Books + Magazines

Filming In My Work Studio Today

October 11, 2011

Hello everyone! I’ve had such a fun day so far so I have to share it with you! This morning a film team came from Berlin to shoot a video in my work studio and in one of my favorite Hannover shops, Raumformplan, owned by lovely Janin. The film is for the Myself magazine (a Conde Nast publication) Liebling Awards in which I was nominated – it’s a very exciting honor and next week I’ll fly to Munich to attend their red carpet event and awards ceremony to see who will win. I’m so excited about it!

Filming In My Work Studio Today

Filming In My Work Studio Today

Filming In My Work Studio Today

(From left – Producer – Lutz Winde, Makeup artist – Miriam Spiegel, me, Camera – Sebastian Woithe.)

The film was for them to share at the show – very fun! In the shop I had to pretend I was interested in some Ferm Living pillows and in my work studio I was pretending to be writing and blogging — oh and of course working on a mood board on my table! It was lovely to work with producer Lutz Winde, camera man Sebastian Woithe and makeup artist Miriam Spiegel.

Filming In My Work Studio Today

Filming In My Work Studio Today

Filming In My Work Studio Today

Yes I have two desks in my work room and huge, long white conference table in the middle of the room. It’s a great space to teach, lay out projects and have a guest come work for the day.

I loved every minute of working with these lovely people today – we got through everything quickly and laughed a lot. I also gained three new friends from it – which made me even happier because I love making new friends in Germany – makes living here that much sweeter. Above are some outtakes of me at my desk in my hot pink tights and grey dress from kew159 in London. The other photo is of me and the crew in my work studio. I had such a great time, it felt good to be famous for minute. :)

Thank you Janin at Raumforplan for letting us use your shop and thanks to Miriam, Lutz and Sebastian for such a great time!

(images: portraits of me – thorsten becker + room views – holly becker)

You Might Also Like

36 Comments

• Reply irma navarro-hankins October 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm

WOW, congratulations on your success, love the workspace!

• Reply Wahkuna October 11, 2011 at 4:27 pm

This is so great!! I love all the pictures and I’m so happy for you! Good luck at the awards show next week! :-) Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Glenda Childers October 11, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You are having so much fun these days . . . (and looking really skinny) . . . which is also fun. Congrats.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply decor8 October 11, 2011 at 4:55 pm

@Glenda – Book writing and tours does wonders for my figure it seems! :)

• Reply Kinga October 11, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I love that lamp…your space is stunning and light filled. Just lovely!
    Also, CONGRATS!

• Reply frauheuberg October 11, 2011 at 5:41 pm

oh, you looks so gorgous, dear…and i hope that you will rock our capital in the south with your movie…;)…see you there next week…i´m so exciting…a big hug…cheers…i…

• Reply Fatou October 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Congrats Holly! The pictures look amazing and you look gorgeous :-)

• Reply Aina October 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Good luck!

• Reply Malwina October 11, 2011 at 6:16 pm

You look fabulous! Good luck for the awards ceremony!

• Reply Katie October 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Good luck! It looks like you had fun!

I’m really curious about the Liebling Awards and a search yielded very little information–what are they for? I’m curious because my great-grandparents were born in a tiny town on the Danube called Liebling. It was actually in present-day Romania, but the town itself was German.

Curiosity aside, your studio is gorgeous! I love that minty green lamp.

• Reply decor8 October 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm

@Katie – Liebling means favorite so it’s a readers favorites award for Myself magazine.

• Reply juliet October 11, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Where did you get that hot pink hanging light? I saw one not long ago and LOVE them!

• Reply decor8 October 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm

@Juliet – the cord is from a shop in hannover called sommerflugl it’s by rie elise larson and the wire shade in white is from house doctor.

• Reply susan October 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Love your blog & book–read them often and they are incredibly inspiring. but these photos are so nice & lovely! I like to see photos of people’s real homes. I esp. love those ikea drawers you show in one pic (and i remember you showed them once before) and I can’t find them on the web site. I have seen them in the store once but now I”m thinking they might fit in my house….would you mind giving me the name if you know?

…..and I’m getting linen today to make your lovely, simple mood board! absolutely love that!! thank you for showing how to make it!

(my first time commenting)

• Reply decor8 October 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm

@Susan – That was a limited edition cabinet so I think it’s gone. :(

• Reply Allison October 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Congratulations Holly, on your nomination. What an inspiration your work space is! It is no wonder you are just living and loving what you are doing.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 12, 2011 at 2:15 am

Well, first of all….you look absolutely GORGEOUS! :) So beautiful and I love that dress and those pink tights! So perfect…your home looks beautiful as well hunnie and I am so glad you had such a great time! What an amazing experience! SO much fun!
    xoxo
    Melis

• Reply Ashley@marriedlane October 12, 2011 at 3:12 am

I love that blue patterned chair at your desk! The print is adorable and I love how it goes with the lamp shade.

• Reply Serena {Pretty Fluffy} October 12, 2011 at 4:27 am

I love how creative your workspace is. Every details says ‘Holly’. Just beautiful. And congrats on the award!! :)

• Reply juliet October 12, 2011 at 4:29 am

Thanks!!!

• Reply Nuit October 12, 2011 at 4:51 am

luvs it!!!!!!!!!!! every single corner is so pretty, congrats Holly!!! have fun on the red carpet ;)

• Reply Trina : la la Lovely October 12, 2011 at 5:21 am

I am pretty sure I NEED pink tights now….love your outfit, Holly (and your office too, of course- feeling so inspired!)
    xo Trina

• Reply fenny setiawan October 12, 2011 at 7:55 am

You look great Holly. I love your hot pink tights +grey dress = Gorgeous.
    I wish you good luck with the award. Voted for you previously :)

• Reply Haust October 12, 2011 at 10:35 am

I love your work space! So inspiring…

• Reply Monica Lee October 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm

That is just so exciting! We are routing for you, Holly!

• Reply April (iam_artisan) October 12, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I had fun looking at your studio… I hope you’d hare more photos of it… :)

• Reply Wrenaissance Art October 12, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Congrats on the award nomination and film!
    Is that Ant-style chair upholstered with cushioning, or simply slipcovered?

• Reply elisa October 12, 2011 at 7:37 pm

how great holly, congratulations! my grandmother used to call us all ‘liebling.’ i’m envious of you going to munich! i studied art there and i love it, the museums and cycling and parks and cafés. your studio looks wonderful, i’m putting mine together so it is great to get ideas. x

• Reply caitlin of wanderlustings October 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Congrats Holly! That’s so exciting!

By the way, can you please tell me where you picked up that amazing porcelain vase with the Victorian girl on it and the blue china print? It is to die for!!

• Reply Gina October 13, 2011 at 12:03 am

Hello! LOVELY Studio! I am thrilled to be able to see where you work each day. It’s very inspiring. One thing I was particularly interested in was your white writing desk. I like it very much and was wondering where you purchased it? I’ve been searching for one similar. It’s really nice. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply anastasia October 14, 2011 at 1:02 pm

your studio looks great Holly!! i hope you can share more of this video they shot?? you look gorgeous…keep smiling!

• Reply Desha October 14, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Can’t wait to see the video, I hope you post it when it’s ready!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang October 15, 2011 at 6:07 am

Holly, you look stunning! I am so very happy for you!

• Reply Kate October 15, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Congratulations on the nomination! Your workspace is really beautiful, it looks so calm and relaxing : )

• Reply Three Sixty Thinking October 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm

fab studio, inspiring pics and loving the grey and hot pink oufit! x

• Reply BODIE and FOU October 18, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Congratulations! These images are gorgeous! Love your moodboard on the wall and your tights!! Stunning! bises