New! Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Yes, I know… I’ve been a bit on a pillow kick lately. Today I heard from interior and textiles designer (and blogger) Caitlin Wilson who told me all about her new fabric and pillow line under the brand Caitlin Wilson Textiles and I went a bit bonkers. Not only because they are gorgeous and totally versatile and can fit nearly any style – love that – but because Caitlin turned her frustration into a business and I’m always so energized by stories like hers (more about that below). But first, aren’t these patterns and colors so fresh and gorgeous?

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Caitlin launched her design practice, Caitlin Wilson Design, in 2007 and has been designing spaces from San Francisco to the Cayman Islands every since with her work appearing in top magazines and books. Here is a glimpse from her design portfolio that covers every style from African to Eclectic and beyond… If you’d like to view more, her entire portfolio can be viewed here.

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Blue + Orange = great color combo!

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Geometric neutrals in a kitchen adds class.

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

A touch of ethnic pattern makes this kitchen a bit more playful.

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Pear + lilac work beautifully together in a nursery.

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Add some bright violets to punch up a pastel palette.

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Black, white and goldenrod with a little blue and a lot of pattern. Perfect!

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

This art display really works – I love how close the bottom picture is to the floor – fantastic!

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

An all white kitchen gets a dress touch with bold pink as an accent through tea towels and a simple floral arrangement. Budget decorating!

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

As she designed all of the spaces that you see above, you can imagine she had to dig through a lot of resources to find the gorgeous things that she used to decorate and layer each room. In the process though, Caitlin found a void in the market when it comes to colorful patterns at an affordable price point so she decided to give her own brand a try and design what she felt was missing. Instead of simply living frustrated like so many, complaining about what they cannot have or find, she decided to create it herself. You go, Caitlin! Now she has these beautiful textiles that you see shown below (and many more right here) that you can order and enjoy in your own home. Yum!

Caitlin Wilson Textiles

In her online shop, you can purchase fabric by the yard and pillow covers. Try the fabric to upholster chairs, a headboard or to make a duvet for your bed. I personally love her collection and hope that you do too!

(images: caitlin wilson)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on October 24, 2011

1. tinajo commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:24pm

Great patterns on these – love them! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Blueberry Boy

2. Rebecca commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:30pm

I totally agree! These cushions are so simple in pattern but look fab when all combined together. My faves are the plain coloured with the white border, classic x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..littletree visits…Power of Making at the V&A

3. Heather commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:30pm

I know! So excited…I’ve been waiting for her line to launch, and I just ordered some fabric!
    Heather´s last blog post ..Casual Dining

4. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:37pm

Wow, brilliant inspiration!

Gorgeous designs too- I love the pattern work.
    Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!´s last blog post ..Abstract Tattoos by Amanda Wachob

5. Erin commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:49pm

Stunning! So much inspiration here! Thanks!

6. Kristine {In Love, Engaged} commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 9:52pm

These textiles are amazing! I love the pillows–and all the mix-and-match possibilities.

7. Siobhan commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 10:07pm

Absolutely stunning designs!

8. Kristina Gulino commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 10:44pm

Love that white kitchen with the orange patterned bowls! Great post.

Kristina
    Something 2 Write About
    Kristina Gulino´s last blog post ..palm springs

9. Kristin Johnsen commented
    October 24th, 2011 at 10:47pm

I LOVE the pear and lilac nursery – such pretty colors together and so NOT blue or pink!!!! Thanks for sharing – Kristin
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..Finally – something down on paper!

10. Natasha Williams commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 12:13am

Such beautiful fabrics!
    Natasha Williams´s last blog post ..Hot off the Press

11. Laura {The Embellished Nest} commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 2:12am

Wow these fabrics are gorgeous! I think I might have to get some of that fabric!
    Laura {The Embellished Nest}´s last blog post ..Chic Painted Pencil Case

12. Elizabeth Caldwell commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 2:59am

OMG! I am DROOLING over these!! I absolutely ADORE the nursery!
    Elizabeth Caldwell´s last blog post ..My first magazine feature! – Flow Magazine

13. Laura Gaskill commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 3:52am

Yum! I’ve been keeping an eye out for a few fresh new printed cushions for my dark sofa, and great ones that don’t cost a complete fortune ARE surprisingly hard to find. So nice to see she’s doing fabrics by the yard as well, I’ll definitely keep her site bookmarked in case home crafting inspiration strikes this winter! :)
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Holiday Ads: *Special Penny-Pinching Package*

14. Imke commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 10:01pm

Wow – these fabrics are gorgeous!!!

15. Genelle commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 4:12am

Pear and lilac!?! OMG! I love both colors and now I’m thinking I might decorate a room w/ them. Thanks for the idea!

16. Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles commented
    October 27th, 2011 at 7:36pm

I am so happy to see such beautiful fabrics at great prices! I love her work and will surely be shopping from her site soon! Thanks for sharing!
    Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles´s last blog post ..Boot Loot 2011

17. Carly {xoxo teacherista} commented
    November 3rd, 2011 at 11:30pm

Simply stunning…how do I even begin to choose?!

18. Suzie commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 10:13pm

Does anyone know where one can get one’s hands on those fabrics featured in the nursery? I couldn’t find them on Caitlin’s website.

19. kat cameron commented
    November 9th, 2011 at 5:06am

They are gorgeous! i’m loving the last photo and colour combo.
    kat cameron´s last blog post ..Official launch of Rabbit and Cocoon

20. Vera commented
    November 5th, 2012 at 8:29am

I LOVE all of the colours and patterns, and particularly how the geometric pillows contrast the ornate oil painting. Beautiful!
    Vera´s last blog post ..Modern Tradition