Heart Home e-Magazine

If you’re a blogger you must be able to relate to me right now. I’m overwhelmed! I’ve been sitting here for the past few hours sorting through lists and lists of things that I need to post on decor8 because I’ve been finding so much over the past few months during my travels and have no clue where to begin now that I’m back in the office. I have over a thousand business cards that I’ve collected from all of the lovely readers and new friends that I met while in America, England and the Netherlands and I just don’t know where to begin though I found that the best way is to simply start somewhere… One post leads to two and so on. So! Let’s talk about a gorgeous magazine that has the web a-buzz lately… Heart Home!

Heart Home magazine

Oh, but first I have something to share. I recently interviewed a designer and she asked if I ever run out of things to post about on decor8 and I answered so quickly I giggled a bit because “NO!” escaped me before the question was fully out of her mouth. Like I said earlier, there is just SO MUCH out there to see and explore and experience, I can’t imagine ever running out of content as I’m sure many of you can relate. Sometimes I’ll comb through my archives to review some of my past finds and I’m always amazed as the sheer talent that exists, the people I’ve met, the places I’ve visited, and just how lucky we all are to be living during a time when there is so much artistic and creative expression to be seen, on a global scale, that we can witness daily online. As I look through all of the wonderful things on my lists that I have yet to write about, I’m so happy that I have a job like this. I much rather be overwhelmed by finding too much than from finding not enough.

Heart Home magazine

But back to Heart Home. Oh my goodness… speaking of inspiring content, you have to check out this newly launched UK-based digital shelter magazine. Founded by my friends and fellow bloggers Arianna Trapani, Carole King and Daniel Nelson, together they have created such a beautiful publication with a focus solely on homes in the UK making this magazine the first of its kind! The concept is brilliant and I’ll certainly tune in to this quarterly online publication regularly to see what properties they’ve scouted and styled, and who they’re profiling in the world of UK design next.

Heart Home magazine

I’d like to add that I’m honored that they devoted two pages of their premiere issue to me and my book (see above). It was quite nice of them to do that! You can read an interview that they had with me here as well that is a bit of an extended version of the article.

Heart Home magazine

Heart Home magazine

I loved seeing the home of Jeska Hearne from Lobster & Swan (images above) and her feminine home. I’m a huge fan of hers so it was such a treat to peek into her personal space and to read about her inspirations. Here are a few more favorite peeks from the homes of others featured in the premiere issue of Heart Home…

Heart Home magazine

Heart Home magazine

I can’t wait to see the next issue of Heart Home – way to go Ari, Daniel and Carole! Woot woot!

(images from heart home)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on October 05, 2011

1. Maria commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 1:48pm

Love this post, and love the magazine! So much fun! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Maria

2. Daniel Nelson commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 1:51pm

Oh Holly, thanks so much. Really love review. We know you are so freaking busy right now that we’re honoured so much to be featured on decor8!

It was great seeing you recently and hopefully we can catch up properly one time in the near future.

Thanks so much again honey x
    Daniel Nelson´s last blog post ..Anglepoise: a life less ordinary

3. Jane commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 2:06pm

Oh Holly, I’m not surprised you’re in a dither! My, you’ve set such a cracking pace with your book tours – how you’re straight back into blogging without having a well-earned break is beyond me. I’m a huge fan of Heart Home already, if their first issue is setting the standard. I’m looking forward to the next one as well! J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Psst! Want to read about mummy blogging in Tasmania?

4. Ege Denne commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 2:18pm

I love the yellow frame…. So fresh!
    Ege Denne´s last blog post ..Min symaskin.

5. Joanna Thornhill commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 3:04pm

Lovely to see Heart Home up here, Holly, thanks for posting – I’m the stylist whose rental flat features on p78 – you’ve got the photo of my bedroom (with padded headboard) plus me standing in my kitchen up here! Still finding it strange seeing pics of my little flat popping up all over the web. I’ve also got about eight tote bags from all the London Design Week shows full of cards and leaflets waiting for me to review, it’s a big ol’ job, good luck to you!!

6. elisa commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 3:08pm

i’m looking forward to seeing all the work you encountered holly. it is so great to see how online magazines seem to be able to get more into what’s local, and give you a real sense of the people working here. they’ve done such a wonderful job in presenting british design, exciting to have a resource like this. x

7. Lisa Graham Art commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 3:33pm

Thank you for this…Heart Home looks amazing. I want to redo my entire house now.
    Lisa Graham Art´s last blog post ..Oil Pastel Faces and Art Subconsciousness

8. Arianna commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 3:33pm

OMG thank you so much Holly! what a lovely pos, thanks so much for your support!

Loved bumping into you in London and hope we can have a proper catch up next time your in town!

Hugs

A x
    Arianna´s last blog post ..One To Watch: Abigail Edwards

9. samantha commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 3:44pm

Its a lovely magazine, quite nice to have a UK digital magazine out there amongst the ever growing stream of mags.
    I can’t keep up with all that’s out there to blog about some days, and I’m finally doing a short course in interior design, all scale floor plans at the moment, not me favourite part, cant wait to get to the mood board making…:)
    Your book will come in very handy :)
    samantha´s last blog post ..Autumn…..?

10. melissa commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 4:07pm

I saw when this mag was launched. It is divine– UK homes are just brilliant. There are so many amazing onlines mags out there now, I feel like I need to set aside a whole day to read through them all. This is definitely one I’ll be keeping up with every quarter.
    Glad to see you back to your regular posts … can’t wait to see the thousands more you have waiting :) Cheers!

11. Evelyn commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 4:48pm

Just when I felt stuck in a rut, this post pulled me right out. My go-to inspiration source, decor8.

12. iHanna commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 5:02pm

Oh what a great magazine! I want to live in it. And I totally get the “never running out of ideas”, I have the opposite problem! :-)
    iHanna´s last blog post ..Making a fabric journal cover

13. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 5:04pm

I LOVE it! Loved getting to see darling Jeska’s home in there too and loved the approachable and beautiful homes and tips. I CAN relate and it makes me so very happy! And happy to think that you will never run out of things to share with us too! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..2 of a kind

14. Cherisse commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:41pm

This is very inspiring post! That magazine looks amazing! Must see it now and thanks for sharing!
    Cherisse´s last blog post ..Shoes to Cards

15. Meriem commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 8:39pm

Wow this magazine looks wonderful! Cant wait to delve in and get inspired. So glad yo have got loads of ideas for new posts from all your recent travels, Cant wait to read more. x Meriem in Paris
    Meriem´s last blog post ..Typography maps…………………

16. Vicky commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 9:38pm

Holly, thanks for sharing another great post. You are so generous with your time we appreciate your creative and crafty spirit!!! When do you sleep?
    Vicky´s last blog post ..Bolster Pillow Tutorial & Other Stuff

17. Kristina Gulino commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 9:38pm

Loving these photos! I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

I also feel with you on the posting – except that most of my many post inspirations stem from finding amazing rooms on Pinterest! (I work as an office asst by day, so not much creativity happening from the day job to discuss). Inspired by your blog as always! Hope you’re well. xo

Kristina Gulino
    Something 2 Write About
    Kristina Gulino´s last blog post ..what do you put on your nightstand?

18. Maria commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 10:10pm

I will check it out right away! Love the pics !!

19. Rose commented
    October 5th, 2011 at 11:30pm

I hope all settles down for you Holly. I’m sure it will. Plus I look forward to all the interesting posts that are about to come whizzing out from Decor8.
    Thanks also for the intro to Heart Home. Such a cool name. Despite the fact that I feel that hard copy still rocks, I am beginning to enjoy doing e-mags. So, I popped over to their web, enjoyed the read and have subscribed for many more pleasant reads in the future.

20. anastasia commented
    October 6th, 2011 at 4:19am

this looks great – off to take a look!

21. fenny setiawan commented
    October 6th, 2011 at 6:06am

Lovely sharing Holly, I really like to read new inspiring e-mag. And I also a huge fans of Lobster and Swan :).
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..Pillow loves

22. Linda from Heartfire At Home commented
    October 6th, 2011 at 7:13am

Oooh, I am off to check this out straight away…. with a name close to mine, and obviously the same sentiment… it has to be good!!

Linda. xox
    Linda from Heartfire At Home´s last blog post ..I Just Wrote My First E-Book! Check It Out!

23. Rick Shaver, PleasantLivingHome commented
    October 17th, 2011 at 6:05pm

Thank you so much for Heart Home. I love it! I just book marked it and will keep up. You always find the best. Rick
    Rick Shaver, PleasantLivingHome´s last blog post ..WALLS OF ART – DOORS TO AUTUMN

24. Mary Middleton Design commented
    October 20th, 2011 at 3:01pm

Holly it lovely to see Hearthome here on your site. Daniel, Arianna and Carole worked so hard to get it up and running – and its goregous. A must read
    Mary Middleton Design´s last blog post ..Giveaway Reminder