Books + Magazines, Events + Markets

Big News: Decorate Book Tour Details!

August 1, 2011

UPDATE 8/1: All Mood Board demos are full but the meet and greet/signing event with special guests is still open and you can RSVP to anthroevents [at] anthropologie [dot] com for your preferred location below. The second invitation below is for you!

UPDATE 8/1: LA, Boston, San Francisco and New York Mood Board Events are booked but please attend the meet and greet/book signing in those cities according to the second invitation below. You’ll need to still RSVP to anthroevents [at] anthropologie [dot] com but everyone is invited so please come along for a fun event! I won’t be back in these cities for quite a long time so this is our big chance for bloggers and friends to meet up. :)

Hello everyone! It’s August 1st and I’ve been dying to share this amazing news with you for months now ever since I first found out that Anthropologie (insert squeals of delight here) would be hosting the official Decorate Book Tour in the U.S. this month! Yes, this month! PLEASE READ the bullet points below the invitation and mark your calendars because it’s time to meet up!

Big News: Decorate Book Tour Details!

I’ll soon be on the road visiting 6 stores that both Anthropologie and Chronicle Books selected for me and I’m very excited to hang out with all of you and have some fun. I’m flying over alone from Germany and staying in the states for two weeks, which is quite exciting and seems very glamorous – I still can’t believe it – it’s a once-in-a-lifetime event so I’m going to just jump in head first and go for it despite the butterflies that I feel! I’m ready to meet you all and share lots of inspirational ideas and the special people that I have lined up to attend as special guests alongside of me as I hop around. I also must add that I can’t wait to be back home in America, even though I love being abroad there is nothing like being home in the USA!

Here’s the plan… I’ll be kicking things off in Boston on Saturday morning, August 20th, so it’s a special spot to begin the tour for me. From there, I’ll visit Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and New York. In August, I’ll even be at the London Anthropologie store on Kings Road for a special brunch event…that will be on September 25th, more on that in a few weeks but mark your calendars!

PLEASE READ:

* To attend a mood board + book signing event, please email anthroevents [at] anthropologie [dot] com with your name and the store where you plan to attend.

* Mood board events have extremely limited space so there is a chance that lots of you may not be able to attend my 30 minute demonstration but that’s okay… UPDATE 8/1: LA, Boston, San Francisco and New York Mood Board demos are booked but you can still attend the meet and greet/book signing portion of the event in those cities according to the second invitation below. You’ll need to still RSVP to anthroevents [at] anthropologie [dot] com but everyone is invited so please come along for a fun event! I won’t be back in these cities for quite a long time so this is our big chance for bloggers and friends to meet up. :) You should still plan on attending right after the demo wraps up. In fact, if Anthropologie cannot accommodate your request for the mood board event don’t worry, they will add your name to the actual book signing/meet and greet event immediately following which will be a larger crowd, more mingling and when you’ll get to meet me and have your book signed.

* If you are confirmed to attend the mood board event, please bring some items to pin on the board that we plan to use for the demonstration. Bring things that can be pinned (nothing heavy or too large) such as tear sheets from magazines, ribbons, fabric swatches, etc. showing the types of spaces and things that inspire you…. you can put together a little envelope of bits to bring along and together we’ll pin them to the Decorate Mood Board at Anthropologie.

*If a mood board demonstration sells out, I will update this blog post with the cities where it has sold out — BUT you will be put on the official guest list to attend the meet and greet/book signing during the same time frame, immediately following the mood board demo, because then I’ll be able to talk to you, sign your book, introduce you to others, etc.

* Each location I visit will have special surprise guests who contributed to Decorate. I’ll introduce them to everyone during the event so you can meet them – from top interior designers to your favorite bloggers and magazine editors. Bring your business cards, it will be a great networking event, too!

If the mood board events sell out, this invitation below is for you so please print it out and hang on to it – also make sure to RSVP as well!

Big News: Decorate Book Tour Details!

I’m so honored that Anthropologie will host my first ever book tour, I’m so flattered and happy about it but beyond the excitement I have to sign books in their gorgeous stores, I’m so happy that I can finally get a chance to meet all of you in person. I also must thank my publisher, Chronicle Books, for working so hard to plan these events for me and for sponsoring this big book tour for me. I still can’t believe that this is all happening and I’m thrilled. I just found out that Decorate will be re-printed in both the US and UK for the THIRD time and all of this happened because of you, my readers and friends, so please attend one of my events so I can thank you personally for being such a big part of this dream come true in my life.

Remember, please RSVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so you can attend: anthroevents [at] anthropologie [dot] com

(images: anthropologie)

You Might Also Like

35 Comments

• Reply jodi August 1, 2011 at 5:47 pm

eeeee! so exciting!! i will be there for sure!

• Reply Luciane August 1, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Whoa!!!! Fantastic news!!!

Wishing you a great time and how exciting it will be to meet your “fans”! Super!

Have fun!!!

xo

Luciane.

• Reply michelle August 1, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Will be there with bells on (an maybe stripes too )

• Reply Elena Ferrer August 1, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Congrats!!!! I would love you to have Spanish book tour :)

• Reply Christina August 1, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I just RSVP’d for San Francisco. Can’t wait!

Thank you!
    Christina

• Reply stephanie makris August 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm

this looks great! I will hopefully be attending the NYC event, also I recognize this as the lovely hand of jenna mcbride of anthropologie, what a beautiful info graphic! http://cargocollective.com/jennamcbride, cheers!

• Reply Angelia August 1, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I wish there was location closer to my area, it looks like such fun. We don’t even have Anthrolopologie her at all.

• Reply Candi August 1, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Tres Exciting…I hope to see you at the Grove! Congrats!!!

• Reply Raynee August 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Wish you were coming to the Detroit area! Sounds like so much fun! Congrats on the tour!

• Reply vicki August 1, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yay, Holly!!! I’m soooo excited for you!!!!! I really wish you were coming to Seattle, too …. next time. :0) xoxo

• Reply Brooke H August 1, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Can’t wait!

• Reply Lise M August 1, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Hi Holly!

Enjoy your tour! It looks like an amazing trip! Can’t wait to read all the stories afterwards.

XO

• Reply Melissa de la fuente August 1, 2011 at 9:38 pm

It is all just so crazy good! I am so, so happy for you hunnie and can’t wait to attend the NYC event! YAY! Have safe travels and here is to dreams coming true!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Kiana August 1, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Hey! What about Miami?!

• Reply Lilly August 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I wish you were coming to Miami Beach?! For some reason our Anthropologie stores are usually out of the loop with these things:(

• Reply Verena August 1, 2011 at 11:35 pm

How exciting! Congrats!!!
    Hug´s,
    Verena

• Reply Shari August 2, 2011 at 12:55 am

Holly, congratulations! Enjoy every bit of it! I’ll see you in NYC!
    Thank you for all of your beautiful and dear work!
    – Shari

• Reply Robin Zachary August 2, 2011 at 1:38 am

I’m so looking forward to this! Just heard back about getting into NYC. Can’t wait!

• Reply Emmy August 2, 2011 at 2:03 am

So excited to be able to attend in NYC :) Cannot wait!!

• Reply No. 17 August 2, 2011 at 2:57 am

I just RSVP’ed for the LA engagement! Looking forward to meeting you!

• Reply Rhonda August 2, 2011 at 3:33 am

Great news, congratulations! I bought your book a couple weeks ago and love it. I treat myeslf to a few pages every night before bed; love the quotes and mood boards. btw: if your adding cities, please consider Seattle!

• Reply debbie August 2, 2011 at 9:34 am

South Africa is just too far to make it. Bummer

• Reply Rose August 2, 2011 at 9:38 am

I was so fortunate to be able to get a copy of your book here in SA. Congrats on your upcoming book tour. It must be great after all these years and all your hard work, to be harvesting the fruits of your efforts – a big harvest it seems. It is an encouragement to me. Would it be possible to consider a video recording of your Mood Board Presentation at these launch events – to post onto You Tube, for those of us who live further abroad?? It is the one thing that I would so like to hear you present and take note of. congrats again.

• Reply peter August 2, 2011 at 9:43 am

this looks great! I will hopefully be attending the NYC event, also I recognize this as the lovely hand of jenna mcbride of anthropologie, what a beautiful info info graphic! cheers!

• Reply winter August 2, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Looks wonderful! So I wasn’t able to get a space in your Boston Mood Board Demo, just a thought, and chance you will be filiming/photoing for an online demo? That would also be a fun webinr during the winter months. Anyhow travel safe, and have a great time!

• Reply decor8 August 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm

@Winter – Please plan to come anyway – just arrive at 11:00 am so you can see the mood board and hang out with me – most of my guests will arrive between 10:30-11:30 and we’ll be there until 12:30. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to photograph it and I don’t have plans to have anyone there taking photos/video so most likely not.

• Reply Stacey @ Here's to Life August 2, 2011 at 7:43 pm

How exciting!! Hope a Denver store gets to host you in the future! Safe Travels!

• Reply Sarah August 3, 2011 at 3:10 am

I wish you were coming to Vancouver! I bought the book as soon as it came to Anthro, it’s my favorite home design book. Congrats on such an amazing accomplishment.

xo

• Reply decor8 August 3, 2011 at 11:42 pm

@Sarah – Thank you so much! I will visit Vancouver someday, I’m sure of it!

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee August 4, 2011 at 3:16 am

Can’t wait to meet you in SF!

xo,
    cristin

• Reply Amanda August 9, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I almost missed this announcement. I’m excited to meet you @ the Grove in LA.

• Reply decor8 August 9, 2011 at 10:55 pm

@Amanda – Make sure you introduce yourself – I’d love to meet you!

• Reply Tracey August 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Wow, what exciting news!! Way to go!

• Reply LIZ September 1, 2011 at 1:16 am

I still can´t believe it, I’m from Central America and I`ve just discovered your blog. I was at BOS the same date you were there, if I would’ve know it before, I’m sure I would’ve visited you at Boylston St. and definitely bought your book. Well, maybe next time.

• Reply Marie September 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Hi holly,
    I bought your book this week end, and was so happy to finally find it.
    I think it is going to keep me busy for quite a long time, it is soooo inspiring :-)
    I was wondering if your book tour could come to Paris. There are several english/american bookstores here, though no anthropology, and I would love to have my book signed and attend one of your moodboards meetings.
    Hope you’ll be coming !