Do You Use Followgram?

Hello friends! I’ve been thinking a lot lately about apps on the iPhone and how I can use them to fuel my creativity a little more. Today in the Blogging Your Way e-class that Leslie and I are currently teaching, we provide our students with a list of great iPhone apps and ideas on how and why to use them. One tip we gave is just too good to keep in class because I know lots of you great bloggers out there would love it and it’s called Followgram. My most recent obsession is definitely Instagram. Do you use Instagram? If so, Followgram is an excellent companion. This is NOT an iPhone app but a website that gives you the unique opportunity to view your Instagram photos online. This site great because:

1. You don’t always need your iPhone to see your Istagram photos.
2. You can share them with others, including friends who do not have an iPhone or who are not using Instagram.
3. You can also view the photos in three different ways: Diary (photos taken on specific dates), List (photos will appear one after the one, going down the page), or Grid (photos shown in blocks).
4. You can also create super duper photo albums to group your Instagram photos for quick reference or to even group them like you would on Pinterest to inspire you or to turn into a future blog post.

Here is an example of a Followgram page – this is my instagram account as seen on the Followgram website:

Another GREAT TIP is that with Followgram, you can now drag and drop your photos from Followgram directly to your desktop, open up your trusty photo editing program and create an interesting composition to save and share on your blog. Here are two examples of this:

Maybe you recently went on vacation and took lots of your travel photos using Instagram. But you haven’t had time to connect your iPhone to your laptop to upload the images. Maybe you are using another computer. Just go to the Followgram website and drag and drop your images to the desktop on the computer that you are using and create a collage or something quickly and easily.

Here is another example, you may want to do a regular post on your blog showing a “Best Of October” collage of photos that you took using Instagram that you particularly loved during the month of October. Or you can roundup favorite photos from your home, for instance, photos that you organized under the “Home” folder that you created using Followgram. Smart, right?

Also with Followgram, you can access the photos of other Instagram users and share your favorite Instagram photos on your blog in the same way as shown above – just include photo credits!

Hope this was a fun tip for you to learn… I love finding shortcuts and creative ways to share the things that I love, don’t you?

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on November 04, 2011

1. Libby commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:49pm

Wow, I had been using webstagram but this looks SO much more user-friendly! Thanks for sharing the site!
    Libby´s last blog post ..granny (chic) squares

2. jamie@owlreally.com commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:54pm

thank you, thank you, thank you! this is super helpful!!! i have been wondering how to get around the quirks of instagram and this will be so fun to play around with!

3. VisualJill commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 3:57pm

Wow, thanks so much. My mind is racing with the possibilities . . .
    VisualJill´s last blog post ..London Shops: Decorated for Fall

4. Anna commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 4:05pm

This is really great, I’ve been muddling my way with Instragram for a while now (or maybe it’s just that my iphone is very old and doesn’t behave properly!) and had given up to be honest but I might give it another go now.
    Thanks for the tip. You have inspired me to go out and take some pictures this weekend :-)

P.s. I’m hoping to do BYW when the next course starts.
    Anna´s last blog post ..Man Love: Movember

5. meenal@maison marigold commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 4:10pm

Thankyou for sharing this Holly..it would be super fun to use this app…have a lovely day! xx meenal
    meenal@maison marigold´s last blog post ..My Turkish Delight ( just one of many)…

6. Jennifer commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 4:10pm

I’m excited to try this out! Thanks for sharing this find.
    Jennifer´s last blog post ..The Sketchbook Project Update

7. Fabio Lalli commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 4:10pm

Thank you for sharing! You can send feedback and suggestions whenever you want! :)
    Fabio Lalli´s last blog post ..Business Model Canvas – Creare, fornire e acquistare valore

8. Cloud9 Design commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 4:12pm

Thanks so much for sharing this Holly! I’ll be using this! ;)

~Amber

Cloud9 Design´s last blog post ..Angel Wings White Burnout Tee with Black Screenprint — LIMITED EDITION

9. Rebekah commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:07pm

Love the tilt shift collection from Munich. Beautiful.

10. Kelly commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 5:54pm

Thanks Holly! Does anyone have a tip for something similar on Android? Alas, I am without iPhone.
    Kelly´s last blog post ..Fall Quilt Market 2011 (I’m home!)

11. Jennie commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 7:14pm

YES! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this! I often wonder what apps or sites I can connect with my Instagram. Now I know and can’t wait to use it. You find some of the most interesting things, Holly!
    Jennie´s last blog post ..FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

12. Gretchen commented
    November 4th, 2011 at 10:56pm

Thanks so much for all the helpful tips that you posted in today’s class. I love the new apps that I downloaded and Followgram. As always, you are so gracious in sharing your ideas!

13. ami commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 2:36am

Wow, this is awesome! LOVE the ability to drag photos onto your desktop. Thanks so much for sharing!!

14. mariwitch commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 7:33am

This is one of the best tips ever! I’ve had Instagram on my iPhone for a while but wanted a way to access the photos outside of the phone so I didn’t use it much. Now I will definitely be taking more Instagram photos :D

15. Lexi commented
    November 5th, 2011 at 10:03am

THANK YOU! I’ve been hoping for something like this!!!

16. love, lindsey commented
    November 6th, 2011 at 2:28am

Thanks for sharing! Just signed up and I love it already!

17. Katherine commented
    November 6th, 2011 at 5:39pm

thank you for sharing, holly! i, too, have been looking for a site like this and had not yet been able to find anything that i felt comfortable enough sending blog readers to add an icon to my site. this is great!

18. anna commented
    November 6th, 2011 at 5:53pm

thank you so much for sharing! followgram looks great!

19. pytinclt commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 5:31am

I haven’t heard of this but I will definitely try it! I use instagram all the time. Thanks for sharing!
    pytinclt´s last blog post ..Looks I’m Loving: Fur Vests

20. debbie commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 8:00am

Hello Holly. Thank you for that. I dont have an iphone but very kem to try it out as im battling with internet and blogging is not as frequent as I would prefer because of that. Ill be checking it out.
    debbie´s last blog post ..ON THE DARK SIDE

21. Shalini commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 4:11pm

Perfect timing… I was looking for exactly what you talked about ‘Followgram’, just didn’t know it yet. As a recent instagram addict, I am glad that I can share instagram on my blog and specially with folks (with android phones) who don’t have instagram. THANKS!!!

22. Veronica @ Mixed Gems commented
    November 9th, 2011 at 2:31pm

Thank you for sharing this. I’ve been using Webstagram and Instaview but Followgram looks much better. I’m going to have a crack st it.
    Veronica @ Mixed Gems´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday – A Toddler’s Wardrobe

23. sissi commented
    November 20th, 2011 at 12:30pm

oh i so wish also samsung could have the istagram and it s not just apple. I felt so much in love with it too! :D

24. ilze commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 9:20am

Hi Holly..so happy that you did this post ! Meant that I too found FOLLOWGRAM. Really nice as I like the effects Instagram let you add for photos.
    Battling to get a photo into the album I created?! Feel a little silly to ask – should be so obvious…but how do you add photos to the album?

25. rosa commented
    February 14th, 2012 at 8:03pm

how do you sign up for followgram.com

26. amalia commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 6:20am

how do i sign up for followgram

27. Simone commented
    May 2nd, 2012 at 9:51pm

Why yes indeed I do! Where else should I post my boredness ^w^

28. Fabio Lalli commented
    August 13th, 2012 at 11:41am

Hi Hooly
    My name is Fabio and i’m a CoFounder of Followgram.

Thanks for this post. I’ve update your Followgram account to pro and now you are featured in home page. Thank you!

Followgram PRO allow you to customize your vanity url with background, header and albums. If you have any questions, write me :)
    Enjoy!
    Fabio Lalli´s last blog post ..NFC: l’ingresso di Apple può fare la differenza

29. dorothy commented
    August 28th, 2012 at 10:45pm

so can you add pictures from your computer to your instagram account?
    dorothy´s last blog post ..Press-On Design: The Candy Room

30. ChrilleJ commented
    September 7th, 2012 at 12:53am

Can I use Followcam even if I dont have Instagram and see other peoples Instagram pages? If so, how do I do?

31. Caylee Pugh commented
    July 15th, 2014 at 8:16pm

Just joined Followgram now! Check @wherecayleegoes, if you want to connect :) Thanks for explaining all of it’s cool features. Now I’ll definitely be using it!!
    Caylee Pugh´s last blog post ..The Importance of Following Your Intuition