MondaysMilk Fabric Shop

Dutch designer and fabric lover Rozalinde Innemee has a webshop called MondaysMilk where she sells beautiful Japanese fabrics alongside others designed in the United States by Eleanor Grosch and Melody Miller. Rozalinde also carries a few pieces from Japanese wooden toy maker Kiko+ who will exhibit at Maison&Objet in Paris this September.

MondaysMilk

MondaysMilk

I particularly love the extensive collection of nani IRO fabrics that she stocks designed by Naomi Ito. I always buy them at the big fabric market that travels around Germany which comes to my city 4x a year (blogged here) so I own some nani IRO prints and have used them to make bags, brooches, garlands and even most recently in a window display that I created in Amsterdam. They are light and breezy – so pretty – and their patterns so soft and painterly.

Watercolor painter and textile designer Naomi Ito has become a big inspiration to me, please visit her website for some inspiration of your own!

(images: mondaysmilk)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on August 10, 2011

1. tinajo commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 2:05pm

That blue fabric could live here any day! :-)

2. Angelia commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 3:19pm

I love the soft, faded, natural look of these prints. Have been a Naomi Ito fan for a while.

3. Shari commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 4:21pm

Truly beautiful prints and colors… love them! I wish I knew how to do more with fabric… I’ve always enjoyed the textures and prints and colors found in fabrics. I don’t have a sewing machine here, and the one I DO have always scrambles the thread on the back! I don’t know anything about fixing tension. Blurgh!

If I had space in this apartment, I’d probably end up collecting fabric swatches, along with seashells and rocks. :-)

4. Mimi commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 4:25pm

beautiful ! thanks for the link, I think I’ll need it coz’ I haven’t painted properly my wall with my grey-soot brand new color ! :o( it isn’t consistent ! hard to try DIY !! ;-)

5. el {what you fancy} commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 4:55pm

Wow, they’re beautiful… I love the top four especially, the colours are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :)
    ~el

6. Amanda@doievenlikethis commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 4:56pm

These are all just insanely beautiful. You had me at the first two florals. Thanks for sharing!

7. ania.the.map.cutter commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:30pm

I’m completely in love with nani IRO too… Been collecting inspiration for a while (http://papercuthearts.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/nani-iro-inspired/ & my Pinterest board dedicated to this brand. I just completed a tube circle scarf from the purple Fuwari fabric last weekend (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrzaszcz/6028941239). So whimsical!

8. Rozalinde commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:31pm

Wow Holly, sooo nice! Thanks! -x- Rozalinde

9. Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 5:44pm

So pretty!

The bottom six are my favorite, I love all of the bright colors!

10. Rocio Rincon commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 7:05pm

I love this post! The fabrics are amazing!!! Like you said, these fabrics are great to make bags, window designs, and so many other projects. Thanks for sharing!

Xoxo,

Rocio R.

11. Rebecca commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 7:53pm

These are so lovely and feminine with a vintage feel, one of each please!x

12. Kathy Welsh commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 10:24pm

I love, love, love the fabric pictured, especially the tea cup one, SO cute!!

13. Katie commented
    August 10th, 2011 at 10:40pm

So beautiful, I can’t even pick one, I love them all! xo

14. nathalie commented
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:57am

oh, i am loving this post so much, Naomi Ito’s work is amazing and her site is pure, delicate and uplifting – i feel light and joyous by looking at her watercolours. I understand how she can be such an inspiration, she will be mine too now ! Thank you, Holly :)

15. theaxx commented
    August 11th, 2011 at 3:03pm

uh, looooove her fabrics! perfection…

16. Tiffany commented
    August 11th, 2011 at 10:28pm

I love this fabric. They sell it at PurlSoho in NYC if you want to see/buy it in person! I recently made some great pillows out of the gray teacup one :)