The Creative Connection: Let’s Connect!

I’m so excited to share the news that I’ll be a keynote speaker alongside Oprah’s own Cristina Ferrare at The Creative Connection in St. Paul, MN on Thursday, September 15th — I’ll be speaking during the welcome dinner to share my story, talk about blogging (the ups and the downs), business, tips on blogging & networking, living a more creative life, taking risks… and of course lots of inspirational ideas for you and your business too. I can’t wait!

I'm Speaking Here...

When I taught blogging and decorating in Morocco last year, Jo Packham, who is the founder of both Where Woman Create and Where Woman Cook magazines, attended my workshop/retreat there and we became good friends. I really bonded with all of my students, I loved teaching an ACE Camp and can’t believe how many others are doing camps now with ACE, it’s awesome. But yes, Ms. Packham has been such an inspiration to me over the past 10 months since we met in person in Morocco. She even came to London to be there during my big book launch party at Liberty. When you connect with someone who has years of experience on you, it’s a great feeling because there is so much for her to learn from me and vice versa. As I get older I’ve come to value connecting with people who are successful in other fields outside of my own as I think there is so much to learn and one can really limit themselves if only socializing with those who do the same things that they do.

I am happy to know Ms. Packham and so when she told me she was planning the second Creative Connection event and that she wanted me to be a keynote speaker (eep!), I accepted immediately – no questions asked! That means that very soon on Thursday, September 15th you can come hear me speak and meet and hang out afterwards with me and all of the other wonderful, creative people at this event because I’m staying at TCC all week. I’ll even be at the book signing cocktail party on Friday night. It promises to be a wonderful, creative journey and week for me in St. Paul and to be speaking alongside Oprah’s friend, well hey — that is quite an honor. The ladies from Blogher are sponsors so they will also be there speaking during another time slot along with tons of teachers and panelists who will be joining TCC to share tips and advice and to motivate YOU!

If you are creative and looking to network, learn, and most of all — to be in an environment where everyone is special and made to feel included and welcomed this THIS IS THE event for you. If you are not creative (well, everyone is but perhaps you’ve not tapped in yet) then this is also the event for you because the more you hang around with those who are it’s a bit like fairy dust — the magic sprinkles around and you can’t help but catch the energy of it all. TCC will be inspiring yet professional and great for all levels of business owners from newbies to pros — and for those who are still experimenting with the “what if” of pursuing your own path. It will also be very diverse and meant for all ages and types of women (and men).

Here are a few of the successful folks out there making it happen who will be there with me to share their knowledge, teach classes and/or speak on panels (click on links below to sign up for their classes/panels):

Heather Bailey, Leslie Shewring, Janine Vangool from UPPERCASE magazine, Leigh Standley from Curly Girl Design, Lilla Rogers, Kelly Rae Roberts, Matthew Mead, Ashley English from Design Sponge, Diane Cu and Todd Porter, Publisher Melanie Falick, Kim Stoegbauer, Julie Cove, Betz White, The ladies behind French General, Tara Gentile, Crafty Chica, Lizzy House… And many more amazing people and topics. What a diverse audience, I love it.

Then there are the Pitch Slam experts, I mean how cool to have a chance to sit with publishers and industry experts with a chance to PITCH YOUR BIG IDEA. Very cool…

Oh and I almost forgot, there is going to be a Marketplace event where you can shop handmade and meet the makers. Weeee!

SO! If you want to join me and all of these wonderful friends at The Creative Connection in St Paul in September then sign up and come out. I can’t wait to meet you!

BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE.

(images: TCC)

Posted by decor8 in events + markets on July 11, 2011

1. Lottie Frank commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 12:29pm

I wish I lived over there – I would be there like a shot!!!!
    Will you be doing any more ACE camps in Morocco – I would love to attend in the future..
    Thanks
    Lucy

2. Ana commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 1:03pm

This is amazing, Congratulations! I wish I could come over.

3. Tricia McKellar commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 1:34pm

Oh wow Holly! Sometimes things happen just when you need them! I’ve been wondering what I might do to get out, meet people, get inspired, inspire others, … I will check this out. Thank you! :)

4. decor8 commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 1:40pm

@Lottie – I don’t think so, but I have my eye on another destination — I’m going to see what happens!!!

5. Sigrid commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 2:04pm

Wow, this sounds great. I am surprised such a great event is actually happening here instead of the coastal cities for a change! :) Darn though, it’s a bit pricey, will have to see about that… Thanks for sharing and congrats on the event.

6. Genevieve Gail commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 3:01pm

Congratulations, Holly! What an honor! That looks like the coolest event, hoping to attend it one day as I’ve heard it’s and awesome experience…

7. nichole commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 3:30pm

So cool, Holly!

8. nicole commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 3:35pm

I’ll be there, Holly, and hope to meet you amongst all the fun. I’m one of the Pitch Slam experts. I’m so looking forward to my second time participating in the event.

I’ve been following you on instagram. Lovely photos!

9. Chiara75 commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 4:24pm

Congratulations! You are fantastic!

10. amber kane commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 4:31pm

Congrats! Sounds like an amazing event, I with that I could come!

11. Jessie commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 4:35pm

I’ll be there! I’m so excited to meet you in person!

12. Jillian commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 4:46pm

Can’t wait! I’m so excited for this event!

13. Laura commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 5:10pm

How wonderful! Congratulations! Now I wish I was going even more!
    ~
    Laura

14. Erica Cooper commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 6:15pm

I will be there… can’t wait! I was thrilled to attend last year’s first Creative Connection…. believe me it isn’t to be missed. :) Worth every penny! I grew not only in my personal creative journey, but my creative business has soared with all of the inspiration and possibilities. Everyone I met was so wonderful… it’s been fun keeping in touch with them. The ONLY downside to this event is trying to figure out what classes to take when they are all so fabulous!
    If you’re attending and would like to meet up… connect with me at erica [at] yourstyleredesigned [dot] com I’d love to meet you!

15. seeking the muse commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 6:57pm

Congrats on being a keynote speaker, Holly! Would love to hear you speak and am looking at my schedule now to see if I’ll be able to attend!

16. Kate commented
    July 11th, 2011 at 11:50pm

Hi Holly, what a fantastic event, congratulations on being invited to be a key speaker. If I lived close by I would definitely come along.In any case, thanks for such an inspiring post proving that dreams do come true x

17. Sharon commented
    July 12th, 2011 at 5:11am

This is going to be a great event. I have to agree with Erica though – it was soooo tough to select classes because there are so many fantastic ones. So looking forward to this!

18. elisa commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 6:28am

congratulations holly. i’ll be far away in england, but i hope to hear all about it. i got to meet jo at your london book launch, she’s wonderful. ashley english will be excellent i’m sure! and leslie – okay, i’m really envious! looks like a great event. x

19. Katie commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 6:39am

Looks like a wonderful event – wish it was a little closer.
    Congratulations!

20. annie commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 7:37am

i wish i could make it to this amazing event, all the panels sounds really cool. i heard about this from janine of uppercase, it sounds like a wonderful event.

21. City Chic - Jamie commented
    July 16th, 2011 at 4:49pm

Can’t wait to see you at this event! My mom and I are ssoooo excited! See you soon!

22. Yvonne commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 10:10pm

Congrats Holly…will like to meet you sometime.Wish I could attend the event, sounds very exciting but I have been invited to the Design Caribbean Show in Santo Domingo also in september, so good luck

23. alicia commented
    July 19th, 2011 at 1:54am

Yay, I’ll be there too as a BlogHer Handmade panelist. Looking forward to hearing your keynote… no pressure ;)

24. Nancy Malay commented
    September 17th, 2011 at 6:45am

Your rock as a keynote speaker, Holly!

Nancy