Enjoy Your Weekend!

Hello friends! I have a Paris shop tour coming up for you but since it will take me a few hours to work through all of the images, I’ve decided to wait until Monday so that I have something prepared for you to look forward to next week! Plus, I’ve had a long week and I’m ready to start my weekend! It’s after 7:00 p.m. now and all I want to do is prepare dinner and go to the local music festival to enjoy the night air, good tunes and some twinkle lights…

Have a nice weekend!

I can’t believe that in exactly two weeks from now I’ll be in Boston – I’m so excited to be flying back home for this (are you coming?)  I have a lot to do to prepare for my 13 day trip abroad to America so I imagine my schedule is about to go from tame to insane but who cares, this kind of thing only happens once in a lifetime so I’m totally going to enjoy the moment and most importantly, meet as many of you stateside as I possibly can!

How about you, what are you up to lately? I hope you happy, feeling inspired and motivated, getting some good work done, enjoying your family life, connecting with your friends and taking in the summer sun. It’s a nice time of year to linger in parks, at the beach, in your backyard… We need a little lingering… some relaxation does us good because it inspires our work. We are better at what we do when we approach it with a willing spirit and positive energy.

See you on Monday!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on August 05, 2011

1. Monica Lee commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 7:43pm

13 days! Whew! That is one big suitcase you are going to have to lug along :)

2. Andréa de Oliveira commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 7:43pm

Ownnnn, you are so CUTE.
    I come here a lot because you make my day better.

LUV you!

3. Bridget commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 8:20pm

How about meeting at the new Flour for lunch on Thursday the 18th? I can show you a great view of Boston from top floor of the building I live in on Mass Ave and Memorial Drive…(an MIT dorm) :)

4. marilyn commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 8:42pm

I hope you have a great time:) have a great weekend. I will be relaxing and maybe go swimming.

5. FancyFunction commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 9:01pm

Have a great weekend! I’m actually going to Paris tomorrow – too bad I’ll miss out on your shop tour post, but I’m sure I’ll find some great ones while strolling in the city. :)

6. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 9:03pm

So true. Lingering is exactly what I need!

7. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 9:10pm

I just got back from Paris.. so all my posts atm are about this beautiful town ;) I had a great time and came back with a camera full of inspirational pictures that have to keep me busy during my vacation!
    And of course I go to the beach because I cannot live without the beach ;)

Enjoy your weekend and I hope to meet up again this year and get some more inspirational pep talk from you xx
    desiree

8. Cattie commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 9:22pm

Beautiful flowers (and I love the little stool too!). I’ll be at the event in Boston (although, sadly, I was too late signing up for the workshop…). See you then! :-)

9. Andreia commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 9:38pm

Coudn’t agree more with you Holly!

Have a wonderful weekend!

10. jeni commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 9:49pm

safe travels over the pond! wish you were coming to Charleston to walk on the beach with me! xx

11. Kim Burks {Paper Lovely} commented
    August 5th, 2011 at 10:04pm

Those flowers are gorgeous! Such beautiful, vibrant colors! And I definitely agree. It’s amazing what a little down time will do for your creativity. A chance for your mind to breathe!

12. Katie commented
    August 6th, 2011 at 2:46am

Beautiful flowers! Hope you have a great time! xo

13. Shanon commented
    August 6th, 2011 at 4:00am

Hi Holly!
    I’m still adjusting to the momma thing. It’s been a good couple days full of lovely walks, his first picnic, and some gorgeous sky that I was lucky enough to capture with my camera. I’m feeling happy and positive, but also feeling like there is never enough time to do a fraction of the things I’d like to do.
    Hope you have a wonderful trip! I don’t comment very much anymore, but I always stop by your blog each day, so I thought this was a good post to say “hi” in. =) xx

14. meenal@maison marigold commented
    August 6th, 2011 at 4:48pm

Beautiful flowers, lovely words and gorgeous tables too!! Have a lovely weekend, holly…xx meenal

15. Lily commented
    August 6th, 2011 at 8:38pm

I hope you had a great time – and did not catch the downpour!

16. Fatou commented
    August 7th, 2011 at 10:56am

Have a great weekend Holly! You always have beautiful inspiring words, and they always come at perfect times :-). I wish you were coming to Portland, OR.

17. callie grayson commented
    August 7th, 2011 at 5:19pm

Yah! this is exciting, just read that you will be in town- Chicago!! I am rsvp’ing today!!
    What a fun tour!!
    xx
    callie

18. Cynthia at Coffee On The Patio commented
    August 7th, 2011 at 5:39pm

Looking forward to seeing your Paris shop post on Monday. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.

Cynthia

19. Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor commented
    August 7th, 2011 at 8:09pm

I don’t blame you one bit, for wanting to call it a week, and start enjoying the weekend. I hope the music was good, and you could just enjoy and relax.

20. ArchLen commented
    August 8th, 2011 at 11:33am

Hope you had a good weekend. I love that – ‘lingering’. You are so right we should do more of it. =-)

21. Marie commented
    August 9th, 2011 at 1:11pm

I SO wish I could attend your mood board event! I considered going to the one in NY but of course it’s already booked. Any chance you’ll be coming to Canada at one point? Please say yes!

22. decor8 commented
    August 9th, 2011 at 3:19pm

@Marie – I may go to Vancouver next year, perhaps – but I live in Germany now so I can’t travel around North America as frequently as I once could. I wish you could come to the NY event – despite it being full if you are coming all the way from Canada I will make sure you get in – you may have to stand for 30 minutes during the presentation – but you should write to them if you are serious and tell them of your travels – they are a really nice company.