Photography by Andrea Hübner

I was recently wasting time doing research over at deviantART and stumbled across German photographer Andrea-H or Andrea Hübner, who also goes under the name Quadratiges (or Square in English) and my, my, my how brilliant she is! It was love at first site the moment I laid eyes on her stunning portfolio.

Andrea’s photographs radiate such emotion because her gorgeous composition and use of natural light is breataking but also her wistfully thoughtful models are quite intriguing too. I feel bathed in peace and quite relaxed just looking at each photo. I appreciate that so many are in square format (hence the name Quadratiges) or diptych as both styles really appeal to me currently. The best part about Andrea’s work though is that you can purchase it so this is not merely about having a one-time dose of inspiration but instead it is an opportunity for you to own some of her work to enjoy at home.

All  photographs above as well as many more are sold here and ship worldwide – I have my eye on several that would work beautifully in my home. What about you, do you see anything that you like? She even has a beautiful calendar available for 2011 that you simply must check out and she designs CD and book covers on request… I can totally see her work on novels!

(images: andrea hübner)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on May 11, 2011

1. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:33pm

beautiful work..just checked out her website and found a few that would be perfect for my home..thanks for sharing, holly..have a lovely day..do visit my blog when you have a moment..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Beautiful in Brooklyn

2. The Dandelion Chronicles commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:45pm

Stunning!!! Thanks for sharing..
    The Dandelion Chronicles´s last blog post ..Summer Nails to Come

3. Glenda @ The Paper Mulberry commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 5:10pm

Those are hauntingly beautiful, the colours are divine! I’m so pleased I found this blog!
    Glenda @ The Paper Mulberry´s last blog post ..The Fabulous French Chateau

4. tinajo commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 6:37pm

This is breathtaking – so stunning and beautiful! Wish I had that kind of talent. :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Movies to remember – by different reasons

5. Sheedia | InspirU CooCoo commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 7:15pm

They are all perfect for decorating a place you want to relax in. Like you said, just looking at them brings tranquility.
    Sheedia | InspirU CooCoo´s last blog post ..Tree crazy

6. Lmora commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 7:21pm

Beautiful

7. Ana commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 7:46pm

Stunning photography, I’d either love to take photos like this or be photographed by her. Adorable.
    Ana´s last blog post ..NEW IN THE SHOP! – YOU WILL LOVE THIS – GIVEAWAY

8. Lizet commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 8:03pm

Beautiful pale pictures! Makes me want to order pale pink glazes.
    Lizet´s last blog post ..White Folded Bud Vase

9. Lana commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 8:04pm

How lovely! I especially like the photo of the girl standing in a field of tall grasses.
    Lana´s last blog post ..Tuesdays Treasure Hunt

10. Shannon commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 10:34pm

I’m totally sharing that hairstyle pic with my sister who’s going to prom this weekend. Beautiful!
    Shannon´s last blog post ..DIY for the kids

11. Penelope@thirdroomstudio commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 11:12pm

These really are breathtaking, haunting photos. There’s an intellectual quality to them, beyond the beauty. Lovely.

12. Madewithlof commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 11:13pm

She’s lovely. Thanks for sharing!! You make every day so many beautiful posts! You are an inspiration for me and my blog! Thank you soooo much!!!
    Madewithlof´s last blog post ..Mini Challenge – MLeón &amp MWL

13. hena tayeb commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 11:29pm

Lovely images.
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Some Blossoms and Mothers Day

14. JessnY commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 12:07am

SO ethereal and beautiful. I would love to own, either in huge, overscaled format or as a small intimate print for a powder room or such. Thanks for sharing!
    JessnY´s last blog post ..Une Moustache

15. Barbara commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 12:49am

I can tell she is truly talented! There is some truly stunning piece there! Thank you for sharing! – Barbara
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Frida Khalo – The Still Lifes

16. THE-LOUDMOUTH commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 6:36am

Gorgeous photos!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH´s last blog post ..Wednesday Wants &amp Wishes

17. Marlene commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 8:06am

So romantic and nearly volatile – I am pretty fond of them….!
    Marlene´s last blog post ..Eine kleine Premiere- Co-Posting mit roboti liebt! Und wir lieben- Schilder!

18. Laura commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 3:24pm

What beautiful photography. It is such a wonderful feeling to find enlightening inspiration, like I have with your blog. You have such a cool story. If you come to Stockholm for your book, please let me know. Also, if you are here you can come by and visit my shop. I am an American import too. :) Have a lovely day. Kind regards, Laura

19. hearttypat commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 4:46pm

superbly pretty!
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..day 18- dreams are made of these- part 2

20. Shell commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:15pm

Her work is beautiful with a haunting quality to them. Going over to her website to look at more of her work.
    Shell´s last blog post ..Glad to be Back

21. Lauren commented
    May 13th, 2011 at 8:39pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

I wish the photos I took look anything like these…amazing!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Happenings

22. Angelia commented
    May 13th, 2011 at 9:30pm

I do really love the “square” format as well. They do feel very European as well.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Rhythm

23. Rocio Rincon commented
    May 14th, 2011 at 4:50pm

OMG, her photography is absolutely gorgeous! I’m speechless!
    Rocio Rincon´s last blog post ..Fun Finds- Lilly Pulitzer Printed Bike

24. Anna-Malin commented
    May 15th, 2011 at 10:40am

Beautiful!!

Have you received my emails?
    Anna-Malin´s last blog post ..Att känna sina begränsningar

25. Johanna commented
    May 15th, 2011 at 3:09pm

Beautiful photos. I woud love to take one home :)
    Johanna´s last blog post ..Lugn Söndag

26. decor8 commented
    May 16th, 2011 at 12:31pm

@Anna-Malin: Yes, I think you know that by now though. he he. I was in Hamburg so I got a little behind in email. So sorry dear. xoxo