Shanna Murray Window Films + Wall Decals

Hello friends! I brought up the topic of window decals yesterday and lots of you wrote in about how much you appreciate how modern they’ve become. I even got an interesting comment from a reader, Janice, who told me that an artist that I really like, Shanna Murray, has decals now too for the walls or the windows — those currently in her online shop are for decoration but she is soon to roll out others for both decoration and privacy and I can’t wait to see them. I think Shanna’s work is just so cute. There are even some decals with sweet words.

Shanna Murray

Shanna Murray

Shanna Murray

Shanna Murray

Shanna Murray

About her collection of decals, “Created from Shanna’s delightful drawings and lettering, this line sets itself apart. Simple, charming decals in matte and metallic finishes appear hand-painted, and are at once modern and a nod to nostalgic days gone by… The decals are easy to install, simply peel away the back paper, stick to wall, burnish to wall with tool provided, and carefully peel away top protective paper.” I love the sweet touch that one of these can bring to a home, don’t you? I also like that some are available in gold or silver outside of the charcoal or white options. I find gold and silver so festive and think they’d be a charming touch to a home or even an event…

PSST: Do you have her gorgeous new desktop calendar? She collaborated with Nikole Herriott and Michael Graydon on it. You can click here to save it and use it on your computer. I love mine, the icons stand out so nicely on it…

(images: shanna murray)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, walls on November 08, 2011

1. Katie commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:14pm

One of the very first things I intend to buy when my husband and I have a house is one of her decals! They’re too charming and suit our style perfectly–a little whimsy, a little class, a lot of sweet. I bet her window films will be beautiful!
    Katie´s last blog post ..New Eats

2. April (iam_artisan) commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:47pm

Oh I love her designs… They are so beautiful… Decals are one of my fave. They really bring a different touch from your wall or glass.
    April (iam_artisan)´s last blog post ..Comment on Snail Mail love by admin

3. Giulia commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:09pm

Ha – you seem to featuring things today that I love and actually own! I have two decals, one on our family room blackboard

and one in our dining room. Post coming up on Thursday with it featured.

I love her customer service as well and everything comes packed in lovely envelopes with washi tape. I’ve been using her calendar for 2 years now and I also love the logo she created for the SFgirlbybay blog, don’t you?

4. Jennie commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:05pm

Shanna is one of my all time favorites! It seems like everything she creates gets better and than the next…just when it doesn’t seem possible. Happy to see her featured today.
    Jennie´s last blog post ..LAKESIDE RETREAT

5. Janice commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:07pm

Holly–So lovely to see all of these posts highlighting some of my very favorite folks.

The tiny detail and sweetness behind Shanna’s work just gives me the flutters.

I have a decal here ready to go onto a DIY project, but part of me wants to see the new things too, before I commit. Silly, I know. However, I am sure I can think up another project and an excuse to get more decals-as I want to try the silver ones too.

Nikole’s partnership with her father is something I never tire of reading about. I have the wee cloud cookie cutter and have seen the cake plates and platters and the workmanship is impeccable. These are heirloom quality items that bring a reverence to enjoying simple, delicious food with friends and family.

Janice
    Janice´s last blog post ..holiday 2011: display curio

6. Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:25pm

I adore all of her decals! These are now my favorite out of all the wall decals I have seen!
    Lauren @ Polka Dots & Sprinkles´s last blog post ..Bundling Up

7. jamieofalltrades commented
    November 8th, 2011 at 11:28pm

Gorgeous! I love her work.

8. callie grayson commented
    November 9th, 2011 at 3:30am

eeee! just what I was looking for to place on my bedroom windows so the neighbors can’t peep in!!
    thanks!
    xx
    callie
    callie grayson´s last blog post ..PRODUCT: Alessi Cake Stand, perfect for Fairy Cakes

9. Marie Nichols commented
    November 10th, 2011 at 1:11am

I love Shanna’s work, and now for windows too! Gotta get me some of those!
    Marie Nichols´s last blog post ..A Stylist & Her Props…

10. Andrea commented
    November 11th, 2011 at 6:53am

These are just lovely!
    Andrea´s last blog post ..New job, new look by afdesigns

11. Janice commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 2:09pm

Holly–There is a note on Shanna Murray’s site that says her new decals will be available this Friday the 18th!

I can’t wait!

Thanks for posting all of the decal information-

Janice

12. decals commented
    March 20th, 2012 at 3:37pm

These decals look great and they are so versatile. Fashions change and whats great about decals in the home is when you get bored of the ones you have, they are easily removed so you can them replace them with others.