Do You Use Followgram?

November 4, 2011

Hello friends! I’ve been thinking a lot lately about apps on the iPhone and how I can use them to fuel my creativity a little more. Today in the Blogging Your Way e-class that Leslie and I are currently teaching, we provide our students with a list of great iPhone apps and ideas on how and why to use them. One tip we gave is just too good to keep in class because I know lots of you great bloggers out there would love it and it’s called Followgram. My most recent obsession is definitely Instagram. Do you use Instagram? If so, Followgram is an excellent companion. This is NOT an iPhone app but a website that gives you the unique opportunity to view your Instagram photos online. This site great because:

1. You don’t always need your iPhone to see your Istagram photos.
2. You can share them with others, including friends who do not have an iPhone or who are not using Instagram.
3. You can also view the photos in three different ways: Diary (photos taken on specific dates), List (photos will appear one after the one, going down the page), or Grid (photos shown in blocks).
4. You can also create super duper photo albums to group your Instagram photos for quick reference or to even group them like you would on Pinterest to inspire you or to turn into a future blog post.

Here is an example of a Followgram page – this is my instagram account as seen on the Followgram website:

Do You Use Followgram?

Another GREAT TIP is that with Followgram, you can now drag and drop your photos from Followgram directly to your desktop, open up your trusty photo editing program and create an interesting composition to save and share on your blog. Here are two examples of this:

Do You Use Followgram?

Maybe you recently went on vacation and took lots of your travel photos using Instagram. But you haven’t had time to connect your iPhone to your laptop to upload the images. Maybe you are using another computer. Just go to the Followgram website and drag and drop your images to the desktop on the computer that you are using and create a collage or something quickly and easily.

Do You Use Followgram?

Here is another example, you may want to do a regular post on your blog showing a “Best Of October” collage of photos that you took using Instagram that you particularly loved during the month of October. Or you can roundup favorite photos from your home, for instance, photos that you organized under the “Home” folder that you created using Followgram. Smart, right?

Also with Followgram, you can access the photos of other Instagram users and share your favorite Instagram photos on your blog in the same way as shown above – just include photo credits!

Hope this was a fun tip for you to learn… I love finding shortcuts and creative ways to share the things that I love, don’t you?

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Libby November 4, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Wow, I had been using webstagram but this looks SO much more user-friendly! Thanks for sharing the site!

• Reply November 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm

thank you, thank you, thank you! this is super helpful!!! i have been wondering how to get around the quirks of instagram and this will be so fun to play around with!

• Reply VisualJill November 4, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Wow, thanks so much. My mind is racing with the possibilities . . .

• Reply Anna November 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm

This is really great, I’ve been muddling my way with Instragram for a while now (or maybe it’s just that my iphone is very old and doesn’t behave properly!) and had given up to be honest but I might give it another go now.
    Thanks for the tip. You have inspired me to go out and take some pictures this weekend :-)

P.s. I’m hoping to do BYW when the next course starts.

• Reply meenal@maison marigold November 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Thankyou for sharing this would be super fun to use this app…have a lovely day! xx meenal

• Reply Jennifer November 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I’m excited to try this out! Thanks for sharing this find.

• Reply Fabio Lalli November 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Thank you for sharing! You can send feedback and suggestions whenever you want! :)

• Reply Cloud9 Design November 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this Holly! I’ll be using this! ;)

• Reply Rebekah November 4, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Love the tilt shift collection from Munich. Beautiful.

• Reply Kelly November 4, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Holly! Does anyone have a tip for something similar on Android? Alas, I am without iPhone.

• Reply Jennie November 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm

YES! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this! I often wonder what apps or sites I can connect with my Instagram. Now I know and can’t wait to use it. You find some of the most interesting things, Holly!

• Reply Gretchen November 4, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Thanks so much for all the helpful tips that you posted in today’s class. I love the new apps that I downloaded and Followgram. As always, you are so gracious in sharing your ideas!

• Reply ami November 5, 2011 at 2:36 am

Wow, this is awesome! LOVE the ability to drag photos onto your desktop. Thanks so much for sharing!!

• Reply mariwitch November 5, 2011 at 7:33 am

This is one of the best tips ever! I’ve had Instagram on my iPhone for a while but wanted a way to access the photos outside of the phone so I didn’t use it much. Now I will definitely be taking more Instagram photos :D

• Reply Lexi November 5, 2011 at 10:03 am

THANK YOU! I’ve been hoping for something like this!!!

• Reply love, lindsey November 6, 2011 at 2:28 am

Thanks for sharing! Just signed up and I love it already!

• Reply Katherine November 6, 2011 at 5:39 pm

thank you for sharing, holly! i, too, have been looking for a site like this and had not yet been able to find anything that i felt comfortable enough sending blog readers to add an icon to my site. this is great!

• Reply anna November 6, 2011 at 5:53 pm

thank you so much for sharing! followgram looks great!

• Reply pytinclt November 7, 2011 at 5:31 am

I haven’t heard of this but I will definitely try it! I use instagram all the time. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply debbie November 7, 2011 at 8:00 am

Hello Holly. Thank you for that. I dont have an iphone but very kem to try it out as im battling with internet and blogging is not as frequent as I would prefer because of that. Ill be checking it out.

• Reply Shalini November 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Perfect timing… I was looking for exactly what you talked about ‘Followgram’, just didn’t know it yet. As a recent instagram addict, I am glad that I can share instagram on my blog and specially with folks (with android phones) who don’t have instagram. THANKS!!!

• Reply Veronica @ Mixed Gems November 9, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Thank you for sharing this. I’ve been using Webstagram and Instaview but Followgram looks much better. I’m going to have a crack st it.

• Reply sissi November 20, 2011 at 12:30 pm

oh i so wish also samsung could have the istagram and it s not just apple. I felt so much in love with it too! :D

• Reply ilze November 24, 2011 at 9:20 am

Hi happy that you did this post ! Meant that I too found FOLLOWGRAM. Really nice as I like the effects Instagram let you add for photos.
    Battling to get a photo into the album I created?! Feel a little silly to ask – should be so obvious…but how do you add photos to the album?

• Reply rosa February 14, 2012 at 8:03 pm

how do you sign up for

• Reply amalia March 2, 2012 at 6:20 am

how do i sign up for followgram

• Reply Simone May 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Why yes indeed I do! Where else should I post my boredness ^w^

• Reply Fabio Lalli August 13, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hi Hooly
    My name is Fabio and i’m a CoFounder of Followgram.

Thanks for this post. I’ve update your Followgram account to pro and now you are featured in home page. Thank you!

Followgram PRO allow you to customize your vanity url with background, header and albums. If you have any questions, write me :)

• Reply dorothy August 28, 2012 at 10:45 pm

so can you add pictures from your computer to your instagram account?

• Reply ChrilleJ September 7, 2012 at 12:53 am

Can I use Followcam even if I dont have Instagram and see other peoples Instagram pages? If so, how do I do?

• Reply Caylee Pugh July 15, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Just joined Followgram now! Check @wherecayleegoes, if you want to connect :) Thanks for explaining all of it’s cool features. Now I’ll definitely be using it!!