Sarah Jane Studios

Hello everyone! I’m back! I’m back! It feels so great to be seated here before my laptop talking to you again. I’ve missed decor8 so much and though I’ve loved having some space away from blogging to meet lots of you in person during my book tour, I love getting back to my bloggy roots writing once again – it feels really good. My book tour has wrapped up in the US and UK, so I’m home now and don’t plan to do any more book-related events again until mid November in Germany but that won’t keep me away from the blog so you’ll have me front and center again for a long time. :) Yay – I’ve missed you but decor8 is back in action!

Sarah Jane Studios

Over the next few weeks I will share some highlights from the road, namely the people that I met who either make something that caught my eye or who simply said or did something that stuck with me. One of those inspiring peeps is illustrator and textile designer Sarah Jane. I met Sarah at The Creative Connection in St. Paul and found her sweet characters to be most charming. She JUST finished a children’s book which published a few days ago with Harper Collins, so you can imagine her excitement. She also has a small line of pretty fabrics and an etsy shop where we sells prints, cards and other things that both children and their parents love.

Sarah Jane Studios

Sarah Jane Studios

Sarah Jane Studios

Sarah Jane Studios

If you like what you see above, you may be interested in learning more about Sarah Jane… if that’s the case, you may visit her blog, etsy shop or find her new book here.

Enjoy!

(images: sarah jane)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 28, 2011

1. Catherine at Design Editor commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 5:06pm

I’ve been eyeballing her work for awhile now. Good call! So sweet and cheery!
    Catherine at Design Editor´s last blog post ..Crafts | Washi Tape Silhouette

2. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 5:13pm

SO sweet and beautiful…I want to get that “chase your dreams” print for my girls. sigh…lovely pics! I am SO happy you are back, I have missed you ( in person and on here) I was having decor8 withdrawal! :)
    xoxo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..2 of a kind

3. betz commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 5:18pm

Welcome back! I love Sarah Jane’s work, it depicts the childhood we all want for our children. :)

4. sarah jane commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 5:35pm

What a lovely post! Thank you so much Holly! Great to have you back:)
    Cheers!
    sarah jane´s last blog post ..On the doorstep.

5. Terri Conrad commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 5:53pm

Sara Jane’s work is definitely feel good design – Holly, your blog is always delivers!

wishing you joy too
    xo
    Terri
    Terri Conrad´s last blog post ..Wishing You Joy . . .

6. Wrenaissance Art commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 5:54pm

Congrats on the successful book tour.
    Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ve found on your travels!
    Wrenaissance Art´s last blog post ..Ceci un taxi jaune

7. decosign commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 6:06pm

just love your site & design.

8. Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 6:33pm

So so cute! Her shop is added to my Etsy favorites! :)
    Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles´s last blog post ..It’s Fall Y’all

9. Happy Cactus Designs commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 6:48pm

What lovely designs! I love the nostalgic feel of her work.

10. Rebecca commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 7:26pm

Just had a quick browse of her blog and it’s just lovely! so happy and positive, such pretty prints! Welcome back to you aswel! Can’t wait to see what you have instore from your travels!x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..beautiful books…fabric

11. Iris commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 7:49pm

Missed your posts as part of my daily morning ritual before starting to work! So I am glad you are back and I am looking forward to seeing you here more regularly.
    x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..This month’s Magazines

12. Michelle commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 8:01pm

Such sweet designs! Welcome back!
    Michelle´s last blog post ..How-To Thank You Cards

13. ana {bluebirdkisses} commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 8:55pm

Her work is so beautiul. I have so many of her prints pinned to my favorites on Etsy.
    ana {bluebirdkisses}´s last blog post ..A Journey Through Romania

14. sécia commented
    September 28th, 2011 at 10:16pm

Very sweet.

sécia

15. Jane commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 3:15am

Oh Holly, it’s brilliant to have you back in the saddle again. That book tour was tiring me out – I have no idea how you managed it!

Thanks for the delightful introduction to Sarah’s work. Some of those adorable children’s prints will soon be winging their way home to my pixies on Planet Baby ?. J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Musings on grief: how I’m faring

16. Anastasia commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 3:54am

Welcome back Holly – great to hear you had a great book tour and met lots of your fans! wish you could come to Australia someday…

I love the prints in Sarh’s Etsy shop, just adorable!!

17. Ashley @ LML commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 4:53am

I was so excited when I saw this post in my reader! Glad you’re back! Sarah Jane Studios’ etsy shop is so great – I’m definitely adding some of their prints to my wishlist!

life in the married lane – a little blog full of big inspiration!
    Ashley @ LML´s last blog post ..storms

18. fenny setiawan commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 6:15am

I am glad that you are back. Miss you here. I love today post, its very whimsical collection and illustration. I would definitely check it out for my daughter.
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..KL design week : comprehensive recap

19. Julie the Alkaline Sister commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 6:46am

Gosh it reminds me of being a child, foot loose and fancy free with my embroidery hoop in hand! Makes me yearn to make time for such things in my crazy busy life right now. One day….. Thanx for sharing her lovely work Holly, hope you are well:)
    Julie the Alkaline Sister´s last blog post ..Chia, Blueberry & Avocado Pudding- Breakfast or Dessert?? –Travel, Teaching & What I learned in School this Week

20. laponka commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 9:38am

I’m really happy that you’ re back! I love sitting with a cup of coffee and reading your posts- they make my day every time.
    And Sarah’s works are sooo cute! So simple but amazing.

21. Victoria Cramsie commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 11:51am

Holly, great to have you back posting again. Love those adorable characters. It was lovely to briefly meet you at 100%Design. Vx

22. Emma commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 1:10pm

All of these designs are so lovely! Love the “chase your dreams” print… Heading over to her blog now!

23. samia commented
    September 29th, 2011 at 1:16pm

I love the beautifl words and the bunting.. and the fabric…
    samia´s last blog post ..Room Makeover: Design Details

24. Misha commented
    September 30th, 2011 at 11:03am

I simply love this post. Everything is so subtle yet vibrant, would love to get my hands on some of these prints.

25. Kelly commented
    September 30th, 2011 at 9:40pm

Oh, love her work. I’ve had the pink “Read with Me” in my daughter’s bedroom for the past couple of years. She’s getting a little big for some of the sweet prints, but I still love their feel.

26. Mouse Illustration commented