uncategorized

Happy Long Weekend!

May 28, 2011

I want to pop in quickly (Hi!) to wish you all a wonderful weekend. It’s a bank holiday in the UK and Memorial Day weekend in the US, so I think I’m going to take advantage of these days off to work on the shop window that I’m designing for the American Book Center in Amsterdam in preparation for my signing event there on June 25th. I also need to work on the story I’m pulling together for the premiere issue of Mowie Kay Magazine that will launch soon (go, Mowie, go!) so the extra day off shall be used very well. And you? What will you do this weekend? Do you have Monday off?

Happy Long Weekend!

Isn’t this illustration adorable by Kitschy Kitschy Kool on Etsy? It’s quite fitting for Memorial Day weekend and since I’m American, I rather like it. :)

I’ll see you on Tuesday… xo

(image: kitschy kitschy kool)

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover May 28, 2011 at 6:58 pm

No long weekend for me here in Switzerland (that I know of), but I wish you a very happy one! I’m just hoping for the warm days to come back and to have a very productive day today and tomorrow.

• Reply elisa May 28, 2011 at 7:10 pm

wonderful illustration. makes me think of images i’ve just seen of the water for elephants film.

i like to take the holiday of the country i’m in, so i’m taking monday off with the uk.

can’t wait to see a picture of the window! i would love to dress a window, such possibilities. i think robert rauschenberg and jasper johns did that in their early days xx

• Reply All things nice... May 28, 2011 at 8:43 pm

No holiday here in Ireland until next weekend but I am really looking forward to it :) Hope you have a nice weekend and goo luck with the window design. As a child I always wanted to be a window dresser. Sometimes when I’m shopping I’m tempted to go into the shop and ask could I buy some of the lovely posters and cardboard cut outs they have displayed in their windows. Hope we will get to see an image of your design when it’s finished

All things nice…

• Reply decor8 May 28, 2011 at 9:55 pm

@All things nice – Yes I will definitely post my window on decor8. :)

• Reply Kim Welling May 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Oh, I’m so curious about that shop window at the ABC! I visite their shop in Amsterdam about once a month and now definitely will at the end of june! :)

• Reply decor8 May 28, 2011 at 9:54 pm

@Kim – Hi! Yes I’ll design the window for my book so it will be visible from June 24th into July – I think mid July sometime. :)

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold May 28, 2011 at 8:48 pm

No long weekend for us in India..but i am happy with a regular weekend too..have a lovely long weekend, holly..xx meenal

• Reply max fliz May 28, 2011 at 10:04 pm

This article is a treat for me:-) I’ve added to your favorites and will definitely back here

• Reply jenn May 28, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I rather like it too! I’m very happy to have monday off :)

• Reply BringingPrettyBack May 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm

We re having a long weekend here in US as well. Hopefully we will do some grilling and relaxing!
    Have a great weekend!
    Kristin

• Reply Kira May 29, 2011 at 10:40 am

Aw that sounds great. I’ve been spending the weekend in the garden planting flowers and herbs. But tomorrow it’s back to reality, and 8 hour days at the library finishing my exam. Yuck!

I always enjoy stopping by here, thank you for doing a great job! :)

– Kira

• Reply allison May 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I love that illustration!! Totally pined to my art board on pinterest lol:)

• Reply Maaike May 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm

No way, you will have a signing event here in Amsterdam by the end of next month?! I’ll note that in my agenda!!

Have a lovely week,
    Maaike

• Reply Lidyll May 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Hope you have a superb long weekend*smile*

best wishes from Norway

• Reply desiree - Vosgesparis May 29, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Sounds like fun ABC let people very often make their own shop window ;)
    I should have thought about the fact you are american living in europe !

I was approached by Home & Garden Television from the US (they thought I was an American living in Paris LOL) and wanted to show my house in the show.. When I told them I was Dutch they asked if I knew any expats who would love to be on their show…. !?

• Reply decor8 May 30, 2011 at 11:41 am

Desiree – HGTV reached out to me too – but I’m not interested…

• Reply Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 30, 2011 at 4:42 am

I just found Mowie Kay the other day and now, I am seeing him here, too. I LOVE his work!!!

• Reply Jo May 30, 2011 at 9:08 am

Hello from New Zealand!
    I was in Wellington in the weekend and found Decorate! Purchased in record time and I devoured half the book by bed time, truely gorgeous homes and totally inspirational. Love the floral wallpaper in the kitchen with the ruby cupboards. So well done, it’s nice to see it finally reach our shores…now if we can just get Ikea here, I’ll be one happy woman!

• Reply decor8 May 30, 2011 at 11:36 am

@Jo – THANK you so much, I am happy that Decorate makes YOU happy, too! :)

• Reply BODIE and FOU May 30, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Hi Holly

I cant wait to see the window you’re doing. I’m trying to find some inspiring ideas for the front cover of our first mail order catalogue. It’s exciting but stylism is new to me so it takes me ages to get a full picture of what I want to create for the cover and since it’s our first it really needs to be a success :-(

In the meantime, I had a lovely, rewarding DIY weekend during this Bank Holiday weekend. I painted a console in white which is now looking very French and stylish and made a coffee table out of an industrial pallet. Will send you some pics if you want. bises

• Reply Nadia May 31, 2011 at 7:28 am

There are no long weekends in Europe unfortunately, but we had a national holiday with 4 days off last week and my 1 month Bali retreat is just 10 days away :)

Oh, I’ll be in Amsterdam twice for the next months, but I won’t make it for the book signing… Good luck! :)

• Reply Marlene May 31, 2011 at 11:50 am

I’m looking forward so much to the long weekend! I’ll be hiking with friends and their 7 months old baby for three days. A try :-) We’ll see if she likes hiking as much as we do… ;-)

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo May 31, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Hello ladies, you seem very busy with a lot of projects going on, so I hope you have enjoyed the long break and had some nice peaceful time. I am still considering to come along to the Andsterdam event, I have an operation on MOnday and need to recover, nothing mayor but has to be done, so I hope can get well soon and hopefully join you all there.

• Reply decor8 May 31, 2011 at 10:00 pm

@Margarita you have to come to Meet The Blogger – over 100 bloggers will be there, everyone gets a goody bag, cupcakes, drinks, fun fun fun and we’ll go out after for dinner + cocktails if you’d like! :)

• Reply Nancy Isabelle labrie June 1, 2011 at 4:35 am

Oh Well, on monday, I’m getting my êtes fixes with lasik!!!! I’
    Ce bene wearing glasses since i was 7… I’m almost 38! So monday is a super special day!!!!!!

• Reply Yiyi Wang June 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I just did an artwork with the same bike lol, it was for the 30 days of creativity challenge http://www.m-c.com.au/30-days-of-creativity

• Reply kathryn June 1, 2011 at 8:16 pm

i really like that print too…and a lot of the other prints on her Etsy site!!