Designers + Stylists

Burnham Design

September 7, 2011

When I was in Los Angeles, I had the honor of  meeting American interior designer Betsy Burnham of Burnham Design who joined me for the Decorate Mood Board and Signing Event at Anthropologie. I was SO impressed by her – what a genuine, talented and approachable person – I expected to be completely intimidated but I wasn’t at all, she is warm and very, very sweet. Her clients must love working with her.

Burnham Design

Betsy is a rock star in the world of designers, right up there with Kelly Wearstler and Jonathan Adler, so I was honored to have her stand next to me speaking about her passion with all those who came out to The Grove to hear us speak. What a fun event! She spoke along with Leslie Shewring and I about how to use a mood board as a guide to tap into your own personal style. Betsy also briefly mentioned her online “e-decorating” service called Instant Space that she launched several years ago that is still strong and successful. She is the pioneer of e-decorating services and as she walked us through a recent client project that was done virtually and through snail mail with her Texas-based client, you couldn’t help but think that Instant Space is one heck of a value and service in that you get access to Betsy’s mind, finds for your home, and a completely new floor plan in one affordable package. Love it!

Burnham Design

Burnham Design

It was also a pleasure to meet her project manager, Max Humphrey, whom Betsy predicts is the next big thing, “a rising star in the design world”, so we’ll have to wait and see because anyone Betsy endorses has my attention! He was very sweet when we met and I was honored when he approached my table with a stack of books for me to sign. It’s nice to have that nod of approval from so many talented people in the design world, especially from Burnham Design. Thank you Betsy and Max for being at my event in LA and for sharing your time, talent and energy with all of us!

(images: burnham design)

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Katya September 7, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Beautiful! I like

• Reply Annaleena September 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I love this kind of wild style, I would call it rockstar goes elegant ;)
    Thank´s for sharing,

Annaleena xx

• Reply Laure September 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm

That is a beautiful living room design! My sister in law actually taught me about Burnham, and I have to say they’re amazing. The blends between modern and classic are simply perfect… not too “classic-y” nor too modern to the point it’s uncomfortable. These guys are definitely at the top of my list! Simply awesome.

• Reply Punctuation Mark September 7, 2011 at 6:45 pm

i love her style and that she has a great sense of color… love the images! it must have been great to meet each other and exchange some ideas!

• Reply sécia September 7, 2011 at 8:50 pm

That “For Like Ever” art is awesome!

– sécia

• Reply Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~ September 7, 2011 at 8:50 pm

love this mix and feel – SO me!

*kiss kiss*
    Erika

• Reply Ashley September 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm

LOVE the fabric used in the bathroom for the curtains!!

• Reply Meriem September 7, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Lots of inspiring ideas here! Love the union jack chest of drawers

• Reply VisualJill September 7, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Betsy is truly an inspiration. Her colors and mixes are so right-on. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply kathy weller September 8, 2011 at 3:58 am

I really like these rooms, they are so edgy-whimsical!! Totally cool and fun/ny too. :)

• Reply Angelia September 8, 2011 at 4:22 am

Love the orange/red pops of color, in the first rooms.

• Reply Sarah MacMillan September 8, 2011 at 7:00 am

What lovely spaces! Just had a look at more of her work and really liked it. Thanks.

• Reply lost + found September 8, 2011 at 7:21 am

this is soooo gorgeous!! it takes real talent for that much color and pattern to look THAT good. inspiring post!!

• Reply Marie September 8, 2011 at 8:12 am

wasn’t it yesterday we could sign up for your next online course ? im so excited and I need a spot :)

• Reply Rose September 8, 2011 at 10:15 am

As a decorator, I think the offering of the virtual service is amazing and it would not surprise me if this is going to become the means of making our experience and services more accessible to the market – with reduced costs. Well done Betsy for making this service work.

• Reply Laura Trevey September 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm

First of all, I LOVE orange and turquoise ~ and the top photos are amazing! I will check her out more…

• Reply Casey September 8, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I love the green room! I’ve been considering adding a black and white striped rug to my office but kept thinking it would be too busy with all of the other colors/patterns I have going on. Those photos tell me I can totally pull it off! The UJ dresser is incredible as well.

• Reply Nathalie September 21, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I love the black and white contrasts. She puts her colours together really well.