MondaysMilk Fabric Shop

August 10, 2011

Dutch designer and fabric lover Rozalinde Innemee has a webshop called MondaysMilk where she sells beautiful Japanese fabrics alongside others designed in the United States by Eleanor Grosch and Melody Miller. Rozalinde also carries a few pieces from Japanese wooden toy maker Kiko+ who will exhibit at Maison&Objet in Paris this September.

MondaysMilk Fabric Shop

MondaysMilk Fabric Shop

I particularly love the extensive collection of nani IRO fabrics that she stocks designed by Naomi Ito. I always buy them at the big fabric market that travels around Germany which comes to my city 4x a year (blogged here) so I own some nani IRO prints and have used them to make bags, brooches, garlands and even most recently in a window display that I created in Amsterdam. They are light and breezy – so pretty – and their patterns so soft and painterly.

Watercolor painter and textile designer Naomi Ito has become a big inspiration to me, please visit her website for some inspiration of your own!

(images: mondaysmilk)

You Might Also Like

• Reply tinajo August 10, 2011 at 2:05 pm

That blue fabric could live here any day! :-)

• Reply Angelia August 10, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I love the soft, faded, natural look of these prints. Have been a Naomi Ito fan for a while.

• Reply Shari August 10, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Truly beautiful prints and colors… love them! I wish I knew how to do more with fabric… I’ve always enjoyed the textures and prints and colors found in fabrics. I don’t have a sewing machine here, and the one I DO have always scrambles the thread on the back! I don’t know anything about fixing tension. Blurgh!

If I had space in this apartment, I’d probably end up collecting fabric swatches, along with seashells and rocks. :-)

• Reply Mimi August 10, 2011 at 4:25 pm

beautiful ! thanks for the link, I think I’ll need it coz’ I haven’t painted properly my wall with my grey-soot brand new color ! :o( it isn’t consistent ! hard to try DIY !! ;-)

• Reply el {what you fancy} August 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Wow, they’re beautiful… I love the top four especially, the colours are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Amanda@doievenlikethis August 10, 2011 at 4:56 pm

These are all just insanely beautiful. You had me at the first two florals. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply ania.the.map.cutter August 10, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I’m completely in love with nani IRO too… Been collecting inspiration for a while (http://papercuthearts.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/nani-iro-inspired/ & my Pinterest board dedicated to this brand. I just completed a tube circle scarf from the purple Fuwari fabric last weekend (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrzaszcz/6028941239). So whimsical!

• Reply Rozalinde August 10, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Wow Holly, sooo nice! Thanks! -x- Rozalinde

• Reply Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles August 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm

So pretty!

The bottom six are my favorite, I love all of the bright colors!

• Reply Rocio Rincon August 10, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I love this post! The fabrics are amazing!!! Like you said, these fabrics are great to make bags, window designs, and so many other projects. Thanks for sharing!

Rocio R.

• Reply Rebecca August 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm

These are so lovely and feminine with a vintage feel, one of each please!x

• Reply Kathy Welsh August 10, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I love, love, love the fabric pictured, especially the tea cup one, SO cute!!

• Reply Katie August 10, 2011 at 10:40 pm

So beautiful, I can’t even pick one, I love them all! xo

• Reply nathalie August 11, 2011 at 8:57 am

oh, i am loving this post so much, Naomi Ito’s work is amazing and her site is pure, delicate and uplifting – i feel light and joyous by looking at her watercolours. I understand how she can be such an inspiration, she will be mine too now ! Thank you, Holly :)

• Reply theaxx August 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm

uh, looooove her fabrics! perfection…

• Reply Tiffany August 11, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I love this fabric. They sell it at PurlSoho in NYC if you want to see/buy it in person! I recently made some great pillows out of the gray teacup one :)