Events + Markets

I’ll See You In St. Paul!

September 13, 2011

Hello everyone! I’ve been packing and preparing and now the time has come… I’m heading back to the US for a week only this time I’ll be in St. Paul, Minnesota for The Creative Connection where I’ll give a keynote and do a signing and I’ll also be working with Anthropologie for another fun event and signing out there, too! If you want to join me at either event, please click here for more information on TCC or click here to learn more about the Decorate Anthropologie event in St. Louis Park, MN just outside of St. Paul. I’ll be in St. Paul this evening – I can’t believe I’m going back to America so soon after my US book tour (I thought) wrapped up! Not quite yet. :)

Ill See You In St. Paul!

I’ll be blogging from the road so stay tuned… I have a 10 hour flight ahead of me so most likely I won’t be back online again until Wednesday. Can’t wait to tell you all about this week – I’m excited to see my friends again and make many new ones.

(image: tiffany kirchner dixon, taken of my materials when I taught last year in morocco.)

• Reply Karena September 13, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I am so thrilled for you!! If you ever want to do a photo shoot in Kansas City, the new Anthropologie is right up the street from me in Leawood!! Love it!

Art by Karena

• Reply Shalini September 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :-) at Anthropologie.
    While in St. Paul if you have some time to kill, Goldstein Museum of Design has an exhibition going on ‘Beyond peacocks and Paisleys’ with textiles from India and its neighboring countries, it would be a worthwhile visit :-)

• Reply Laura September 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I am so bummed I am not able to fly to the Creative Connection conference! I am sure you will have a great time! Safe travels!

• Reply Jillian September 13, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Yay, Holly! So looking forward to it. Can’t wait to meet you and hear your talk on Thursday.

• Reply Nuit September 13, 2011 at 6:51 pm

aww I am going to St Paul in two weeks!!! i will miss your book signing for a few days :( darn it…. good luck Holly!!! x

• Reply {oc cottage} September 13, 2011 at 8:08 pm

You have yourself a blast!!!!!

m ^..^

• Reply Tiffany Kirchner ~ The Fancy Farmgirl September 13, 2011 at 8:18 pm

So sad to be missing you at the Creative Connection this year, have a safe journey and lots of fun!! The photo reminds me of an awesome time :)
    xoxoxox, Tiffany

• Reply Britt September 13, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Have a great trip traveling around! Congratulations on such success with your book and your book tour! Looking forward to more inspiration posts! :)

• Reply matt blogger September 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm

i love read you articles so inspiring, Thanks

• Reply Julie September 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Have a great time…sounds like fun!

• Reply dawn September 13, 2011 at 10:33 pm

just signed up, so see you at anthropologie…very excited to see you in this more intimate setting at a store event!!

until tomorrow :)

• Reply Wedding Prints September 13, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your week. Love the inspirations:)

• Reply Jen Johnson September 13, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I am really looking forward to the Creative Connection and hearing you speak. Have a lovely trip.

• Reply Alex September 14, 2011 at 3:33 am

Hello! I got excited when you said you were coming to Minnesota, and then my heart nearly stopped when I read “St Louis Park” because that’s where I live and it’s my favorite place on earth! Have fun!!!! Let me know if you need any recommendations on anything!

• Reply Minna September 14, 2011 at 10:48 am

Good luck and enjoy your trip! Wish I could attend! Minna :)

• Reply Glenda Childers September 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Welcome back!

• Reply Amber September 15, 2011 at 6:12 am

Congrats on all the book success! Whenever I see it at Athro I think of you!

• Reply April San Pedro September 15, 2011 at 7:58 am

Have a great trip… I’m sure it will be a blast! =)

• Reply Cristina September 15, 2011 at 9:04 am

Have a good trip and make lots of pictures! :-)

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor September 15, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I can’t wait to put my hands on your book!!

• Reply Rocio Rincon September 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Hi Holly, I hope you’ll have lots of fun. Good luck, God bless!

Rocio R.

• Reply Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor September 15, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I hope you had a great flight and everything is going great for you in St. Paul. Have fun!!

• Reply The Illustrator's Wife September 16, 2011 at 5:30 am

You lead such a wonderfully exciting life – I love following along via the blog. And I’m so SO bummed you aren’t coming to an Anthro near me (Charlotte, NC). That would probably have made my year. :)

• Reply Maria September 16, 2011 at 11:33 am

I like yoor blog, very inspiring!

• Reply Gretchen Black September 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Holly, I was such a treat hearing you speak last night at TCCE!!! Your story was beautiful and inspiring to say the least!!! Thank you for sharing, can’t wait to look through your book!

• Reply Jessica Senti September 17, 2011 at 3:28 am

Hey Holly! You did an amazing job at the Welcome Dinner. I know you said you were nervous, but you couldn’t tell at all. You’re a natural! I could have listened to you for hours! :)

• Reply carmelina lounsbury September 18, 2011 at 3:48 am

I just read your beautiful article in Where Women Create…..what an inspirational read you are! You talk of your struggles and fears, it makes me want to keep working at what I do. Nothing comes easy, and its not sheer luck that you are doing what you are today….

I wish I could actually hear you deliver your keynote address….go get ’em tiger!

Ciao Bella!

• Reply pve September 18, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Thank-you for inspiring so many of us. I do hope one day we have the chance to meet one another.
    Travel safely.

• Reply Tricia McKellar September 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Oh Holly! Wish I would have made it to St. Paul! Congrats on speaking to so many folks! I can’t imagine how nervous I would have been :)

• Reply Leslie September 19, 2011 at 1:59 am

I L O V E your blog, thanks for being so fantastic and inspiring!

XO Leslie

• Reply jenny+gra September 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I’m in love with the hand screen-printing tecnique, and the next week end I’ll make a workshop for children in Rome.

• Reply Agee September 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Hi mate
    Love your blog, really inspiring stuff.

Love Agee

• Reply Katie I KCAndCoBlog September 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm

How fun! I wish I could go!

• Reply sarah jane September 21, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Holly, You are gorgeous! Thanks so much for chatting after your keynote, and for sharing your wonderful journey with all of us. I’m still contemplative from what you had to say…especially your definition of “love” vs. “passion”
    Thanks Holly!

• Reply Daniel September 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

Hi, hope you have a safe trip!!! Have a great day!!

• Reply Mendy September 22, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Wish I was going to the Creative Connection conference! have a wonderful time can’t wait for you to get back and till us all about it.

• Reply Kate September 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Hi Holly,
    I have been reading your blog for years and have never been brave enough to comment but when I heard that you were coming to my local Anthropologie (King’s Road, London) I just had to get in touch to tell you how much I am looking forward to meeting you! I already have your decorate book which has been much thumbed whilst working on our home but I will be buying another to give to my best friend who is currently house hunting for her first home.

I have booked a place at your talk on Sunday and really can’t wait! You must be exhausted with all of your travels, but I guess exhilarated to know how many peoples lives you touch with your wonderful blog and now book. Thank you for being so inspirational and I apologise for taking so long to comment…it really wasn’t nearly as scary as I imagined!

• Reply Kate September 22, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Oh no, I knew I’d get it wrong…I typed in my blog address incorrectly! I’ve changed it now. Must do better next time Kate