Gorgeous Grey + Violet Room Scheme

Elle Decoration Norway recently ran a lovely article highlighting a tactile mood board and an inspired room filled with warm grey, hints of violet and beautiful flowers. Of course, this palette is one that I love too so I had to show it to you. I love the combination of grey and violet with rough, natural elements woven in — I don’t see it in these photos, but I’d love to mix in silvered leathers or linens into this mix. This would be a gorgeous bedroom scheme.

Elle Norway

Elle Norway

Elle Norway

The talented photographer is the one and only Trine Thorsen (a personal favorite whom I follow the work of) and the styling was done by Canadian born stylist Tara Ballantyne currently living in Norway who authors this lovely blog. I orginally spotted this gorgeous spread on the pinboard of Radostinka. Enjoy!

(images: elle decoration)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, uncategorized on June 09, 2011

1. Ege Denne commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 1:16pm

Hi, You are now on my bloglist…. And I`ll be back here for more inspiration.
    Ege Denne´s last blog post ..Eges hjem – kjøkkenet

2. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 1:41pm

love this particular shade of grey..it is gorgeous..have a lovely day, holly..come and soak up the colors of jaipur on my blog when you have a moment..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Jaipur- that palace and those bangles

3. Monica commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 1:51pm

Love the DSW in the grey. The palette is gorgeous!
    Monica´s last blog post ..More of Less

4. Nat@ dear little house commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 1:53pm

I love a good warm, mid grey! Goes so nicely with reclaimed timber and natural fibres. Grey is such an underrated colour because people think it’s depressing, but a good warm grey can actually be really soothing and calming.
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..Adorable Japanese dip glazed bowls

5. The Paper Mulberry commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 1:54pm

What a divine colour palette! As you say a perfect scheme for a bedroom, I also love the honeyed tones of the wood, just lovely!
    The Paper Mulberry´s last blog post ..Romantic French Fabrics – Gorgeous Greys

6. cafenoHut commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 2:00pm

truly gorgeous grey especially with salmon color…
    cafenoHut´s last blog post ..Gıcığım da gıcığım

7. ChristinaInAustralia commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 2:36pm

I didn’t know these Eames chairs came in grey. Very stylish, though the room needs a good stack of books and a cat with a red collar.

8. emily commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 2:42pm

Love the grey. Am about to paint my kitchen floor a similar color!
    emily´s last blog post ..Deep Dish Raspberry Cornmeal Pudding Cake &amp Too Darn Hot

9. Jenny commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 4:04pm

I really like the use of the grey.
    Jenny´s last blog post ..Project House

10. Amy - pride of place commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 5:17pm

I love how warm grey can be with these accents, absolutely beautiful.
    Amy – pride of place´s last blog post ..Boxes for the budget concious

11. Lauren commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 5:36pm

Yes, please!

I am such a fan of grey, it is my go-to color for painting projects because it looks so good with many other colors!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Neontastic

12. meagan commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:03pm

absolutely positively adore grey!
    meagan
    meagan´s last blog post ..Royal Blue

13. Julie khuu commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 7:37pm

Modern rustic at it’s finest! Love the mix of old world natural wood with steely grays and metals…beautiful photography!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!
    Julie khuu´s last blog post ..Crimson Tide

14. Star Hughes commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 2:22am

I LOVE these grays. It’s definitely my favorite decorating color right now. So pretty and clean! And relaxing too!

15. Ea commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 4:20am

i like this combination of rustic and modern style. it isn’t exactly shabby chic but closely related to it
    Ea´s last blog post ..Social Love2

16. Kompromisslos toll. commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 9:57am

Love the combination with the flower theme very much – beautiful! :-)
    Kompromisslos toll.´s last blog post ..Kleine Stoffstücke…

17. tina commented
    June 15th, 2011 at 2:06pm

i am not fan of grey but this is great!