New Collection From HK Living

You are going to love this home + lifestyle brand from the Netherlands! I wrote about HK Living over the winter since I first found them during a business trip in Hamburg at that time, but they’ve since launched gorgeous new products and offered to give decor8 readers an exclusive first peek – so here you go my friends! Drool like a fool along with me! :)

HK Living

HK Living

HK Living

HK Living

HK Living

HK Living

As you may have noticed, the whole industrial ethnic chic vibe is huge over in my part of the world. My home has touches of this trend as well. How about where you live?

I personally LOVE all of the natural materials combined with gray and black with shots of bright color, ethnic touches, and the overall relaxed vibe. It’s so inspiring, global and attainable. What do you think? See anything that you like from the photos above? What is missing in a collection like this that you’d like to see more of?

(images: Isabella van Reeuwijk for HK Living)

Posted by decor8 in furniture, inspiration, uncategorized on July 13, 2011

1. Tim Belcher commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:11pm

Good morning. Beauty. I love it. The college of flower paintings on the wall, the verticle pieces of wood running up the wall, and the small blasts of color backed by white. And the subtle hints of industrial are great. Thanks for the post!

2. Bec commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:20pm

it’s a pity these interiors have very posed people in them! Otherwise they are lovely.

3. mijk commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:32pm

I am in love!

4. tinajo commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:33pm

I LOOOOVE this – such an awesome mix of it all – not to mention how good looking the home owners are..! :-D

5. Diana commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:33pm

Oh my gosh that art wall is to die for! I am so not a girly girl but there’s something feminine yet bohemian about that wall that I just love. And of course I’m thrilled to see the natural history touches, since natural history art is near and dear to my heart.

6. Wind and Willow Home commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:36pm

I love the over sized pendants, fantastic!

7. Margaux @ SRF Blog commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:37pm

The designs I saw on the pictures above made me realize we are entering the “realm” of reliving the 80′s design aesthetics – whites, flowers and stripes (strong prints) chunky moldings, and mismatched furniture (done with taste of course); and was made current with more modern color palette. Thanks for featuring this, I actually never realized this.

8. Kompromisslos toll. commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:38pm

These photos are sooo beautiful. I love the style of HK Living. Especially the lamp with the turquoise foot is great. And the photo with the collection of flower pictures – even if they are “only” decoration for the products.

9. Julie commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:42pm

The ads are cute…I love the first photo, everything about it!

10. Lace and Tulle commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:45pm

Yes!!! I love this home! Thanks for sharing!

11. Giulia commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:01pm

The light in picture 2 and 5 is my favourite…what a statement and beautiful colour! Also love the glass door cabinet in picture, not too large, not too small…Love it!

12. claire commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:02pm

Really lovely! The lights are the best bit I think – the massive red one is amazing… you’d need very high ceilings though x

13. Shari commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:10pm

Really wonderfully whimsical spaces… I love that blue floor lamp, and the various hearts hanging from the ceiling cove. So pretty!

14. Tanya commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:17pm

I love this look and I’m definitely trying to head this direction in my home. Great inspiration!

15. Ingrid Jansen commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:18pm

This is a home to my heart!

16. sophia commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:20pm

I love the hanging hearts.

17. Karena commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:50pm

Really adore the lighting!!

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena

18. shivangi commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:54pm

the red pendant light in pic 3 is gorgeous!!…loving the ladder accent aswell.
    -shivangi

19. DD commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:54pm

The lighting is inspriational and love the pop of color in the pillows & rug!

20. Cristina commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:55pm

I love that big blue standing lamp, amd those glass carafe ^^

21. Monica commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 4:02pm

I have no idea where I would put it, but I Want that teal floor lamp!

22. Becky D@KingsDownRoad commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 4:34pm

goodness – I love that lamp!!

23. Sito commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 5:00pm

Nice decor, I like it!

24. Carolyn commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 5:24pm

They are so cool, a real eye-catcher. I love the blue one in the corner!

25. decor8 commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 5:26pm

@Margaux – Yes the 80s are back, just done with a quirky stylish sensibility, in the 1980s it was just tacky!

26. decor8 commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 5:28pm

@Bec – They are lifestyle images more than product shots but I agree, I don’t like seeing people either – makes it look too much like IKEA or a big box furniture store ad. I prefer not seeing people in product shots personally.

27. Tanja commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 7:12pm

I want this lamp ….now ;) it’s sooooo nice …greetings tani

28. Lauren commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 7:26pm

I absolutely adore this!

I don’t think anything is really missing. I am loving all of the green glass bottles as well as that bright blue floor lamp…amazing!

29. Elsbeth commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 7:31pm

I love that big leather ball! We use balls like that in the gym, only smaller.. I want this big one! Don’t think I have room for it though.. :-( Have to life in 18m², incl. kitchen ..and too much useless stuff :-P

30. Candi commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 7:41pm

I love the large standing turquoise lamp. I like seeing the people too…their pictures make me imagine myself living there.

31. Mary commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 7:44pm

I would love to just sit in there, enjoy the beautiful setting and listen to the piano!!!

32. Miki commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 8:35pm

I did not know this style had a given name, it is good to know so I don’t have to go “como asi, con cosas asi y asa”. As far as I’ve noticed, it is a growing trend in Mexico, but still not something you see as a whole in local decor stores or most magazines. However is pretty much how I’d love my dream home to be.

33. Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 9:10pm

VERY fun collection! Thanks for the introduction.

34. Kristin johnsen commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 11:05pm

You guys are too young! The 60s are back! The use of natural materials, the big blue green glass bottle, the big funky candlesticks – my mother was decorating with these things, as well as natural branches! I had a big green blue glass bottle of hers for the longest time and about 10 years ago let it go because my husband kept asking what would I do with it- dang! Should have kept it! Thanks for the trip down memory lane – my Mom was cooler than I gave her credit for!

35. Penelope@thirdroomstudio commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 11:23pm

It’s taken me a while to develop a taste for the industrial mixed with the more feminine (erring on the feminine as I do), but it actually works really well, and is represented really well in these photos – I know my husband appreciates everything not being too girly! I think my favourite piece here is the piano stool.

36. Lisa's Creative Home commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 11:32pm

Beautiful! I love the funky floor lamp beside the sofa and the wall art display. Love the colors!

37. Ati commented
    July 13th, 2011 at 11:54pm

WHY have they worked with models? They look so unnatural…

38. Renee commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 12:10am

What a great mix! I love all the white, the fun vintage furnishings and of course, the ethnic touches. Great!!!!

39. Somnia commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 12:59am

All the lamps! I love it!

40. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 1:39am

Just like you, I love all of the natural elements.. honestly, I just love everything here! I’d move in today, ha!

41. Melissa Jaine commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 3:56am

The top picture – one of those flower paintings on its own would have done nothing for me, but a group of them together like that is just stunning, I love it!
    mj.
    x

42. Zsa Zsa commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 7:24am

Ooh the whites and the flowers..love them! You’re right Holly, this “industrial ethnic chic vibe” is drool worthy! :)

43. Lily from Birch + Bird commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 8:53am

Love this style…so easy to live in! Despite the people in the photos, I think they’re great…especially the first one and that amazing wall collage!

44. Rose commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 9:13am

The very first image fascinates me with the mixture of elements in it – pretty florals, recycled wooden table, glass etc- to see it here is to believe that they can actually work together.

45. sandra kemkens commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 9:43am

Hi everyone!
    new items from HK are top! We sell their collection over 2 years and it is becoming an international succes, The boys behind HKliving are really nice guys, with a great expertise and feeling for what is becoming hot. And it is!
    We are starting to upload the new items in our webshop from now on!
    Have a nice week everyone, and Holly your blog is a big inspiration every day, tx for that!

46. Nthabi commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 1:07pm

Lovely combination love the product and the colors are to die for. Love the photos.

47. Sara commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 2:06pm

Love, love, love this!!! I seriously MUST have that turquoise floor lamp. Now, off to check their website to see if they ship to Zurich. I have my first, real, paying decorating client (who is also a friend) who lives there and I am having a hard time figuring out great sources!

Thanks, Holly!!

48. Tori commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 2:49pm

I love the pillows, the floor rug and that lamp is beautiful!!

49. A. commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 5:19pm

I may sound silly… but I like the wooden floor!

50. desiree - Vosgesparis commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 6:03pm

This collection has some really nice things .. but I am distracted by the beautiful wall in that room… I saw a report about that home and the people who live in it and then I see the house in a photo shoot .. kinda funny ;) industrial ethnic chic is a nice term.. I saw someone in a comment on your post calling my home white industrial chic and I loved that term as well ;)

51. cecyj commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 9:06pm

Wow. So unique. I’m lusting over that red light fixture.

52. Esther commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 10:20pm

Just a perfect place!

53. Bunny from Couleur Nature commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 10:34pm

Love it all, but especially the lighting. And the pillows/rugs. . .

54. Lisa commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 10:59pm

I agree that the industrial vibe is really picking up speed. I just went to the Brimfield Antique Show in Brimfield, MA this week and it was all over! It was there the last time I went two years ago, but now it’s out in force. There were some truly fabulous custom pieces coming out. Really creative and cool.

55. Epoch Design commented
    July 14th, 2011 at 11:34pm

Beautiful and colorful! Love those stand up lamps.

56. soraya nulliah commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 8:00am

Holly-this look is so totally me!! I didn’t know there was a formal name for it (industrial ethnic chic!! ) but I have always loved mostly neutrals with strong pops of colors. I would have loved to see some Indian fabrics, maybe a Ganesha statue…but…loving all the woods and realxed vibe. Totally in love!
    I also really loved what you did with your damaged book…making that amazing window display…how super creative!!! -Soraya

57. Vintage by Crystal commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 1:57pm

I love style photo that include people living in the spaces! It’s something I don’t really see often and makes you really see how the objects can work with everyday life, not just for the photo shoot. I love it! :)

58. Erica Cottrill commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 3:42pm

This is no wallflower…

I LOVE the wall collage. The use of a multitude of paintings really works. Very lively and whimsical!

59. vicki commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 7:24pm

Oh, wow, you were’nt kidding when you said we would love it. Such beautiful pieces of furniture, artwork, and textiles. Another gorgeous post by Holly Becker. :0)

60. Latasha commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 9:30pm

Where can i buy the floor lamp?

61. knuffels a la carte commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 10:35pm

I have seen this house in a Dutch magazin as well. It’s beautiful. I love this style. I also love the little hearts on the second photo.

62. janis - pinecone camp commented
    July 15th, 2011 at 11:01pm

Ok, so I now know what I want to do to our living room! Thanks for your help. ;) What a fantastic space. Have a good weekend!

63. Frau Hausen commented
    July 16th, 2011 at 2:35pm

Saw them in Hamburg at the Early Bird, too. Fantastic furniture! I’ m so tired of seeing only Greengate, Lisbeth Dahl and the like. Does anyone know Retailers yet?

64. mikkili.com commented
    July 17th, 2011 at 7:47pm

Beautiful those oversized lamps. Thank you for sharing,

65. wonenmetlef.nl / sandra commented
    July 20th, 2011 at 10:11am

@60 latisha the floor lamp is not available yet, coming up soon….