Inspiration, Objects, uncategorized

New Collection From HK Living

July 13, 2011

You are going to love this home + lifestyle brand from the Netherlands! I wrote about HK Living over the winter since I first found them during a business trip in Hamburg at that time, but they’ve since launched gorgeous new products and offered to give decor8 readers an exclusive first peek – so here you go my friends! Drool like a fool along with me! :)

New Collection From HK Living

New Collection From HK Living

New Collection From HK Living

New Collection From HK Living

New Collection From HK Living

New Collection From HK Living

As you may have noticed, the whole industrial ethnic chic vibe is huge over in my part of the world. My home has touches of this trend as well. How about where you live?

I personally LOVE all of the natural materials combined with gray and black with shots of bright color, ethnic touches, and the overall relaxed vibe. It’s so inspiring, global and attainable. What do you think? See anything that you like from the photos above? What is missing in a collection like this that you’d like to see more of?

(images: Isabella van Reeuwijk for HK Living)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Tim Belcher July 13, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Good morning. Beauty. I love it. The college of flower paintings on the wall, the verticle pieces of wood running up the wall, and the small blasts of color backed by white. And the subtle hints of industrial are great. Thanks for the post!

• Reply Bec July 13, 2011 at 2:20 pm

it’s a pity these interiors have very posed people in them! Otherwise they are lovely.

• Reply decor8 July 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm

@Bec – They are lifestyle images more than product shots but I agree, I don’t like seeing people either – makes it look too much like IKEA or a big box furniture store ad. I prefer not seeing people in product shots personally.

• Reply mijk July 13, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I am in love!

• Reply tinajo July 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I LOOOOVE this – such an awesome mix of it all – not to mention how good looking the home owners are..! :-D

• Reply Diana July 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Oh my gosh that art wall is to die for! I am so not a girly girl but there’s something feminine yet bohemian about that wall that I just love. And of course I’m thrilled to see the natural history touches, since natural history art is near and dear to my heart.

• Reply Wind and Willow Home July 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I love the over sized pendants, fantastic!

• Reply Margaux @ SRF Blog July 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm

The designs I saw on the pictures above made me realize we are entering the “realm” of reliving the 80’s design aesthetics – whites, flowers and stripes (strong prints) chunky moldings, and mismatched furniture (done with taste of course); and was made current with more modern color palette. Thanks for featuring this, I actually never realized this.

• Reply decor8 July 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm

@Margaux – Yes the 80s are back, just done with a quirky stylish sensibility, in the 1980s it was just tacky!

• Reply Kompromisslos toll. July 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm

These photos are sooo beautiful. I love the style of HK Living. Especially the lamp with the turquoise foot is great. And the photo with the collection of flower pictures – even if they are “only” decoration for the products.

• Reply Julie July 13, 2011 at 2:42 pm

The ads are cute…I love the first photo, everything about it!

• Reply Lace and Tulle July 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Yes!!! I love this home! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Giulia July 13, 2011 at 3:01 pm

The light in picture 2 and 5 is my favourite…what a statement and beautiful colour! Also love the glass door cabinet in picture, not too large, not too small…Love it!

• Reply claire July 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Really lovely! The lights are the best bit I think – the massive red one is amazing… you’d need very high ceilings though x

• Reply Shari July 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Really wonderfully whimsical spaces… I love that blue floor lamp, and the various hearts hanging from the ceiling cove. So pretty!

• Reply Tanya July 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I love this look and I’m definitely trying to head this direction in my home. Great inspiration!

• Reply Ingrid Jansen July 13, 2011 at 3:18 pm

This is a home to my heart!

• Reply sophia July 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I love the hanging hearts.

• Reply Karena July 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Really adore the lighting!!

Art by Karena

• Reply shivangi July 13, 2011 at 3:54 pm

the red pendant light in pic 3 is gorgeous!!…loving the ladder accent aswell.

• Reply DD July 13, 2011 at 3:54 pm

The lighting is inspriational and love the pop of color in the pillows & rug!

• Reply Cristina July 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I love that big blue standing lamp, amd those glass carafe ^^

• Reply Monica July 13, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I have no idea where I would put it, but I Want that teal floor lamp!

• Reply Becky D@KingsDownRoad July 13, 2011 at 4:34 pm

goodness – I love that lamp!!

• Reply Sito July 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Nice decor, I like it!

• Reply Carolyn July 13, 2011 at 5:24 pm

They are so cool, a real eye-catcher. I love the blue one in the corner!

• Reply Tanja July 13, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I want this lamp ….now ;) it’s sooooo nice …greetings tani

• Reply Lauren July 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I absolutely adore this!

I don’t think anything is really missing. I am loving all of the green glass bottles as well as that bright blue floor lamp…amazing!

• Reply Elsbeth July 13, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I love that big leather ball! We use balls like that in the gym, only smaller.. I want this big one! Don’t think I have room for it though.. :-( Have to life in 18m², incl. kitchen ..and too much useless stuff :-P

• Reply Candi July 13, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I love the large standing turquoise lamp. I like seeing the people too…their pictures make me imagine myself living there.

• Reply Mary July 13, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I would love to just sit in there, enjoy the beautiful setting and listen to the piano!!!

• Reply Miki July 13, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I did not know this style had a given name, it is good to know so I don’t have to go “como asi, con cosas asi y asa”. As far as I’ve noticed, it is a growing trend in Mexico, but still not something you see as a whole in local decor stores or most magazines. However is pretty much how I’d love my dream home to be.

• Reply Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea July 13, 2011 at 9:10 pm

VERY fun collection! Thanks for the introduction.

• Reply Kristin johnsen July 13, 2011 at 11:05 pm

You guys are too young! The 60s are back! The use of natural materials, the big blue green glass bottle, the big funky candlesticks – my mother was decorating with these things, as well as natural branches! I had a big green blue glass bottle of hers for the longest time and about 10 years ago let it go because my husband kept asking what would I do with it- dang! Should have kept it! Thanks for the trip down memory lane – my Mom was cooler than I gave her credit for!

• Reply Penelope@thirdroomstudio July 13, 2011 at 11:23 pm

It’s taken me a while to develop a taste for the industrial mixed with the more feminine (erring on the feminine as I do), but it actually works really well, and is represented really well in these photos – I know my husband appreciates everything not being too girly! I think my favourite piece here is the piano stool.

• Reply Lisa's Creative Home July 13, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Beautiful! I love the funky floor lamp beside the sofa and the wall art display. Love the colors!

• Reply Ati July 13, 2011 at 11:54 pm

WHY have they worked with models? They look so unnatural…

• Reply Renee July 14, 2011 at 12:10 am

What a great mix! I love all the white, the fun vintage furnishings and of course, the ethnic touches. Great!!!!

• Reply Somnia July 14, 2011 at 12:59 am

All the lamps! I love it!

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover July 14, 2011 at 1:39 am

Just like you, I love all of the natural elements.. honestly, I just love everything here! I’d move in today, ha!

• Reply Melissa Jaine July 14, 2011 at 3:56 am

The top picture – one of those flower paintings on its own would have done nothing for me, but a group of them together like that is just stunning, I love it!

• Reply Zsa Zsa July 14, 2011 at 7:24 am

Ooh the whites and the them! You’re right Holly, this “industrial ethnic chic vibe” is drool worthy! :)

• Reply Lily from Birch + Bird July 14, 2011 at 8:53 am

Love this style…so easy to live in! Despite the people in the photos, I think they’re great…especially the first one and that amazing wall collage!

• Reply Rose July 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

The very first image fascinates me with the mixture of elements in it – pretty florals, recycled wooden table, glass etc- to see it here is to believe that they can actually work together.

• Reply sandra kemkens July 14, 2011 at 9:43 am

Hi everyone!
    new items from HK are top! We sell their collection over 2 years and it is becoming an international succes, The boys behind HKliving are really nice guys, with a great expertise and feeling for what is becoming hot. And it is!
    We are starting to upload the new items in our webshop from now on!
    Have a nice week everyone, and Holly your blog is a big inspiration every day, tx for that!

• Reply Nthabi July 14, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Lovely combination love the product and the colors are to die for. Love the photos.

• Reply Sara July 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Love, love, love this!!! I seriously MUST have that turquoise floor lamp. Now, off to check their website to see if they ship to Zurich. I have my first, real, paying decorating client (who is also a friend) who lives there and I am having a hard time figuring out great sources!

Thanks, Holly!!

• Reply Tori July 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I love the pillows, the floor rug and that lamp is beautiful!!

• Reply A. July 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I may sound silly… but I like the wooden floor!

• Reply desiree - Vosgesparis July 14, 2011 at 6:03 pm

This collection has some really nice things .. but I am distracted by the beautiful wall in that room… I saw a report about that home and the people who live in it and then I see the house in a photo shoot .. kinda funny ;) industrial ethnic chic is a nice term.. I saw someone in a comment on your post calling my home white industrial chic and I loved that term as well ;)

• Reply cecyj July 14, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Wow. So unique. I’m lusting over that red light fixture.

• Reply Esther July 14, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Just a perfect place!

• Reply Bunny from Couleur Nature July 14, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Love it all, but especially the lighting. And the pillows/rugs. . .

• Reply Lisa July 14, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I agree that the industrial vibe is really picking up speed. I just went to the Brimfield Antique Show in Brimfield, MA this week and it was all over! It was there the last time I went two years ago, but now it’s out in force. There were some truly fabulous custom pieces coming out. Really creative and cool.

• Reply Epoch Design July 14, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Beautiful and colorful! Love those stand up lamps.

• Reply soraya nulliah July 15, 2011 at 8:00 am

Holly-this look is so totally me!! I didn’t know there was a formal name for it (industrial ethnic chic!! ) but I have always loved mostly neutrals with strong pops of colors. I would have loved to see some Indian fabrics, maybe a Ganesha statue…but…loving all the woods and realxed vibe. Totally in love!
    I also really loved what you did with your damaged book…making that amazing window display…how super creative!!! -Soraya

• Reply Vintage by Crystal July 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love style photo that include people living in the spaces! It’s something I don’t really see often and makes you really see how the objects can work with everyday life, not just for the photo shoot. I love it! :)

• Reply Erica Cottrill July 15, 2011 at 3:42 pm

This is no wallflower…

I LOVE the wall collage. The use of a multitude of paintings really works. Very lively and whimsical!

• Reply vicki July 15, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Oh, wow, you were’nt kidding when you said we would love it. Such beautiful pieces of furniture, artwork, and textiles. Another gorgeous post by Holly Becker. :0)

• Reply Latasha July 15, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Where can i buy the floor lamp?

• Reply knuffels a la carte July 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I have seen this house in a Dutch magazin as well. It’s beautiful. I love this style. I also love the little hearts on the second photo.

• Reply janis - pinecone camp July 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Ok, so I now know what I want to do to our living room! Thanks for your help. ;) What a fantastic space. Have a good weekend!

• Reply Frau Hausen July 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Saw them in Hamburg at the Early Bird, too. Fantastic furniture! I’ m so tired of seeing only Greengate, Lisbeth Dahl and the like. Does anyone know Retailers yet?

• Reply July 17, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Beautiful those oversized lamps. Thank you for sharing,

• Reply / sandra July 20, 2011 at 10:11 am

@60 latisha the floor lamp is not available yet, coming up soon….