Thank You Chicago!

I left Chicago this morning and now I’m in San Francisco preparing for my next event but I had to jump on quickly to THANK YOU CHIGAGO for such a warm and enthusiastic welcome to your city! The event was so nice and I loved how cozy everyone was on all of the beautiful sofas and chairs that Anthropologie set up for us munching snacks and listening intently to my presentation – it was such a nice group!

Chicago Decorate Event

The set up, food & drinks, the mood board and “play stuff”, my signing table… everything was done with such care by the staff at Anthropologie. It was so nice to meet everyone and I’m really looking forward the San Francisco event tomorrow night! I want to thank my special guest, Nicole Balch, for speaking at the Chicago event last night and for helping me as I went through my presentation by pinning things on the board as I talked. Nicole is such a nice person, really genuine and intelligent — I am honored that I was able to finally meet her after only knowing her online for all of these years.

Thank you again Chicago for the nice welcome, a special thanks to Anthropologie, and a big hug to everyone who came to get your book signed. I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting so many of you in person. xooxo

(images: nicole balch)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on August 25, 2011

1. michelle commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 10:26am

anthropologie is always so lovely :)

2. Karena commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 2:19pm

How great!! What a fun adventure I adore that Anthropologie just opened right up the street! yay!

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..Ten Thousand Villages

3. Glenda Childers commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 2:22pm

You were fantastic.

Fondly,
    Glenda

4. Shari commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 2:53pm

Congratulations! Everything you’ve been doing, for years and years, has lead to this…it’s not as though this book is the ultimate, though it is marvelous! All that you have created is the ultimate. Well done!

I hope I make it to your NYC event. I’m an ardent reader of your blog, though I don’t often comment!

All the best!
    - Shari

5. Daniela commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 4:26pm

Eu adoro este blog, sou apaixonada. um beijo a todos vocês.

Daniela
    Bahia – Brasil

6. change of scenery commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 6:29pm

Congratulations on the book! I am so exctied to pick up a copy as I think you have one of the most refreshingly eclectic eyes that serve as constant inspiration for my own design adventures. Looking forward to becoming engulfed by the content and hope for continued success on the tour!
    change of scenery´s last blog post ..Putting off the chevron.

7. Evelyn commented
    August 25th, 2011 at 7:06pm

It was awesome meeting you Holly (I was the one with the smelly pizza-dinner), I’m even more excited about the e-course now. Nicole was a great surprise!

I met some awesome decor8 fans and etsy members while standing in line so now my copy of your book is full of business cards as well as your sweet message.

I’m very glad Chicago was a part of your book tour!

8. Seema commented
    August 26th, 2011 at 4:40am

Hi Holly! Thanks so much for the hard work you have done on decor8! I am so happy for you that your book is doing well… it must be very rewarding! Your blog has been a great inspiration to me… I appreciate the great DIY projects you post in particular. Thanks again… and enjoy your book tour!

9. marla commented
    August 26th, 2011 at 3:05pm

Your book sounds amazing! Please let me know if you would like me to help promote it. My readers would LOVE it :)

10. callie grayson commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 6:33pm

Holly,
    It was great meeting you in person at the event and book signing after years of following both your blogs!
    This is such an exciting time for you and was excited to be part of it at the Chicago event!
    xx
    callie
    callie grayson´s last blog post ..Lagging, so sorry

11. Colleen commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 11:26pm

Hi Holly,
    So great to meet you at the event! You did a wonderful job, and I’m even more thrilled now to participate in your e-course. Thanks for making Chicago a stop on your tour!

Best,