Books + Magazines, Events + Markets

Thank you New York City!

September 2, 2011

I love New York! I know, I know… everyone says that but it’s so true. For me though it goes beyond the extraordinary city itself — I think the people make it so special. My final stop was in the big apple on my US Book Tour for Decorate sponsored by Chronicle Books and Anthropologie and it was a m a z i n g. I saw so many dear readers and online friends, it was such a great evening! I have to thank my special guests, Marcia & Paul Zia Priven. I also want to thank Vicente Wolf for stopping by, it was so nice to see him!

Thank you New York City!Barb Blair from Knack Studios

I was flattered beyond words that the event was packed – for an author doing a book signing… that’s the ultimate and especially since I went through so much to be there between canceled flights and trains due to the hurricane. Having a full house was confirmation that my efforts paid off beyond my expectations so THANK YOU New York City for welcoming me with a giant hug and for supporting Decorate.

Thank you New York City!

Top: Grace Kang from Pink Olive / Bottom: Raina Kattelson from A Stylist’s Life.

Thank you New York City!

Top: Melissa de la Fuente from Melissa Loves /  Middle: Kristen Appenbrink from Real Simple / Bottom: Marcia & Paul Zia Priven from Zia Priven Lighting.

Thank you New York City!

Top: Anna Dorfman from Door Sixteen / Bottom: Samantha Hahn of Samantha Hahn Illustration.

Thank you New York City!

Thank you New York City!

I can’t wait to return to NYC in the future to see everyone again!

A special thanks to Michelle Verdugo for planning a special night out after the event at both The Yard followed by Lucky Strike (loved!). Also a big hug to Nichole Robertson, Michelle Ward, Michele Varian, Amy Atlas, Christina Batch-Lee, Elizabeth Bauer (her home is in the book!), Brooke Hagel and the many, many others who were so extra sweet to me and went out of their way to make me feel at home.

WHAT AN AMAZING BOOK TOUR IN THE USA! I’m so happy that I had to chance to be sponsored by Chronicle and Anthropologie to do this – a real dream come true. Meeting everyone in Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, Philly and NYC was an honor. xoxo

BY THE WAY: My white balance was off – my hair is not green, I swear! xo

(images: some are mine, others unsure since so many great people took over my camera and helped me out. Thanks everyone!)

19 Comments

• Reply Brooke H September 2, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Thanks for the shout out Holly. Had a great time and it was fantastic to finally meet you! :)

• Reply Laura Gaskill September 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Wow, Holly – what a whirlwind tour! Even though I LOVED the Boston event, I do wish I could have been there in NYC to meet Melissa in person, too, she is such a dear! :) Oh, and Vicente Wolf I guess, lol. Welcome home! xo Laura

• Reply Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor September 2, 2011 at 9:47 pm

It looks like your stop in NYC was a great success! I loved the photo’s.

• Reply Chantale September 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm

What an amazing book tour Holly! Saving the best for last.. I’ve enjoyed your book tour via here and could only wish I could’ve been at one. It’s also wonderful to see you meet so many of your readers as well ppl from TW. How sweet to see Zia P! Your happiness shines through in these lovely photos. Congrats a successful tour!

• Reply knack September 2, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Thank you my friend! It was so fantastic to meet you, and I am so proud of all you have accomplished. What an inspiration you are, and such an freakin’ fantastic person all around….said it before, but I’m saying it again…love me some of you! xo

• Reply Ellen Crimi-Trent September 3, 2011 at 12:17 am

sounds like a good time- Lucky Strike was an old haunt of mine- spent many nights there in the early 90’s!!!!

• Reply Catherine Bedson September 3, 2011 at 3:31 am

What a fab book tour Holly. Would love to have been at one of these events (live in Australia). I love your book and have found it so inspiring. Congratulations!!!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Yipppeee yahooie! There we are! SO. MUCH. FUN. It was worth it just to wrap my arms around you in a big ole hug! But, then seeing your sweet & beautiful face in person, hearing you talk about what you do SO well and meeting all of the other lovely & fantastic ladies….it was just a beautiful night to remember ( despite me misleading us to SoHo grand for drinks) :) It was my have night in a long time and so, I thank you for making it possible my friend. I have said it a bunch already but, I will say it again….You are an absolute GEM and I adore you! :)
    xoxo
    Melis

• Reply Raina Kattelson September 3, 2011 at 7:34 pm

It was absolutely wonderful to finally meet face to face. The book is fab as are you!!! Thanks for the shout out.
    xo raina

• Reply kathy weller September 3, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Oh my gosh, these pictures are fantastic!! Thanks for sharing them! All of you are beaming and happy and it’s wonderful to see. NYC is such a fabulous place. I miss it every time I think of it. I need to have a standing date with NYC once a season. That is only fair since we (hubby and me) live only in MA- so close! Must get with the program!! LOL!

• Reply Glenda Childers September 4, 2011 at 4:28 am

What a wonderful trip . . . safe journeys home.

• Reply JEN RAMOS September 4, 2011 at 7:11 am

so glad to see you had fun in my hometown!!! It sucks that i couldnt be there, because I was supposed to go more toward end of the year…Oct.
    Anyhow, i love Lucky Strike..such a cool spot :)

nice to see you met Mr good will hunting, he’s so sweet! Cant wait to meet him. oxox!!

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis September 4, 2011 at 10:48 am

Was catching up with your book tour ;)
    Amazing adventure it must have been! You will rememeber this for a very long time :)

• Reply STYLIZIMO September 4, 2011 at 2:08 pm

It has been so fun to have “followed” you on your book tour Holly! I wish I stilled lived in Los Angeles, so I could come to your book signing at the Grove. I love that place btw :)

I’m going to NYC in a few days (Yay!) , and was wondering if you signed some books that are for sale in the Anthropologie store. I would love to buy one more of your lovely book.
    -Nina

• Reply lana @ make a house a home September 4, 2011 at 10:55 pm

i am SO upset i missed this. it’s such bad timing all around! i am in MN right now (when i was supposed to be here when you were here!). i saw the book in anthro today and sent smiles + love! xx, Lana

• Reply TH for Red Bridge Studio September 5, 2011 at 1:31 pm

It was a pleasure to meet you and attend the event. Your zest and passion struck me, and all this in spite of the challenges of making it to the East Coast. Thanks for persevering! It was great to see your process for creating your mood board. I make color and inspiration boards for surface and product design. After hearing you speak, I realized I could benefit from mood boards for personal projects as well. Hearing Paul’s take on inspiration boards for Zia Priven was a bonus. Thanks and hope you come back to NYC.
    -Tyshawn

• Reply Michelle | When I Grow Up Coach September 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Oh, I just loved loved loved seeing you, Holly! Your presentation was super inspiring, and being able to spend some time catching up & talkin’ ’bout bloggin’….it was an amazeballs night!

Come back SOON (aka NOW)! ;)

• Reply City Belle September 14, 2011 at 3:29 am

It was great meeting you! Congrats on your amazing book! It is such an inspiration. Come back to NYC soon!
    Check out my blog post on the event: http://countryboycitybelle.blogspot.com/2011/09/decor8-nyc.html

• Reply pink olive September 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm

hey holly girl… i just saw this post and totally blushing! thanks so much for the shout out :) it was so great to meet you in person! you are truly and inspiration and love all that you do! come back to nyc anytime!!! xoxo grace