Clare Nicolson + The Triangle Trend

Have you noticed that triangle motifs are all the rage, still? I went with the trend for my party Saturday and had accents around the room with triangle prints. If you were there, you may have noticed. But yes, triangles are the new black, perhaps this started with the pendant trend, at least online that seems to be where the whole triangle obsession popped up – when crafty bloggers were showing their triangle-shaped pendants displayed above their desk, party table or stretched across a wall in their living room. Who knows where the triangle madness began but hey, let’s roll with it, right? I think the colorful, quirky and fun Clare Nicolson collection of digitally printed interior textiles and accessories fits the trend well – she has a few triangles working their magic on her cushions and I’m loving it. Triangles are aitch.oh.tee HOT!

Clare Nicolson Cushions

Clare Nicolson Cushions

Clare’s entire range includes tea towels, stuffed bird pillows, throw cushions, handmade greeting cards and other interior accessories where Clare incorporates vintage fabrics to produce designs that are extra special with a touch of retro granny chic charm. Her line of cushions caught my eye today so I thought I’d share them. They certainly brighten those gray skies!

You can see more of Clare’s work over at All Things Original – a great online shop featuring loads of sellers and fun products. You can also check out her look book over at Issuu here.

So, tell me – are you digging the triangle-as-design-motif trend? I wrote about it over a year ago for an article on Etsy (see it here), but it seems our little polygon friends are surfacing again – stronger than ever!

(images: clare nicolson)

Posted by decor8 in trends on November 17, 2011

1. Heather commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 2:33pm

I might need the Garden and Pink Bird pillows. Very cute! Aside from the triangular bunting trend I hadn’t noticed but I will now :-) BTW, I finally got your book yesterday and it’s amazing! I haven’t put it down!

2. Igor commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 2:33pm

Well I must admit, I love triangles – especially since I obviously love bunting:-) I generally love the graphic-illustrative-artsy touch to triangle design, something that is nicely done in the pillow showcased in your blog post or that brands like Ferm Living execute fabulously. So, when it comes to triangles: I’m game! Cheerio, Igor xoxo

3. tinajo commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 2:49pm

Wow – love the colors and patterns here, lovely! :-)

4. Caroline commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 3:03pm

It struck me when I read your post, that it really is a trend. I see it often I think and I like it!

5. Zane commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 3:29pm

adorable

6. Tori commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Definitely dig the triangles! Actually all things geometric! So retro and it reminds me of my childhood in the 80s. I’ve been planning on incorporating it into my sewing! Woop!
    Tori´s last blog post ..New Purchases: Books

7. Gesa commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 4:12pm

I love them. Beautiful!
    Gesa´s last blog post ..Von Bäumen und Bildern

8. Wendi @ A Southern Yogi commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 5:05pm

I love those pillows!! I want the one with the birds!
    Wendi @ A Southern Yogi´s last blog post ..On My Soapbox

9. Caroline My red poppy commented
    November 17th, 2011 at 5:22pm

Totally fan, we love Clare Nicolson’s work ! We had to choose few cushions for our shop, but I love all of them !

10. Rose commented
    November 18th, 2011 at 10:24pm

Hi Holly – Until I read this article and referred back to the Etsy article you mention, I had not consciously become aware of the Triangle Trend. But something in the sub-conscious is beginning to surface here and now that the awareness has hit, I’ll bet I will not being seeing stars before my eyes, but triangles.
    Rose´s last blog post ..The Secret To Selecting A Contractor Or Artisan

11. Michael commented
    November 20th, 2011 at 11:29pm

Triangles are the strongest of the geometric shapes, and that strength has to appeal to us even visually.

12. molly commented
    November 22nd, 2011 at 10:14am

how cute how cute! i like this style of pillows
    molly´s last blog post ..All in romantic: From first meet to proposal II

13. Bron commented
    December 6th, 2011 at 6:13am

Yes I love the new triangle trend. So much so, that my blog header is all triangles!
    I think it looks retro, geometric, funky but classy too (triangles I mean, not my blog header!)