Kari Herer Photography

Oh my Kari Herer’s photography is nice, isn’t it? I am particularly fond of the lovely flowers – but of course – I’ve been on a flower trip all week! It’s all I can think of lately, though I’m sure it has to do with the season and how the flower shops here are packed to the gills with my favorite flower, the peony. Everywhere I go, they are bursting from the stalls. It’s an unexpected treat, I had no clue peonies were a big thing in Germany this time of year. I noticed them last year for the first time and wondered if they’re appear again and yes, they have. And they make me so, so happy.

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari Herer Photography

Kari is an American photographer who lives in Portland, Maine and her work has appeared in several major magazines including Martha Stewart, Town and Country, InStyle and more. You may purchase all of these beautiful photographs shown above, along with many more, from Kari’s shop right here.

(images: kari herer)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on June 09, 2011

1. Catherine LES VIGNETTES commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:22pm

wonderful magnolia !
    Catherine LES VIGNETTES´s last blog post ..La vie en Rose

2. tinajo commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:26pm

Oh yes – very beautiful! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..At least one

3. patience commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:32pm

i think the combination of real flower and drawing photographed together is exquisite. i’m curious if she draws the illustrations herself. judging by her etsy shop i’m guessing yes!
    patience´s last blog post ..gastronomical sovereignty

4. Lizet commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:49pm

SO pretty. Love the flowers the most!
    Lizet´s last blog post ..Light Blue Curly Lidded Pot

5. Julie khuu commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 7:01pm

Wow, that first shot is exquisite!! Such a modern take on an old romantic classic!! Picture perfect, I’d love to get a print for my bedroom…so dreamy!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!
    Julie khuu´s last blog post ..Crimson Tide

6. Mareike commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 7:18pm

The photos are very beautiful!
    Mareike´s last blog post ..Ein leckeres selbstgemachtes Eis- ganz ohne Eismaschine

7. sécia commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 8:46pm

Beautiful.

-sécia
    sécia´s last blog post ..List 9- Favorite websites and blogs

8. Eadaoin commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 9:27pm

How funny, I was just admiring Kari’s work last night on Etsy and here she is today on Decor8! Her work is very simple but striking and her colour choices mixed with so much lovely white just look divine :)
    Eadaoin´s last blog post ..The Etsy Alphabet B is for…

9. Barbara commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 12:57am

Kari’s work is definitely stunning!! Oh the joy of discovering talented still life photographers :) Peony is one of my best flowers but it is quite difficult to find them in our shops :(
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Julie de Warequier

10. Stacey commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 1:12am

I’ve long admired her Etsy shop – thanks for featuring her!
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Trying a trend

11. Star Hughes commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 2:20am

Gorgeous work!! I can’t get enough of artwork that incorporates flowers – especially such beautiful flowers as these!

12. keishua commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 3:03am

very beautiful. I love the different textures.
    keishua´s last blog post ..A Mindful Heart- Thoughts on Kindness

13. Ea commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 4:33am

i very much like the combination of illustration and real flowers. :) very creative!
    Ea´s last blog post ..Social Love2

14. Stephanie @ Blawsom commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 7:32am

Oh wow… these photos are beautiful! Such an inspiration… I only hope my photos look that those one day :)

15. Iris commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 9:36am

I am so with you on the peonies. The stores are filled with them here too, in many shades of pink and white. I love how they develop in the vase: from tight bulbs to extravagant blooms. I only recently discovered there are yellow peonies as well, a very cheerful variant. Oh, and Kari’s work is wonderful; especially the flowery antler – whimsical.
    x Iris

16. Kompromisslos toll. commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 9:37am

Kari’s photos are gorgeous. Love their melancholy style very much. They remind me of the fact that these amazing flowers will fade in way too short time – but now they are in full bloom, here to enjoy…
    Kompromisslos toll.´s last blog post ..Kleine Stoffstücke…

17. Fiffiga Systrar commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 10:29am

I just LOVE peonies!!! They are adorable and my absolute favorit flower! I loved the first photo! Super!

Have a nice friday!
    /Elin
    Fiffiga Systrar´s last blog post ..Sommarkök

18. Rose commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 11:05am

OMG – I actually have no other words – these images are totally breathtaking. Particularly that first one with the strong dark blue background.
    Rose´s last blog post ..Q &amp A with the Décor Diva

19. Nat@ dear little house commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 11:55am

Totally gorgeous, she has truly captured the delicate nature of the flowers, and I love they way she has incorporated illustration too.
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..Adorable Japanese dip glazed bowls

20. Lauren commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 6:15pm

Oh, my!!!! Thank you for sharing these lovely photos! Peonies are my favorite as well, so these are right up my alley!

Love them all! :)
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Neontastic

21. kathryn commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 2:13am

i love her work…so original and creative!! very inspiring!

22. Jenny commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 10:11pm

I came across one of these photos about a year ago…lost track of where it was from and have been trying to track it down since! So glad you blogged about this! :)

23. Halina commented
    June 12th, 2011 at 3:25pm

Oh! These are really beautiful. I love peonies by the way. Another week, and our garden will be full of’em!

24. CostumeDiva commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 4:16am

Thanks! Just purchased the magnolia prints. Cant wait to see them in person :-)

25. tina commented