Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

May 24, 2011

Hey everyone, how are you today? I’m doing great, very busy at the moment but I always look forward to times when I can be on decor8 sharing my finds and interacting with you because it’s my escape from the chaos. :) Blogging is such therapy, isn’t it!? Today is Tuesday and as you know, it’s time for me to highlight five Etsy shops that I’m enjoying this week so let’s get started and see what talent awaits us over on Etsy today!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

First up, I’m mad for prize ribbons, badges and paper crafting so the Saratops shop had my attention the second I found Sara’s sweet little crafty heaven. I love her map ribbons and library book card notebooks and that she’s into recycling – she’s quite clever I think!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Arminho in Portugal has the best notebooks – I’d love to have a bunch of them for my office as I refer to travel size notebooks so often and carry them everywhere I go. Do you use notebooks too?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

The next little shop keeper is Love, Maude and I really like her sweet hand-embroidered felted wool creations, especially her embroidery hoops-as-decor. So pretty and created so expertly – I appreciate her attention to finer details and her limited, sophisticated color palette.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Illustrative watercolors from Gennebra in Portugal is another pretty find that I discovered this morning while browsing Etsy. Her focus on animals and soft pastels is quite sweet. Her animal paw art is my favorite – I’d love to frame them for a kid’s bedroom.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Kirbee Lawler in Sydney is a graphic designer and illustrator who creates nice wooden brooches and art prints that you can frame and display with a feminine look and feel.

I hope that you’ve enjoyed my round up, I’ll be back in a moment with a few more inspiring posts for your decorating pleasure… :)

(images: linked to their sources above.)

19 Comments

• Reply tali May 24, 2011 at 3:42 pm

great finds! love those notebooks.

• Reply andrea May 24, 2011 at 3:58 pm

hi,
    i like your stylish and informativ blog. thanks for this!

can u put an automativ google translator on your site?
    greets from germany,
    andrea

• Reply Shari May 24, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Lovely finds…. Love, Maude is precious! All of the vendors are really fun. I’ve let my Etsy shop slide… need to get on the ball!! Seems that blogging has been taking up more time than ever….

Hope you’re having a great day, Holly! xox

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 24, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Love these….especially Gennebra and Kirbee. Off to check them all out, thank you hun! Hope you have a beautiful day!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply sally May 24, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I love notebooks especially covered journals, maps and embroidery !
    Have a great day :)

• Reply Sam Taylor May 24, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I love notebooks. I always have one on me and put so many different things in there; receipes that I see, lovely poems that I read, books to read, music to buy, shopping lists, fabrics I like, ideas I have …… anything and everything really.

What I love most, is going back to read them two or three years later. I think they are better than any diary, you can visually see what was happening in your life at that time

• Reply viv May 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm

So many great finds, thanks for that, I specially love the hand embroidery!

• Reply the olive tree May 24, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Great finds!

• Reply April {iam_artisan} May 24, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Oh I just love the notebooks too… and yes, I use notebooks a lot… that’s why I ended up making one too… lol… =)

• Reply Ruth May 24, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I am so glad I came across Take Five Tuesday because I love Etsy shops but I get so overwhelmed trying to find new things–and these posts make it easier! I loved Love, Maude from today’s post–there’s SO many talented artisans out there! Thanks for spotlighting them :)

• Reply MichelleP May 24, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Wow. These shops really raise the bar. Just outstanding!

• Reply donaville May 24, 2011 at 8:46 pm

i’m a big fan of saratops! i was just perusing the shop yesterday :)

• Reply jenn May 25, 2011 at 4:13 am

great finds. I travel a lot (pilot) and just love anything travel related or map related. those items by Saratops are my fave!

• Reply Jane May 25, 2011 at 5:40 am

Ah, Holly, I love Saratops, too! I love her security envelope gift tags. J x

• Reply lauren carney May 25, 2011 at 10:54 am

I am mortified that it has taken me so long to come across your amazing website! Honestly, I said “How on earth have I gone so long without discovering this?” Decor8 I love you, and am totally your new stalker, i mean follower! x x

• Reply decor8 May 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm

@Lauren Carney – So happy that you found me! :) I’m Holly, nice to meet you, I’m the lady behind the blog.:)

• Reply mclovebuddy May 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm

loving the picks and curation. :)

• Reply Vicki K May 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm

What a great collection of shops – every single one is a treasure!!