LONDON: Meet us at Anthropologie on Sunday, September 25th @1pm

Hello everyone! I’ve been a bit missing in action, I know, but next week when I’m back from my travels decor8 will be at full swing again with lots of wonderful things to share. I’ve been busy on my US book tour with Chronicle Books and Anthropologie, gave the keynote at The Creative Connection, and in the early morning I’m flying to London for design week but I’ll be back blogging full-time again on Wednesday, September 28th. I can’t wait – I’ve REALLY missed connecting with you here each day but a completely sponsored book tour is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I couldn’t refuse – plus I got to meet so many of you – yay! BUT it’s not over yet… NEXT UP IS LONDON!

Upcoming LONDON event!

This weekend I’ll be in London at ANTHROPOLOGIE on KINGS ROAD! I’ll be joined by Interior Design extraordinaire Abigail Ahern, Stylist/Photographer Leslie Shewring and Decorate co-author Joanna Copestick for a fun decorating party to talk about mood boards, show how they’re done and of course to meet everyone. Anthropologie is throwing a nice spread for us too with Bloody Marys and snacks, so RSVP if you’d like to join us: rsvp-uk [at] anthropologie [dot] com — it’s from 1:00-3:00 (I have to leave at 3 pm for another event) so please stop by to say hello to Abigail, Leslie, Joanna and I. We’d love to meet you and connect with other creatives, bloggers, etc.

Meet Abigail and I this Sunday in London!

And as you know, Abigail Ahern (shown above in her gorgeous home) is a total rock star in the design world so just having her as part of this event is a total honor and I’m certain you’d love meeting her and hear her advice about decorating, too. Abigail owns a gorgeous shop in London and is the author of a book that I love called A Girl’s Guide to Decorating. The event is completely open to the public, so do stop by – we’ll be starting promptly at 1:00.

See you in London!!!

xo,
Holly

Posted by decor8 in events + markets on September 22, 2011

1. Nicole commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:25pm

Can’t wait!
    Nicole´s last blog post ..On JNSQ: The Wild Side

2. Rebecca commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:42pm

Oh I wish I could come…sounds like its going to be a fab event! Glad the tour has been going well, looking forward to you returning to blogging, ive missed my daily dose of decor8 lovliness! x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..littletree discovers…Little Trees at MissPrint

3. samantha commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:50pm

me too, I wish I could be there, it sounds great, my daughter and I where talking about coming to London for a weekend shopping, but will have to wait until the pennies pile up a little more :)
    samantha´s last blog post ..Another foodie post….

4. Michelle commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:53pm

Very cool, I love London. And I am drooling over her chair!
    Michelle´s last blog post ..Bird topped candle holders

5. The Illustrator's Wife commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 6:08pm

If only I lived in the area! Or could afford an impromptu plane ticket! Have a blast, I’m sure you will!
    The Illustrator’s Wife´s last blog post ..Dreaming in Paper

6. nathalie commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 6:53pm

if only i could be there ! have a fabulous time :)
    nathalie´s last blog post ..la douceur des jours

7. Caroline commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 8:49pm

Hello!

Can someone please tell me what typeface it is of the words
    “HALLMARKS” and “HOME” in the picture?

Thanks!

8. Jennifer Carroll commented
    September 22nd, 2011 at 9:17pm

I wish someone would video these presentations and post them on YouTube! Would be fabulous to see them but sadly the tour is not near my town…. Have a wonderful time in London! It’s my favorite city!!! :-)

9. Britt commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 12:01am

OMG! Wish I was in London! Sound like a fab time. Two rock stars together talking about decorating! Few things sound more fabulous at this point in time!! Have a lovely time! And whoop whoop to your book tour! Good stuff going on!
    Britt´s last blog post ..A Touch of Vintage for the Office

10. Stephanie commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 2:01am

Four of my favourite people in the design world, all in one place, AT THE SAME TIME… pity I’m on the other side of the globe :(

11. Lisa's Creative Designs commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 2:06am

Oh I wish I could! I’m on the other side of the pond unfortunately!
    Lisa’s Creative Designs´s last blog post ..Making A New House A Home ~ Staging To Live

12. Lisa Graham Art commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 6:30am

Oh London! London is so wonderful! Have fun!
    Lisa Graham Art´s last blog post ..Card Printing Success! My Husband Rocks!

13. Eunice commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 11:09am

I like your blog would love to come and meet you but unfortunately I will be at Decorex on sunday

14. Ruth commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 2:37pm

I liked your book very much, although I wonder if on this blog there will be something else than announcements about the book, book tour or topics related to the book in the future… (which is very nice and useful of cause…)? It seems to have been transformed a little bit to a plateform solely destined to promote it, at least in my eyes.
    Greetings, Ruth

15. ana {bluebirdkisses} commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 3:18pm

Wow I really love that chair!

16. Laura Adkin commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 4:25pm

I have RSVP’d. YAY. So excited!! xx

17. Mrs. Châtelaine in Paris commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 6:35pm

So sad not to be in London this weekend!!! I hope you will come to in-stores with Anthropologie comes to Paris! :-)

xox Mrs. Châtelaine in Paris

18. Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor commented
    September 23rd, 2011 at 8:20pm

Have a great time in London. You are doing a fantastic job on tour and like you said that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will be waiting to hear about London and all the excitement.

19. E. McCord commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 12:31am

The book is one of most favorite purchases of the year!!!

20. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 12:44am

Anthropologie + London, sounds perfect!

21. decor8 commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 12:45am

@Ruth – I’m on a book tour at the moment – one of the most exciting adventures of my life – and I’m excited to share it and let everyone know where I’ll be next since many have expressed an interest in meeting me and vice versa — so you’ll have to endure it a bit more until I wrap things up! For now, you are welcome to visit other design blogs and then return in a few weeks when I’m finished. Thank you!

22. Ito Kish commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 5:44am

What a beautiful convex mirror! I have collection of the same in my store KISH.

23. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 9:19am

Have lots of fun tomorrow, I am sure everyone will enjoy it… I still think lots about your (pep) talk ;)
    We have another bloggers meeting today in Amsterdam with the editors of VT wonen magazine and 101 woonideeen ;)

desiree
    desiree – vosgesparis´s last blog post ..We prefer the beauty of chaos over ugly perfection

24. Patricia commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 2:32pm

Now that you are back in Europe, is there a chance you would do a tour in Germany.. like Dusseldorf or Cologne? I’ll love to know! ;)

Patricia.

25. Mimi commented
    September 24th, 2011 at 5:23pm

Sounds like a fabulous event wish I could be there! Love Abigail’s room.
    Mimi´s last blog post ..Top 5 September Flower Arrangements

26. madera y zinc commented
    September 25th, 2011 at 9:59pm

OH……I’m still loving Abigail’s living!!! Colours, furnitures, stylism,…ALL!

27. Ann commented
    September 26th, 2011 at 7:51pm

It’s so nice that you are having such a wonderful time and are able to share your knowledge with so many people in person. I wish I could be there, too. It feels a little strange though, not seeing you here everyday. Know that you are missed!
    Ann´s last blog post ..Ruben Ireland – A Picure A Day

28. Erin commented
    September 26th, 2011 at 10:39pm

I can’t wait to check out that book, The Girl’s Guide to Decorating. Also- I love that couch (even if I can only see part of it)!!!

29. Siobhan commented
    September 27th, 2011 at 12:25am

Holly, I hope you are having a fantastic book tour. If you decide to come to Hamburg on the tour, I would love to meet you. All the best!

30. Phyllis Dobbs commented
    September 27th, 2011 at 5:22pm

Your keynote talk at The Creative Connection was fabulous. I loved hearing how you began your blog and meeting you at the book signing!

31. caroline commented
    September 27th, 2011 at 9:48pm

Hi Holly,
    really loved your talk today at Decorex – very inspiring and full of good ideas and tips. Just started blogging and it is a new world, but think this will be fun!
    Caroline