Bloggers

Fraulein Klein Blog

October 31, 2011

I’m amazed at the blogs out there, especially in the decorating category – my goodness! There are countless numbers of them and more popping up all of the time. I love it – this endless inspiration coming at us from all corners of the globe is such a gift. Have you ever walked through a favorite neighborhood at night hoping to sneak a peek into some of the homes to see how they’re decorated? I’ve been a sidewalk peeker since I was a kid, forever fascinated by how people arranged their interiors… And now here we all are — viewing blogs where we can peek but also linger and make friends with all of those in our virtual neighborhood who love to decorate and share their homes through their blogs and I just love it! I can’t get enough!

Fraulein Klein Blog

In fact, I ran out for a quick coffee about an hour ago and since it’s dark now where I live, I glanced into a few homes on the way back home and thought about how lucky we are to have our global communities online where we can share decorating ideas and inspiration all at the click of a mouse. Again, what a gift!

Fraulein Klein Blog

Speaking of gifts… I came across some lovely new blogs today but one really stood out from the pack since the blogger, Yvonne Bauer of Fraulein Klein, takes her own photos and does such an amazing job curating her life from what she wears to how she cooks and I find it quite beautiful to look in on. This lady is amazing.

Fraulein Klein Blog

From creating and sharing her own recipes (here) to sharing wonderful DIY projects (here), decorator, mother and all around talented blogger Yvonne Bauer inspires me so much. I was delighted to know that she lives in Lübeck, Germany because I’m hoping that I’ll get to meet her someday since I live in the northern part of the country too. I have a feeling that we’d have a lot to talk about!

Fraulein Klein Blog

Fraulein Klein Blog

Fraulein Klein Blog

Fraulein Klein Blog

Fraulein Klein Blog

I hope that you are as inspired by Yvonne and her work as I am. How can you not be. Make sure you look at her blog and go ahead, you have my permission to linger over there as long as your heart allows you before you pass out from the gorgeousness. What a beautiful way to begin your Monday… right? Aren’t we lucky that we get to peek in on all of these wonderful bloggers?

By the way, Yvonne is my blog of the week – you’ll see her highlighted above in my blog banner until next Monday.

(images: Yvonne Bauer)

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

• Reply Vanessa October 31, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Beautiful!

• Reply Gwyneth October 31, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing! I want to live like this…

• Reply Jennifer October 31, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I really love finding new blogs that inspire, particularly those that are visually inspiring with beautiful photography…something that I hope to achieve with my own blog. I love the style and feel of Yvonne’s blog. Definitely one to add to my weekly reads. Thank you for posting this!

• Reply Heather@joyofallcrafts October 31, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I also love being able to peek into other’s homes but now I can online! :)

• Reply Haley October 31, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I must say that your attitude of gratitude in this post was super contagious.
    Thank you for that!

• Reply percentblog October 31, 2011 at 10:02 pm

The last I need is more blogs to want to read daily, but these pictures are too lovely not to add to my list. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Fatou October 31, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Oh these pictures are so gorgeous! I particularly love that jar/vase with the root hanging in the water! I’m on my way over to her site right now :-).

• Reply hennymats October 31, 2011 at 10:22 pm

One of my favorite blogs! Glad you like her, too :)

Swenja

• Reply Karin A October 31, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Oh how glad I am that you are featuring Yvonnes gorgeous blog. It’s always so delightful to read her blog and to see her amazing photos, projects, home, cooking, baking…everything is so beautiful. And Yvonne is the sweetest person too! :) Have a great week!

• Reply Andrea Victoria October 31, 2011 at 10:42 pm

What a gem of a blog, I can see why you are featuring her this week. I love seeing how different people from different parts of the world document their lives.

• Reply The Design Notebook October 31, 2011 at 11:07 pm

What a wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Sarah Roads November 1, 2011 at 12:08 am

I actually found Yvonne’s blog through your BYW class and it has become one of my faves. Her photography is just stunning isn’t it?!

• Reply Josefina November 1, 2011 at 12:36 am

I just enjoy a ride on the bus around certain neighbourhoods in Buenos Aires, specially at night, when homes light up. Love your blog!

• Reply Yvonne November 1, 2011 at 9:02 am

Hi Holly,
    I am so excited and pleased me so much about this feature.
    Thank you so much! I´m happy!
    Because I´m a big Fan of your blog and your great book!!!!!!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Big Hugs,
    Yvonne

• Reply Iris November 1, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Loving Yvonne’s little corner on the internet and her bubbly personality. Be careful though, once you start browsing her wonderful blog you cannot stop!
    x Iris

• Reply fenny setiawan November 2, 2011 at 7:50 am

Love this blog. I will sure dig into it. So many inspiring pictures.

• Reply Yari November 2, 2011 at 11:09 am

I love virtual sidewalk peeking!!! I enjoy how you describe and compare the decor blog community to sidewalk peeking, so clever and so true! I am thrill to find out more bloggers in Germany, (we are expecting to move to Germany in a year and a half or so) hopefully one day I will get to meet such inspirational people like you and Yvonne ^_^

• Reply juliette crane November 3, 2011 at 5:53 pm

gorgeous work and AMAZING photos! thanks so much for sharing the inspiration! xo, juliette

• Reply Sibylle@Funkytime November 4, 2011 at 5:33 am

I love her blog! I ve been following her for a year now:-) amazing inspiration, einfach wunderbar!

• Reply Bethany November 9, 2011 at 2:59 am

I agree! I love being able to see how people live. It is so often a direct reflection of their personality. I especially love to see that some people may have similar items in their home, whether it is a sofa or lamp or what have you, yet their styling makes it look completely different!

• Reply Ute November 14, 2014 at 10:52 am

I love Yvonne’s blog “Fraulein Klein” and I am happy you also love it! But I am a little puzzled to learn she lives in Lübeck. In fact, I think she lives in Passau, all the way in the South. That fact always exited me as I have studied in Passau and still love that little city!