Happy Weekend!

I’d like to wish all of you an inspiring and enjoyable weekend. I’ll be working on my window display for the American Book Center and I have a lot of work ahead of me but I am ready to pull together a nice window for them and can’t wait until I’ve installed it so I can share it with all of you! Yesterday I spent time in my studio listening to Ellie Goulding while shooting for Mowie Kay’s new magazine, due to launch very soon — I wrote some decorating tips and produced and photographed a few spreads that will hopefully inspire you. Once it’s out, I’ll let you know!

Local gardens

Local gardens

Local gardens

It was fun to produce something in my home studio, I have a new camera, I shoot tethered now and I’m learning more about my camera settings. I also have a fantastic tripod so I feel confident as I begin to explore shooting more things for my blog and for other projects. I’m no Debi Treloar, but I do love the freedom of being able to take decent photos because now I can better express myself through a new medium.

I wish you all a very nice weekend, make sure you notice and enjoy the details…

(images: holly becker)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on June 04, 2011

1. Beau commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 4:26pm

A good weekend to you too. I’m looking forward to see the window display

2. Stefanie commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 5:05pm

Dear Holly,

you HAVE to have a look at this.

You’ll love it.

Have a great weekend.
    Blessings from Zurich,
    Stefanie

3. desiree - Vosgesparis commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 8:10pm

I just made pictures of the window this afternoon.. It is currently filled with ‘The Selby” and I was asking Rick how long it would last so he could ‘please’give me the posters ;) Si I guess you are doing it next weekend or so her in town?
    desiree – Vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Sourced &amp Sold Industrial furniture

4. decor8 commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 9:05pm

@Stefanie -That was great, thank you!

5. Emelie - fiffiga systrar commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 9:27pm

Great pictures! Happy weekend to you too! / Emelie
    Emelie – fiffiga systrar´s last blog post ..Ljumma sommarvindar

6. Ada @ New York commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 10:53pm

Hi Holly! HAPPY weeekend! Beautiful photos!!!!! I am looking fwd to seeing the window display .. I am sure it is going to look stunningly beautiful!
    Ada @ New York´s last blog post ..Weekend Color Story … subway train decorated

7. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 4:35am

Hello,

The images are adorable. I always love to look at flower images.
    It’s fascinating….
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..Inspiring-pattern

8. ArticulateArt commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 4:35am

The pictures look so lovely! Happy weekend to you too!
    ArticulateArt´s last blog post ..Ice-cream Eyewear

9. Nat@ dear little house commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 4:40am

Yay for a creative weekend! I’m blogging while waiting for coats of paint to dry :p
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..A week behind

10. DearSarahBlog commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 5:26am

SO pretty! Thank you for sharing. :)
    ~DearSarah

11. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 10:23am

a lovely weekend to you too, holly..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Why dont you

12. Marianne commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 10:33am

You are a good photographer, even without the equipment. I hope you remember that the good photo’s are not in the equipment, but in you.
    I am still happy with my Panasonic fz28.
    I am looking forward to photo’s of your display.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Marianne´s last blog post ..today I ♡

13. Johanna commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 10:52am

Lovley photos :)
    Johanna´s last blog post ..Ljuskälla

14. Alexa commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 7:37pm

I love purple! Beautiful shots too!
    xo
    alexa

15. Joel commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 9:05pm

Love these flower shots. They all have great DOF! Nice work!!

Joel
    Joel´s last blog post ..Four 5×7 Barn Series Fine Art Photographs

16. carolina leoni commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 2:39am

hi, nice blog you have :-)
    carolina leoni´s last blog post ..TESTING

17. karina commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 3:01am

I went to Anthropologie in Pittsburgh PA, just to buy your book. From all the books that I have read about home decor, yours is the best.
    Well organized, beautiful pictures and excellent tips.

I am looking forward to buy your next book.

18. Rachel commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 11:34am

hi holly,

I think your blog is one of the most inspiring ones on my list of faves. I admire that you can do sooo much beauty with your time. I’m starting a new blog, and if you have time, it would so great to know what you think. Thanks… (http://simplysubtle.wordpress.com/2011/06/06/what-i-learned-from-three-years-of-blogging/)
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Best Dressed at 2011 MTV Awards

19. Mel Stringer commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 11:55am

These are SUCH gorgeous images!

20. sharon | the teacup incident commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 2:44pm

So pretty! I’m looking into getting a tripod too to help me with my photography. You look like you don’t need any help :)
    sharon | the teacup incident´s last blog post ..The Teacup Incident Giveaway!

21. Sue commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 5:26pm

I always love your photos and these are really something special. I have been wanting a new camera for a while, what make and model is your new one and can you recommend it?

22. Zsa Zsa commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:38am

Beautiful shots, Holly! Looking forward to more lovely photos. :)

23. Catherine LES VIGNETTES commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 9:16pm

You have so much potential already . When it comes to photography, I am sure in few years you’re going to be amazing at it.
    Your scouting is so precious to all of us. I discover culinographie thanks to you !!
    Catherine LES VIGNETTES´s last blog post ..La vie en Rose

24. Marie commented
    August 24th, 2011 at 11:17pm

Wow this is really happy weekend and you inspire me !
    Im going to take my camera and go take a pictures and spend nice weekend far away from computers !
    Marie´s last blog post ..Summer 2011 nearly finished :(