Decorating Tips, Objects

Quirky Finds For The Home

May 24, 2011

I was just tweet, tweet, tweeting when all of a sudden a store I’d not heard of tweeted back to introduce themselves and their shop. They are called Heima Store and are based in the Philippines (I know far from home, über depressing) and I just adore their products and pretty website even though most of it I could never afford to have shipped to me. You have to check out their gorgeous selection – it’s very much my style so of course I fell in love at first click.

Quirky Finds For The Home

It’s a little Anthropologie meets Danish design meets Liberty London with a touch of San Francisco if I’m even making sense here! LOL! I love, love, love the Aunt Georgia chair. I mean, I love it. Did I mention I love it?

But the sexy little chair that I lust for even more is the Holly Day chair. Yes, Holly Day! I’m really in to gray with splashes of hot pink right now so Holly Day makes Holly’s Day for sure. I’ve been into hot pink since July of 2010 actually, but the love affair has only intensified as time goes by. Gray + Hot Pink = my current living room that I’m working on. I also love the sweet Ms. Pea, she would be beautiful in my bedroom. She’s a little edgy but still traditional and she minds her manners.

Quirky Finds For The Home

In addition to fab chairs, they have other furniture items and interiors accessories as well as a series of sweet e-mags that they create around their shop offerings which seem to change frequently.

Quirky Finds For The Home

Quirky Finds For The Home

Quirky Finds For The Home

These chairs and painted wood things REALLY get my creative wheels spinning… I don’t know about you, but I’m in love with some of this stuff and want to try adding a quirky chair to my living room and a fun painted dresser to my entryway, el pronto!

(images: heima store and spell saab and more product shots here.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Dana Quist May 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Oh my gosh, I love the painted chests! What a find!

• Reply Claudia May 24, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I love the calligraphy print!

• Reply Ariana May 24, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Oh, my goodness! I grew up in the Philippines, and I have never seen design like this over there! I mean, Filipinos are incredibly creative and artistic, so this should not surprise to me– these pieces are just so fresh and wonderful, and it’s fun to see really modern design coming from Manila.

• Reply Drew Humphries May 24, 2011 at 8:19 pm

How PRECIOUS is that pink dresser/organizer?! That last set up is adorable!!

• Reply Melissa May 24, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Wonderful find. I love the Aunt Georgia chair!

• Reply BODIE and FOU May 24, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Absolutely love it!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold May 24, 2011 at 9:22 pm

what lovely stuff..the upholstered chairs are all amazing..i am inspired to try something like that with one of my chairs ..thankyou for sharing such a lovely find, holly..have a wonderful day! xx meenal

• Reply Suzanne May 24, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Really beautiful products! Love it! Very basic but a with a happy twist! Love the ‘apartmentlife’ painting! I am inspired!

• Reply Jill Seidner | Interior Design May 24, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Love these finds, too! Amazing what you can *find* via Twitter. (Curious to know if they will retail stateside?) Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Penelope@thirdroomstudio May 24, 2011 at 10:25 pm

oooh lovely, what a beautiful collection – and the Philippines isn’t so far for me – I’m off to check shipping…

• Reply Concha May 24, 2011 at 11:59 pm

It’s great when a shop presents its products in a clever, well-styled way. These shots are so appealing! I feel I’m in a bakery, comfortably seated, eating a delicious slice of cake. Or back in primary school but only with good memories!

• Reply Kristin johnsen May 25, 2011 at 12:31 am

I would not have thought of the Philipines for this design style – what great stuff! Love love love the pink drawers! Thanks, I think, for sharing this , Holly!

• Reply Dondra May 25, 2011 at 12:32 am

LOVE the eclectic bohemian look! I am head over heels for the patchwork sofa and ottoman. Already plotting to make my own.

• Reply Steph Bond Hutkin (Bondville) May 25, 2011 at 12:47 am

So many inspiring ideas. I spot some IKEA fabric in there so maybe some of these looks are achieveable too :) And for the Aussies, that last image features a ceramic rabbit lamp by Have You Met Miss Jones (they are designed in Australia and manufactured in the Philippines – available here online and at stockists). They are really lovely quality.

• Reply kathryn May 25, 2011 at 2:14 am

the chairs are really awesome!!

• Reply Jaclyn May 25, 2011 at 2:26 am

I am in between apartments at the moment and all these amazing products are killing me. My list of places to visit and projects keeps growing, now this store is another added to my list. loving the simple, styled shots – beautiful!

• Reply PP May 25, 2011 at 2:45 am

Satchels are to die for….

• Reply Sarah May 25, 2011 at 3:08 am

Really, really cool stuff, especially the chairs! love them all! Here in NH it has been raining nonstop for about 2 weeks, no kidding! More thunder and lightning and torrential rain tonight as well…hoping for the sun soon! I noticed in a later post you mention that spring has been sunny there – anyway, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Patti May 25, 2011 at 4:22 am

What a sweet feature! May I also recommend the blog of one of the Heima artists, Fozzy Castro Dayrit.

• Reply Diane @ home sweet homemade May 25, 2011 at 5:01 am

these are adorable and fun and stylish pieces – that modified card catalog unit is absolutely charming!

• Reply Rooth May 25, 2011 at 8:50 am

The prints!!

• Reply Nat@ dear little house May 25, 2011 at 10:06 am

How much fin does that look! I really like the drawers, but I have a wee bit of a drawer obsession (that’s really really putting it mildly…)!

• Reply Cristina May 25, 2011 at 10:24 am

You are an endless source of beautiful things! *_*

• Reply Christina May 25, 2011 at 11:36 am

They sell AMAZING stuff!!! Especially the paintings with the words,I think I’m gonna try make something like those myself!

• Reply Fiffiga Systrar May 25, 2011 at 11:47 am

Lovely! Absolutely lovely! We love the painted boxes and the pink dresser! Så nice!!
    Thank you for all your inspiration!

• Reply nap atelier May 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Thank you, thank you! Really great finds full of inspiration!!!
    Have a lovely day from Milan!

• Reply Nicole May 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm

That pink chest drawer reminds me so much of traditional Chinese medicine cabinets in the past. Love the updated version! So pretty & perfect for a workroom!

• Reply Lauren May 25, 2011 at 5:39 pm

I love the Holly Day chair as well…it’s so unexpected.

I bet your living room is going to look great with that great color combo!

• Reply Alexis L. May 25, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I just love those little boxes. If only my boyfriend would allow such girlishness in the living room, since I have no room to call a workspace. Perhaps I should just set up a little room divider :)

• Reply hena tayeb May 25, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Love the Aunt Georgia chair.. as well as the chair with the matching ottoman. The pattern on the fabric is very cute. Also loving the calligraphy print.

• Reply Gabrielle Beretta May 25, 2011 at 10:27 pm

If life was fair, this store would be in Nashville, TN. Heck, I’d even settle for NYC. AMAZING find! Thanks for sharing!!

• Reply Anne May 26, 2011 at 3:53 am

Ooh so many pretty prints! And their video’s so creative :)

• Reply Guy@JustInteriors May 26, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Love the upholstery, the fabrics and patterns on the chairs are adorable, especially the miss pea wing chair. Oh and the Life is A Party neon light on the site is just screaming out to be on my wall. I would never have associated these styles with the Philippines, always like to be surprised though. Stumbling across sites like this (and yours in my case) reinforce the idea in my mind that procrastination can be rewarding ;-)

• Reply madz@bettercurly June 12, 2011 at 6:17 am

wow! heima store got featured! indeed the store has lots of lovely items to offer ?

• Reply wiji August 7, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Yay! Some of the prints here are those I designed for Heima! :)