Events + Markets

November 14, 2011

Hello friends! I had such a great time in Berlin this weekend! The weather, the hotel, the people, the party, even the Russian disco we went to later on for a little fun — it was all such a fantastic adventure. It feels great to begin a new week with such a warm heart – thank you to my many friends and guests for making my German interiors book, Lust auf Wohnen, launch party at the Soho House in Berlin such an amazing event but also to the many, many bloggers who attended – oh my goodness, what a crowd of stylish, warm and chatty people!

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

I thought I’d share some highlights from my day captured so brilliantly by photographer Sina Preikschat. The amazing Miss Sina not only shot photos at our photo wall, but she took all of the others shown below that I think came out super nice. I also loved how she managed to stay somewhat invisible as she worked and also how comfortable all of our guests felt having their photo taken. Thank you Sina, you’re a star…

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Above you can see my guests arriving downstairs at the Soho House Berlin to check in and claim their goody bags sponsored by Etsy (with a special thanks to Emily and Matt) along with some decor8 contributions from my friends Snug Studio, Enna, luzia pimpinella, Formes Berlin via Sommerfugl and Ferm Living who supplied some items for me to decorate the room with and who sponsored our fun giveaway. Also in the bag, journals supplied by Callwey Verlag for taking notes.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Caroline Ditting (from Callwey) and I are shown above. She helped me enormously to plan this event and did a super great job. Thank you Caroline! Here we are preparing a table to decorate with shiny things, candles, balloons and eventually, cupcakes – yummy, delicious cupcakes.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Speaking before a very full house.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

There I am with Ms. Luxat from Brigitte magazine. Brigitte was the official sponsor of my event at Soho House which was an honor… To see Germany’s top lifestyle magazine for women support me in this way is absolutely, positively wonderful. I love how they “get” the blogging community and how much they invest in reaching out to not just me, but the many fabulous people who author blogs.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

My amazingly sweet guests made me laugh and put a smile on my face throughout the day. PEOPLE make any event and I’m so happy the “snob factor” didn’t exist here – everyone was warm, approachable and very smiley and open-minded and stylish, too!

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Loot bags filled with goodies that have gorgeous pine trees screen-printed onto them.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

We had some VIP seating so I made seat tags for those guests – mostly my sponsors, volunteers and very good friends.

A full house…

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

My guest book along with other goodies for guests to enjoy.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Caroline Ditting speaking for Callwey Verlag, the publisher of my book here in Germany.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!Juliane

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Oh the cupcakes were divine!

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Sharmaine, me and Jack. They are both from Dialogue Books in Berlin. They brought some copies of the book to be sold during my event and helped me with some party planning, too. If anyone wants a German signed copy, you can email them and they’ll ship one to you. sharmaine AT dialoguebooks.org is the lady to ask.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Caroline with Steffi and my good friend Anne who not only helped me set up but who gave everyone either her illustrated postcards or rubber stamps from the Enna shop.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Lutz and me. He has enough charm and energy to fill an empty room. What an authentic, witty and caring person. So glad to know you, Lutz!

Clara, Anette + Gabi

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Left: Marlene / Right: Steffi and Matt Stinchcomb from Etsy being silly. I was so honored to meet Matt in person after knowing him online for 6 years now.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Left: Kathrin / Right: Anna-Maria who owns Fraulein Wild, a lovely cafe in Berlin where we ate Sunday morning. She is so adorable and bakes wonderfully!

Berlin Book Party Highlights!Left: / brigitte / Right: andrea +bettina

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Need I say more? Nom nom nom.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Me and the Dialogue Books gang.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Steffi giving her speech about how bloggers can work with magazines like Brigitte.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

The Brigitte magazine girls and Matt Stinchcomb from Etsy – all were my fab sponsors.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

It’s fun to be silly at your own book launch, you know? Why be serious when you can live life and have a ball!

Left: Didem / Right: Laura

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Every single girl had a crush on this guy after he spoke. He has tons of charm and is very intelligent and witty. I also think it’s the floppy hair, girls really dig that longish floppy hair. Matt sparkles when he speaks. People like to think Etsy is mega popular because it’s a great online marketplace but I think chicks just dig Matt. Don’t believe me? I had at least 10 people come up to me after he spoke and said, “I’m reopening my Etsy shop now that I saw Matt!” and the stars in their eyes totally spelled out: CRUSHING majorly on the Mattster.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

When Matt spoke, people smiled, laughed and listened.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

See what I mean? In blue is my co-author Joanna Copestick who flew in from London and in green is the adorable artist and blogger Stephanie Levy.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

See what I mean about loving to hear Matt speak?

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Oh yes, Matt worked the crowd.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

At one point he asked, “Who thinks I’m totally dreamy?” and here is the reaction. No, just kidding. This was actually when I was speaking as I love to ask questions when I speak or else I feel like everyone will fall asleep.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Ladies bonding on a very sweet plush sofa that I wanted to carry home with me.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Oh yes, and the book. We came for that too.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Fun to see my guests peeking in on Lust auf Wohnen! Go book go! Work it!

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Very sweet ladies that I felt honored to meet.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Lutz and me acting silly.

Oh hello pretty lady…

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Brigitte had the sweetest personality and the most incredible red hair.

Left: Lenka + Nadja, Right: Rieke + Ricarda

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Dorolos Wally from klienFORMAT magazine who not only flew in from Vienna but who so generously GAVE everyone a copy of her self made magazine seen chatting here with my friend Anne.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

I didn’t get to meet this guest, anyone want to shout him out? I’d love to know!

Lovely Steffi.

Me, Jack and Sharmaine.

Caroline Ditting

Berlin Book Party Highlights!Right: Valerie + Donna / Left: Marlene + Steffi

Berlin Book Party Highlights!Maren + Lola

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Left: Elizabeth Rushe who looks like a double of Florence and the Machine / Right: Anna-Maria Wild and Steffi

Hamburg girls

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Left: Lutz, me /  Right: Stephanie Levy + Eleanor from EM Papers. These lovely ladies came all the way up from Munich, loved having them!

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

Eleanor and Theresa Neubauer.

Berlin Book Party Highlights!

left: ricarda, steffi, rieke / right: nicola

Left: Steffi and Lutz / Right: Andrea

Berlin Book Party Highlights!Didem Strebe + Olivia Tänzer

I want to thank EVERYONE for coming out – I couldn’t believe how many people we had and to think we only could take 50% of those who RSVP’d – whoa, this tells me there is a lot of blogger interest here in Germany so Brigitte and I are putting our heads together for possibly another event this winter so stay tuned!

A big thank you to all who sponsored this event  – I’m so grateful to have all of you in my corner and to call you my friends!

To see many more photos in a slideshow, click here.

(photos: Sina Preikschat.)

You Might Also Like

49 Comments

• Reply frauheuberg November 14, 2011 at 7:00 pm

oh, this looks so fantastic…wonderful…absolutly incredible…i´m so glad for you that you had such a perfect day in Berlin…so sad that i couldn´t come there, too…but amazing shots…so much fun…i can feel the creativity there…what a wonderful event…i hope the next time i could manage it, too…uh…don´t want to miss the next one…a big hug for you and enjoy the emotions after this big party…yeah, Holly…Germany likes you…;)…all the best and hope we see us again…take care…cheers…i…

• Reply Noelle November 14, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Looks like a wonderful time! Fun pictures!

• Reply tinajo November 14, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Seems like a great time – and I wouldn´t mind the cupcakes! :-)

• Reply Juliette November 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm

The German blogosphere has been all abuzz with how fantastic this launch party was, so major congrats to all involved! I’ll definitely be looking forward to more info about the Hamburg event!

• Reply Barbara November 14, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Aw wow looks like you had a great time! Congrats! The party looks like it was a great success! And those cupcakes look delish! :)

• Reply Fatou November 14, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Great photos! Looks like a great fun time. I want one of those cupcakes :-). You are right that is a very stylish group of people.

• Reply michelle November 14, 2011 at 8:00 pm

What a gorgeous space and looks at all of those people, how exciting! I hope you brought some of those cute balloons home with you.

Steffi has amazing style, that blazer is so cool. I’m sure Matt will turn beet red when he reads this. :)

• Reply Stephanie November 14, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Your book launch party in Berlin was a true highlight of the year Holly! I loved meeting you and you are such a beautiful, charming, witty person! I can’t wait to attend your next event, and it was such a pleasure to be a part of this :) Big hugs from Munich! xoxo

• Reply Tori November 14, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Wow! Looks like you guys had loads of fun! And those pink balloons? Love them!

• Reply cafenoHut November 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm

what a great chance to be there. You look amazing…

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 14, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Oh wow! It looks like it was such a ball! SO happy you had such a great time hunnie and you look absolutely gorgeous! So proud of you and you deserve every single lovely thing! :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Igor November 14, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I can’t help but smile while looking at those super happy pics. What a wonderful event! What a pity I couldn’t make it up to Berlin. But next time I am SO in again!! Hugs from Munich, Igor xoxo

• Reply elizabeth November 14, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Holly, you’re a thoughtful batch, thank you for including me, it was a hugely inspiring afternoon. Thank you!

• Reply Renee November 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Too Fun!!! By the way, you look fabulous lady!

xo

• Reply wibke November 14, 2011 at 9:24 pm

oh yes, … to be continued! maybe hamburg or hannover? so I come over there! the pics makes me a bit envious, seems you have a great party! congrats holly, you did a great job!
    lovely greetings, wibke

• Reply Kaisa November 14, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Looks you have had so much fun! And how about thsose cupcakes?? :S SO delicious!!

• Reply Anja November 14, 2011 at 10:21 pm

OMG! All these people with the same interest and passion. Pure inspiration.
    Please do THINK about another event!

So i hope you’re not moving to Berlin?! Although I would totally understand. I moved from Berlin to Hannover. Still suffering from Kulturshock.

could you believe that: I haven’t spotted “Lust auf Wohnen” hier in H.

• Reply Dutch Delights November 14, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Looks like so much fun! Makes me think back at the meet the blogger even in Amsterdam a while ago!!
    Good luck on your German version of the book!

• Reply something Gorgeous November 15, 2011 at 12:05 am

You are living my dream life…..looks like great evening..

• Reply Okka November 15, 2011 at 12:17 am

Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful event, you did such an incredible job! It was such a pleasure to take part and meet all the lovely bloggers. Oh, what a day. Can´t stop smiling when I see these pictures.

• Reply Ana November 15, 2011 at 12:18 am

Hi Holly,

Congratulations! I love the web and all its tools because, although it was your party, your post was actually the last one I read. It was so much fun piecing the event together with the different perspectives of different bloggers.

Congratulations on your book and I wish you all the success you deserve.

All the best!

• Reply julia schenz November 15, 2011 at 12:51 am

ohh my! this makes me wish i was in germany again (not the other side of the world!) i thought i would only miss out on Gluehwein, Skiing and Christkindl markets, but apparently i also missed the blog partay of the year! :( you should repeat this next year please! (and let me know so i can book flights in advance!) :)

hugs from NZ

• Reply Splendidlywendy November 15, 2011 at 4:11 am

Awe, this is just so great. I love seeing all these beautiful women (and a couple fellas) supporting you and the blogging community. Congrats Holly ;)

• Reply Shivani November 15, 2011 at 5:03 am

Holly, the party pictures looks great! Congratulations! You did a great job. No wonder the event was a huge hit. You so deserve it.

xo
    Shivani

• Reply fenny setiawan November 15, 2011 at 8:42 am

I love this post and event. happy for you Holly. You are sweet and warm and lucky to be surrounded by lovely fans in the fabulous place :). All the best.

• Reply Juliane | Fröken Skicklig November 15, 2011 at 8:50 am

Dear Holly, I so much enjoyed the colourful, creative atmosphere at the event – thank you for a wonderful and inspiring day, you filled it with a lot of warmth and joy!

• Reply Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! November 15, 2011 at 9:10 am

This looks amazing!

I love Soho House, it’s a great hotel.

• Reply Judy November 15, 2011 at 9:30 am

Wonderful day!Everything looks like so fun~

• Reply nina November 15, 2011 at 9:31 am

it was great to be a part of it. you are lovely :)

• Reply gudy herder November 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Those pics speak by themselves. Looks like a real happy event with lots of interesting people and excellent co speakers. What a pity I couldn´t make it to come over. Let us know when you are going to throw the next part!! Ah, and thks for sharing that post, what a great vibe!

• Reply brigitte November 15, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Hi Holly,

thanks for the shout-out and the compliments ! :-) You are so vibrant and inspiring and Janina and I enjoyed the event very much. The creative atmosphere was unbelievable and we met so many like-minded people ! We were especially impressed with Matt – someone should really invite him to give a TED talk ! ;-)

All the best,
    Brigitte

• Reply allesistgut November 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Fun pictures! I can feel your joy through the pictures. :)

• Reply meenal@maison marigold November 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm

what an incredible show!! thanks for sharing all these lovely images..makes me feel like i was there too!! have a wonderful day, holly..xx meenal

• Reply Shalini November 15, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Wow! It’s so good to revisit the entire event through your pictures.
    Someday when you have time, I’d like to know how you do your pictures (which editing program) on the blog, it takes me days to process mine, how are you so quick?
    Thanks again for sharing…

• Reply clara November 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Dear Holly…
    it was so great meeting you.. I’m really laughing about all this crazy pictures…Looking forward to the next time… I might come to hanover in January for a styling job… perhaps I might step by to meet Tinna and you?!
    Hugs from hamburg
    Clara

• Reply Emily November 15, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Dear Holly,
    Etsy loved to be part of this event! We are happy to hear that people loved our goodie bags, since Anda worked really hard on making them special.
    All the best from Berlin!

• Reply Candi November 15, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Looking at these pictures makes me smile….looks like Geat Fun! Congrats!

• Reply Laura Trevey November 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Oh MY!!! How fun ~ balloons, cupcakes, great company… more balloons and cupcakes :)

• Reply kate November 15, 2011 at 11:46 pm

seriously, amazing. the venue is gorgeous. truly inspiring! :)

• Reply Rachie November 16, 2011 at 12:22 am

Congratulations to you Holly! Looks like a totally fabulous party, you must have been thrilled. You must have one in London at Shoreditch house!
    Rachie xo

• Reply gluten free gift November 16, 2011 at 1:43 am

Scrolling through your photos I felt like such a voyeur! I would have loved to attend your party :) Congratulations on your book – it looks like you’ve attracted so many good people into your world – thanks for the ongoing inspiration you provide. Claudine

• Reply Shannon Fricke November 16, 2011 at 7:56 am

Holly,
    An uber party for an uber gal…
    Congrats…
    Sx

• Reply Stéphanie Rousseau November 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

Great pictures!

• Reply Jane November 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Dear Holly, It was so great to be there! Though I have to admit that I was too shy to come up and talk to you, let alone have my book signed… How old am I? Must be the only person over 30 going to a book signing without having her book signed. Oh well! I loved it anyway. It was such a relaxed atmosphere and so much fun to see you talk about your way into decorating. Just very impressing! And yes, a few things really stuck with me and I am turning them round in my head. Let’s see what comes of it…

• Reply decor8 November 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm

@Jane! Hi! Oh I’m sad to hear you were shy — why!??! Okay so next time there is an event, if you can come, PLEASE don’t be shy okay?!??!

• Reply Nicole November 17, 2011 at 1:06 am

Dear Holly, I’m still completely blown away! It was sooooo much fun! You’re such a lovely, inspiring, funny and authentic person. I’m so happy and can’t stop smiling that I could be a part of this Event! THANK YOU!
    … and next time maybe you going to sing for us!
    XO Nicole

• Reply Jane November 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Good question. I think it’s because I feel that I am not contributing anything, just consuming, if you know what I mean. I don’t have a blog, I just read them ;) But you’re right anyway, so yes, I promise not to be shy next time!

• Reply Lysann November 20, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Dear Holly,
    It was such a pleasure to meet you in person! And the whole party was just incredible amazing. Your are such an inspiring, heartwarming and lovely person. I’m looking forward to meet you somewhen again already.
    And I’m soooo happy to have a signed copy now as it will remind me of this day forever. I love playing around with the moodboard materials you gave me as gift as it is so much fun. I’ll take photos of it to send them to you :)

Love. XO
    Lysann

• Reply soho barcelona November 6, 2012 at 1:09 am

I just like the valuable info you provide on your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check once more here regularly. I’m quite certain I will be informed a lot of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!