Megan Park Home

Oh dear, this is truly a rabbit hole that I’ve slipped into with pillows! I’m falling deeper and deeper into it and am unsure if I’ll surface anytime soon so please don’t mind me if I post about pillows yet again. I think it’s a nesting instinct for me that comes very naturally in the Autumn when my decorating wheels are spinning and all I want to do is redecorate, move my furniture around and “warm up” my space for the cooler months with wool rugs, throws, velvets, leathers, candles and oh yes, throw pillows. They are the easiest way to breath life into nearly any room and for me, one can never have enough. For the men out there who endure our pillow obsession, you are very kind to indulge us. Which leads me to ask, just why do men think throw pillows are so useless? Inquiring minds want to know… Back yes, back to my obsession with the throw pillow. This time, let us gaze upon the soft and sumptuous beauties from Megan Park Home.

Megan Park Home

I love the embroidered details, such a hot trend too! The homemade/homespun style is so big that you notice it in nearly every market from the home to fashion, accessories, even packaging with lots of fonts that look like handwriting or in packaging that was factory-born but still looks a bit handmade. I personally love the trend and enjoy seeing how much influence the independent handmade movement has had on mainstream design with a big thanks to blogs and the internet for making it so viral and allowing the indie movement to spread so quickly and influence so many. It’s something to be proud of! But back to Megan Park Home… Oh, the beauty that can be found in her various collections is truly inspiring. But first, do you know much about the lady behind the label?

Megan Park Home

My, my, my… I want the paper lamp on the wall and the white paper birds, all of the cushions and of course, the chandelier. Isn’t this a pretty space?

“Renowned for her artisan’s touch, Megan Park creates a collection that mixes the ancient traditions and craft of hand embroidery with the cuts, shapes and fabrics of today to create heirlooms of the future. Australian-born Megan Park studied fashion design at RMIT, and upon leaving college began work as a textile designer in Melbourne. In 1993 she moved to London to begin designing textiles for a well-respected agency working for the likes of Givenchy, Dries van Noten and Kenzo. In 1997, Megan launched her own label in London with an eponymous collection of evening bags and scarves, which has now grown to include womenswear and accessories collections, as well as Megan Park Girl and Megan Park Home (a soft furnishings home collection). Having established her reputation Internationally, in 2004 Megan followed her heart back to Australia, which is now where she and her team are based.” My goodness, this lady is a creative dynamo!

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

I love that each item in her collection is exclusive being both designed and developed in-house with fabrics hand-dyed, motifs hand blocked or hand screen-printed, colors applied by experts who carefully ensure they are pure and consistent, and embroidery hand applied using the zardosi and ari traditional styles which incorporate beads, crystals, stones and sequins (my favorite, I’m a huge sequin fan!). Have you seen her Fall 2011 collection, it’s my favorite!

(images: megan park home)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on October 25, 2011

1. tinajo commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 1:05pm

Oh help – these are all gorgeous and beautiful, I want them all! Why did you do this to me – how will I get a bunch of these to Sweden?! *Sob*
    :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Tuesdays around the world!

2. decor8 commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 1:10pm

@Tinajo – Check out their stocklists on their website or write to them and see if you can buy JUST the covers and have them shipped to you.

3. Allison Egan commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 1:11pm

Just gorgeous! I love their detailing and how they look a bit antique and collected not shiny and new. Beautiful color hues too!

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    Allison Egan´s last blog post ..A Quick History: Turquoise Ceramics!

4. Joanne Palmisano commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 1:12pm

I agree, pillows, pillows, pillows. Love these Megan Park Home pillows. Thank you for sharing them — it is so nice to see the artisan movement and attention to detail is so appreciate and well-received! O.K. in LOVE with the gray blanket with cream embroidery. I’ll be dreaming about that tonight.

5. Monica Lee commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 2:22pm

I love the handmade look that you are talking about and these pillows really take it up a notch! I LOVE these textiles!! And living in a house full of boys/almost men I don’t think they get pillows expect when used for napping.
    Monica Lee´s last blog post ..The Neighborhood by Monica Lee

6. Leigh Bowness commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 3:09pm

The paper lamp on the wall is called ‘Semi Drum’. It is one of 50 designs from the Wallpaper collection by Deborah Bowness. All of Deborah’s wallpapers are hand made in England and available to buy at NK Inredning Stockholm.

7. Jill commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 3:47pm

I want the chair!

8. Rebecca commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 4:11pm

Oh my! More beautiful cushions! Im going to have to stop visiting your blog otherwise il buy so many cushions there will be more cushions than sofa!x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..beautiful books…A Child’s Garden of Verses

9. nichole commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 4:28pm

I’m holding you responsible for the stack of pillows I’m about to buy. Perhaps Evan will want to have a word with you!
    nichole´s last blog post ..More Postcards!

10. Marie commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 5:26pm

delicate, intricate and stunning! Great find!

11. carrie leber commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 6:00pm

love the eclectic colors of these – my pillows are all so matchy matchy – this gives me some great ideas.
    carrie leber´s last blog post ..Plug in Your Glue Guns ~ Mad Fashion is On Tonight

12. JEN commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 6:11pm

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE! These are super pretty! :)
    JEN´s last blog post ..Pinterest Interest….

13. Jen from insideways commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 6:47pm

I have a throw pillow addiction too… every time I go to a store that sells them my boyfriend groans! I have rules to control it though…
    1. If it’s more than $30 I have to wait to be sure I love it
    2. If I can make it myself I don’t buy it
    I’m sitting on a couch amongst 6 right now :)
    Jen from insideways´s last blog post ..Architectural Salvage of San Diego

14. Leigh Bowness commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 7:05pm

For stockists of Deborah’s wallpapers in other countries, visit the contacts page on our website http://www.deborahbowness.com or buy from us directly.

15. Happy Wife commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 7:52pm

I’ve been drawn to all things embroidery lately! It always adds the perfect extra touch so delicately… and… pillows are a weakness of mine. If I could switch pillows out on a regular basis it would be done in a heart beat. For now I’ll swap them room to room… and maybe someday I’ll have a closet filled with them ;)
    Happy Wife´s last blog post ..Wonderful Fall Day!

16. Iris commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 9:45pm

The pillows are just lovely, and I also like seeing that incredible thread chair here. It creates a great contrast!
    x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Jennifer Collier

17. Susie Stuart commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 10:26pm

I’m in love with pillows

18. Ann commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 10:40pm

Is that a collection of Penguin paperbacks in the first photo? What a nice touch! The pillows are beautiful, too.

19. Karen commented
    October 25th, 2011 at 11:22pm

Dont apologize for posting about gorgeous pillows! I can’t get enough of them either. I especially love all the detail and color on these pillows today. Definitely these are Pinterest worthy. Thanks!
    Karen´s last blog post ..Friday Redoux Link Up Party #26 and "les préférés"!

20. inspir@lia commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 12:27am

I’m so happy to see that I’m not the only one who feels this way about cushions! Seriously, as soon as I saw that first pic my heart started racing! My husband is starting to get used to my cushion obsession. Well, maybe he’s not getting used to it, but at least now we don’t have a full-blown argument about the functionality and usefulness of cushions every time I bring a new one home. Now he just rolls his eyes to heaven and asks how much it cost!

21. Val commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 1:08am

I love the pillows , the chair but my favorite the chaise longue. So comic I just come from leaving a coment to one of daily blog reads that post the house of a spaniard stylist . And in the second photo she has the same chaise longue. I even had to go back to her blog to see if you were talking of the same house . No… two different houses. I really love that chaise longue it bring me nostalgia . All my chilhood I saw it in my house but at that time did not like it at all.
    saludos
    Val/senseandgrace
    Val´s last blog post ..Tintin

22. Sara commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 1:34am

I’m completely obsessed with pillows, too. These are gorgeous!

23. Julie the Alkaline Sister commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 2:21am

Absolutely no apology what-so-ever is needed as all the pillows have been stunning and a complete and utter pleasure to peruse! Thank you so kindly for sharing and inspiring. One can never EVER have too many pillows!
    Julie the Alkaline Sister´s last blog post ..Hearty Vegetable Soup w/ Quick, Easy Veggie Broth-What’s so bad about fruit juice?

24. Kshoo Design commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 4:46am

Loving the pillow colors!

25. Amanda (Wit and Whistle) commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 6:00am

“…just why do men think throw pillows are so useless?” Yes, I want to know why too! My husband pitches a fit every time I bring a new one home haha!

26. FrauSchmitt commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 9:46am

Those pillows are uncomparably beautiful. Love them all! Thanks for sharing.
    FrauSchmitt´s last blog post ..Herbstlich…

27. Fiffiga Systrar commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 10:23am

Beautiful pillows! Bautiful beautiful pillows! We ant everyone of them!

Have a nice day and hank you for great inspiration!

Love Emelie & Elin
    Fiffiga Systrar´s last blog post ..Fiffiga Systrar Tipsar – Lantliv Jul och pyssel

28. Coco commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 10:50am

I love the yellow pillow! <3
    I'm really picky on my pillows, it took me a loooong looong time to find the right pillows for my sofa. And I still have a hard time finding good, pretty looking, pillows. I recently just found 1 again. Yes, just 1. It was the right color, right design, it has to be the perfect fit into my house. And then comes the cost of it all, the price ticket, it can't be too high for me, because i'm on a budget just like everyone of us.
    But pillows, are to me, the perfect accessories. :)

29. Jules commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 11:07am

It is far, far to easy to become obsessed with pillows and cushions. I have way more than I have room for on my chairs and beds, but yet I still YEARN for them. I have to resign myself to the fact that one can never have too many. Thanks for showing this selection, I can feel the yearning again!
    Jules

30. Eva commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 12:12pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely! :-) I’m feeling “pillows” right now, too. I agree with you that it’s probably a combination of wanting to redecorate at the change of the season and the need for warmth and comfort.

And yes, I’ve wondered about that guy phenomenon, too! :-D I think in the case of my husband it’s that he doesn’t like a overly cluttered look/sofa, that pillows make him think “grandma” and that he doesn’t get spending money on something that in his eyes is purely decoration. The sofa is already upholstered, after all … ;-) :-D
    Eva´s last blog post ..fall magazine inspiration

31. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 1:09pm

he he more cushions!!! bring them all, I am glad that the handmade concept is becaming more popular and people start to appreciate more and more how much work, care and love goes into making these products.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..The gorgeous English countryside and a fairy tale wedding…

32. Wendy commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Don’t apologize for pillows! Keep ‘em coming! :-)
    Wendy´s last blog post ..All Hallow’s Read

33. Lane commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 5:54pm

Do you have any details about that amazing chair? The one that looks like it was woven? Love it.

34. Chrystina commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 6:14pm

Those pillows are awesome! I want them all.

35. cecilia commented
    October 26th, 2011 at 8:11pm

Love the pillows – Holly you should be a buyer for Anthropologie – or better yet, open up that store you were talking about!
    Val- I love the Marcel Wanders Knotted Chair in the photos (a couple of times too – like the chaise lounge).

36. Christy commented
    October 27th, 2011 at 7:46am

Those pillows are so lovely! But I must confess, whenever I see a chair or lounge piled high with pillows, I have an urge to knock them all on the floor. Which is where all decorative pillows end up at my house. I love them, but I have no idea how to live with them!
    Christy´s last blog post ..A Little Control (blogtoberfest day 26)

37. Tamara commented
    October 27th, 2011 at 12:15pm

I believe Jo Neville from ‘Paper Couture’ (Sydney, Australia) makes the paper bird garlands. I saw several of these garlands in her old Paddington store, but she has moved since then. She has a website under development http://www.papercouture.net.au/
    Tamara´s last blog post ..PDF Instructions for DIY Halloween Candelabra paper sculpture

38. Lauren commented
    October 28th, 2011 at 4:57pm

Fall makes me long for throw pillows too! I’ve been sewing Christmas ones all week and getting super excited about the growing pile!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..the view from my ironing board

39. Rachel @ Fresh Design commented
    October 28th, 2011 at 6:49pm

I have a serious weakness for cushions….and so many of those are utterly gorgeous! Love the fabrics and designs.
    Rachel @ Fresh Design´s last blog post ..Samsung G Series RFG23DERS three door refridgerator

40. Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor commented
    October 28th, 2011 at 8:52pm

I just loved looking at all the throw pillows. I love throw pillows, and always bring different ones out on certain seasons of the year. You are right about men not seeing the use of them. For some reason they think they are in the way.

41. kalanicut commented
    October 28th, 2011 at 9:14pm

Holly, this is very troublesome collection you’ve pulled together here. TOO beautiful. Good grief! I am not going anywhere near a shop that sells pillows this weekend or things might end of very beautiful and yet fiscally disastrous. ;) Have a great weekend!
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..The Patient Man & The Wedding Vendor Extravaganza

42. donna commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 5:39am

hi everyone! has anyone tracked these down in the states? i went to her website and cliked on all the stores that carry her pillows and i could only find one that had a few black/white pillows. unfortuantly that’s not the right color scheme. let me know where i can get these! pretty pillow please!

43. LanM commented
    November 2nd, 2011 at 3:08am

The embroidery patterns are so beautiful!!! >___< Help

44. Kate commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 11:52am

The lampshade wallpaper is Deborah Bowness’ Salvage. Here’s the link http://www.deborahbowness.com/utility20001.html