Decorating Tips

Fun Idea: Clipboards On The Wall

September 6, 2011

Isn’t this a fun idea? I’ve seen clipboards-as-art and storage before but in this setting, it really speaks to me.

Fun Idea: Clipboards On The Wall

Would you try this at home?

You could display:

• Work
  • Monthly calendar
  • Only B/W photos
  • Family photos
  • Art
  • Etsy prints you love
  • Wallpaper the clipboards then clip favorite things to them
  • Favorite fabrics

via A Design for Life via Trendenser.

(image: trendenser)

You Might Also Like

40 Comments

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis September 6, 2011 at 4:45 pm

It is kinda ordered yes.. sweet ;)

• Reply Fresh Design Blog September 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I love it! If I ever get a dedicated craft room, then that would look perfect on the wall.

• Reply Karena September 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Great idea for an inspiration Board(s)!! Office would look very chic. I would use white clipboards!

Come and enter my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce.

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena

• Reply Melissa @ PomelyGrove September 6, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Love this! I have a lot of small fabric projects and this would be perfect for keeping up with the patterns, cut fabric, etc. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply EnchantedHoneyBee September 6, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I love this! At the dollar store they have 2 clipboards for a $1. :) hmm maybe I’ll do this on my wall!

~ jasmine

• Reply CambriaW September 6, 2011 at 5:02 pm

What a great idea for a cluttered space. I might just have room for something like that. Maybe I could keep my knitted design swatches attached to the clipboards…

• Reply Kristan September 6, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Love love love! I would never have thought of that, but it looks great. You could also get solidly colored (or clear, or all white) clipboards to make the wall look a certain way when there’s nothing on them.

• Reply Sandra DiLeonardo September 6, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Love, love, love this idea!! I’m thinking of even painting my clipboards pink and hanging them in my daughter’s room….for inspirational ideas !!

Thanks for this!,

• Reply Jana @ the Summer House September 6, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I have clip boards up in several rooms. I love the texture and the ability to change things quickly.
    xo Jana

• Reply Amanda@doievenlikethis September 6, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I would love this super-sized to do a giant monthly clipboard calendar (ie. a board for each day) in the style of the painted wall calendar from the movie If Lucy Fell. Would be awesome in an open loft environment.

• Reply samantha September 6, 2011 at 5:44 pm

love the whole look actually, desk, the chair, the clip board idea.

• Reply Leah September 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I think this would be perfect in my husband’s office/”man room”…he has so many old pictures–an old man fishing, a portrait of James Joyce, black and whites of his friends.

It’s GREAT for crafting ideas, but I think it also has that stripped down, utilitarian look that would be attractive in a guy’s eye. Love it! Thanks!

• Reply ana {bluebirdkisses} September 6, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I would definitely try this at home! What a fantastic idea!!! I am putting this on my “to do” list fro this coming weekend. With fall in tow..I’m ready to redecorate and reorganize.

• Reply ana {bluebirdkisses} September 6, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I love this idea!!! It is on my “to do” list for this weekend now. I am feeling the need to redecorate and organize…this is perfect!

• Reply houseofearnest September 6, 2011 at 6:17 pm

yes! I have this in my office and just posted about it last week…I love the amount that are in your inspiration photo, however. It looks very graphic to have so many in an organized grid!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang September 6, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Oh, etsy prints I love! I am in!

• Reply Kate @ change of scenery September 6, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I love, love, love, love, LOVE this idea! I’m in the process of picking out inspiration for my craft room (well, more like nook) and this is definitely going on the top of the pile. It’s a great way to stay organized while keeping all of your unfinished projects top of mind!

• Reply Danette September 6, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I do have that in my home, but not nearly as neat and pretty as this picture!! I have a couple of them and I move them around and change out what is displayed. I have a bunch more but the kids use them for outdoor drawing time and we have extra for their friends. I love this picture you have posted.

• Reply Heather September 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm

love this idea. I’ve been looking for a way to display studio work in a house. Might have to steal this idea. Thank you.
    x

• Reply Ada @ New York September 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I LOVE it and have a similar design with clipboard in my home office. It is sooo easily accessible.

• Reply Hannah September 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

That’s a rather novel idea. Looks great, pretty cheap to put together too I’d imagine.

• Reply Lisa September 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I got clipboard on my wall of my work space. With my favorite clips from season books of Jack Wills.

• Reply Juliette September 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I actually just bought some nice clipboards when I was in the US for this very purpose! =P Now I just need to decide if I’m going to dress them up or not…

• Reply janis - pinecone camp September 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Very cute idea! Maybe I should get organized and get me some clipboards!

• Reply jessica September 7, 2011 at 12:01 am

i love this! i may try this for my photography, for inspiration.

• Reply Whitney September 7, 2011 at 12:31 am

Why yes! I would do this. I’m already collecting thrifted clipboards to hang in my creative space.

• Reply Serena {Pretty Fluffy} September 7, 2011 at 5:05 am

This is awesome! I want to try it at work. Organisation and prettiness combined – my favourite :)

• Reply Kompromisslos toll. September 7, 2011 at 10:38 am

Sounds like a wonderful idea for our workroom. Which needs a new style urgently. I’d love to use it as a kalendar – but I know I wouldn’t do it. I think I’d show photos… Or as a mood board. Thanks for sharing, Holly!

• Reply Hella September 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm

This is a great idea, I relly love the look of it! But I figure you need big walls to create this look, sadly, it wouldn’t work in my appartment with slanted ceilings and short walls …

• Reply decor8 September 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm

@Hella – Maybe you can try using only 3 or 5 in a straight row?

• Reply Shari September 7, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Oooohhhh….. perfect!! I love this idea, Holly!! I want to do this, or something like this, in my crafting studio….. It’s much simpler than other ideas I’ve had floating around in my head… thank you for sharing! I really, really like this.

xox

• Reply Tina Ramchandani September 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Such a simple idea, can’t belive I didn’t think of it! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Rosa September 7, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Yes! I am doing this with acrylic clipboards and using dry erase markers to make lists of things that are important in the home. And for posting things up on as well. Great look.

• Reply Krissy September 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I love clipboards for displaying art! I have a row of 5 of them in my bedroom which I’ve painted with blackboard paint. So I can draw some impromptu art on them when I choose, or I can clip up inspirational images I find as well. Love it. :)

• Reply katia September 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm

:)’m …loving it!<3

• Reply Laura Trevey September 8, 2011 at 2:34 pm

This idea is awesome ~ I may have to try that in my studio ~ thanks!!

• Reply krista October 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I really love this idea and it seems like such a great alternative to the inspiration board. One thing I dislike about art is that it’s so permanent – once it’s up, it’s up and yet this type of art can evolve and change along with your tastes at the time!

• Reply Mina October 2, 2012 at 7:42 pm

This looks awesome! How did you adhere the clipboards to the wall like that?

• Reply decor8 October 4, 2012 at 11:33 am

@Mina: At the top of each clipboard is a looped ribbon glued to the back of the board, centered, and that loop goes around the nail.

• Reply Mikella April 30, 2014 at 10:07 am

What a great idea and so simple to create! Would make a lot of order in my office space…