Filming In My Work Studio Today

Hello everyone! I’ve had such a fun day so far so I have to share it with you! This morning a film team came from Berlin to shoot a video in my work studio and in one of my favorite Hannover shops, Raumformplan, owned by lovely Janin. The film is for the Myself magazine (a Conde Nast publication) Liebling Awards in which I was nominated – it’s a very exciting honor and next week I’ll fly to Munich to attend their red carpet event and awards ceremony to see who will win. I’m so excited about it!

Photos from today - outtakes

Outtakes in my studio today

Photos from today - outtakes

(From left – Producer – Lutz Winde, Makeup artist – Miriam Spiegel, me, Camera – Sebastian Woithe.)

The film was for them to share at the show – very fun! In the shop I had to pretend I was interested in some Ferm Living pillows and in my work studio I was pretending to be writing and blogging — oh and of course working on a mood board on my table! It was lovely to work with producer Lutz Winde, camera man Sebastian Woithe and makeup artist Miriam Spiegel.

Outtakes in my studio today

Outtakes in my studio today

Outtakes in my studio today

Yes I have two desks in my work room and huge, long white conference table in the middle of the room. It’s a great space to teach, lay out projects and have a guest come work for the day.

I loved every minute of working with these lovely people today – we got through everything quickly and laughed a lot. I also gained three new friends from it – which made me even happier because I love making new friends in Germany – makes living here that much sweeter. Above are some outtakes of me at my desk in my hot pink tights and grey dress from kew159 in London. The other photo is of me and the crew in my work studio. I had such a great time, it felt good to be famous for minute. :)

Thank you Janin at Raumforplan for letting us use your shop and thanks to Miriam, Lutz and Sebastian for such a great time!

(images: portraits of me – thorsten becker + room views – holly becker)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on October 11, 2011

1. irma navarro-hankins commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 4:22pm

WOW, congratulations on your success, love the workspace!

2. Wahkuna commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 4:27pm

This is so great!! I love all the pictures and I’m so happy for you! Good luck at the awards show next week! :-) Thanks for sharing!

3. Glenda Childers commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 4:52pm

You are having so much fun these days . . . (and looking really skinny) . . . which is also fun. Congrats.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Kate creates WONDER and a giveaway. 31 days of Christmas Wonder (day 11)

4. decor8 commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 4:55pm

@Glenda – Book writing and tours does wonders for my figure it seems! :)

5. Kinga commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 5:36pm

I love that lamp…your space is stunning and light filled. Just lovely!
    Also, CONGRATS!

6. frauheuberg commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 5:41pm

oh, you looks so gorgous, dear…and i hope that you will rock our capital in the south with your movie…;)…see you there next week…i´m so exciting…a big hug…cheers…i…
    frauheuberg´s last blog post ..A weekend full of wanderlust…

7. Fatou commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 5:44pm

Congrats Holly! The pictures look amazing and you look gorgeous :-)

8. Aina commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 5:52pm

Good luck!

9. Malwina commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:16pm

You look fabulous! Good luck for the awards ceremony!

10. Katie commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 7:13pm

Good luck! It looks like you had fun!

I’m really curious about the Liebling Awards and a search yielded very little information–what are they for? I’m curious because my great-grandparents were born in a tiny town on the Danube called Liebling. It was actually in present-day Romania, but the town itself was German.

Curiosity aside, your studio is gorgeous! I love that minty green lamp.
    Katie´s last blog post ..Three Things

11. juliet commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 8:09pm

Where did you get that hot pink hanging light? I saw one not long ago and LOVE them!

12. susan commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 8:37pm

Love your blog & book–read them often and they are incredibly inspiring. but these photos are so nice & lovely! I like to see photos of people’s real homes. I esp. love those ikea drawers you show in one pic (and i remember you showed them once before) and I can’t find them on the web site. I have seen them in the store once but now I”m thinking they might fit in my house….would you mind giving me the name if you know?

…..and I’m getting linen today to make your lovely, simple mood board! absolutely love that!! thank you for showing how to make it!

(my first time commenting)

13. decor8 commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 10:04pm

@Susan – That was a limited edition cabinet so I think it’s gone. :(

14. decor8 commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 10:05pm

@Juliet – the cord is from a shop in hannover called sommerflugl it’s by rie elise larson and the wire shade in white is from house doctor.

15. decor8 commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 10:06pm

@Katie – Liebling means favorite so it’s a readers favorites award for Myself magazine.

16. Allison commented
    October 11th, 2011 at 11:00pm

Congratulations Holly, on your nomination. What an inspiration your work space is! It is no wonder you are just living and loving what you are doing.

17. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 2:15am

Well, first of all….you look absolutely GORGEOUS! :) So beautiful and I love that dress and those pink tights! So perfect…your home looks beautiful as well hunnie and I am so glad you had such a great time! What an amazing experience! SO much fun!
    xoxo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap & Chic

18. Ashley@marriedlane commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 3:12am

I love that blue patterned chair at your desk! The print is adorable and I love how it goes with the lamp shade.
    Ashley@marriedlane´s last blog post ..no hands

19. Serena {Pretty Fluffy} commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 4:27am

I love how creative your workspace is. Every details says ‘Holly’. Just beautiful. And congrats on the award!! :)
    Serena {Pretty Fluffy}´s last blog post ..Scout & Zoe’s Allergy Free Chews

20. juliet commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 4:29am

Thanks!!!

21. Nuit commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 4:51am

luvs it!!!!!!!!!!! every single corner is so pretty, congrats Holly!!! have fun on the red carpet ;)
    Nuit´s last blog post ..Dutch colonial beauty

22. Trina : la la Lovely commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 5:21am

I am pretty sure I NEED pink tights now….love your outfit, Holly (and your office too, of course- feeling so inspired!)
    xo Trina
    Trina : la la Lovely´s last blog post ..Candy Cake 3.0

23. fenny setiawan commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 7:55am

You look great Holly. I love your hot pink tights +grey dress = Gorgeous.
    I wish you good luck with the award. Voted for you previously :)
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..natural linen table setting

24. Haust commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 10:35am

I love your work space! So inspiring…

25. Monica Lee commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 3:29pm

That is just so exciting! We are routing for you, Holly!
    Monica Lee´s last blog post ..A welcome winter debut!

26. April (iam_artisan) commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 6:15pm

I had fun looking at your studio… I hope you’d hare more photos of it… :)
    April (iam_artisan)´s last blog post ..DIY: Business Cards and Leaflets

27. Wrenaissance Art commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 6:29pm

Congrats on the award nomination and film!
    Is that Ant-style chair upholstered with cushioning, or simply slipcovered?
    Wrenaissance Art´s last blog post ..30 Leaves, 30 Days: Tuesday, October 11—Brazilian Pipeweed

28. elisa commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 7:37pm

how great holly, congratulations! my grandmother used to call us all ‘liebling.’ i’m envious of you going to munich! i studied art there and i love it, the museums and cycling and parks and cafés. your studio looks wonderful, i’m putting mine together so it is great to get ideas. x

29. caitlin of wanderlustings commented
    October 12th, 2011 at 7:52pm

Congrats Holly! That’s so exciting!

By the way, can you please tell me where you picked up that amazing porcelain vase with the Victorian girl on it and the blue china print? It is to die for!!

30. Gina commented
    October 13th, 2011 at 12:03am

Hello! LOVELY Studio! I am thrilled to be able to see where you work each day. It’s very inspiring. One thing I was particularly interested in was your white writing desk. I like it very much and was wondering where you purchased it? I’ve been searching for one similar. It’s really nice. Thanks for sharing!

31. anastasia commented
    October 14th, 2011 at 1:02pm

your studio looks great Holly!! i hope you can share more of this video they shot?? you look gorgeous…keep smiling!

32. Desha commented
    October 14th, 2011 at 9:03pm

Can’t wait to see the video, I hope you post it when it’s ready!
    Desha´s last blog post ..We did it!

33. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    October 15th, 2011 at 6:07am

Holly, you look stunning! I am so very happy for you!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Andrew + Laura {Day 3}

34. Kate commented
    October 15th, 2011 at 3:00pm

Congratulations on the nomination! Your workspace is really beautiful, it looks so calm and relaxing : )
    Kate´s last blog post ..This weekend I will be…..

35. Three Sixty Thinking commented
    October 17th, 2011 at 4:08pm

fab studio, inspiring pics and loving the grey and hot pink oufit! x

36. BODIE and FOU commented
    October 18th, 2011 at 9:45pm

Congratulations! These images are gorgeous! Love your moodboard on the wall and your tights!! Stunning! bises