BHLDN: Weddings, Parties and Moodboards, By You!

It’s no surprise that Anthropologie would launch a website dedicated to festive parties and lovely brides… why of course, it’s a natural fit! I love BHLDN (they’ve been around for just a wee bit) and hope that it will eventually lead to Anthro creating a section in their stores that sells lovely things for stylish entertainers everywhere, don’t you? When I look at BHLDN and flip through each virtual product (I love their decor page), I feel creative and inspired to do something great.

BHLDN

I’m in the process of working on our big anniversary party this summer and I’m trying to figure out how I want it to look and feel – 10 years of marriage isn’t a tiny blip on the map – it’s a huge accomplishment in a world where, sadly, most couples divorce within the first five years. I’m happy that my husband and I have nearly ten years behind us and can move into the next ten, only my big, big hope is that the next ten will include a new baby, maybe two, and then when I celebrate in the future we’ll have our children by our side. But for now, it’s just us two, and his German family and our friends who will join in for a festive event in our home in late July. I’m so looking forward to it… I’m thinking of using the same colors that we had when we got married – watermelon + papaya + green with lots of white, of course.

BHLDN

And looking at BHLDN not only brings back merry days of when we took our vows, but of how I want to make our 10th anniversary the best it can be while also not feeling put on, showy, fake or over-done like so many people push in your face these days in magazines and on television — I’m so over the “perfectionist phase” for home parties and even interior decorating. I’m all about natural, from the heart displays of love – especially at parties hosted at home. Sure, when you go out you want a wedding or event to be over the top but at home, I don’t know, it needs to feel like the real deal so people can feel their best.

bldhn3

Have you seen and downloaded the BHLDN moodboards? Oh you must! Here is one that I just created for fun – because OH YES you can create an account and make all sorts of moodboards for fun. Love it!

(images: bhldn)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on June 01, 2011

1. Christine commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:05pm

Oh I love this, Holly! And congratulations! I *so* agree about the perfectionist thing. I’m all about natural, happy, pretty :)

2. Isa commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:25pm

I love BHLDN and also agree about the perfectionist thing. My son will be 3 in a few weeks and we’re having a small party, relaxed and FUN at home with family. While I love the very stylized parties around for some circumstances, for me parties are about having fun with your loved ones and enjoying great food and company. Everything else is a bonus.

And congratulations! Ten years is amazing!!
    Isa´s last blog post ..Can your repeat customers find you The story of Mouse

3. sécia commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:56pm

I love that store. That first photo is fantastic.

Sécia
    sécia´s last blog post ..List 1- A few things about yourself

4. Christina commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 3:37pm

Fun! I am in the process of planning a bachelorette party for my little sister but it is not going to be your typical crazy night on the town party. Instead I am using it as an excuse to finally do some entertaining at my home I purchased about a year ago. I am really excited but also nervous! This will be the first time I ever really try to get remotely elaborate with party decorations.

I’m struggling with this idea I have. I have this vision of creating a billowy, romantic, moody atmosphere by hanging white and/or black sheets on the walls and maybe ceilings. (Her colors are ivory, black, and a deep red.) It would also cover up my blue and tan/brown walls that don’t match the color scheme. I did my first test run last night with the only spare sheet I had laying around and some little command strips. I put two strips on the ceiling near the wall and hung up the sheet (with safety pins) to try and get a feel for what it would look like and if I could make it look like what I’m seeing in my head. I’m still not sure. Haha. I can’t seem to find any accounts on the internet of anyone doing something like this before. Do you have any ideas, Holly? I just don’t want it to end up looking wonky or messy.
    Christina´s last blog post ..I Enjoy Shopping

5. Lauren commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 5:43pm

I find BHLDN very inspirational as well!

Congratulations on 10 years of marriage next month…that is a wonderful accomplishment! I think it’s absolutely adorable how you’re going to use your wedding colors for your anniversary party…too cute! :)
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Sprinkling in Some Glam- How Does Your Garden Grow Part II