Books + Magazines

Sarah Jane Studios

September 28, 2011

Hello everyone! I’m back! I’m back! It feels so great to be seated here before my laptop talking to you again. I’ve missed decor8 so much and though I’ve loved having some space away from blogging to meet lots of you in person during my book tour, I love getting back to my bloggy roots writing once again – it feels really good. My book tour has wrapped up in the US and UK, so I’m home now and don’t plan to do any more book-related events again until mid November in Germany but that won’t keep me away from the blog so you’ll have me front and center again for a long time. :) Yay – I’ve missed you but decor8 is back in action!

Sarah Jane Studios

Over the next few weeks I will share some highlights from the road, namely the people that I met who either make something that caught my eye or who simply said or did something that stuck with me. One of those inspiring peeps is illustrator and textile designer Sarah Jane. I met Sarah at The Creative Connection in St. Paul and found her sweet characters to be most charming. She JUST finished a children’s book which published a few days ago with Harper Collins, so you can imagine her excitement. She also has a small line of pretty fabrics and an etsy shop where we sells prints, cards and other things that both children and their parents love.

Sarah Jane Studios

Sarah Jane Studios

Sarah Jane Studios

Sarah Jane Studios

If you like what you see above, you may be interested in learning more about Sarah Jane… if that’s the case, you may visit her blog, etsy shop or find her new book here.

(images: sarah jane)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Catherine at Design Editor September 28, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I’ve been eyeballing her work for awhile now. Good call! So sweet and cheery!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm

SO sweet and beautiful…I want to get that “chase your dreams” print for my girls. sigh…lovely pics! I am SO happy you are back, I have missed you ( in person and on here) I was having decor8 withdrawal! :)

• Reply betz September 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Welcome back! I love Sarah Jane’s work, it depicts the childhood we all want for our children. :)

• Reply sarah jane September 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm

What a lovely post! Thank you so much Holly! Great to have you back:)

• Reply Terri Conrad September 28, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Sara Jane’s work is definitely feel good design – Holly, your blog is always delivers!

wishing you joy too

• Reply Wrenaissance Art September 28, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Congrats on the successful book tour.
    Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ve found on your travels!

• Reply decosign September 28, 2011 at 6:06 pm

just love your site & design.

• Reply Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles September 28, 2011 at 6:33 pm

So so cute! Her shop is added to my Etsy favorites! :)

• Reply Happy Cactus Designs September 28, 2011 at 6:48 pm

What lovely designs! I love the nostalgic feel of her work.

• Reply Rebecca September 28, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Just had a quick browse of her blog and it’s just lovely! so happy and positive, such pretty prints! Welcome back to you aswel! Can’t wait to see what you have instore from your travels!x

• Reply Iris September 28, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Missed your posts as part of my daily morning ritual before starting to work! So I am glad you are back and I am looking forward to seeing you here more regularly.
    x Iris

• Reply Michelle September 28, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Such sweet designs! Welcome back!

• Reply ana {bluebirdkisses} September 28, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Her work is so beautiul. I have so many of her prints pinned to my favorites on Etsy.

• Reply sécia September 28, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Very sweet.

• Reply Jane September 29, 2011 at 3:15 am

Oh Holly, it’s brilliant to have you back in the saddle again. That book tour was tiring me out – I have no idea how you managed it!

Thanks for the delightful introduction to Sarah’s work. Some of those adorable children’s prints will soon be winging their way home to my pixies on Planet Baby ?. J x

• Reply Anastasia September 29, 2011 at 3:54 am

Welcome back Holly – great to hear you had a great book tour and met lots of your fans! wish you could come to Australia someday…

I love the prints in Sarh’s Etsy shop, just adorable!!

• Reply Ashley @ LML September 29, 2011 at 4:53 am

I was so excited when I saw this post in my reader! Glad you’re back! Sarah Jane Studios’ etsy shop is so great – I’m definitely adding some of their prints to my wishlist!

life in the married lane – a little blog full of big inspiration!

• Reply fenny setiawan September 29, 2011 at 6:15 am

I am glad that you are back. Miss you here. I love today post, its very whimsical collection and illustration. I would definitely check it out for my daughter.

• Reply Julie the Alkaline Sister September 29, 2011 at 6:46 am

Gosh it reminds me of being a child, foot loose and fancy free with my embroidery hoop in hand! Makes me yearn to make time for such things in my crazy busy life right now. One day….. Thanx for sharing her lovely work Holly, hope you are well:)

• Reply laponka September 29, 2011 at 9:38 am

I’m really happy that you’ re back! I love sitting with a cup of coffee and reading your posts- they make my day every time.
    And Sarah’s works are sooo cute! So simple but amazing.

• Reply Victoria Cramsie September 29, 2011 at 11:51 am

Holly, great to have you back posting again. Love those adorable characters. It was lovely to briefly meet you at 100%Design. Vx

• Reply Emma September 29, 2011 at 1:10 pm

All of these designs are so lovely! Love the “chase your dreams” print… Heading over to her blog now!

• Reply samia September 29, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I love the beautifl words and the bunting.. and the fabric…

• Reply Misha September 30, 2011 at 11:03 am

I simply love this post. Everything is so subtle yet vibrant, would love to get my hands on some of these prints.

• Reply Kelly September 30, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Oh, love her work. I’ve had the pink “Read with Me” in my daughter’s bedroom for the past couple of years. She’s getting a little big for some of the sweet prints, but I still love their feel.

• Reply Mouse Illustration October 3, 2011 at 4:40 am