Megan Park Home

October 25, 2011

Oh dear, this is truly a rabbit hole that I’ve slipped into with pillows! I’m falling deeper and deeper into it and am unsure if I’ll surface anytime soon so please don’t mind me if I post about pillows yet again. I think it’s a nesting instinct for me that comes very naturally in the Autumn when my decorating wheels are spinning and all I want to do is redecorate, move my furniture around and “warm up” my space for the cooler months with wool rugs, throws, velvets, leathers, candles and oh yes, throw pillows. They are the easiest way to breath life into nearly any room and for me, one can never have enough. For the men out there who endure our pillow obsession, you are very kind to indulge us. Which leads me to ask, just why do men think throw pillows are so useless? Inquiring minds want to know… Back yes, back to my obsession with the throw pillow. This time, let us gaze upon the soft and sumptuous beauties from Megan Park Home.

Megan Park Home

I love the embroidered details, such a hot trend too! The homemade/homespun style is so big that you notice it in nearly every market from the home to fashion, accessories, even packaging with lots of fonts that look like handwriting or in packaging that was factory-born but still looks a bit handmade. I personally love the trend and enjoy seeing how much influence the independent handmade movement has had on mainstream design with a big thanks to blogs and the internet for making it so viral and allowing the indie movement to spread so quickly and influence so many. It’s something to be proud of! But back to Megan Park Home… Oh, the beauty that can be found in her various collections is truly inspiring. But first, do you know much about the lady behind the label?

Megan Park Home

My, my, my… I want the paper lamp on the wall and the white paper birds, all of the cushions and of course, the chandelier. Isn’t this a pretty space?

“Renowned for her artisan’s touch, Megan Park creates a collection that mixes the ancient traditions and craft of hand embroidery with the cuts, shapes and fabrics of today to create heirlooms of the future. Australian-born Megan Park studied fashion design at RMIT, and upon leaving college began work as a textile designer in Melbourne. In 1993 she moved to London to begin designing textiles for a well-respected agency working for the likes of Givenchy, Dries van Noten and Kenzo. In 1997, Megan launched her own label in London with an eponymous collection of evening bags and scarves, which has now grown to include womenswear and accessories collections, as well as Megan Park Girl and Megan Park Home (a soft furnishings home collection). Having established her reputation Internationally, in 2004 Megan followed her heart back to Australia, which is now where she and her team are based.” My goodness, this lady is a creative dynamo!

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

Megan Park Home

I love that each item in her collection is exclusive being both designed and developed in-house with fabrics hand-dyed, motifs hand blocked or hand screen-printed, colors applied by experts who carefully ensure they are pure and consistent, and embroidery hand applied using the zardosi and ari traditional styles which incorporate beads, crystals, stones and sequins (my favorite, I’m a huge sequin fan!). Have you seen her Fall 2011 collection, it’s my favorite!

(images: megan park home)

You Might Also Like

• Reply tinajo October 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Oh help – these are all gorgeous and beautiful, I want them all! Why did you do this to me – how will I get a bunch of these to Sweden?! *Sob*

• Reply decor8 October 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm

@Tinajo – Check out their stocklists on their website or write to them and see if you can buy JUST the covers and have them shipped to you.

• Reply Allison Egan October 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Just gorgeous! I love their detailing and how they look a bit antique and collected not shiny and new. Beautiful color hues too!

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

• Reply Joanne Palmisano October 25, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I agree, pillows, pillows, pillows. Love these Megan Park Home pillows. Thank you for sharing them — it is so nice to see the artisan movement and attention to detail is so appreciate and well-received! O.K. in LOVE with the gray blanket with cream embroidery. I’ll be dreaming about that tonight.

• Reply Monica Lee October 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I love the handmade look that you are talking about and these pillows really take it up a notch! I LOVE these textiles!! And living in a house full of boys/almost men I don’t think they get pillows expect when used for napping.

• Reply Leigh Bowness October 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm

The paper lamp on the wall is called ‘Semi Drum’. It is one of 50 designs from the Wallpaper collection by Deborah Bowness. All of Deborah’s wallpapers are hand made in England and available to buy at NK Inredning Stockholm.

• Reply Jill October 25, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I want the chair!

• Reply Rebecca October 25, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Oh my! More beautiful cushions! Im going to have to stop visiting your blog otherwise il buy so many cushions there will be more cushions than sofa!x

• Reply nichole October 25, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I’m holding you responsible for the stack of pillows I’m about to buy. Perhaps Evan will want to have a word with you!

• Reply Marie October 25, 2011 at 5:26 pm

delicate, intricate and stunning! Great find!

• Reply carrie leber October 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm

love the eclectic colors of these – my pillows are all so matchy matchy – this gives me some great ideas.

• Reply JEN October 25, 2011 at 6:11 pm

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE! These are super pretty! :)

• Reply Jen from insideways October 25, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I have a throw pillow addiction too… every time I go to a store that sells them my boyfriend groans! I have rules to control it though…
    1. If it’s more than $30 I have to wait to be sure I love it
    2. If I can make it myself I don’t buy it
    I’m sitting on a couch amongst 6 right now :)

• Reply Leigh Bowness October 25, 2011 at 7:05 pm

For stockists of Deborah’s wallpapers in other countries, visit the contacts page on our website http://www.deborahbowness.com or buy from us directly.

• Reply Happy Wife October 25, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I’ve been drawn to all things embroidery lately! It always adds the perfect extra touch so delicately… and… pillows are a weakness of mine. If I could switch pillows out on a regular basis it would be done in a heart beat. For now I’ll swap them room to room… and maybe someday I’ll have a closet filled with them ;)

• Reply Iris October 25, 2011 at 9:45 pm

The pillows are just lovely, and I also like seeing that incredible thread chair here. It creates a great contrast!
    x Iris

• Reply Susie Stuart October 25, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I’m in love with pillows

• Reply Ann October 25, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Is that a collection of Penguin paperbacks in the first photo? What a nice touch! The pillows are beautiful, too.

• Reply Karen October 25, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Dont apologize for posting about gorgeous pillows! I can’t get enough of them either. I especially love all the detail and color on these pillows today. Definitely these are Pinterest worthy. Thanks!

• Reply inspir@lia October 26, 2011 at 12:27 am

I’m so happy to see that I’m not the only one who feels this way about cushions! Seriously, as soon as I saw that first pic my heart started racing! My husband is starting to get used to my cushion obsession. Well, maybe he’s not getting used to it, but at least now we don’t have a full-blown argument about the functionality and usefulness of cushions every time I bring a new one home. Now he just rolls his eyes to heaven and asks how much it cost!

• Reply Val October 26, 2011 at 1:08 am

I love the pillows , the chair but my favorite the chaise longue. So comic I just come from leaving a coment to one of daily blog reads that post the house of a spaniard stylist . And in the second photo she has the same chaise longue. I even had to go back to her blog to see if you were talking of the same house . No… two different houses. I really love that chaise longue it bring me nostalgia . All my chilhood I saw it in my house but at that time did not like it at all.

• Reply Sara October 26, 2011 at 1:34 am

I’m completely obsessed with pillows, too. These are gorgeous!

• Reply Julie the Alkaline Sister October 26, 2011 at 2:21 am

Absolutely no apology what-so-ever is needed as all the pillows have been stunning and a complete and utter pleasure to peruse! Thank you so kindly for sharing and inspiring. One can never EVER have too many pillows!

• Reply Kshoo Design October 26, 2011 at 4:46 am

Loving the pillow colors!

• Reply Amanda (Wit and Whistle) October 26, 2011 at 6:00 am

“…just why do men think throw pillows are so useless?” Yes, I want to know why too! My husband pitches a fit every time I bring a new one home haha!

• Reply FrauSchmitt October 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

Those pillows are uncomparably beautiful. Love them all! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Fiffiga Systrar October 26, 2011 at 10:23 am

Beautiful pillows! Bautiful beautiful pillows! We ant everyone of them!

Have a nice day and hank you for great inspiration!

Love Emelie & Elin

• Reply Coco October 26, 2011 at 10:50 am

I love the yellow pillow! <3
    I'm really picky on my pillows, it took me a loooong looong time to find the right pillows for my sofa. And I still have a hard time finding good, pretty looking, pillows. I recently just found 1 again. Yes, just 1. It was the right color, right design, it has to be the perfect fit into my house. And then comes the cost of it all, the price ticket, it can't be too high for me, because i'm on a budget just like everyone of us.
    But pillows, are to me, the perfect accessories. :)

• Reply Jules October 26, 2011 at 11:07 am

It is far, far to easy to become obsessed with pillows and cushions. I have way more than I have room for on my chairs and beds, but yet I still YEARN for them. I have to resign myself to the fact that one can never have too many. Thanks for showing this selection, I can feel the yearning again!

• Reply Eva October 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely! :-) I’m feeling “pillows” right now, too. I agree with you that it’s probably a combination of wanting to redecorate at the change of the season and the need for warmth and comfort.

And yes, I’ve wondered about that guy phenomenon, too! :-D I think in the case of my husband it’s that he doesn’t like a overly cluttered look/sofa, that pillows make him think “grandma” and that he doesn’t get spending money on something that in his eyes is purely decoration. The sofa is already upholstered, after all … ;-) :-D

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo October 26, 2011 at 1:09 pm

he he more cushions!!! bring them all, I am glad that the handmade concept is becaming more popular and people start to appreciate more and more how much work, care and love goes into making these products.

• Reply Wendy October 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Don’t apologize for pillows! Keep ’em coming! :-)

• Reply Lane October 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Do you have any details about that amazing chair? The one that looks like it was woven? Love it.

• Reply Chrystina October 26, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Those pillows are awesome! I want them all.

• Reply cecilia October 26, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Love the pillows – Holly you should be a buyer for Anthropologie – or better yet, open up that store you were talking about!
    Val- I love the Marcel Wanders Knotted Chair in the photos (a couple of times too – like the chaise lounge).

• Reply Christy October 27, 2011 at 7:46 am

Those pillows are so lovely! But I must confess, whenever I see a chair or lounge piled high with pillows, I have an urge to knock them all on the floor. Which is where all decorative pillows end up at my house. I love them, but I have no idea how to live with them!

• Reply Tamara October 27, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I believe Jo Neville from ‘Paper Couture’ (Sydney, Australia) makes the paper bird garlands. I saw several of these garlands in her old Paddington store, but she has moved since then. She has a website under development http://www.papercouture.net.au/

• Reply Lauren October 28, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Fall makes me long for throw pillows too! I’ve been sewing Christmas ones all week and getting super excited about the growing pile!

• Reply Rachel @ Fresh Design October 28, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I have a serious weakness for cushions….and so many of those are utterly gorgeous! Love the fabrics and designs.

• Reply Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor October 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I just loved looking at all the throw pillows. I love throw pillows, and always bring different ones out on certain seasons of the year. You are right about men not seeing the use of them. For some reason they think they are in the way.

• Reply kalanicut October 28, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Holly, this is very troublesome collection you’ve pulled together here. TOO beautiful. Good grief! I am not going anywhere near a shop that sells pillows this weekend or things might end of very beautiful and yet fiscally disastrous. ;) Have a great weekend!

• Reply donna October 31, 2011 at 5:39 am

hi everyone! has anyone tracked these down in the states? i went to her website and cliked on all the stores that carry her pillows and i could only find one that had a few black/white pillows. unfortuantly that’s not the right color scheme. let me know where i can get these! pretty pillow please!

• Reply LanM November 2, 2011 at 3:08 am

The embroidery patterns are so beautiful!!! >___< Help

• Reply Kate November 17, 2011 at 11:52 am

The lampshade wallpaper is Deborah Bowness’ Salvage. Here’s the link http://www.deborahbowness.com/utility20001.html