Katie Vernon Art + Illustration

I was so happy when a reader, Amy M., commented today to share the work of her talented friend, Katie Vernon, and her beautiful watercolor illustrations. I am always so touched when someone recommends a friend, it’s so sweet – she didn’t even include a link to her blog or website in the process because she simply wanted me to know about her friend Katie. This speaks volumes about a person, to be willing to do something nice for no reward in return, and I just had to write about Ms. Vernon as a result of Amy’s kindness. Well, that and the fact that her work is stunning and inspirational and well, it will make you feel a bit happier after seeing it. At least that is exactly what it did for me.

Katie Vernon Art + Illustration

Katie Vernon Art + Illustration

Katie creates one of a kind prints and original pieces to artfully preserve floral memories from events such as weddings and birthdays, graduations and launch parties. I think this idea of sketching something vs. freeze drying flowers, which was a big trend ten years ago, is so much more interesting. I can see freeze drying a boutonnière but not an entire bridal arrangement, where would you put it for goodness sake!?

If you love these beautiful drawings above, you can purchase many of them in her shop online called Chipmunk Cheeks.

Thank you again Amy and also to Katie for such inspirational work!

(images: katie vernon)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on June 09, 2011

1. petites et grandes commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:26pm

Really beautiful :) And yes, friends are the best advertisers ;)
    petites et grandes´s last blog post ..Ambiance atelier chez Maisons du Monde

2. brittni: papernstitch commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:30pm

What a sweet story. Love Katie’s work. I am go to head over and bookmark her shop for browsing later. Hope you are having a great week Holly!
    -Brittni
    brittni: papernstitch´s last blog post ..Interior Obsessions – Black and White

3. Nanako commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:35pm

Thank you for this beautiful reminder on the ripple effect of kindness. And for helping me find another favorite shop on etsy!

4. allison commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:44pm

Im loving all the watercolors today!! I especially love watercolor and pencil together! It definitely makes me want to go paint!
    allison´s last blog post ..Best Show on TV

5. Lizet commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 6:48pm

Beautiful! Love her work.
    Lizet´s last blog post ..Light Blue Curly Lidded Pot

6. Laura@JourneyChic commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 7:01pm

What beautiful illustrations! That little hedgehog is killing me with its cuteness. I’ve already checked out her shop and added it to my Etsy favorites!
    Laura@JourneyChic´s last blog post ..Lakeside Dreaming

7. Christa commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 7:32pm

Beautiful! I love the idea of creating watercolors to preserve the flowers. I would much rather have one of these gorgeous artworks instead. My favorite is the one with the three ships.

8. Kenya commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 8:40pm

So beauty, thnks for all creativity!!!

9. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 10:24pm

Such a huge fan of her work….the one of the ships is going straight to the top o’ my wishlist! :) Thanks hun…
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Little things &amp Little moments

10. Brooke H commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 11:26pm

Such lovely work!

About the dried flowers, its also really bad feng shui to have “dead” flowers around. I had a professor once who told me to never have any dried floral arrangements in the home.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Shes a Sketch Louise

11. Pinar commented
    June 9th, 2011 at 11:35pm

really lovely illustrations! thanks for highlighting Katie :)

12. Barbara commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 12:55am

Katie is really talented, I love her illustrations! Thank you for sharing her Etsy shop as well, I am running to take a look there :)
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Julie de Warequier

13. Jess commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 1:03am

That is a wonderful idea – and gorgeously executed, too!
    Jess´s last blog post ..What I Wore – To the Brisbane Etsy CraftParty

14. Star Hughes commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 2:19am

What a cute name – chipmunk cheeks! I love it! And I love her work. Great post!

15. hena tayeb commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 4:15am

Very pretty.. lovely detail
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Road Trip

16. DearSarahBlog commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 4:38am

Love her work! So pretty and thank you for sharing. :)

~Sarah
    DearSarah

17. Ea commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 5:21am

very nice. and that’s very sweet of Amy. :)
    Ea´s last blog post ..Social Love2

18. Nat@ dear little house commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 11:03am

They are beautiful! And you are so right; much, much better than freeze drying.
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..Adorable Japanese dip glazed bowls

19. Katie Vernon commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 12:54pm

Thanks so much for the thoughtful and sweet post! It completely made my day! Thanks Amy for thinking to mention my work… I’m so tickled! Toodles, Katie

20. Afi commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 2:34pm

Cute illustrations, love the line work and gorgeous color combinations that she uses…very delicate. And I agree, it’s so nice to be a good friend :)
    Afi´s last blog post ..Illustration Friday – Shadows

21. meeralee commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 7:00pm

i love katie’s work! thrilled to see her featured here. :]

22. Amy commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 7:59pm

wow! thanks for reading your comment section – I am so glad that you followed up and featured Katie. the collage of images is great!

23. Susan Hazel commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 10:00pm

These are adorable. They would really brighten up a room. I want at least five of them.
    Susan Hazel´s last blog post ..Copy a Chictopia Girl

24. decor8 commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 12:20am

@Amy – I read every single comment! :) Thank YOU for leaving such a great tip!

25. Lotti commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 10:50am

These are so beautiful, I love them
    Lotti´s last blog post ..WIP Wednesday no4