Louise Body Designs

Did I tell you that I was able to see the highly regarded collection of designer Louise Body after my lecture at Decorex last month? Oh I did… And it was simply fantastic to be a part of it all. Here are some photos so you can see what her recent work looks like. I’ve been a fan for a long time and love seeing how she evolves. The shots of pink and yellow in these cushions below make me smile. It all looks very English, doesn’t it?

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

What about you? Spot anything you like?

When I blog of these beautiful things designed by talented people I think of how I could have the most interesting interiors shop if I ever decided to open one with the bevy of contacts that I have. I truly love design and it would warm my heart to see my favorite things living together in one shared space – a decor8 shop! I’m returning to a dream I had for many years… to become a shop owner. I saw a few vacant places recently in my neighborhood and felt a chill of excitement as I peeked inside. I thought of the potential, my ideas, the events I could host… I once held the dream of shop ownership so closely to my chest but then decided to write a book and the dream was tucked into my back pocket. Though I plan to write more books, I’m reconsidering this idea of being a shop girl and well… perhaps in a few years… We shall see.

(images: louise body)

Posted by decor8 in designers on October 10, 2011

1. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 3:45pm

Oh, absolutely…..how beautiful! And as far as your shop dream is concerned….yes! I can so see you having the MOST gorgeous shop in all of shopdom! :) I have that dream tucked in my back pocket too. :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Monday monday

2. Julie commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 4:04pm

These are wonderful. I just did a post on pillows and these patterns and colors are so much fun. As for your dream of a store, it’s on my list too. Seize the passion and your talent…
    Julie´s last blog post ..add a pop with pillows

3. Anne Book commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 4:12pm

The prints are gorgeous. I absoltely love the brightness of the colors. My fave is the headboard.
    I am taking your blogging your way class and so impressed so far & excited to take better pics and up the ante on my blog.

I have followed you since I wrote Hemstitch and Hydrangea in the Tres Poshe Preppy era!
    Anne Book´s last blog post ..Bird Brained

4. Rebecca commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 4:14pm

So many lovely things to look at here today! Im so glad you posted about Louise Body’s work, id not heard about her before and i love her stuff you have up here! Im off to investigate more…x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..littletree bakes…mini victoria sponge muffins

5. Fenny setiawan commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Love all those pillow cushions. Could easily spark a plain sofa at ky living room :) I wish to have it all. Really can’t choose only one.
    Fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..a buzy bee

6. Emily commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 5:06pm

These are GORGEOUS!!!! I have never heard of this designer before but after seeing these textiles here I am anxious to see what else she has done!
    Emily´s last blog post ..Recovering and Updating Old Chairs

7. simone commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 5:09pm

so beautiful and unusual! Love them! Holly, I really want to be a shop girl as well!! It has always been a dream of mine – it just doesn’t seem smart in this economy, ya’ know. Hopefully in a few years I’ll be there as well! Sort or a bummer as I am really feeling like I need a change from designing and producing bags– or maybe I just need to have someone else produce them for me. I don’t know. Do you ever feel like change is just in the air?? I feel like it is time to move on from my little etsy shop to something else, I just don’t quite know what i is yet.
    simone´s last blog post ..Inspiration Workshop No. 18 – Fall

8. Decorator's Notebook commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 5:17pm

I adore that yellow fabric with the all-over vases print. The colour is gorgeous and the design is just retro enough and just modern enough, if you know what I mean!
    Decorator’s Notebook´s last blog post ..Wild food in Wimbledon (failed)

9. Lucy commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 5:33pm

Simply stunning, thanks for sharing :) Some of her fabrics are definately on my wish list :)
    Lucy´s last blog post ..New Works…

10. Britt commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 5:54pm

Gorgeous pillows!! Love the colors and the patterns!
    Britt´s last blog post ..Photo Placement: No Excuses Not to Have Them

11. Maud commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 6:10pm

You should open a shop, it will be great and I’m sure the whole feeling of the place will be exactly your taste! But please don’t forget to open a webshop too for those who don’t live nearby… ;-)

12. Helen commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 6:28pm

These are gorgeous designs, I’m in love with the wallpapers.

13. Krista Nye Schwartz commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 6:47pm

Thanks for introducing me to Louise Body, Holly! I really love her line of fabrics and wallpapers – they are so fresh and pretty!

14. Eva Ricci commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 7:22pm

Oh your shop would be a hit. These pillows are beautiful

15. Julie commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 8:35pm

Lovely colors…and that wallpaper reminds me of something similar I had in my house growing up;)
    Julie´s last blog post ..Making it intentional?

16. Kyrsten Webb commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:02pm

I absolutely love these! these throw pillows are exactly what I would use in my home!
    Kyrsten Webb´s last blog post ..Personality traits

17. Lana Waller commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 9:47pm

I too have dreamed of owning a store. I would love to be the buyer, but am not sure if I would like the hassle of staff (hiring/firing and filling in for)
    I would have a combination of unique home items as well as clothing (Magnolia Pearl and Ewa i Walla my favorites) as well as artist jewelry.
    Oh to dream!

18. Keely commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 11:07pm

Yes, open a shop! The perfect follow up to your book :)

Someday I would like to have a shop myself, if only…
    Keely´s last blog post ..Autumn

19. sowlshine commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 11:41pm

Pillows are amazing :)
    sowlshine´s last blog post ..Kilka zaległych spraw

20. Kristine {In Love, Engaged} commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 12:21am

Holly, I fully support your dream of opening up a shop! I can’t even imagine all the amazing things you could fill it with. I guess I should start saving up for a trip to Germany in a couple of years… Oh, and please include these pillows. :)
    Kristine {In Love, Engaged}´s last blog post ..Inspiration everywhere: San Francisco

21. Kate commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 5:01am

Wow! Louise is a great designer isn’t she? You should definitely follow your dream and get a shop, I’ve always though about doing it but never had the courage.

22. g. commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:23am

i’ve had the same dream of becoming a shop owner too. time to take a leap! :)
    g.´s last blog post ..It’s Always Market Day Somewhere

23. cecilia commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:42am

Holly, I agree with Maud – along with your dream shop, please include an online store as well! Your resources are amazing, and based on the success of Decorate, I’m sure your shop would be as popular and well received.
    To Lana Waller – I was a buyer for several years – and as fun as the “picking” and shopping/sourcing is, there’s all the numbers, invoicing, tracking and plenty of other hassles too. I think the key is to find the way to follow your dream and do what you love, and then those parts of the job that seem tedious, won’t be as undesirable.

24. Misha commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 9:54am

I think it would be awesome! you have a great sense for this stuff and having a store seems to be the an obvious choice for you, it kinda come naturally to you :) wish you all the luck for it!

I am a big fan of your blog and have been following it religiously since i discovered it n cant wait to get my hands on your book.
    Misha´s last blog post ..The Bohemian Dream…

25. Sue commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 10:07am

I always wanted to open a consignment store for artists and craftspeople. Now I am following my dream in a different venue, we are hosting “Art in the Holler” on October 22, 2011 on our little farmlet outside of Lake Lure and Rutherfordton in NC. We are also having 3 art contests for the elementary schools in the area.
    Love following your blog

26. Mar commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 12:51pm

I love it!!!

Mar

27. houseofearnest commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 8:55pm

Love the yellow leaves fabric used on the headboard (and love it as a headboard!)
    houseofearnest´s last blog post ..Try This at Home: Pinning Pumpkins

28. Nicola commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 1:27pm

I’ve been following Louise’s work for years too, first saw her work in the old Chelsea Town Hall on the Kings’ Road & was always picking up a postcard when I couldn’t afford the real thing. I have a secret yearning for a shop too & have just started your BYW course. So here’s my question……can I be your London outpost please!!!

29. LanM commented
    October 15th, 2011 at 11:50am

It’s my first time to know the designer Louise Body. I visited her website and then was immediately attracted to the wallpaper and fabric designs!
    LanM´s last blog post ..DIY:适合狭窄玄关的搁板鞋架

30. hena tayeb commented
    October 17th, 2011 at 8:04pm

The pillows are so pretty. I also love the yellow chair in the end.
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Something New from the Great White North

31. Tom Brauch commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 2:53pm

Love the mix of the physical and painted elements.