Travel Inspired Toast

I always enjoy a lazy moment exploring the pages of British lifestyle brand Toast. I’m drawn to their casual images that, this season, feel very travel inspired. Must be the spirits of summer casting their magic spell on me, making me want to throw my journal and a map in a bag, slip on pretty sandals, and head for an exotic destination. The most exotic destination on my calendar is Amsterdam next week, ha ha! The three places that I’d love to visit are Australia, Japan and India. I think about them frequently and the design and culture in these places inspires me so much though they are all three so different from the other. Where do you dream of taking an extended holiday?

Toast

Toast

Toast

I imagine I’ll get to these places someday, in addition to Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Poland, Bali, Korea, Scotland… too many to list for me. but for now I enjoy roaming the web for a dose of travel inspiration or some of my favorite catalogs. Toast seems to be inspired by North Africa and of European cafe life, particularly France and Italy, and perhaps a little bit of Greece too. I love the mix of stripes and solids, weaves and leathers, and swoon – shiny metallic linen which is one of the best kinds of linen for dressing up the home in a very subtle way. It’s sumptuous.

(images: toast)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on June 13, 2011

1. currystrumpet commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 4:59pm

Amsterdam next week? Is this for your book? I’d love to know if you’re speaking or promoting the book anywhere :)

2. Rebeccav commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 5:03pm

My dream vacation is in Scotland. I’m loving the different textures of everything you’d take with you.
    Rebeccav´s last blog post ..meet Wendy!

3. Charmaine commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 5:10pm

I love toast too. For such simple clothes they style them really well for their catalogue soo well

4. decor8 commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 5:18pm

@currystrumpet – yes, for the book and a big blogger’s bash my friend Lise and I are throwing at Hotel V on June 25th.

5. Becky D@KingsDownRoad commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 5:25pm

Such lovely images! I’m not familiar with Toast, so I’ve bookmarked to take a good look at everything!!
    Becky D@KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..Lake Fun

6. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 7:06pm

sigh….love Toast so much. Thanks for the reminder to go over and take a look around! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Little things &amp Little moments

7. Jenny commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 8:18pm

Thanks for sharing! I just love Toast. Another of my favorite places for travel inspiration is http://blog.flight001.com/. Endless amounts of great photos!

8. Ada @ New York commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 8:52pm

where first? :) Greece photos me me stop in my tracks, so that may be the #1 next destination inspiration in my book. Hub and I r already considering renewing our vows there.
    Ada @ New York´s last blog post ..Monday’s Make-it … pretty drawer ‘bottoms’

9. Cyndi commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 9:18pm

Thanks for introducing me to a new resource. I’m loving the ikat pillow & gown. Those jammies look so comfy too! I’ll be checking out these pages regularly
    Cyndi´s last blog post ..Decorating on a Dime

10. Sara commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 9:58pm

Gorgeous pictures!! I am so excited to say that I am just LOVING the amazing opportunity my family and I are having this summer to live in Germany (Heidelberg) for 2 months and also visiting Paris, Zurich, and the Swiss Alps! My first time in all of these places, and I am just feeling so fortunate every minut that that I get to explore. Traveling anywhere, near or far, is definitely the best inspiration for me :). Sorry for any typos…getting a weird view on my screen where I can’t see some of what I’m typing.

11. Star Hughes commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 7:20am

Love love love all of these pictures! Such cute style in the first few, and then amazing home accessories too!

Star Hughes´s last blog post ..chocolate dipped marshmallows

12. PamH commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 7:58am

LOVE your blog and everything about it. I can’t wait to check out Toast some more…I had never heard of them!!
    I am dying to know the artsy cursive font you used throughout the pictures!!! It’s ridiculous amounts of cute!!!!
    Pam

13. fenny setiawan commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 9:43am

I really love the collage picture that you put on your post today Holly. It inspired me want to travel with style :)
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..House and new theme blog updated

14. Ula commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 12:57pm

I dream about Tibet, but you should definitely visit my beloved country Poland:) Feel invited : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPeofkW-Pw

15. Hanna Tang commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 5:09pm

I would love to go to Greece, Morroco, South Africa, India, France, Australia,New York and Italy someday. I am inspired by anything stripes, floral prints and kinda african style.

16. laura commented
    June 14th, 2011 at 7:13pm

i agree with you – metallic linen is so lovely. i’ve wanted a blouse made from golden linen for years. (:
    some of my dream destinations? mexico, marocco, vietnam. actually, there are even more countries i’d love to visit, but i’m a bit afraid of the sicknesses and of being robbed…

17. Trysha commented
    June 15th, 2011 at 5:09am

I absolutely love Toast. I enjoy their catalog…they have such lovely photos and the paper feels good in your hands and it smells fantastic.

18. Katie Truelove commented
    June 15th, 2011 at 5:29am

Oooh I LOVE Japan and taught English in Osaka for a year after college– I highly recommend Osaka and Kyoto:)! I would love to go to India or Turkey next…time will tell:) I love these travel-inspired photos!

19. sarathira commented
    June 16th, 2011 at 7:12am

Toast is so dreamy. they are the exact example how fashion can transform your imagination and brings you to virtual places, dont you think? :)

20. Jane commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 2:36pm

Do you want to do a house swap? I’m from Australia. Haha. Germany is at the top of my husband’s list and I am dying to spend some time in Italy! I am going on a trip in a few weeks and very much looking forward to all the new experiences, foods, people and photo opportunities! :)