Berlin Blogger’s Meetup + Book Party!

I’m so excited to invite you all to a PARTY at the Soho House in BERLIN on Saturday, November 12, 2011 – in just TWO WEEKS! Here are all of the details below…

You're Invited!

With Brigitte magazine as the official sponsor along with Callwey, Etsy, Dialogue Books and of course, yours truly… This will be a lovely day!

Who is speaking?

ME! I’ll share my story from the very beginning – way before blogging, then I’ll talk about how blogging changed my life, how my book came about, the inspiration behind it and then I’ll give tips on how budding authors can communicate their vision to their publisher in a professional manner and how to be taken seriously when you do! I’ll also discuss some ideas for promoting yourself – whether it’s a book, blog, your shop, etc.!

Stefanie Luxat, Brigitte managing editor, will discuss how Germany’s top lifestyle magazine, Brigitte, has embraced the world of blogging and what they are doing to promote them. She’ll also talk about how you can get YOUR work into the big print magazines from how to approach editors to what they are looking for, along with lots of great tips and tricks.

Caroline Ditting from my German publisher, Callwey Verlag, will talk about book writing and publishing, how to get your book idea in front of a publisher, what works, what doesn’t and more!

Matthew Stinchcomb, the European Director of Etsy.com (they have over 9 million members worldwide) who is originally from Brooklyn (his former roommate founded the company) but now Matthew lives and works in Berlin with his wife and baby boy. He’ll talk about everything from building your brand online to how to sell your products through sites like Etsy, how to become part of an online community and why community matters, and more. Matthew feels strongly about connecting humans first and commerce second. I am a huge fan of this way of thinking and can’t wait to hear him speak — he is so passionate on topics relating to independent design and small business.

If you are attending this event, PLEASE help us make it a success by doing two things, the first is the most important:

1. RSVP by November 7th so you are guaranteed a seat, a goody bag and your food & drinks. You can RSVP by sending an email to rsvp [at] decor8blog [dot] com

2. Email me with any questions (rsvp [at] decor8blog [dot] com) that you have for the speakers above so I can make sure we address your questions during the event. We want to make sure the audience gets the most out of being part of this meetup!

and… if you want to spread the word about the event on your blogs, we’d like that very much! You can post the graphic above and link back to this post, that would be great. You can also use the little graphics below on your blogs if you are attending this event. Again, please link it to this post so people know what the little graphic means! :)

Drag and drop any of these below and link to: http://decor8blog.com/2011/10/29/berlin-party

See you in Berlin on November 12th everyone! :)

(graphics created by tara hogan from ink + wit)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on October 29, 2011

1. tinajo commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 12:20pm

I´m sure it will be great! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..First Christmas shopping…

2. Lisbeth commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 12:31pm

GOOD LUCK with the event! //Lisbeth
    Lisbeth´s last blog post ..Getting in the mood for Winter

3. Lisbeth commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 1:18pm

Good luck with the event!! //Lisbeth
    Lisbeth´s last blog post ..DIY – Kul inredningsidéer från Ikea

4. Lise M commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 4:34pm

Wow Holly! Sounds great! It would be lovely to meet you in Berlin. Let’s see if I can still find a cheap ticket online:-) XO
    Lise M´s last blog post ..SMALL SWEDISH STYLE

5. decor8 commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 4:42pm

Lise – I was JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU… I’m going to send you an email!!!

6. Nadja commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 7:21pm

Hey Holly that sounds great! looking forward to the Party :-)
    Nadja´s last blog post ..video tutorials – die Videos für die Nähpakete sind online

7. Lolo commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 10:15pm

Amazing! I’m coming. I don’t speak German unfortunately but I look forward to the English parts and meeting new people.
    What time does it start/end?

Thanks!
    Lolo´s last blog post ..Grim up North.

8. Vikie commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 10:30pm

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii so good
    Well in German, because it’s better for me (I’m french)
    Ich bin in Berlin für 2 Wochen, das ist wunderschön. Ich screibe diese Datum und wunsche sie treffen. Ich warte noch, ich weiss noch nicht mein Plannung…. Das ist super, ich bin wirklich froh ^^

9. Jenni commented
    October 29th, 2011 at 10:44pm

So wish I could stow away to Berlin! I hope it’s divine :)

10. Eleanor commented
    October 30th, 2011 at 10:50am

Really looking forward to it!

11. Tina in Boston commented
    October 30th, 2011 at 2:34pm

Wow, Holly! You are an internation sensation. This event sounds great. Those lucky Berliners! Wish I could fly to Germany. Good luck with the event and congratulations on everything!
    Tina in Boston´s last blog post ..Bloggers’ Quilt Festival

12. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! commented
    October 30th, 2011 at 7:07pm

Good luck with the event! One day I will just be able to hop on an Easyjet flight on a whim!
    Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!´s last blog post ..Sunday Space- A Cosy Trailer

13. fenny setiawan commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 3:05am

Another great meet and great party that I am gonna missed :(. All the best Holly.
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..Travel to "the Best of College Avenue" with Starlet

14. Hydi commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 11:41am

Just been in Berlin last month. Lovely city. Have fun on the Berlin-party!

15. Sylvia in Canada commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 12:51pm

I wish that I was in Berlin just now! Your event sounds wonderful. I just wanted to let you know that the link graphics aren’t appearing in Google Reader. I can see them if I open your blog in another window, so the problem must be with Reader. I haven’t started a blog yet, so I will post the link on Facebook.

16. Melanie commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 1:22pm

I DID IT! I just booked a flight and am very excited about it! This will be my first day out without kids for months! Just can’t wait to meet you and your fabulous guests, Holly!
    xoxo from Düsseldorf, Melanie

17. Igor commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 4:13pm

This will be yet another fabulous book party!! I know that! I am pretty sad I’ll miss this one but I just couldn’t find any reasonable flight offers to Berlin. Anyway, I am pretty sure we will meet up again soon, Holly!! Hugs from Munich, Igor xoxo

18. Barbara commented
    October 31st, 2011 at 6:51pm

Sounds like a great event! Good luck and enjoy!

19. Designnotebook commented
    November 1st, 2011 at 2:45pm

I’m checking tickets to Berlin at the moment as I don’t want to miss it! It sounds perfect!

20. Bine commented
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:32pm

Great Invitation, Holly!
    I just thinking about booking al flight to Berlin :-)
    Bine

21. M commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:32pm

Hi

I was just wondering if we should be getting confirmation emails or if we just needed to send the email and then show up :) Thanks and really looking forward to this

22. Stephanie commented
    November 9th, 2011 at 1:40pm

I’m all set up to come to Berlin Holly and I added the button and some news about the party to my blog yesterday! Can’t wait – sounds like an amazing event and thank you for the invitation! xo

23. Slightly Bonkers commented
    November 11th, 2011 at 9:08pm

I would love to be there however its a bit too far for me all the way from Ireland. I hope you will keep us posted on any of the sites of what is going on, if you have a lifestream, a site where we can read up any comments / interview etc. That would be really great :)

24. Fultos commented
    November 18th, 2011 at 1:17pm

Really its very amazing blog, It was lovely to meet you in Berlin..

25. Hatice commented
    October 23rd, 2012 at 9:26pm

Hi Holly,

I live in Germany and barely speak German,

But the dates you mentioned are the ones I am not in Germany,

I know some day we are going to meet,

May be we will meet you at my favorite store of all times (Anthropologie ) May be in New York or in London or…

So looking forward to it ( and Hope it will be in Frankfurt am Main :)

Anybody from Frankfurt? I will love to meet you :)

Hugs,