Creative Ideas From Stylist Sania Pell

London-based stylist and author Sania Pell rocks my world. She has become a good friend of mine and I am lucky enough to get lots of Sania time whenever I’m in London for crafting, shopping, chatting, eating and visits to other lovely friends along the way, like our recent visit with Emma Cassi that she so nicely arranged. I first met Ms. Pell online, thanks to my book review of her debut title, The Homemade Home, and shortly thereafter we met for dinner in London and it’s been a great friendship ever since that lovely evening over a year ago now. TGFB! Thank Goodness For Blogging!

Sania Pell

I’m so excited that in the Spring, her next lovely book will release, The Homemade Home For Children, though it is now ready to pre-order (yeah!). It focuses primarily on crafting for and with your children but even non-parents like me will buy the book and apply the 50 projects to things in my own home or use it for ideas to share with friends who have kids. Sania is nothing short of pure inspiration (magic!) to me and to her many fans.

Sania Pell

Sania Pell

You also have to visit her blog, At Home, because there she shares her own photography and many amazing projects that she posts each week. I love her recent posts on adding hand-painted fluorescent touches to flowers (brilliant!), hand crafting clay ornaments, and this gorgeous artistic panel she made using sheer fabric, some leather, thread and fabric.

Sania Pell

Sania Pell

What an amazing lady, do visit her and also pre-order her book because trust me… You will love it! I’ve seen a bulk of the projects in it (she showed them to me as she was making them for the book) and you are in for a huge treat. If you think her blog is amazing, the book will blow your mind.

(images: sania pell)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, Books + Magazines on November 04, 2011

1. Heather@joyofallcrafts commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:15pm

Yes, Thank you for exposing me to Sania! I started following her blog last time you mentioned it and have been in love every since!

Heather@joyofallcrafts´s last blog post ..Friday Inspiration

2. Zila commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:15pm

Sania’s book is one of my favs. I can’t wait to see the new one! :D
    Zila´s last blog post ..Handmade Pincushions

3. Angelia commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:25pm

Really love the pale blue with black and hot pink.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Silk Painting

4. Anke commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:37pm

Dear Holly,
    I´ve seen the Xmas decoration made by Sania today on the Brigitte website and I really love it. I´m going to try and make something like that myself. And thank you for the book recommendation. I´m already looking forward to the children´s book.
    Viele Grüße
    Anke

5. julie commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:44pm

wowza – i heart everything about these projects.

6. Juliette commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:53pm

I love Sania Pell! Thanks so much for introducing us to her b/c she has totally helped refresh my creative juices in the past year, no lie. She’s like an accessible, fresher Martha Stewart and I love that her projects don’t make me feel like I need to spends lots of money on supplies or be a psycho perfectionist to ‘get it right’. Her projects are so personable and I really can’t wait to see the new book!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Stitched: Curtains for Billy (tutorial)

7. Lindsey @ arkadian belle woods commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 6:17pm

I’m a big fan of the decorated branches! I did that last year for Christmas with glass vintage bulbs. I took some funky looking branches from around my yard a few years ago and painted them in silver tones and have them arranged in an old milk jug. It works year round and then at Christmas I get to deck them out!

I’ll have to check this book out for sure! I woman with a knack for twigs is A-ok in my book ;-)
    Lindsey @ arkadian belle woods´s last blog post ..Storage, Style, & Salvage

8. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 6:23pm

Love her style so much….STILL thinking about the neon painted flowers…love that so much. Thanks for sharing this hun! Hope you are well and having a beautiful start to your November! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Closer to home

9. Rebecca commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 7:20pm

I love these xmas decoration ideas, the white twigs in a jug with those homemade tags are just beautiful, ooh im all inspired!x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..pinterest pick of the week…

10. Anette commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 9:05pm

WOW – isn’t that neon paint idea just AMAZING! I so love it to get surprised by an unusual view…THANKS for sharing – looking forward to Berlin!

11. jason @ chesterfield sofa commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 11:34pm

Children’s book? That’ll do for me. both my daughter and her son are artistic so that’s one pressie sorted.

12. jenn commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 11:56pm

ohhh my… this is looking like a MUST for my collection!
    jenn´s last blog post ..finally!

13. Laura Gaskill commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 12:12am

What great news! I am a huge fan of Sania, her first book, her lovely blog, and well, everything she does :) I can’t wait to see the new book! Happy weekend! xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Friday Interior Love: Australian Creative/Eclectic

14. suzanne commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 1:34am

I can’t wait for the book! I was just saying to myself this morning that Sania’s style is so “me”. And…then peeked at your blog…and you were writing about her again! I adore Sania’s first book… and love the simplicity and yet elegance of her style ~ What a treat to be able to view her blog/work and become inspired over and over and over again…
    suzanne´s last blog post ..another sneak peak.

15. Jenni commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 7:58am

I just discovered Sania’s blog today and realized I’d had her book on my amazon wish list for awhile! Super excited to keep checking in on her lovely work.
    Jenni´s last blog post ..Etsy & Mint Week: Exclusive Discounts

16. BODIE and FOU commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 8:23am

You’re right! TGFB! I made some really good friends online first and then we met up. Sania’s book looks wonderful.
    I love doing creative things with Mila. It’s very relaxing for me and we get to have some quality maman/daughter time doing something fun together. I’ll get the book

Have a lovely weekend Holly!

17. Inge commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 9:46pm

I’ve been following your blog for some time now but never left a comment. So cool you shared her blog, I’ve just paid a visit and I must admit it’s absolutely lovely… Will be following her in the future! And I’ll keep following yours as well! :-)
    Thanks for the Christmas-inspiration!
    Love,
    Inge x

18. Inge commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 9:49pm

Thanks for sharing the lovely blog, I’d never heard of Sania before! I’ve just paid her blog a visit and I’ve got to say that she’s got some nice ideas for Christmas! And I love that season… :-) Will follow her blog as well now!
    I’ve never left a comment here but been following your blog for a while now. I thought it was time to leave some love! ;-)
    Have a nice week,
    Inge x

Inge´s last blog post ..Gorgeous gifts & decorations {Sass & Belle}

19. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! commented
    November 6th, 2011 at 10:08am

Love this work. I love the idea of homemade for children!

Thanks for introducing me, will check it out immediately!
    Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!´s last blog post ..Teacup of Dreams and Happy Sunday

20. MuddHutt commented
    November 6th, 2011 at 2:46pm

Some lovely imagery and ideas! will definitely check out the blog. Particularly love the tree in the first image :)
    MuddHutt´s last blog post ..Saturday Links and Things

21. gluten free gift commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 1:06am

I’m a real fan of decorating twigs for the holidays (vs chopping down trees!) the ornament shown here are gorgeous and fresh looking. I’m getting pumped for some “making”!! Grazie! Claudine
    gluten free gift´s last blog post ..invited for gluten-free dinner

22. manon commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 11:44am

J’aime vraiment.

Belle journée

manon

23. elisa commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 1:45pm

i met sania through you, holly! i knew her first book well so was doubly thrilled to meet her. she is such a delight, i’m dying to see her new book in the spring, i already have to keep her first one out of sight of the children or we’ll be so busy crafting we’ll never eat! ‘at home’ will sustain us all til springtime x

24. Claire Hughes commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 2:22pm

Lovely! I have never visited Sania’s blog before but is gorgeous. Have just ordered Homemade Home and will add the new book to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! Claire x

25. Kate commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:16am

Great to be introduced Sania. I can’t wait to see her new book as my little ones and I love creating!

26. Kap@Yes Christmas Trees commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:54am

Lovely! I especially love the picture of the white painted branch in the white vase. Gorgeous!
    Kap@Yes Christmas Trees´s last blog post ..Blue Christmas Trees – Attention-Grabbing Graciousness

27. margarita commented
    November 9th, 2011 at 11:38am

I like her style very much, her new book and Dottie Angle’s are in my Xmas wish list. I met her the other day at the launch of the 91 online magazine, she is very nice and gave some tips about press.
    margarita´s last blog post ..NEW hooks and knobs now available from the shop

28. GirlfriendShoes commented
    November 9th, 2011 at 6:14pm

Some really pretty ideas! Great inspiration.

29. Evita commented
    November 11th, 2011 at 3:02am

These are all such wonderful inspiration, thank you!
    Evita´s last blog post ..Mmmmm… who’s hungry?

30. Cutelicious commented
    December 6th, 2011 at 6:53pm

Just went over to her blog … LOVE her photos! Thanks for introducing her!

Love,

Ursula
    Cutelicious´s last blog post ..Kreativ-Party @ Cutelicious # 34

31. Phoebe Holgate commented
    February 27th, 2013 at 12:39pm

‘Love hand crafting clay moments’
    Check out Marley and Lockyer

in Tasmania, Australia for some beautiful ceramic and textile creations

‘ Loving the handcrafting clay moments.’
    I have been following Marley and Lockyer blog Tasmania,
    Australia and really like her ceramic and textile creations.
    Also, her artistic flair and talent.

Sania’s blog is filled with beautiful imagery and very grateful
    that I have been introduced to a pleasing and inspiring blog.