Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Hello friends! I had such a great time in Berlin this weekend! The weather, the hotel, the people, the party, even the Russian disco we went to later on for a little fun — it was all such a fantastic adventure. It feels great to begin a new week with such a warm heart – thank you to my many friends and guests for making my German interiors book, Lust auf Wohnen, launch party at the Soho House in Berlin such an amazing event but also to the many, many bloggers who attended – oh my goodness, what a crowd of stylish, warm and chatty people!

Party Pics To Blog

I thought I’d share some highlights from my day captured so brilliantly by photographer Sina Preikschat. The amazing Miss Sina not only shot photos at our photo wall, but she took all of the others shown below that I think came out super nice. I also loved how she managed to stay somewhat invisible as she worked and also how comfortable all of our guests felt having their photo taken. Thank you Sina, you’re a star…

My guests arriving!

Above you can see my guests arriving downstairs at the Soho House Berlin to check in and claim their goody bags sponsored by Etsy (with a special thanks to Emily and Matt) along with some decor8 contributions from my friends Snug Studio, Enna, luzia pimpinella, Formes Berlin via Sommerfugl and Ferm Living who supplied some items for me to decorate the room with and who sponsored our fun giveaway. Also in the bag, journals supplied by Callwey Verlag for taking notes.

Setting up for my party

Caroline Ditting (from Callwey) and I are shown above. She helped me enormously to plan this event and did a super great job. Thank you Caroline! Here we are preparing a table to decorate with shiny things, candles, balloons and eventually, cupcakes – yummy, delicious cupcakes.

Party Pics To Blog

Speaking before a very full house.

Steffi + Holly

There I am with Ms. Luxat from Brigitte magazine. Brigitte was the official sponsor of my event at Soho House which was an honor… To see Germany’s top lifestyle magazine for women support me in this way is absolutely, positively wonderful. I love how they “get” the blogging community and how much they invest in reaching out to not just me, but the many fabulous people who author blogs.

Party Pics To Blog

My amazingly sweet guests made me laugh and put a smile on my face throughout the day. PEOPLE make any event and I’m so happy the “snob factor” didn’t exist here – everyone was warm, approachable and very smiley and open-minded and stylish, too!

Loot bags

Loot bags filled with goodies that have gorgeous pine trees screen-printed onto them.

I made seating cards for the VIP guests

We had some VIP seating so I made seat tags for those guests – mostly my sponsors, volunteers and very good friends.

Such a great day....

A full house…

More book party photos :)

My guest book along with other goodies for guests to enjoy.

More book party photos :)

Caroline Ditting speaking for Callwey Verlag, the publisher of my book here in Germany.

Such a great day....Juliane

More book party photos :)

Oh the cupcakes were divine!

Sharmaine + Holly + Jack

Sharmaine, me and Jack. They are both from Dialogue Books in Berlin. They brought some copies of the book to be sold during my event and helped me with some party planning, too. If anyone wants a German signed copy, you can email them and they’ll ship one to you. sharmaine AT dialoguebooks.org is the lady to ask.

Party Pics To Blog

Caroline with Steffi and my good friend Anne who not only helped me set up but who gave everyone either her illustrated postcards or rubber stamps from the Enna shop.

Lutz + Holly

Lutz and me. He has enough charm and energy to fill an empty room. What an authentic, witty and caring person. So glad to know you, Lutz!

Clara, Anette + Gabi

Party Pics To Blog

Left: Marlene / Right: Steffi and Matt Stinchcomb from Etsy being silly. I was so honored to meet Matt in person after knowing him online for 6 years now.

Party Pics To Blog

Left: Kathrin / Right: Anna-Maria who owns Fraulein Wild, a lovely cafe in Berlin where we ate Sunday morning. She is so adorable and bakes wonderfully!

Party Pics To BlogLeft: / brigitte / Right: andrea +bettina

More book party photos :)

Need I say more? Nom nom nom.

Sharmaine + Holly + Jack

Me and the Dialogue Books gang.

More book party photos :)

Steffi giving her speech about how bloggers can work with magazines like Brigitte.

Brigitte magazine girls + Matt from Etsy.com

The Brigitte magazine girls and Matt Stinchcomb from Etsy – all were my fab sponsors.

Lutz + Holly

It’s fun to be silly at your own book launch, you know? Why be serious when you can live life and have a ball!

Left: Didem / Right: Laura

Matt doing his thing, great guy, great speaker

Every single girl had a crush on this guy after he spoke. He has tons of charm and is very intelligent and witty. I also think it’s the floppy hair, girls really dig that longish floppy hair. Matt sparkles when he speaks. People like to think Etsy is mega popular because it’s a great online marketplace but I think chicks just dig Matt. Don’t believe me? I had at least 10 people come up to me after he spoke and said, “I’m reopening my Etsy shop now that I saw Matt!” and the stars in their eyes totally spelled out: CRUSHING majorly on the Mattster.

More happy lovely people

When Matt spoke, people smiled, laughed and listened.

Happy guests of mine

See what I mean? In blue is my co-author Joanna Copestick who flew in from London and in green is the adorable artist and blogger Stephanie Levy.

More book party photos :)

More book party photos :)

See what I mean about loving to hear Matt speak?

Happy guests of mine

Oh yes, Matt worked the crowd.

More party shots

At one point he asked, “Who thinks I’m totally dreamy?” and here is the reaction. No, just kidding. This was actually when I was speaking as I love to ask questions when I speak or else I feel like everyone will fall asleep.

More happy lovely ladies

Ladies bonding on a very sweet plush sofa that I wanted to carry home with me.

Lust auf Wohnen book party

Oh yes, and the book. We came for that too.

Checking out my book :)

Fun to see my guests peeking in on Lust auf Wohnen! Go book go! Work it!

More happy lovely ladies

Very sweet ladies that I felt honored to meet.

Lutz + Holly

Lutz and me acting silly.

Pretty lady

Oh hello pretty lady…

making new friends at my party

Brigitte had the sweetest personality and the most incredible red hair.

Left: Lenka + Nadja, Right: Rieke + Ricarda

Happy ladies

Dorolos Wally from klienFORMAT magazine who not only flew in from Vienna but who so generously GAVE everyone a copy of her self made magazine seen chatting here with my friend Anne.

Checking out my book :)

I didn’t get to meet this guest, anyone want to shout him out? I’d love to know!

My dear Steffi from Brigitte magazine

Lovely Steffi.

Me, Jack and Sharmaine.

My publicist, Caroline Ditting, at Callwey Verlag

Caroline Ditting

Party Pics To BlogRight: Valerie + Donna / Left: Marlene + Steffi

Party Pics To BlogMaren + Lola

Party Pics To Blog

Left: Elizabeth Rushe who looks like a double of Florence and the Machine / Right: Anna-Maria Wild and Steffi

More Hamburg Girls

Hamburg girls

Party Pics To Blog

Left: Lutz, me /  Right: Stephanie Levy + Eleanor from EM Papers. These lovely ladies came all the way up from Munich, loved having them!

Party Pics To Blog

Eleanor and Theresa Neubauer.

Party Pics To Blog

left: ricarda, steffi, rieke / right: nicola

Left: Steffi and Lutz / Right: Andrea

didem + oliviaDidem Strebe + Olivia Tänzer

I want to thank EVERYONE for coming out – I couldn’t believe how many people we had and to think we only could take 50% of those who RSVP’d – whoa, this tells me there is a lot of blogger interest here in Germany so Brigitte and I are putting our heads together for possibly another event this winter so stay tuned!

A big thank you to all who sponsored this event  – I’m so grateful to have all of you in my corner and to call you my friends!

To see many more photos in a slideshow, click here.

(photos: Sina Preikschat.)

Posted by decor8 in events + markets on November 14, 2011

1. frauheuberg commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 7:00pm

oh, this looks so fantastic…wonderful…absolutly incredible…i´m so glad for you that you had such a perfect day in Berlin…so sad that i couldn´t come there, too…but amazing shots…so much fun…i can feel the creativity there…what a wonderful event…i hope the next time i could manage it, too…uh…don´t want to miss the next one…a big hug for you and enjoy the emotions after this big party…yeah, Holly…Germany likes you…;)…all the best and hope we see us again…take care…cheers…i…
    frauheuberg´s last blog post ..Monday lunch break with the new issue of a little relish

2. Noelle commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 7:02pm

Looks like a wonderful time! Fun pictures!

3. tinajo commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 7:06pm

Seems like a great time – and I wouldn´t mind the cupcakes! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..… and the Monday is soon done.

4. Juliette commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 7:19pm

The German blogosphere has been all abuzz with how fantastic this launch party was, so major congrats to all involved! I’ll definitely be looking forward to more info about the Hamburg event!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Trying something different: 4 Things I’ve learned

5. Barbara commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 7:28pm

Aw wow looks like you had a great time! Congrats! The party looks like it was a great success! And those cupcakes look delish! :)
    Barbara´s last blog post ..OFF THE WALL CLOSETS

6. Fatou commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 7:56pm

Great photos! Looks like a great fun time. I want one of those cupcakes :-). You are right that is a very stylish group of people.

7. michelle commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:00pm

What a gorgeous space and looks at all of those people, how exciting! I hope you brought some of those cute balloons home with you.

Steffi has amazing style, that blazer is so cool. I’m sure Matt will turn beet red when he reads this. :)
    michelle´s last blog post ..Service with Grace

8. Stephanie commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:04pm

Your book launch party in Berlin was a true highlight of the year Holly! I loved meeting you and you are such a beautiful, charming, witty person! I can’t wait to attend your next event, and it was such a pleasure to be a part of this :) Big hugs from Munich! xoxo
    Stephanie´s last blog post ..A fresh Munich neighborhood walk + lots of news

9. Tori commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:13pm

Wow! Looks like you guys had loads of fun! And those pink balloons? Love them!
    Tori´s last blog post ..Learning a new skill: Embroidery

10. cafenoHut commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:37pm

what a great chance to be there. You look amazing…

11. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:40pm

Oh wow! It looks like it was such a ball! SO happy you had such a great time hunnie and you look absolutely gorgeous! So proud of you and you deserve every single lovely thing! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Monday monday

12. Igor commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:49pm

I can’t help but smile while looking at those super happy pics. What a wonderful event! What a pity I couldn’t make it up to Berlin. But next time I am SO in again!! Hugs from Munich, Igor xoxo
    Igor´s last blog post ..From Place To Space: Canada

13. elizabeth commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:51pm

Holly, you’re a thoughtful batch, thank you for including me, it was a hugely inspiring afternoon. Thank you!
    elizabeth´s last blog post ..Fräulein Wild

14. Renee commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 9:02pm

Too Fun!!! By the way, you look fabulous lady!

xo
    Renee´s last blog post ..Oh my…Monday again!

15. wibke commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 9:24pm

oh yes, … to be continued! maybe hamburg or hannover? so I come over there! the pics makes me a bit envious, seems you have a great party! congrats holly, you did a great job!
    lovely greetings, wibke

16. Kaisa commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 9:26pm

Looks you have had so much fun! And how about thsose cupcakes?? :S SO delicious!!

17. Anja commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 10:21pm

OMG! All these people with the same interest and passion. Pure inspiration.
    Please do THINK about another event!

So i hope you’re not moving to Berlin?! Although I would totally understand. I moved from Berlin to Hannover. Still suffering from Kulturshock.

could you believe that: I haven’t spotted “Lust auf Wohnen” hier in H.
    Anja´s last blog post ..:: All about birds: Der Vogelsaal in Bamberg

18. Dutch Delights commented
    November 14th, 2011 at 10:45pm

Looks like so much fun! Makes me think back at the meet the blogger even in Amsterdam a while ago!!
    Good luck on your German version of the book!
    Dutch Delights´s last blog post ..Scarlett Hooft Graafland in Huis Marseille

19. something Gorgeous commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:05am

You are living my dream life…..looks like great evening..

20. Okka commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:17am

Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful event, you did such an incredible job! It was such a pleasure to take part and meet all the lovely bloggers. Oh, what a day. Can´t stop smiling when I see these pictures.
    Okka´s last blog post ..GEBURTSTAGS-COUNTDOWN, FLORENTINER UND EINE KNALLER-VERLOSUNG

21. Ana commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:18am

Hi Holly,

Congratulations! I love the web and all its tools because, although it was your party, your post was actually the last one I read. It was so much fun piecing the event together with the different perspectives of different bloggers.

Congratulations on your book and I wish you all the success you deserve.

All the best!
    Ana´s last blog post ..NYC: a map of experiences

22. julia schenz commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:51am

ohh my! this makes me wish i was in germany again (not the other side of the world!) i thought i would only miss out on Gluehwein, Skiing and Christkindl markets, but apparently i also missed the blog partay of the year! :( you should repeat this next year please! (and let me know so i can book flights in advance!) :)

hugs from NZ

23. Splendidlywendy commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 4:11am

Awe, this is just so great. I love seeing all these beautiful women (and a couple fellas) supporting you and the blogging community. Congrats Holly ;)

24. Shivani commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 5:03am

Holly, the party pictures looks great! Congratulations! You did a great job. No wonder the event was a huge hit. You so deserve it.

xo
    Shivani

25. fenny setiawan commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 8:42am

I love this post and event. happy for you Holly. You are sweet and warm and lucky to be surrounded by lovely fans in the fabulous place :). All the best.
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..blog break {colorful theme} : Washi tapes vases

26. Juliane | Fröken Skicklig commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 8:50am

Dear Holly, I so much enjoyed the colourful, creative atmosphere at the event – thank you for a wonderful and inspiring day, you filled it with a lot of warmth and joy!

27. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 9:10am

This looks amazing!

I love Soho House, it’s a great hotel.
    Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark!´s last blog post ..Paper Flowers Rock

28. Judy commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 9:30am

Wonderful day!Everything looks like so fun~
    Judy´s last blog post ..snoopy travels around the world

29. nina commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 9:31am

it was great to be a part of it. you are lovely :)
    nina´s last blog post ..berlin

30. gudy herder commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:07pm

Those pics speak by themselves. Looks like a real happy event with lots of interesting people and excellent co speakers. What a pity I couldn´t make it to come over. Let us know when you are going to throw the next part!! Ah, and thks for sharing that post, what a great vibe!

31. brigitte commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:47pm

Hi Holly,

thanks for the shout-out and the compliments ! :-) You are so vibrant and inspiring and Janina and I enjoyed the event very much. The creative atmosphere was unbelievable and we met so many like-minded people ! We were especially impressed with Matt – someone should really invite him to give a TED talk ! ;-)

All the best,
    Brigitte
    brigitte´s last blog post ..Made in Italy: Schlafen auf Rollen

32. allesistgut commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:49pm

Fun pictures! I can feel your joy through the pictures. :)
    allesistgut´s last blog post ..11 Monate und ein alter Zopf

33. meenal@maison marigold commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 1:17pm

what an incredible show!! thanks for sharing all these lovely images..makes me feel like i was there too!! have a wonderful day, holly..xx meenal
    meenal@maison marigold´s last blog post ..The times they are a-changin’ …

34. Shalini commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:42pm

Wow! It’s so good to revisit the entire event through your pictures.
    Someday when you have time, I’d like to know how you do your pictures (which editing program) on the blog, it takes me days to process mine, how are you so quick?
    Thanks again for sharing…
    Shalini´s last blog post ..A beautiful Autumn day…

35. clara commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 4:12pm

Dear Holly…
    it was so great meeting you.. I’m really laughing about all this crazy pictures…Looking forward to the next time… I might come to hanover in January for a styling job… perhaps I might step by to meet Tinna and you?!
    Hugs from hamburg
    Clara
    clara´s last blog post ..Berlin Teil 2

36. Emily commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 5:05pm

Dear Holly,
    Etsy loved to be part of this event! We are happy to hear that people loved our goodie bags, since Anda worked really hard on making them special.
    All the best from Berlin!
    Emily´s last blog post ..How Tuesday: Filzschmuck

37. Candi commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 6:52pm

Looking at these pictures makes me smile….looks like Geat Fun! Congrats!

38. Laura Trevey commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 7:11pm

Oh MY!!! How fun ~ balloons, cupcakes, great company… more balloons and cupcakes :)
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..Fabricadabra

39. kate commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm

seriously, amazing. the venue is gorgeous. truly inspiring! :)

40. Rachie commented
    November 16th, 2011 at 12:22am

Congratulations to you Holly! Looks like a totally fabulous party, you must have been thrilled. You must have one in London at Shoreditch house!
    Rachie xo
    Rachie´s last blog post ..Tuesday Tales from the Week!

41. gluten free gift commented
    November 16th, 2011 at 1:43am

Scrolling through your photos I felt like such a voyeur! I would have loved to attend your party :) Congratulations on your book – it looks like you’ve attracted so many good people into your world – thanks for the ongoing inspiration you provide. Claudine
    gluten free gift´s last blog post ..Rapini – la mia verdura preferita!

42. Shannon Fricke commented
    November 16th, 2011 at 7:56am

Holly,
    An uber party for an uber gal…
    Congrats…
    Sx

43. Stéphanie Rousseau commented
    November 16th, 2011 at 10:13am

Great pictures!
    Stéphanie Rousseau´s last blog post ..♥ Petit Raton Laveur cherche son coeur ♥

44. Jane commented
    November 16th, 2011 at 5:11pm

Dear Holly, It was so great to be there! Though I have to admit that I was too shy to come up and talk to you, let alone have my book signed… How old am I? Must be the only person over 30 going to a book signing without having her book signed. Oh well! I loved it anyway. It was such a relaxed atmosphere and so much fun to see you talk about your way into decorating. Just very impressing! And yes, a few things really stuck with me and I am turning them round in my head. Let’s see what comes of it…

45. decor8 commented
    November 16th, 2011 at 5:16pm

@Jane! Hi! Oh I’m sad to hear you were shy — why!??! Okay so next time there is an event, if you can come, PLEASE don’t be shy okay?!??!

46. Nicole commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 1:06am

Dear Holly, I’m still completely blown away! It was sooooo much fun! You’re such a lovely, inspiring, funny and authentic person. I’m so happy and can’t stop smiling that I could be a part of this Event! THANK YOU!
    … and next time maybe you going to sing for us!
    XO Nicole
    Nicole´s last blog post ..Wien und 10 Kilo Knöpfe

47. Jane commented
    November 18th, 2011 at 2:12pm

Good question. I think it’s because I feel that I am not contributing anything, just consuming, if you know what I mean. I don’t have a blog, I just read them ;) But you’re right anyway, so yes, I promise not to be shy next time!

48. Lysann commented
    November 20th, 2011 at 9:52pm

Dear Holly,
    It was such a pleasure to meet you in person! And the whole party was just incredible amazing. Your are such an inspiring, heartwarming and lovely person. I’m looking forward to meet you somewhen again already.
    And I’m soooo happy to have a signed copy now as it will remind me of this day forever. I love playing around with the moodboard materials you gave me as gift as it is so much fun. I’ll take photos of it to send them to you :)

Love. XO
    Lysann
    Lysann´s last blog post ..Es ist soweit

49. soho barcelona commented
    November 6th, 2012 at 1:09am

I just like the valuable info you provide on your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check once more here regularly. I’m quite certain I will be informed a lot of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!
    soho barcelona´s last blog post ..1