Inspiration

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

August 12, 2011

I’d not heard of New York photographer Alexandra Grablewski until today which makes me wonder how I could have missed her!? I recognize her photos, some of them at least, but not her name. This makes me almost sad and further inspires me to write this post to shout her name and website out to the world in case you identify her work but never knew of the genius behind the lens either. That would be such a pity…

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Alexandra Grablewski Photography

Ah yes, she is a really good still life and food photographer. Her lighting is positively sublime. I could live in any of these views above. Would you like to take a peek into her portfolio online? You’ll really like it and may do so here. It’s a nice, relaxing way to wrap up a long week. I wonder who styles her photographs? Perhaps she’ll pop in and tell us so I can shout them out, too.

(photos: Alexandra Grablewski)

15 Comments

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Oh wow. Stunning, stunning work!

• Reply Liv August 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm

She works with Paul Lowe often.

• Reply A Merry Mishap August 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Interesting pumpkin light, I love seeing what stylists come up with!
    Beautiful photos!

• Reply April San Pedro August 12, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I love the lighting in her photography… I hope she’ll share her workspace… :)

• Reply samantha August 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I’m currently learning all I can about photography, and these photos are a real inspiration, lovely light.
    What is it a bout balls of string? I love balls of string, don’t know why, maybe is the natural colours and texture, or just that I’m drawn to random things.

• Reply Ali August 12, 2011 at 8:35 pm

She works on all the Sweet Paul photoshoots.

• Reply Chuzai Living August 13, 2011 at 3:09 am

I love her photos. Like you said her lightening is positively sublime. I would like to know who does the styling, too. I thought that she did the styling, but I guess there is another one behind the scene? I like her food photos especially. Someone with magic hands and eyes must be styling. Thanks for introducing her to the world!

• Reply noel hallett August 13, 2011 at 9:59 pm

love those paper butterflies. gorgeous photos

xo noel

• Reply Kat August 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm

These images are just so very me, I shall definitely pop over to her portfolio to see more. I like how much white & light her photography holds.
    Love kat x

• Reply Sarah August 15, 2011 at 4:27 am

Definitely must check these out. You have such an eye for things! Thx!

• Reply Sylwia August 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm

It easy to judge whether the photographer has ‘it’ or doesn’t have ‘it’ just by looking at photos they take
    This one Certainly Has it and it is an absolute visual feast!!!

• Reply alexandra August 15, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Hello!!
    Haha–it took me a few days to catch up but…
    Wow! Thank you so much for the shout out!
    A few of these I styled myself, but yes– I have been really lucky to work with some AMAZING stylists.
    Three that are represented in this grid are
    Paul Lowe, Lynda White and Kim Field.
    I really hope that you guys have a moment to check them out!
    And thanks again–so nice to wake up to a little love!

Alexandra

• Reply Cottage David August 16, 2011 at 9:51 pm

These photo are wonderful! I especially love the ones with furniture. Alexandra even if you did not style all of these yourself, it’s the use of lighting that really makes these Pop!

• Reply Harry Hilders August 19, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Beautiful pictures!

• Reply Lauren Faye August 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

A brilliant source of inspiration for interior design and new themes for the home.. great post!