Melissa Jaine Fashion Illustrations

Melissa Jaine is a creative blogger who lives in Australia that I recently discovered thanks to my husband and I fell in love with her blog and the way she snaps stills from music videos highlighting either what she loved about them or inserting the lyrics, laying text on top of images… Such a smart lady she is. We also love all of the same musicians from Sophie Ellis-Bextor to Natasha Bedingfield.But there’s more to love about Melissa…

Melissa Jaine Fashion Illustrations

She also has a thing for airports, as do I… Do you have a thing for airports? I love to arrive extra early for flights and just people watch while sipping on a soy latte. Plus airport energy is amazing. I think the best airport for “energy” is LAX. I really love the vibe there. But back to lovely Melissa. As I was exploring her blog I found out that she draws and I particularly took to liking these fashion illustrations of hers shown both above and below. They hardly look like the result of someone just playing around but they are, and that speaks volumes about her talent. If I played around there would be a blob of something unrecognizable in the center of a piece of paper. When Melissa experiments you get these lovely ladies…

Melissa Jaine Fashion Illustrations

My favorites from her portfolio are above because love the runway style with the simple backgrounds and typed text tape and those great patterned clothes. Totally something I’d love to see in a book or magazine.

Melissa Jaine Fashion Illustrations

This is a newly discovered passion of hers, drawing these ladies, and I feel that she could go really far with them and I hope that she keeps developing her concepts because they are fresh and wonderful. I love the merging of the full view runway-esque drawings with the street scapes in pencil, I’ve not seen that elsewhere and can totally imagine these designs being applied to surfaces and even as illustrations in magazines.

What do you think?

(images: melissa jaine)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on June 10, 2011

1. Ana commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 4:03pm

I love finding inspiration like this on blogs, simply stunning!
    Ana´s last blog post ..The Perfect Fathers Day Breakfast

2. BODIE and FOU commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 5:10pm

Great find Holly! I love the 2nd and 3rd set, actually the more I look it, the more I like the 3rd one and the faces of the girls are warm, smiling… They have a very nice feel-good vibes

Have a fab weekend!

3. Sam Flowers commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 5:46pm

Thanks for the recommendation. She has a great site. I am now Blog Loving it!

4. Julie khuu commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 6:07pm

I think they’re gorgeous!! I could totally see these illustrations in a fashion mag (like those supercute Nordstrom ones)…so whimsical and those eyes!! The lips!!! The hair!!! Love em all…such a creative talent! Thx for putting her on my radar!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!
    Julie khuu´s last blog post ..Crimson Tide

5. Heather commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 6:39pm

These are so creative and lovely! I’m loving the pencil drawn backgrounds!

-Heather
    Heather´s last blog post ..Real Wedding-Max and Molly

6. Liv @ Choosing Beauty commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 7:07pm

This is Melissa just “playing around” ??? Holy smokes! Love ‘em all, but the ones with the faint collaged backgrounds are my faves – so much to swoon over!

7. Julie commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 7:16pm

I love these…and I totally agree with you about airports! It’s the best people watching, and knowing that you’re there early there’s never any worry. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Julie´s last blog post ..Happy Weekend- Friends

8. Angelia commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 8:34pm

It is so great to see fashion illustration, it was becoming a lost form with photography in magazines. So nice to see it all around the web.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Friday Fashion

9. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 9:08pm

lovely illustrations..such a unique style!! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..iPhone image of the week

10. Renee commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 9:19pm

I took an e-course with her – I love, love her style! Very Fab!
    Enjoy your weekend Holly!
    xo
    Renee´s last blog post ..Cha Cha Cha Your Way To A Wonderful Weekend

11. Rita commented
    June 10th, 2011 at 10:57pm

I love the illustrations! Thanks for sharing!
    Rita´s last blog post ..How to make fabric tote bags

12. Melissa Jaine commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 9:00am

Holly – I am completely blown away! I have been a reader of yours for quite some time now and am so thrilled by this, I’m lost for words. When I recover ;), I will email you over the weekend.
    Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments too! It really means a lot.
    mj.
    x
    Melissa Jaine´s last blog post ..nothing sweeter

13. Igor the Fashion Illustrator commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 11:02am

Hey! These are very cute fashion illustrations.
    Igor the Fashion Illustrator´s last blog post ..Retro Fashion Inspiration

14. Barbara commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 3:45pm

Great find!!! The style is unique and the her sense of fashion is amazing. Beautiful.
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Animali Fantastici

15. Kiersten commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 3:55pm

What a good find by the Mister! Love the whole concept..
    Kiersten´s last blog post ..Random Dick Tracy Characters

16. hoganfe handmade originals commented
    June 11th, 2011 at 8:36pm

How fun & creative – I love the motion!
    hoganfe handmade originals´s last blog post ..Sage Green Hydrangea Box In Wool Felt On Wedding White Linen Fabric Organizer Bin Storage Basket Handmade elitett

17. leah commented
    June 12th, 2011 at 2:42am

These are amazing. I love seeing amazing australia talent T.hanks for sharing!

18. Penny Patten commented
    June 12th, 2011 at 4:31am

Melissa is a great find, very fun and creative! I can’t wait to check out her Blog! Great work Melissa!
    Penny Patten´s last blog post ..Interviews with Creatives

19. Glenda Childers commented
    June 12th, 2011 at 6:27am

So whymsical.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..My Summer Favorites

20. Sue commented
    June 12th, 2011 at 1:40pm

Wow! They are absolutely stunning, such movement and beauty.
    Sue´s last blog post ..At last were open

21. Cristina commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 11:54am

oh.. so talented!
    Cristina´s last blog post ..I want to go there – Voglio andare qui

22. Sarah commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 2:25pm

Very interesting and beautiful illustrations…some people are so darn creative! thanks for sharing Holly!! :))