Lisa Bengtsson for Save The Children

Some of Sweden’s most prominent designers have made products for your home for Save The Children, and one of my favorite designers, Lisa Bengtsson, has a new collection of wallpaper, textiles and posters created especially for their design shop. The sweet doggy patterns that you see below are from the Tillsammans collection (which means Together in Swedish) and shows dachshunds from around the world.

Lisa Bengtsson for Save The Children

As mentioned, these products are in cooperation with Save the Children and show six illustrations depicting dachshunds from around the world with hats and hairstyles to symbolize different nationalities. The illustrations are exclusively designed for Save the Children and are available only in their design shop. I like to know that when I buy something beautiful for my home that I am supporting such a worthwhile cause — to protect and save little ones against violence and sexual assault and to invest in their future by ensuring that they receive a proper education in Sweden and in other parts of the world.

Lisa Bengtsson for Save The Children

Lisa Bengtsson for Save The Children

I love seeing good design being used to promote and support something so important and to own something that I know supported children in need makes the item, for me at least, so much more valuable and gives me a genuine emotional connection to it. Design with heart. With soul. With intention that goes beyond personal gain.

I believe that our possessions should have positive associations (or else what’s the point in owning them?) and any design item created for such a worthy cause would definitely make it even more cherished and special in my home. Do you agree?

Thank you Helena from Room and Serve for writing to me about this today!

(images: lisa bengtsson/save the children)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on May 06, 2011

1. Marlene commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 11:35am

Oh how CUTE! :-) I absolutely know two friends who will go NUTS about it! :-)
    Marlene´s last blog post ..-Wassernot- in der Wohnung

2. tinajo commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:03pm

It´s a lovely collection and I like the good cause behinde it. :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Ain´t I Mrs Bargain Hunter!

3. European Chic commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:24pm

I totally agree that any item created for a worthy cause makes it even more special and worthy. The dachshunds had me sold straight away. I love dogs!

Now I wished someone (anyone out there?) would be inspired to create designs with Spanish Waterdogs, my dog of choice!

Thanks for sharing!
    European Chic´s last blog post ..Notting Hill beauty

4. suprlipopette commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:25pm

How beautiful !
    suprlipopette´s last blog post ..Minibus- nouvelle station !

5. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:40pm

That’s a lovely cause..I absolutely adore the look on the dog’s face..priceless!! have a lovely day, holly.. i would love you to visit my daughter’s room on my blog when you have a moment! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Meyhas room – REVEALED well almost

6. rhianne commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 1:11pm

how cute, I definitely agree about the positive associations too!
    rhianne´s last blog post ..Henley in Arden

7. Tracey Chalk commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 2:18pm

So great to see different wallpapers out there.
    Tracey Chalk´s last blog post ..FAVOURITE BLOG FRIDAY- Stella &amp Henry

8. mandy keener commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 4:17pm

This makes me giddy! Love this & such a great cause. thanks for sharing.

9. Amelia@ Wind Chimes commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 7:55pm

This is the true essence of “Decorating for a Cause”.

The Save the Children program should be emulated here in the US. We can help a lot of underprivileged and homeless children.

Kudos to Lisa Bengtsson and her effort to help those who are in need.
    Amelia@ Wind Chimes´s last blog post ..Gorgeous Garden Ornaments for your Backyard

10. China Carnella commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 10:46pm

Great decor pics as usual. I also really love it when bloggers get a little bit personal. It is always nice to know that people are human and I feel it rounds out a blog to a more wholesome level. Congratulations on your success!

11. Jayne commented
    May 7th, 2011 at 11:02pm

This is the cutest thing EVER! I love the story behind it too! Thanks for sharing!

12. Helena ROOM and serve commented
    May 8th, 2011 at 8:34am

Ohhh … :)))
    Helena ROOM and serve´s last blog post ..24 kvadrat med sjönära läge på Gotland

13. whorange commented
    May 9th, 2011 at 9:31am

these are amazing! and for such a great cause, too. thanks, holly!
    whorange´s last blog post ..whoranging for a rope wall

14. Eloisa commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 7:56am

Haha, this is too funny!
    I love dogs and dachshunds are lovely for their stoic expression.
    Made me smile :)
    Eloisa´s last blog post ..Yes

15. citta design commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:32pm

anything which puts a smile on our faces, while helping a worthy cause gets a big tick from us!

16. Rachel commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 10:04pm

This is so amazingly wonderful! How do you order though! I don’t see anywhere in English. My Swedish is pretty rusty… LOL :)
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Rachel
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Derby Bead Madness And A Couple of Discount Codes

17. Holly 2 commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 12:26am

We love Lisa Bengtsson too, and you can find her new Tillsammans wallpaper and posters here.

18. Juliette Reid commented
    October 12th, 2012 at 8:44pm

Where do I find this wallpaper?