Trends

Clare Nicolson + The Triangle Trend

November 17, 2011

Have you noticed that triangle motifs are all the rage, still? I went with the trend for my party Saturday and had accents around the room with triangle prints. If you were there, you may have noticed. But yes, triangles are the new black, perhaps this started with the pendant trend, at least online that seems to be where the whole triangle obsession popped up – when crafty bloggers were showing their triangle-shaped pendants displayed above their desk, party table or stretched across a wall in their living room. Who knows where the triangle madness began but hey, let’s roll with it, right? I think the colorful, quirky and fun Clare Nicolson collection of digitally printed interior textiles and accessories fits the trend well – she has a few triangles working their magic on her cushions and I’m loving it. Triangles are aitch.oh.tee HOT!

Clare Nicolson + The Triangle Trend

Clare Nicolson + The Triangle Trend

Clare’s entire range includes tea towels, stuffed bird pillows, throw cushions, handmade greeting cards and other interior accessories where Clare incorporates vintage fabrics to produce designs that are extra special with a touch of retro granny chic charm. Her line of cushions caught my eye today so I thought I’d share them. They certainly brighten those gray skies!

You can see more of Clare’s work over at All Things Original – a great online shop featuring loads of sellers and fun products. You can also check out her look book over at Issuu here.

So, tell me – are you digging the triangle-as-design-motif trend? I wrote about it over a year ago for an article on Etsy (see it here), but it seems our little polygon friends are surfacing again – stronger than ever!

(images: clare nicolson)

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Heather November 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I might need the Garden and Pink Bird pillows. Very cute! Aside from the triangular bunting trend I hadn’t noticed but I will now :-) BTW, I finally got your book yesterday and it’s amazing! I haven’t put it down!

• Reply Igor November 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Well I must admit, I love triangles – especially since I obviously love bunting:-) I generally love the graphic-illustrative-artsy touch to triangle design, something that is nicely done in the pillow showcased in your blog post or that brands like Ferm Living execute fabulously. So, when it comes to triangles: I’m game! Cheerio, Igor xoxo

• Reply tinajo November 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Wow – love the colors and patterns here, lovely! :-)

• Reply Caroline November 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm

It struck me when I read your post, that it really is a trend. I see it often I think and I like it!

• Reply Zane November 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm

adorable

• Reply Tori November 17, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Definitely dig the triangles! Actually all things geometric! So retro and it reminds me of my childhood in the 80s. I’ve been planning on incorporating it into my sewing! Woop!

• Reply Gesa November 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I love them. Beautiful!

• Reply Wendi @ A Southern Yogi November 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I love those pillows!! I want the one with the birds!

• Reply Caroline My red poppy November 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Totally fan, we love Clare Nicolson’s work ! We had to choose few cushions for our shop, but I love all of them !

• Reply Rose November 18, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Hi Holly – Until I read this article and referred back to the Etsy article you mention, I had not consciously become aware of the Triangle Trend. But something in the sub-conscious is beginning to surface here and now that the awareness has hit, I’ll bet I will not being seeing stars before my eyes, but triangles.

• Reply Michael November 20, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Triangles are the strongest of the geometric shapes, and that strength has to appeal to us even visually.

• Reply molly November 22, 2011 at 10:14 am

how cute how cute! i like this style of pillows

• Reply Bron December 6, 2011 at 6:13 am

Yes I love the new triangle trend. So much so, that my blog header is all triangles!
    I think it looks retro, geometric, funky but classy too (triangles I mean, not my blog header!)