Daisy Copenhagen

Yes, I have Copenhagen on the brain today. Mostly because my neighbor is there on holiday and she sent me a photo and text from the Royal Cafe (such a tease!), a place she knows I love. I’m even borderline obsessed over it. By the way, have you visited their newish cafe in Tokyo? It’s their second location and rightly placed, Japanese are so much in love with Danish design. Last year when I was there working with Debi Treloar for a week (Copenhagen), we both noticed that every day in the breakfast room in our hotel that their were so many Japanese tourists around us — at least 80% of the crowd. That’s when it really hit us that Japan loves Denmark…

Daisy

But back to my friend sending her text from the Royal Cafe… such a tease! Truth be told, we chat about someday teaming up and opening our own design cafe. I have this whole concept around it that I’ve been developing for ages already… and I still may explore it far into the future but timing is everything right? And the time to run a design cafe, for me at least, is not now. But oh yes, my retail dreams and product ideas are very much alive on the back burner. And now thanks to her, Copenhagen is indeed on the brain so I thought I’d share this Danish fashion and home label called Daisy with you today.

Daisy

Daisy

Daisy

Daisy

The colors are super fresh, bright and energetic (weeee!) and just seeing these spreads give me a burst of joy, plus Harlequin patterns are all the rage and what’s not to adore about that? Daisy carries a small collection of home items that include a blanket, some pillows, a wallpaper collection, boxes for storage and lucite Christmas decorations (those are here – on a separate website). They also have fashion for women and little girls. The patterns are mind blowing…

(images: daisy)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on July 18, 2011

1. Joy Hall commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:31pm

Such inspiration found here… a mini-vacation while sitting in my little studio.

Thank you!

2. ib commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:47pm

Wow. Really like the colours! Makes me instantly happy!

3. ZibaAnne commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:49pm

Oh.. I needed to see this post, it certainly revived me on this monday morning… such beautiful refreshing summer colors.. thanks..!

4. tinajo commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:59pm

Great colors, love them and the patterns! :-)

5. Angelia commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 3:17pm

I love the great pattern mixes. and the unique coor combinations. Great inspiration for my week back on line.

6. Laura Trevey commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 3:28pm

Bright and Bold colors ~ I love it all!!

7. Gitte commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 3:32pm

Hi,

Let me know if there’s anything special you’d like photo’s off in Copenhagen for inspiration or what ever, and I’ll try to go and take it for you :)

/Gitte, Copenhagen

8. Tori commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 4:59pm

These colors are mesmerizing!

9. The Dandelion Chronicles commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 5:16pm

Oh, I love the Royal café as well.. I actually want to paint my apartment in those colours too! So you are not alone with obsessing about the place, ha!

And I always feel so proud when you feature Danish design and brands, so thank you for spreading the knowledge of these amazing bundles of creativity :)

Love from Denmark
    the dandelion chronicles

PS. sounds great with that style café – would be a blast I think! :)

10. Sara commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 5:44pm

Love the brilliant colors and patterns!! Gorgeous!

11. Grace commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 10:11pm

I tend to shy away from bright colors, but these are fantastic. I’m trying to add more vibrant pops to my life. Love that photo of the little girl with the red headdress; so cute!

12. simone commented
    July 19th, 2011 at 4:55pm

Gorgeous Holly! Thanks for sharing! Think I need to get some of those pants. Heading that way now. xo

13. Nathalie-worldly treasury commented
    July 21st, 2011 at 2:52pm

I’ve visited The Royal Cafe 2 months ago and totally lurve it aswell ;) This Danish fashion by Daisy contains such great colours and patterns! Thanks for sharing ;)

14. Laura commented
    July 21st, 2011 at 5:09pm

Have you come across Bungalow Denmark. No not a collection of one storey scandinavian buildings but a fabulous Indian/Danish print fusion on fabric and paper. They use Indian patterns of paisleys, florals, borders and repetition of motifs, combined with modern colours and aesthetics. Different but equally lovely.

15. decor8 commented
    July 21st, 2011 at 6:37pm

@Laura – Yes I’ve blogged them before. ;)

16. hena tayeb commented
    July 22nd, 2011 at 6:27pm

Love the bedding.. so colorful and happy.