Quirky Finds For The Home

I was just tweet, tweet, tweeting when all of a sudden a store I’d not heard of tweeted back to introduce themselves and their shop. They are called Heima Store and are based in the Philippines (I know far from home, über depressing) and I just adore their products and pretty website even though most of it I could never afford to have shipped to me. You have to check out their gorgeous selection – it’s very much my style so of course I fell in love at first click.

Fun Furniture Finds

It’s a little Anthropologie meets Danish design meets Liberty London with a touch of San Francisco if I’m even making sense here! LOL! I love, love, love the Aunt Georgia chair. I mean, I love it. Did I mention I love it?

But the sexy little chair that I lust for even more is the Holly Day chair. Yes, Holly Day! I’m really in to gray with splashes of hot pink right now so Holly Day makes Holly’s Day for sure. I’ve been into hot pink since July of 2010 actually, but the love affair has only intensified as time goes by. Gray + Hot Pink = my current living room that I’m working on. I also love the sweet Ms. Pea, she would be beautiful in my bedroom. She’s a little edgy but still traditional and she minds her manners.

Fun Furniture Finds

In addition to fab chairs, they have other furniture items and interiors accessories as well as a series of sweet e-mags that they create around their shop offerings which seem to change frequently.

Fun Furniture Finds

Fun Furniture Finds

Fun Furniture Finds

These chairs and painted wood things REALLY get my creative wheels spinning… I don’t know about you, but I’m in love with some of this stuff and want to try adding a quirky chair to my living room and a fun painted dresser to my entryway, el pronto!

(images: heima store and spell saab and more product shots here.)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, furniture on May 24, 2011

1. Dana Quist commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 7:48pm

Oh my gosh, I love the painted chests! What a find!

2. Claudia commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 7:56pm

I love the calligraphy print!
    Claudia´s last blog post ..Gallery wall

3. Ariana commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 7:59pm

Oh, my goodness! I grew up in the Philippines, and I have never seen design like this over there! I mean, Filipinos are incredibly creative and artistic, so this should not surprise to me– these pieces are just so fresh and wonderful, and it’s fun to see really modern design coming from Manila.
    Ariana´s last blog post ..Daily Photo- The Louvre

4. Drew Humphries commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 8:19pm

How PRECIOUS is that pink dresser/organizer?! That last set up is adorable!!
    Drew Humphries´s last blog post ..Sail Away

5. Melissa commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 8:35pm

Wonderful find. I love the Aunt Georgia chair!
    Melissa´s last blog post ..5 Rustic Chic Wedding Ideas

6. BODIE and FOU commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 8:37pm

Absolutely love it!

7. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 9:22pm

what lovely stuff..the upholstered chairs are all amazing..i am inspired to try something like that with one of my chairs ..thankyou for sharing such a lovely find, holly..have a wonderful day! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..They are here

8. Suzanne commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 9:39pm

Really beautiful products! Love it! Very basic but a with a happy twist! Love the ‘apartmentlife’ painting! I am inspired!

9. Jill Seidner | Interior Design commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 9:40pm

Love these finds, too! Amazing what you can *find* via Twitter. (Curious to know if they will retail stateside?) Thanks for sharing!

10. Penelope@thirdroomstudio commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 10:25pm

oooh lovely, what a beautiful collection – and the Philippines isn’t so far for me – I’m off to check shipping…
    Penelope@thirdroomstudio´s last blog post ..Geninne D Zlatkis

11. Concha commented
    May 24th, 2011 at 11:59pm

It’s great when a shop presents its products in a clever, well-styled way. These shots are so appealing! I feel I’m in a bakery, comfortably seated, eating a delicious slice of cake. Or back in primary school but only with good memories!
    Concha´s last blog post ..Bancada – Worktop

12. Kristin johnsen commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 12:31am

I would not have thought of the Philipines for this design style – what great stuff! Love love love the pink drawers! Thanks, I think, for sharing this , Holly!
    Kristin johnsen´s last blog post ..Sometimes you need to start- sometimes you need to finish

13. Dondra commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 12:32am

LOVE the eclectic bohemian look! I am head over heels for the patchwork sofa and ottoman. Already plotting to make my own.
    Dondra´s last blog post ..Happy Scrappy Mothers Day!

14. Steph Bond Hutkin (Bondville) commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 12:47am

So many inspiring ideas. I spot some IKEA fabric in there so maybe some of these looks are achieveable too :) And for the Aussies, that last image features a ceramic rabbit lamp by Have You Met Miss Jones (they are designed in Australia and manufactured in the Philippines – available here online and at stockists). They are really lovely quality.
    Steph Bond Hutkin (Bondville)´s last blog post ..Marquise Fashion Designer Project for Sydney Childrens Hospital

15. kathryn commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 2:14am

the chairs are really awesome!!

16. Jaclyn commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 2:26am

I am in between apartments at the moment and all these amazing products are killing me. My list of places to visit and projects keeps growing, now this store is another added to my list. loving the simple, styled shots – beautiful!
    Jaclyn´s last blog post ..manifesto

17. PP commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 2:45am

Satchels are to die for….

18. Sarah commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 3:08am

Really, really cool stuff, especially the chairs! love them all! Here in NH it has been raining nonstop for about 2 weeks, no kidding! More thunder and lightning and torrential rain tonight as well…hoping for the sun soon! I noticed in a later post you mention that spring has been sunny there – anyway, thanks for sharing!

19. Patti commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 4:22am

What a sweet feature! May I also recommend the blog of one of the Heima artists, Fozzy Castro Dayrit.

20. Diane @ home sweet homemade commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 5:01am

these are adorable and fun and stylish pieces – that modified card catalog unit is absolutely charming!

21. Rooth commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 8:50am

The prints!!

22. Nat@ dear little house commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 10:06am

How much fin does that look! I really like the drawers, but I have a wee bit of a drawer obsession (that’s really really putting it mildly…)!
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..The first bricks have been laid!

23. Cristina commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 10:24am

You are an endless source of beautiful things! *_*
    Cristina´s last blog post ..The parcel – Il pacco

24. Christina commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 11:36am

They sell AMAZING stuff!!! Especially the paintings with the words,I think I’m gonna try make something like those myself!

25. Fiffiga Systrar commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 11:47am

Lovely! Absolutely lovely! We love the painted boxes and the pink dresser! Så nice!!
    Thank you for all your inspiration!
    Fiffiga Systrar´s last blog post ..Solstolar i ny klädsel

26. nap atelier commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 12:29pm

Thank you, thank you! Really great finds full of inspiration!!!
    Have a lovely day from Milan!
    Darija
    nap atelier´s last blog post ..Dream like a little bird

27. Nicole commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 1:25pm

That pink chest drawer reminds me so much of traditional Chinese medicine cabinets in the past. Love the updated version! So pretty & perfect for a workroom!
    Nicole´s last blog post ..Dahlia Ring available in selected colors

28. Lauren commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 5:39pm

I love the Holly Day chair as well…it’s so unexpected.

I bet your living room is going to look great with that great color combo!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..My humble little garden

29. Alexis L. commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 6:42pm

I just love those little boxes. If only my boyfriend would allow such girlishness in the living room, since I have no room to call a workspace. Perhaps I should just set up a little room divider :)

30. hena tayeb commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 9:22pm

Love the Aunt Georgia chair.. as well as the chair with the matching ottoman. The pattern on the fabric is very cute. Also loving the calligraphy print.
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Two Year Etsyversary

31. Gabrielle Beretta commented
    May 25th, 2011 at 10:27pm

If life was fair, this store would be in Nashville, TN. Heck, I’d even settle for NYC. AMAZING find! Thanks for sharing!!
    Gabrielle Beretta´s last blog post ..Mirror- Mirror

32. Anne commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 3:53am

Ooh so many pretty prints! And their video’s so creative :)

33. Guy@JustInteriors commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 4:49pm

Love the upholstery, the fabrics and patterns on the chairs are adorable, especially the miss pea wing chair. Oh and the Life is A Party neon light on the site is just screaming out to be on my wall. I would never have associated these styles with the Philippines, always like to be surprised though. Stumbling across sites like this (and yours in my case) reinforce the idea in my mind that procrastination can be rewarding ;-)

34. madz@bettercurly commented
    June 12th, 2011 at 6:17am

wow! heima store got featured! indeed the store has lots of lovely items to offer ?
    madz@bettercurly´s last blog post ..Cinemalaya 2011

35. wiji commented
    August 7th, 2011 at 12:27pm

Yay! Some of the prints here are those I designed for Heima! :)