Events + Markets

LONDON: Meet us at Anthropologie on Sunday, September 25th @1pm

September 22, 2011

Hello everyone! I’ve been a bit missing in action, I know, but next week when I’m back from my travels decor8 will be at full swing again with lots of wonderful things to share. I’ve been busy on my US book tour with Chronicle Books and Anthropologie, gave the keynote at The Creative Connection, and in the early morning I’m flying to London for design week but I’ll be back blogging full-time again on Wednesday, September 28th. I can’t wait – I’ve REALLY missed connecting with you here each day but a completely sponsored book tour is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I couldn’t refuse – plus I got to meet so many of you – yay! BUT it’s not over yet… NEXT UP IS LONDON!

LONDON: Meet us at Anthropologie on Sunday, September 25th @1pm

This weekend I’ll be in London at ANTHROPOLOGIE on KINGS ROAD! I’ll be joined by Interior Design extraordinaire Abigail Ahern, Stylist/Photographer Leslie Shewring and Decorate co-author Joanna Copestick for a fun decorating party to talk about mood boards, show how they’re done and of course to meet everyone. Anthropologie is throwing a nice spread for us too with Bloody Marys and snacks, so RSVP if you’d like to join us: rsvp-uk [at] anthropologie [dot] com — it’s from 1:00-3:00 (I have to leave at 3 pm for another event) so please stop by to say hello to Abigail, Leslie, Joanna and I. We’d love to meet you and connect with other creatives, bloggers, etc.

LONDON: Meet us at Anthropologie on Sunday, September 25th @1pm

And as you know, Abigail Ahern (shown above in her gorgeous home) is a total rock star in the design world so just having her as part of this event is a total honor and I’m certain you’d love meeting her and hear her advice about decorating, too. Abigail owns a gorgeous shop in London and is the author of a book that I love called A Girl’s Guide to Decorating. The event is completely open to the public, so do stop by – we’ll be starting promptly at 1:00.

See you in London!!!

xo,
Holly

You Might Also Like

31 Comments

• Reply Nicole September 22, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Can’t wait!

• Reply Rebecca September 22, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Oh I wish I could come…sounds like its going to be a fab event! Glad the tour has been going well, looking forward to you returning to blogging, ive missed my daily dose of decor8 lovliness! x

• Reply samantha September 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm

me too, I wish I could be there, it sounds great, my daughter and I where talking about coming to London for a weekend shopping, but will have to wait until the pennies pile up a little more :)

• Reply Michelle September 22, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Very cool, I love London. And I am drooling over her chair!

• Reply The Illustrator's Wife September 22, 2011 at 6:08 pm

If only I lived in the area! Or could afford an impromptu plane ticket! Have a blast, I’m sure you will!

• Reply nathalie September 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm

if only i could be there ! have a fabulous time :)

• Reply Caroline September 22, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Hello!

Can someone please tell me what typeface it is of the words
    “HALLMARKS” and “HOME” in the picture?

Thanks!

• Reply Jennifer Carroll September 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I wish someone would video these presentations and post them on YouTube! Would be fabulous to see them but sadly the tour is not near my town…. Have a wonderful time in London! It’s my favorite city!!! :-)

• Reply Britt September 23, 2011 at 12:01 am

OMG! Wish I was in London! Sound like a fab time. Two rock stars together talking about decorating! Few things sound more fabulous at this point in time!! Have a lovely time! And whoop whoop to your book tour! Good stuff going on!

• Reply Stephanie September 23, 2011 at 2:01 am

Four of my favourite people in the design world, all in one place, AT THE SAME TIME… pity I’m on the other side of the globe :(

• Reply Lisa's Creative Designs September 23, 2011 at 2:06 am

Oh I wish I could! I’m on the other side of the pond unfortunately!

• Reply Lisa Graham Art September 23, 2011 at 6:30 am

Oh London! London is so wonderful! Have fun!

• Reply Eunice September 23, 2011 at 11:09 am

I like your blog would love to come and meet you but unfortunately I will be at Decorex on sunday

• Reply Ruth September 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I liked your book very much, although I wonder if on this blog there will be something else than announcements about the book, book tour or topics related to the book in the future… (which is very nice and useful of cause…)? It seems to have been transformed a little bit to a plateform solely destined to promote it, at least in my eyes.
    Greetings, Ruth

• Reply decor8 September 24, 2011 at 12:45 am

@Ruth – I’m on a book tour at the moment – one of the most exciting adventures of my life – and I’m excited to share it and let everyone know where I’ll be next since many have expressed an interest in meeting me and vice versa — so you’ll have to endure it a bit more until I wrap things up! For now, you are welcome to visit other design blogs and then return in a few weeks when I’m finished. Thank you!

• Reply ana {bluebirdkisses} September 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Wow I really love that chair!

• Reply Laura Adkin September 23, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I have RSVP’d. YAY. So excited!! xx

• Reply Mrs. Châtelaine in Paris September 23, 2011 at 6:35 pm

So sad not to be in London this weekend!!! I hope you will come to in-stores with Anthropologie comes to Paris! :-)

xox Mrs. Châtelaine in Paris

• Reply Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor September 23, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Have a great time in London. You are doing a fantastic job on tour and like you said that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will be waiting to hear about London and all the excitement.

• Reply E. McCord September 24, 2011 at 12:31 am

The book is one of most favorite purchases of the year!!!

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor September 24, 2011 at 12:44 am

Anthropologie + London, sounds perfect!

• Reply Ito Kish September 24, 2011 at 5:44 am

What a beautiful convex mirror! I have collection of the same in my store KISH.

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis September 24, 2011 at 9:19 am

Have lots of fun tomorrow, I am sure everyone will enjoy it… I still think lots about your (pep) talk ;)
    We have another bloggers meeting today in Amsterdam with the editors of VT wonen magazine and 101 woonideeen ;)

desiree

• Reply Patricia September 24, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Now that you are back in Europe, is there a chance you would do a tour in Germany.. like Dusseldorf or Cologne? I’ll love to know! ;)

Patricia.

• Reply Mimi September 24, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Sounds like a fabulous event wish I could be there! Love Abigail’s room.

• Reply madera y zinc September 25, 2011 at 9:59 pm

OH……I’m still loving Abigail’s living!!! Colours, furnitures, stylism,…ALL!

• Reply Ann September 26, 2011 at 7:51 pm

It’s so nice that you are having such a wonderful time and are able to share your knowledge with so many people in person. I wish I could be there, too. It feels a little strange though, not seeing you here everyday. Know that you are missed!

• Reply Erin September 26, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I can’t wait to check out that book, The Girl’s Guide to Decorating. Also- I love that couch (even if I can only see part of it)!!!

• Reply Siobhan September 27, 2011 at 12:25 am

Holly, I hope you are having a fantastic book tour. If you decide to come to Hamburg on the tour, I would love to meet you. All the best!

• Reply Phyllis Dobbs September 27, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Your keynote talk at The Creative Connection was fabulous. I loved hearing how you began your blog and meeting you at the book signing!

• Reply caroline September 27, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Hi Holly,
    really loved your talk today at Decorex – very inspiring and full of good ideas and tips. Just started blogging and it is a new world, but think this will be fun!
    Caroline