Designers + Stylists

Louise Body Designs

October 10, 2011

Did I tell you that I was able to see the highly regarded collection of designer Louise Body after my lecture at Decorex last month? Oh I did… And it was simply fantastic to be a part of it all. Here are some photos so you can see what her recent work looks like. I’ve been a fan for a long time and love seeing how she evolves. The shots of pink and yellow in these cushions below make me smile. It all looks very English, doesn’t it?

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

Louise Body Designs

What about you? Spot anything you like?

When I blog of these beautiful things designed by talented people I think of how I could have the most interesting interiors shop if I ever decided to open one with the bevy of contacts that I have. I truly love design and it would warm my heart to see my favorite things living together in one shared space – a decor8 shop! I’m returning to a dream I had for many years… to become a shop owner. I saw a few vacant places recently in my neighborhood and felt a chill of excitement as I peeked inside. I thought of the potential, my ideas, the events I could host… I once held the dream of shop ownership so closely to my chest but then decided to write a book and the dream was tucked into my back pocket. Though I plan to write more books, I’m reconsidering this idea of being a shop girl and well… perhaps in a few years… We shall see.

(images: louise body)

You Might Also Like

31 Comments

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 10, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Oh, absolutely…..how beautiful! And as far as your shop dream is concerned….yes! I can so see you having the MOST gorgeous shop in all of shopdom! :) I have that dream tucked in my back pocket too. :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Julie October 10, 2011 at 4:04 pm

These are wonderful. I just did a post on pillows and these patterns and colors are so much fun. As for your dream of a store, it’s on my list too. Seize the passion and your talent…

• Reply Anne Book October 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm

The prints are gorgeous. I absoltely love the brightness of the colors. My fave is the headboard.
    I am taking your blogging your way class and so impressed so far & excited to take better pics and up the ante on my blog.

I have followed you since I wrote Hemstitch and Hydrangea in the Tres Poshe Preppy era!

• Reply Rebecca October 10, 2011 at 4:14 pm

So many lovely things to look at here today! Im so glad you posted about Louise Body’s work, id not heard about her before and i love her stuff you have up here! Im off to investigate more…x

• Reply Fenny setiawan October 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Love all those pillow cushions. Could easily spark a plain sofa at ky living room :) I wish to have it all. Really can’t choose only one.

• Reply Emily October 10, 2011 at 5:06 pm

These are GORGEOUS!!!! I have never heard of this designer before but after seeing these textiles here I am anxious to see what else she has done!

• Reply simone October 10, 2011 at 5:09 pm

so beautiful and unusual! Love them! Holly, I really want to be a shop girl as well!! It has always been a dream of mine – it just doesn’t seem smart in this economy, ya’ know. Hopefully in a few years I’ll be there as well! Sort or a bummer as I am really feeling like I need a change from designing and producing bags– or maybe I just need to have someone else produce them for me. I don’t know. Do you ever feel like change is just in the air?? I feel like it is time to move on from my little etsy shop to something else, I just don’t quite know what i is yet.

• Reply Decorator's Notebook October 10, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I adore that yellow fabric with the all-over vases print. The colour is gorgeous and the design is just retro enough and just modern enough, if you know what I mean!

• Reply Lucy October 10, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Simply stunning, thanks for sharing :) Some of her fabrics are definately on my wish list :)

• Reply Britt October 10, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Gorgeous pillows!! Love the colors and the patterns!

• Reply Maud October 10, 2011 at 6:10 pm

You should open a shop, it will be great and I’m sure the whole feeling of the place will be exactly your taste! But please don’t forget to open a webshop too for those who don’t live nearby… ;-)

• Reply Helen October 10, 2011 at 6:28 pm

These are gorgeous designs, I’m in love with the wallpapers.

• Reply Krista Nye Schwartz October 10, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Thanks for introducing me to Louise Body, Holly! I really love her line of fabrics and wallpapers – they are so fresh and pretty!

• Reply Eva Ricci October 10, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh your shop would be a hit. These pillows are beautiful

• Reply Julie October 10, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Lovely colors…and that wallpaper reminds me of something similar I had in my house growing up;)

• Reply Kyrsten Webb October 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I absolutely love these! these throw pillows are exactly what I would use in my home!

• Reply Lana Waller October 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I too have dreamed of owning a store. I would love to be the buyer, but am not sure if I would like the hassle of staff (hiring/firing and filling in for)
    I would have a combination of unique home items as well as clothing (Magnolia Pearl and Ewa i Walla my favorites) as well as artist jewelry.
    Oh to dream!

• Reply Keely October 10, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Yes, open a shop! The perfect follow up to your book :)

Someday I would like to have a shop myself, if only…

• Reply sowlshine October 10, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Pillows are amazing :)

• Reply Kristine {In Love, Engaged} October 11, 2011 at 12:21 am

Holly, I fully support your dream of opening up a shop! I can’t even imagine all the amazing things you could fill it with. I guess I should start saving up for a trip to Germany in a couple of years… Oh, and please include these pillows. :)

• Reply Kate October 11, 2011 at 5:01 am

Wow! Louise is a great designer isn’t she? You should definitely follow your dream and get a shop, I’ve always though about doing it but never had the courage.

• Reply g. October 11, 2011 at 7:23 am

i’ve had the same dream of becoming a shop owner too. time to take a leap! :)

• Reply cecilia October 11, 2011 at 7:42 am

Holly, I agree with Maud – along with your dream shop, please include an online store as well! Your resources are amazing, and based on the success of Decorate, I’m sure your shop would be as popular and well received.
    To Lana Waller – I was a buyer for several years – and as fun as the “picking” and shopping/sourcing is, there’s all the numbers, invoicing, tracking and plenty of other hassles too. I think the key is to find the way to follow your dream and do what you love, and then those parts of the job that seem tedious, won’t be as undesirable.

• Reply Misha October 11, 2011 at 9:54 am

I think it would be awesome! you have a great sense for this stuff and having a store seems to be the an obvious choice for you, it kinda come naturally to you :) wish you all the luck for it!

I am a big fan of your blog and have been following it religiously since i discovered it n cant wait to get my hands on your book.

• Reply Sue October 11, 2011 at 10:07 am

I always wanted to open a consignment store for artists and craftspeople. Now I am following my dream in a different venue, we are hosting “Art in the Holler” on October 22, 2011 on our little farmlet outside of Lake Lure and Rutherfordton in NC. We are also having 3 art contests for the elementary schools in the area.
    Love following your blog

• Reply Mar October 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I love it!!!

Mar

• Reply houseofearnest October 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Love the yellow leaves fabric used on the headboard (and love it as a headboard!)

• Reply Nicola October 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I’ve been following Louise’s work for years too, first saw her work in the old Chelsea Town Hall on the Kings’ Road & was always picking up a postcard when I couldn’t afford the real thing. I have a secret yearning for a shop too & have just started your BYW course. So here’s my question……can I be your London outpost please!!!

• Reply LanM October 15, 2011 at 11:50 am

It’s my first time to know the designer Louise Body. I visited her website and then was immediately attracted to the wallpaper and fabric designs!

• Reply hena tayeb October 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm

The pillows are so pretty. I also love the yellow chair in the end.

• Reply Tom Brauch October 24, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Love the mix of the physical and painted elements.