DIY Paper Mache Teacup by Ann Wood

I came across such an inspirational project while surfing for paper mache ideas on the web… I bumped in to the wonderful world of Ann Wood, whom I’ve known for years, but never thought to look at her blog for such a project. Sure enough, talented Ms. Ann shared a DIY project from A-Z on how to make Paper Mache (Papier-mâché) Teacups and my little heart nearly leaped from my chest. Hey, it doesn’t take much for me – some girls want diamonds and I’m perfectly pleased with a nice little project to try at home with my girlfriends…

DIYAnn

To see the entire project, download the teacup template, and to see what Ann Wood is up to lately you’ll need to click here. She’ll love to have you pop by for a visit, I’m sure. And if you make any pretty paper mache teacups, let me know!

(images: ann wood)

Posted by decor8 in diy on June 01, 2011

1. April {iam_artisan} commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:31pm

Trully talented… heading to her blog now… I wonder what else can she make…
    April {iam_artisan}´s last blog post ..Back in the old days Bookplate

2. the fabled needle (jen) commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:35pm

I saw that ship tea cup on Pinterest (and “liked” it) but I had no idea it was Ann Wood or that there was a tutorial!! I really want to try this.
    the fabled needle (jen)´s last blog post ..This Is Why One Should Be Better Organized

3. Jason Thompson commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:35pm

Those are so beautiful and delicate! Love the colors, especially the sailing ship!

4. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 9:38pm

They are so pretty..just checked them out at ann wood’s site..aren’t they the cutest things..and the illustrations are just fantastic..thanks for sharing, holly..have a lovely day..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..House beautiful

5. Glenda Childers commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 10:11pm

Wouldn’t it be a fun party – a proper tea and making these amazing paper mache tea cups.

Thanks for this beautiful idea.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Printers Row Book Fair and My Top Five Read Aloud Memories

6. Juli @ Sweet Little Chickadee commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 10:16pm

Wow! These are AMAZING!!! Definitely checking out her tutorial (and blog) and adding these to my “to make” list! Love your site as well! :-)

7. Nivea Nunes commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 4:00am

Hello, my name is Nivea, I am a graphic designer.
    So, I am writing for you, because I need your help. I would like know, what the name of this font (typography) that you use in this image http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5787667716_e5df831ce3.jpg

Thank you!

8. ruzu commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 7:12am

Amazing O_O I´m a big fan of tea and this project looks so interesting and cute!! good idea.

take care

9. steffi commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 3:53pm

So so inspiring! I’m loving the look combined with uniqued shaped teacups <3

10. Stephanie commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 5:19pm

These are soooo amazing. I want them!
    Stephanie´s last blog post ..Our Wedding- Part 1

11. Lelanie commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 8:38pm

I love these tea cups. They are so cool. The most creative paper mache thing I have mad is a money box cow ;) and a money box shuttle bus. ;) I should expand my range.
    Lelanie´s last blog post ..The worlds of Baroque and Contemporary meets at Versailles

12. Ea commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 11:01am

very lovely teacups! i’m definitely following Ann Wood’s and your blog!
    Ea´s last blog post ..featured on a treasury