I Love Liebe

Hello everyone! Are you in need of a little Monday inspiration? Don’t worry, you can depend on me to get your week started off on the right foot because I’m inspired by so much and am dying to share with you what’s on my radar currently Ready? Okay so first on the agenda this week… let’s talk about love and design. Liebe (lee-ba) may be the German word for love, but Liebe was once a Prime Minister in Denmark back in 1920 and today, Liebe is also the brand of Susan Liebe, owner and founder of this gorgeous storefront in Copenhagen known for interiors items and jewelry, ceramics, Liberty London textiles transformed into pretty cushions, and more.

Liebe

I’m really smitten by Susan’s aesthetic and products; I simply must see her shop. I like Susan’s trained eye for pattern, texture, and color. I find her color palette quite soothing and modern but also very coastal in pale tones of blue, pink, green… So pretty.

Liebe

Liebe

Liebe

My friend Daniella sells Liebe products in her store around the corner from where I live at a shop called Sommerflugl, but for the rest of you try visiting the Liebe online shop to make a purchase. I’m currently liking the Liebe heart earrings – I want to own several pairs in different colors – especially the yellow ones to pair with a yellow-cream blouse that I have with tiny black polka dots on it.

Liebe

Liebe

I’m also inspired by the preview of her work studio (see below) and home in this Japanese magazine with a focus on 19 Scandinavian spaces – so pretty! Susan is a true artist, her style is such a part of her life from the way she decorates to the things that she makes – there is a golden thread that runs through everything she puts her hands on and I love that defined style which is so uniquely her own. Finding your personal style is quite a challenge for many, but so worth it once you do define yours because then their is this lovely cohesive quality that binds together every fiber of your life and it really makes a different in how you approach each day, idea, adventure, goal… I could write a book on this, but it’s a topic in which my passion runs deep.

Liebe

Liebe

Liebe

What do you see that catches your eye in the images above? And by the way, happy Monday everyone! Cheers to a brand new week. :)

Oh and do you like what you see? The Traveling Mama posted a review about her visit to Susan’s shop in Copenhagen with pretty photos, click here to see more.

(images: liebe)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on July 18, 2011

1. Jennifer Seales commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 1:43pm

Wow these are just lovely, the colours are so pretty. The pink lampshade in her home is fab. I love the big long dining table in the last pic too.

2. Far and Away commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 1:49pm

I love the first 2 jars, the beads and ornaments you can make from them and the atelier interior. I also love how simple, yet effective Susans designs are. Thanks for sharing! Happy monday too.

3. Adriana commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 1:58pm

I must say I stayed on this blog page for a while. My eyes wanted to consume all the details, color and beauty. There is such warmth to her work. I would love to swim in her work! That studio is stunning and her home, just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Adriana

4. maria commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:02pm

the room in the last pic made my heart stop for a second! so bright and fun.

5. Becky D@KingsDownRoad commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:30pm

such pretty colors!! the color of the windows in her studio really caught my eye!

6. Juliane commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:36pm

I love Susan Liebe! I didn´t wear any jewellery until I found her shop in Copenhagen a couple of years ago. Since then, her beautiful rings, brooches and earrings have become accessories that I wear every day. I love the modern and feminine style not only of her jewellery, but also of her wonderful interior items. Even my fiancé likes them a lot, and quite a few times it was him who came back home with a Susan Liebe treasure for us…

7. Charlotte commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 2:38pm

I’m a big fan of Susan Liebe, and her work is always on my wish list (and must-stop-by-list when I’m in Copenhagen). Even though there’s been a boom of Danish ceramic artists in the past five years or so, Liebe is still one to stand out. Thank you for sharing the pictures of her lovely home, I don’t believe I’ve seen them before.

8. Hanna Tang commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 3:29pm

Two things attract me the most on those photographs. Because I love colors and prints, I was adored the couch with the colorful sets of pillows. I love to have that when I have my own place someday. Second, I find the long table so quaint and simple. It makes me want to lay stuff on it like use it also for designing things. I find the place so uplifting. Thank you decor8!

9. Marta commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 3:38pm

Can I say that I love everything? :) Because I do!
    Beautiful ceramic shapes and colors.

10. Will commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 8:17pm

LOVING those handmade pendant lights, Holly!

11. cathie commented
    July 19th, 2011 at 12:03am

These photographs are simply glorious. Such a lovely pastel colored esthetic, which makes one want to be there to create!

12. ArticulateArt commented
    July 19th, 2011 at 7:44am

I lover her modern and colourful pottery or ceramic designs! Very chic!

13. shivangi commented
    July 19th, 2011 at 8:24am

beautiful colors!!…loving the jars and the table in the last image.
    -shivangi

14. Brenda commented
    July 19th, 2011 at 10:00pm

These pictures are beautiful.

15. Melissa de la fuente commented
    July 22nd, 2011 at 3:17am

I have missed so very much lovely loveliness over here this week! I am playing catch up and loving every minute of it! Those heart earrings are so sweet, the whole shop is! and I love those faceted beads! Thanks for the introduction darlin! :)
    xo
    Melis

16. hena tayeb commented
    July 22nd, 2011 at 6:30pm

Fantastic. Love the images that include her children. Being a mom and an artist who works from home.. it is so important to see so many more creatives working in their homes and spending time with their kids.

17. Traveling Mama commented
    July 26th, 2011 at 9:41pm

Hi Holly! I’ve been away in Italy and am just catching up with you and Decor8. I was so excited to see Susan and her lovely shop featured here and then how nice of you to share a link to our review! Susan really is an absolute sweetheart and I was just showing my mom her shop yesterday. It’s a must see! Maybe one day we could meet up at the Royal Cafe and have a little shopping trip! I hope you are getting some rest before your tour! Hugs from Copenhagen!