New York City Here I Come!

August 30, 2011

Whew! My book tour in the U.S. is coming to a close now and the last stop is New York City and I’m super excited about it! Tonight was the Philly event and it was really nice – I was so glad that I made it up after my flight canceled, train canceled and my glass shower door at my hotel fell off its hinges and trapped me in the shower – LOL – my goodness, right!? Total drama. But I made it to my event! Yay! I want to thank Kate from the Anthropologie Visual Display team at the home office for being my special guest – she did such a nice job presenting. I’ve known her for 5 years so it was great to see her again as well. She is the lady behind one of my favorite blogs called This Love Forever so please visit her blog!

New York City Here I Come!

New York City Here I Come!me posing near a big poster they had made in-store for my event. :)

New York City Here I Come!

Thank you all for coming tonight and on Tuesday night I’ll be in New York City for an event at Anthropologie in Soho. It’s going to be really nice to connect with the New York crowd!!!!

Date: Tuesday, August 30th

Time: 7:30 pm

Address: Anthropologie, 375 W Broadway (Soho)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Julie khuu August 30, 2011 at 5:23 am

So cute!!! This setup is one of my faves…love the lofty feeling…definitely feels more like hanging at your bff’s chic flat than a book signing…

Have a blast in NYC girl! You deserve it!

Peace. Love. LOL

• Reply Karena August 30, 2011 at 6:01 am

Holly I am so very excited for you!! I adore Anthroplogie and cannot wait to see your book!

Come and join my new fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce!

Art by Karena

• Reply Mr. Goodwill Hunting August 30, 2011 at 7:07 am

I am certainly excited to meet you tonight especially after having read your blog for so many years.

Its going to be simply amazing.

Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

• Reply Something Gorgeous August 30, 2011 at 7:31 am

We love reading your blog everyday and hope that sometimes you read ours.

• Reply MoodKids - OrangeFarmhouse - Maike August 30, 2011 at 10:10 am

wow holly you look great! And what an inspiring place to sign your books!
    enjoy your last days over there.
    xo Maike

• Reply Glenda Childers August 30, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Thanks so much for coming, Holly. Safe journeys home and a smooth transition back to Germany.

• Reply Heather Davulcu August 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I so enjoyed meeting you Holly! Thanks for taking the time out of your tour to just chat and hang out-really a treat for me! I loved your talk on mood boards and stayed up way too late engrossed in my new book! Have fun in NYC. Get some rest!

• Reply jodi August 30, 2011 at 3:19 pm

yay! see you tonight!!!

• Reply Shari August 30, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I’m really bummed that I had to work until 8 pm… and I live about an hour’s drive from Philly. That would’ve been awesome to meet you, Holly. I hadn’t counted on getting a job (a good thing, of course!) before your tour in the states. I’m glad you survived your trip! Sounds intense, ha ha!

Congratulations, again, on the success of your book (which we ALL love!!) and all that’s come from your hard work and amazing vision…. you’re so inspiring!!

Hope tonight’s is another fun night of book signing! xox

• Reply michelle August 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Weee! Also, you look completely adorable. I love those yellow flats.

• Reply janis - pine cone camp August 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Shower door feel off? Yikes! Sounds like you’re having a fabulous book tour. have fun tonight! Love the poster for your event.

• Reply Sara August 30, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I was admiring your book at Anthropologie the other day and wondered if there might be any plans for a Toronto-leg of your book tour. We’d love to have you here!

• Reply Dulci Dantas August 30, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Why not Brazil??? Please come! I love your work!

• Reply Clair August 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Holly, thanks to much for making the trek to Philadelphia. The mood board demonstration was really helpful. I tend to pour over ideas on the internet and I don’t know where to begin. Your demonstration helped me realize that I need to start small and make deliberate choices.

I also loved what you said about making a home an expression of yourself and not to show off to others.

Congrats on the book and I hope you enjoy the rest of your tour and have a safe journey home!

• Reply Ada @ New York August 30, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Ohhh my, how did u get out of the shower .. it’s a bit funny and scary at the same time huh :) I’m excited to meet you tonight at the store and to finally get my eyeballs + hands on Decorate book (sold out when I went to order online).

• Reply Kinga August 30, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Glad your tour is goin’ well, despite being trapped in a shower. Yikes! Any chance you’ll come to Canada ;)…best wishes on a safe journey home!

• Reply Leanda August 30, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Sounded like a huge success Holly and so glad the hurricane didn’t stop you :)

• Reply colleen attara August 31, 2011 at 12:28 am

Hi Holly….

Just a note to say it was great fun to meet you at the mood board session and book signing last night in Philly. It was even more fun to have some time to talk after the event.

The entire evening left me completely inspired. You are very genuine and I loved chatting with you.

All the best,

Colleen Attara

• Reply Rachel August 31, 2011 at 10:07 am

Hi Holly,

Hope you’re ok. That shower screen incident sounds really scary. Perhaps the hotel should run a full safety check on all their showers.

• Reply marginamia August 31, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oooh! So close! Wish we could make the drive.

I just did an interview with Nicolette Camille Floral Design on my blog today, and now I’m really wanting to get to Brooklyn to absorb all the good stuff there! I saw her partner featured here, so perhaps you’ll be making a stop by Little Flower School?

Hope you enjoy your time in the greatest city on Earth!

• Reply Christia August 31, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Oh how I love (and miss being able to go to!) the Anthropologie store in Philadelphia! Isn’t it the most gorgeous building? The team does such an incredible job with the visual merchandising as well. They’ve even incorporated public art installments on the outside of the building. Thanks for passing along Kate’s blog – I’ll certainly be a new reader!

• Reply Amanda@doievenlikethis August 31, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Just got back from NYC. Enjoy one of the most amazing places on earth and if you spot the Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream truck, you’ve got to give it a try. It was a new discovery for me (nearish to the Anthro, btw) and it was heaven.

• Reply katie August 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm

hi Holly,
    so sorry i missed the chance to meet you at a book signing…your blog & book have become favorite sources of inspiration for me both in personal adventures at home and professionally as i begin my dream job. thanks so much for all the creative energy you put out there…it is a lifeline on those blah directionless days!
    best of luck & please come back to the States again soon.

• Reply Rachel Johnson August 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Hi Holly! It was fun to meet you last night in NYC and get a copy of Decorate. The book is gorgeous and so detailed. I’m impressed!

• Reply Ericafpc (Erica Cottrill) August 31, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Enjoy! NY (my hometown) is so fun.

• Reply Chuzai Living September 1, 2011 at 2:26 am

I am glad that you made it to your event after all the dramas! I can’t believe you were trapped in a shower because the hinges fell off… Scary! It sounds like your tour has been successful. Congratulations! Kaho

• Reply Camille September 1, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Beautiful colours !

• Reply samantha hahn September 1, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Loved having you here. So wonderful to see you in the flesh. Your book is so beautiful and you should be so proud. Congratulations on finishing up your fantastic tour. Rest for a minute….k?

• Reply Aliza September 1, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I can’t believe I saw this post first on thursday! How’d I miss it!!!

• Reply kate September 2, 2011 at 12:11 am

oh I missed this.Keep shining your a inspiration to us all! :)

• Reply Jo Green September 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Sounds like this would have been a blast. Congrats on all your successes.

• Reply Ella September 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Love reading your blog, hope your tour finishes on a high note.

• Reply Nicole September 2, 2011 at 10:38 pm