Burnham Design

When I was in Los Angeles, I had the honor of  meeting American interior designer Betsy Burnham of Burnham Design who joined me for the Decorate Mood Board and Signing Event at Anthropologie. I was SO impressed by her – what a genuine, talented and approachable person – I expected to be completely intimidated but I wasn’t at all, she is warm and very, very sweet. Her clients must love working with her.

Burnham Design

Betsy is a rock star in the world of designers, right up there with Kelly Wearstler and Jonathan Adler, so I was honored to have her stand next to me speaking about her passion with all those who came out to The Grove to hear us speak. What a fun event! She spoke along with Leslie Shewring and I about how to use a mood board as a guide to tap into your own personal style. Betsy also briefly mentioned her online “e-decorating” service called Instant Space that she launched several years ago that is still strong and successful. She is the pioneer of e-decorating services and as she walked us through a recent client project that was done virtually and through snail mail with her Texas-based client, you couldn’t help but think that Instant Space is one heck of a value and service in that you get access to Betsy’s mind, finds for your home, and a completely new floor plan in one affordable package. Love it!

Burnham Design

Burnham Design

It was also a pleasure to meet her project manager, Max Humphrey, whom Betsy predicts is the next big thing, “a rising star in the design world”, so we’ll have to wait and see because anyone Betsy endorses has my attention! He was very sweet when we met and I was honored when he approached my table with a stack of books for me to sign. It’s nice to have that nod of approval from so many talented people in the design world, especially from Burnham Design. Thank you Betsy and Max for being at my event in LA and for sharing your time, talent and energy with all of us!

(images: burnham design)

Posted by decor8 in designers on September 07, 2011

1. Katya commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 3:19pm

Beautiful! I like

2. Annaleena commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 3:20pm

I love this kind of wild style, I would call it rockstar goes elegant ;)
    Thank´s for sharing,

Annaleena xx
    Annaleena´s last blog post ..LEATHER BAGS AND MY CONCRETE FLOOR

3. Laure commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 5:40pm

That is a beautiful living room design! My sister in law actually taught me about Burnham, and I have to say they’re amazing. The blends between modern and classic are simply perfect… not too “classic-y” nor too modern to the point it’s uncomfortable. These guys are definitely at the top of my list! Simply awesome.

4. Punctuation Mark commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 6:45pm

i love her style and that she has a great sense of color… love the images! it must have been great to meet each other and exchange some ideas!
    Punctuation Mark´s last blog post ..Style, She Wrote

5. sécia commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 8:50pm

That “For Like Ever” art is awesome!

– sécia
    sécia´s last blog post ..7 things…

6. Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~ commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 8:50pm

love this mix and feel – SO me!

*kiss kiss*
    Erika

Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~´s last blog post ..Wrath of Irene

7. Ashley commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 9:13pm

LOVE the fabric used in the bathroom for the curtains!!
    Ashley´s last blog post ..Lurve-Loave-Luff

8. Meriem commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 11:27pm

Lots of inspiring ideas here! Love the union jack chest of drawers
    Meriem´s last blog post ..Cardboard French Café by Little Play Places……………………

9. VisualJill commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 11:54pm

Betsy is truly an inspiration. Her colors and mixes are so right-on. Thanks for sharing!
    VisualJill´s last blog post ..We’re Seeing Spots!

10. kathy weller commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 3:58am

I really like these rooms, they are so edgy-whimsical!! Totally cool and fun/ny too. :)
    kathy weller´s last blog post ..Print #17/30: Coffee Shop Cats

11. Angelia commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 4:22am

Love the orange/red pops of color, in the first rooms.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday

12. Sarah MacMillan commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 7:00am

What lovely spaces! Just had a look at more of her work and really liked it. Thanks.

13. lost + found commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 7:21am

this is soooo gorgeous!! it takes real talent for that much color and pattern to look THAT good. inspiring post!!
    lost + found´s last blog post ..roadtrip. architecture.

14. Marie commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 8:12am

wasn’t it yesterday we could sign up for your next online course ? im so excited and I need a spot :)
    Marie´s last blog post ..Rastløs

15. Rose commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 10:15am

As a decorator, I think the offering of the virtual service is amazing and it would not surprise me if this is going to become the means of making our experience and services more accessible to the market – with reduced costs. Well done Betsy for making this service work.
    Rose´s last blog post ..Lana of Lanalou Style visits The Tabloid

16. Laura Trevey commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 2:32pm

First of all, I LOVE orange and turquoise ~ and the top photos are amazing! I will check her out more…
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..Fall 2011 Trends : Modern Global

17. Casey commented
    September 8th, 2011 at 7:34pm

I love the green room! I’ve been considering adding a black and white striped rug to my office but kept thinking it would be too busy with all of the other colors/patterns I have going on. Those photos tell me I can totally pull it off! The UJ dresser is incredible as well.
    Casey´s last blog post ..Neon Minis.

18. Nathalie commented
    September 21st, 2011 at 3:44pm

I love the black and white contrasts. She puts her colours together really well.
    Nathalie´s last blog post ..Design concept – Interior Designers