uncategorized

Enjoy Your Weekend!

August 5, 2011

Hello friends! I have a Paris shop tour coming up for you but since it will take me a few hours to work through all of the images, I’ve decided to wait until Monday so that I have something prepared for you to look forward to next week! Plus, I’ve had a long week and I’m ready to start my weekend! It’s after 7:00 p.m. now and all I want to do is prepare dinner and go to the local music festival to enjoy the night air, good tunes and some twinkle lights…

Enjoy Your Weekend!

I can’t believe that in exactly two weeks from now I’ll be in Boston – I’m so excited to be flying back home for this (are you coming?)  I have a lot to do to prepare for my 13 day trip abroad to America so I imagine my schedule is about to go from tame to insane but who cares, this kind of thing only happens once in a lifetime so I’m totally going to enjoy the moment and most importantly, meet as many of you stateside as I possibly can!

How about you, what are you up to lately? I hope you happy, feeling inspired and motivated, getting some good work done, enjoying your family life, connecting with your friends and taking in the summer sun. It’s a nice time of year to linger in parks, at the beach, in your backyard… We need a little lingering… some relaxation does us good because it inspires our work. We are better at what we do when we approach it with a willing spirit and positive energy.

See you on Monday!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply Monica Lee August 5, 2011 at 7:43 pm

13 days! Whew! That is one big suitcase you are going to have to lug along :)

• Reply Andréa de Oliveira August 5, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Ownnnn, you are so CUTE.
    I come here a lot because you make my day better.

LUV you!

• Reply Bridget August 5, 2011 at 8:20 pm

How about meeting at the new Flour for lunch on Thursday the 18th? I can show you a great view of Boston from top floor of the building I live in on Mass Ave and Memorial Drive…(an MIT dorm) :)

• Reply marilyn August 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I hope you have a great time:) have a great weekend. I will be relaxing and maybe go swimming.

• Reply FancyFunction August 5, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Have a great weekend! I’m actually going to Paris tomorrow – too bad I’ll miss out on your shop tour post, but I’m sure I’ll find some great ones while strolling in the city. :)

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 5, 2011 at 9:03 pm

So true. Lingering is exactly what I need!

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis August 5, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I just got back from Paris.. so all my posts atm are about this beautiful town ;) I had a great time and came back with a camera full of inspirational pictures that have to keep me busy during my vacation!
    And of course I go to the beach because I cannot live without the beach ;)

Enjoy your weekend and I hope to meet up again this year and get some more inspirational pep talk from you xx
    desiree

• Reply Cattie August 5, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Beautiful flowers (and I love the little stool too!). I’ll be at the event in Boston (although, sadly, I was too late signing up for the workshop…). See you then! :-)

• Reply Andreia August 5, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Coudn’t agree more with you Holly!

Have a wonderful weekend!

• Reply jeni August 5, 2011 at 9:49 pm

safe travels over the pond! wish you were coming to Charleston to walk on the beach with me! xx

• Reply Kim Burks {Paper Lovely} August 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Those flowers are gorgeous! Such beautiful, vibrant colors! And I definitely agree. It’s amazing what a little down time will do for your creativity. A chance for your mind to breathe!

• Reply Katie August 6, 2011 at 2:46 am

Beautiful flowers! Hope you have a great time! xo

• Reply Shanon August 6, 2011 at 4:00 am

Hi Holly!
    I’m still adjusting to the momma thing. It’s been a good couple days full of lovely walks, his first picnic, and some gorgeous sky that I was lucky enough to capture with my camera. I’m feeling happy and positive, but also feeling like there is never enough time to do a fraction of the things I’d like to do.
    Hope you have a wonderful trip! I don’t comment very much anymore, but I always stop by your blog each day, so I thought this was a good post to say “hi” in. =) xx

• Reply meenal@maison marigold August 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Beautiful flowers, lovely words and gorgeous tables too!! Have a lovely weekend, holly…xx meenal

• Reply Lily August 6, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I hope you had a great time – and did not catch the downpour!

• Reply Fatou August 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

Have a great weekend Holly! You always have beautiful inspiring words, and they always come at perfect times :-). I wish you were coming to Portland, OR.

• Reply callie grayson August 7, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Yah! this is exciting, just read that you will be in town- Chicago!! I am rsvp’ing today!!
    What a fun tour!!
    xx
    callie

• Reply Cynthia at Coffee On The Patio August 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Looking forward to seeing your Paris shop post on Monday. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.

Cynthia

• Reply Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor August 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I don’t blame you one bit, for wanting to call it a week, and start enjoying the weekend. I hope the music was good, and you could just enjoy and relax.

• Reply ArchLen August 8, 2011 at 11:33 am

Hope you had a good weekend. I love that – ‘lingering’. You are so right we should do more of it. =-)

• Reply Marie August 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I SO wish I could attend your mood board event! I considered going to the one in NY but of course it’s already booked. Any chance you’ll be coming to Canada at one point? Please say yes!

• Reply decor8 August 9, 2011 at 3:19 pm

@Marie – I may go to Vancouver next year, perhaps – but I live in Germany now so I can’t travel around North America as frequently as I once could. I wish you could come to the NY event – despite it being full if you are coming all the way from Canada I will make sure you get in – you may have to stand for 30 minutes during the presentation – but you should write to them if you are serious and tell them of your travels – they are a really nice company.