DIY: Little House Mobile

Hello again everyone, it’s me Sania Pell. Following my last posts about how to make lovely Liberty garlands, flower napkin holders and fabric wrapped lampshades, next I’ll be explaining how to make the hanging house mobiles that we suspended above Holly’s signing table as a little visual eye-catcher away from our main table setting.

As the party was to celebrate Holly’s book launch, I had the idea of creating a hanging mobile that linked to the theme of her book – decorating! The flower and leaf garlands were very much about Spring but these mobiles are all about houses and homes. Here is how to make your own little house mobiles.

House DIY

Little House DIY

(Click HERE to download the steps in XL size.)

We made three variations of this house and suspended them close together at slightly different heights. At home you could hang it on the wall using the hook of the hanger or use fishing line or cotton to suspend them from your ceiling and watch them moving around. The doors and windows spin independently in a breeze.

For my photos I opted to ‘frame’ the little house by hanging it on an old picture frame I had painted duck egg blue and simply propped it against the wall.

This is another little project that costs next to nothing and can easily be done with things you may have at home already. I do hope you’ve enjoyed this project and that it has inspired you to try something new. If you have any queries about this project please put them in the comments and I’ll help if I can. And if you tried making your own Spring garland or wrapped lampshade after my last post, let us know how you did in the comments, we would love to hear about it! Thank you all again for reading and happy making! – Sania x

(images: sania pell)

Posted by decor8 in diy, guest bloggers on May 16, 2011

1. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    May 16th, 2011 at 5:35pm

So pretty and whimsical..thanks for sharing the tutorial, sania! have a lovely day..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Monday pinterest love – neutral

2. fenny setiawan commented
    May 16th, 2011 at 6:30pm

Holly, thank you for sharing the marathon of DIY projects by Sania Pell (one of my fave stylist), it is totally awesome and easy to make for beginner like me. hugs…..
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..Romantic vintage for my dressing table inspired by Alice W

3. solovelydecoration commented
    May 16th, 2011 at 6:49pm

always good ideas here!
    tons of inspiration
    i’ m gonna try this at home!
    thanks
    bonne soirée
    sophie
    solovelydecoration´s last blog post ..Détails de cuisine

4. Amanda@Easy Peasy Organic commented
    May 17th, 2011 at 4:38am

I love this idea! Perfect for housewarmings, or new babies, or maybe even to help kids make a memory mobile before moving to a new place?
    Amanda@Easy Peasy Organic´s last blog post ..Shadows

5. Charlotte commented
    May 17th, 2011 at 10:27am

Love this idea! I have been wanting to make a boy-friendly house for my little man’s bedroom and am so inspired by this.

Great post, lovely blog.
    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte xo
    Charlotte´s last blog post ..a link list and a to do list

6. Lisa commented
    May 17th, 2011 at 11:00pm

This is so sweet! I’ve just got to try it someday — soon! — thinking of doing a bird house with a little bluebird. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Card Photography Series- The Start!