46th At Grace + Herriott Grace

Hello and happy Monday to all of you in blogland! How is everything? Are you well? I had a very nice weekend, I finished some work around the house and got to watch a few late night films after I finished (the reward for the hard work). I saw this film and this one. I liked them both, though the Meg Ryan one (she looks as gorgeous as ever BTW) was a bit darker than the Sarah Jessica Parker flick but that was oddly my favorite part of the film. Both weren’t the best films, but I still liked them… especially the Meg one. Seems a dark side lurks in all of us. :)

46th At Grace

46th At Grace

46th At Grace

To begin a new week on decor8, I thought I’d share a super inspiring food blog that I came across recently in Canada with foodie Nikole Herriott heading up the 46th At Grace operation and, what I think is just brilliant, is that she runs a small online shop called Herriott Grace where she sells some of her favorite things. I’ve used images from her shop above to highlight what she sells, but please visit her blog for additional gorgeous food photography and recipes. I appreciate her very casual approach to styling, it’s not all fussed to perfection like some food styling can lean but more approachable and her lighting is superb! Nikole is totally rocking my world right now.

Who are some your favorite food bloggers?

What a lovely way to begin our week here together, don’t you agree? With CAKE and sweets and food… Can’t you tell I’m cutting back on sugar!?

(images: nikole herriott)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on June 06, 2011

1. Renata commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:01pm

Ohh lovely, this is a good start for the weekend, i wanna those cake with a big cup of cappuccino!

Kiss

2. Heather commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:03pm

Food blogs? Bakerella of course! It’s truly brilliant what she can do w/ a cake pop! Sorry…you’re cutting back on sugar…maybe not the best time to mention cake pops!
    Heather´s last blog post ..2011 Surtex Sneak Peek

3. decor8 commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:04pm

@Heather – oh no problem, I’m over the “detox” period of cutting it out so I actually feel GREAT now. But I couldn’t even look at a food blog two weeks ago with cake on it. :) xo

4. Martine@martinelouisedesign commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:05pm

oooh I love her styling. Isn’t it great!? This is my first food blog! I’m normally stuck in the interiors / wedding world. Nice change, thanks! mx
    Martine@martinelouisedesign´s last blog post ..Brazilian Leaf House

5. tinajo commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:06pm

Wonderful pics – I´ll jump in there and look at once! :-)

I have only read one food blog regulary and that is The pioneer woman´s, but I may have to add this one! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..My new workspace

6. Mr Yen commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:09pm

I love Nikole’s products and photographs – the food always look so tempting!

7. dervla commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 6:34pm

My favorite is The Wednesday Chef (based in Berlin). i also love Canelle et Vanille for her incredible photography.

8. Haley commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 7:29pm

I’m an artist and food blogger and a big fan of your site. Please check out http://donteatthepaintings.com :)
    Haley´s last blog post ..Grilling Adventures!

9. elisa commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 7:39pm

oh, goodness, how beautiful! i’ll be following her. so hard when you can’t have sugar. stevia, and occasionally xylitol for baking, have saved me! also pomona pectin for jam sweetened with apple juice. sigh. x

10. Giulia commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 7:51pm

I’ve been following Nikole for a while now, I even own one of her cupcake stands! My only downer is that she does not post very often anymore, I think she’s too busy with other stuff – same with Orangette.
    My favourite food bloggers are Wednesday Chef, Tartine Gourmande and my friend Foodie in Berlin…I also like the photos of Sweetapolita.
    Giulia´s last blog post ..One photo a week – 23-52

11. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 8:40pm

haha sure u are cutting back on sugar, by the way i did a fast cleanse based on juices and soups only and OMG felt so much better, it is very hard, but you will feel amazing afterward, more awake and fresh. Love this photo stlyling and would love to eat the cake haha…
    I am off to watch your video!!
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..NEW printed tea light holders

12. Barbara commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 9:49pm

You had me hungry on this!My favourite food blog is Cannelle et Vanille and La Tartine Gourmande. I loved the films you mentioned, Hugh Grant is my hero :) – Barbara
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Amorosa in Art

13. kellie commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 10:04pm

I love those little flags… so cute!!

14. BODIE and FOU commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 10:10pm

I love What Katie Ate http://whatkatieate.blogspot.com/
    Her pictures are amazing

15. hennymats commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 10:57pm

I recently two German ones i love, “Pi mal Butter” and “ohhhhhh mhhhh” gorgeous and great recipes

16. meghan commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 11:16pm

My favorite food blogs are Smitten Kitchen (!!!!!!) http://www.smittenkitchen.com and Shutterbean http://www.shutterbean.com …both are amazing blogs. of course, I love Pioneer woman too, but I find myself mostly going to the two aforementioned blogs. ;)

17. The Sassy Writer commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 12:37am

I simple yet sophisticated take on food and drinks with great pictures!

18. keishua commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 12:43am

gorgeous photographs!
    keishua´s last blog post ..Go Confidently

19. MeAndBoo commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 1:11am

I don’t read many food blogs but one I do like is actually someone I went to highschool with who now lives in Germany – http://www.whatsforlunchhoney.net/

The photos make me huuuungry!

20. Maria @ Scandifoodie commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 1:27am

I love this blog, her style is just amazing!
    Maria @ Scandifoodie´s last blog post ..Jerusalem artichokes with rosemary- lemon and pecans

21. G. commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 4:15am

love nikole’s work! such talent!
    G.´s last blog post ..Rosemary Lamb Popsicles with Mint Gremolata

22. Star Hughes commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 7:11am

Love all of these pictures!!! Beautiful! The food looks delicious!!!

23. Marlene commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 9:45am

Oh wow, I love that blog!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I like What Katie ate, and Whats for Lunch Honey? and…. and…
    Marlene´s last blog post ..Flüssiges Süß vom Sonntag

24. decor8 commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 11:11am

@Hennymats – I lovvveeee Ohhh Mhhh – Steffi is a new friend of mine, I met her a few weeks ago and fell in love with her energy and joy for living.

25. jenny commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 3:23pm

Really nice things, but what’s with the price tag??? A bit too much for my budget !

Some of my favourite food blogs are Cannelle et Vanille and Orangette

26. we love citrus commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 6:48pm

beautiful pictures and those little flags are so sweet :-)
    xo,
    ana

27. hena tayeb commented
    June 7th, 2011 at 9:31pm

Oh so yummy.. and everything is so tiny and cute..
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Road Trip

28. Bai Yang commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 12:19am

Not to forget the fabolous http://www.dessertsforbreakfast.com/ by the always cheerful food photographer, dessert designer and linguist Stephanie! She has a lot of wonderful dessert recipes; a pioneer when it comes to trying new and interesting – and tasty – flavour combinations! Enjoy!

29. Enila commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 1:44pm

i’m so in love! These pics are so amazing!!!
    Enila´s last blog post ..Mon petit goûter

30. Brooke H commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 3:45pm

Such a great blog and such lovely images! I used to do a lot of styling and art direction for Country Living and these really remind me of some of those shoots.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Shes a Sketch Louise

31. rebekka commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 4:16pm

I LOVE Herriot Grace…she’s just amazing. :)

32. Lori commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 2:20am

impeccable photography and styling which tell such a compelling story!
    Lori´s last blog post ..Space &amp Place- Public Art Intervention

33. xine commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 2:54pm

Our Boston-area gem, La Tartine Gourmande, bien sur! ;)

34. Adrian commented
    July 30th, 2011 at 9:39pm

My fave food blogger is the lemon kitchen http://ottawafood.wordpress.com she is funny, some great, simple recipes and reviews.
    I am a bit biased cause I know her, but she is lovely!