Decorating Tips

Natural Style by Walther & Co

November 21, 2011

I love these images and products from Danish interiors brand, Walther & Co. because they look so modern and casual but also very warm and cozy. I find natural elements so charming, especially during this time of year when all I want to do is light candles everywhere and enjoy my home. I’m currently obsessed with stars, especially silver ones with glitter on them that look (or better yet, are) vintage. I also am into handmade books like the ones shown below in this image…

Natural Style by Walther & Co

I also can’t stop thinking about how great silver glittery stars look with brown kraft paper and old book pages in cream with black type… I will demonstrate how to use them in my gift wrapping class in Berlin (info here) on Friday – I can’t wait to meet my students and work together because I have so many ideas I’ve tucked away in my head and can’t wait to show you. For those who cannot make it, I’ll share a glimpse of what we did on decor8 next week.

Natural Style by Walther & Co

Natural Style by Walther & Co

Natural Style by Walther & Co

Natural Style by Walther & Co

Natural Style by Walther & Co

Natural Style by Walther & Co

For now, Walther & Co. is inspiring me so much for one of my own home projects and plus, I’d love to order some things from them so hopefully I’ll figure out how to do that because it’s not so clear on their website… I especially like the table with the printed table image on it, did you catch that in the photo above?

(images: walther & co)

You Might Also Like

33 Comments

• Reply tinajo November 21, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I can´t see a single pic – why on earth is that? Just big, white boxes where the photos are supposed to be, but I can see photos on other blogs. This is weird (and a bummer since you describe it so I want to see it).

• Reply Igor November 21, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Beautiful style, very quiet, natural, laid-back and yet so charming and eye catching! Great find!! Cheers, Igor xoxo

• Reply Splendidlywendy November 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Thank you for this post, what an awesome Monday morning read before my work day starts. This is just my style & is inspiring all kinds of ideas in my head for a natural, vintage Christmas tree! Yeah :)

• Reply Nadine November 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Dear Holly,
    there is a german online-shop http://www.buksbom.de where I´ve seen the brand, very beautiful!!!!
    I´m living in Berlin, and unfortunately missed your bloggers event due to a journey and now again I won´t be there on friday, what a shame!!!!! Hope there will be another chance!
    Have a nice time here in Berlin, if you want – check out the café where I make cakes&food: Kaffeebar, Graefestr. 8 in Kreuzberg!
    *Nadine

• Reply elisa November 21, 2011 at 5:07 pm

the cut-outs are so beautiful, metal and printed paper. beautifully styled, lovely shades. x

• Reply Crispin Korschen November 21, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Hi Holly

The simple colour palette of these photos is just gorgeous…..thanks for featuring this company……and lucky you spending time in Berlin.
    Crispin

• Reply Glenda Childers November 21, 2011 at 5:26 pm

So simple and beautiful.

Enjoy the holiday season, Holly.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply Rebecca November 21, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I love the styling for this shoot, the silvers greys and craft paper brown work so well for a modern naturl palette x

• Reply Deborah Velásquez November 21, 2011 at 8:25 pm

What beautiful photos, the styling and the color. It is nice to see a different palette for the holiday season. Absolutely delicious!

• Reply KAAM November 21, 2011 at 8:28 pm

So beautiful I love their look and Im happy to read your Ikea news on FB:))

• Reply Anette November 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Oh my gosh! I am sooooo in LOVE with the grey/natural/off white theme you showed in these pictures! What a cool brand – scandinavian design is just gorgeous…
    Happy candle lightening!

• Reply Karen November 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm

GORGEOUS pallet — totally what I love. These images are really inspiring — I was just thinking yesterday about bringing a big branch into my studio to photograph some of my holiday work. Thanks!

• Reply Analu November 21, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Lovely style!

You have a very nice blog, seriously!! :-)

• Reply Zane November 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

every single piece is so beautiful

• Reply Maria November 21, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Printed table is great! I also love little dress on the first photo!

• Reply Melissa- Miss Sew & So November 21, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Those boxes of silhouette’s are sooo beautiful….

And I always love a branch bringing, as you say, the outside in….

Gorgeous endless inspiration…

Thanks :)

Melissa x

• Reply Melissa- Miss Sew & So November 21, 2011 at 10:32 pm

PS- Do you know how to get *into* their site Holly??

The images are gorgeous- am I not reading it right?

Thanks….

M x

• Reply Cait November 21, 2011 at 10:51 pm

• Reply Renee November 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm

When it comes to glitter, well, I just can’t get enough. Love today’s post – I’m beginning to feel the holiday spirit begin to take hold ;)

xo

• Reply ChristinaInAustralia November 21, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Can you let us know whether you managed to order something? I’ll be in Germany over Christmas and would love it to have a parcel of these goodies waiting for me…

• Reply fiona November 22, 2011 at 12:51 am

Ditto everything above – beautiful styling, wonderful palette of colours and very inspiring. Thanks for posting Fiona x

• Reply Anya Andores November 22, 2011 at 6:40 am

Hi Holly,
    Love their stuff too – however I have a feeling that they are strictly wholesale, so I would imagine you’d have to call them to find a stockist – let us know what happens:)
    In the meantime have a splendid day,
    Axox

• Reply Jenni November 22, 2011 at 6:41 am

Ah, lovely as always :) It makes me feel cold in all the good ways!

• Reply Anna Mark November 22, 2011 at 8:33 am

Wow these images are just darling! I loved looking at them quickly and then going back through and actually picking out all the great details. thanks for sharing ..

• Reply The Creative Artista November 22, 2011 at 11:53 am

I really love Scandinavian design. Perhaps because that’s where I’m from ;)
    These pictures are truly amazing. It’s very shabby chic, or kind of like vintage meets modern. Beautiful :)

• Reply Anke November 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I´ve seen a few things from Wather & Co at the German online-shop http://www.homeundliving.com/
    Viele Grüße
    Anke

• Reply Nicola Holden November 22, 2011 at 7:04 pm

The grey/natural/off white scheme has a very Scandinavian feel – restful and relaxed. Beautiful pictures!

• Reply Judy November 23, 2011 at 6:53 am

I can feel the winter comes…Cold and quiet,but I love them~

• Reply Fatima Fernandez November 24, 2011 at 1:48 pm

My line of work is more on the elegant and chic side but I think I could blend some of those ideas into my work.

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis November 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

wow Great post & great ideas!
    thanks for sharing..

• Reply Jamie November 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Does anyone know of a place to purchase those tin/metal house lanterns in the U.S.?

• Reply Rick Shaver, PleasantLivingHome November 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm

This look is so close to my heart. It’s just so serene and natural and natural. Love the icy colors that still somehow feel warm and cozy.

• Reply Claire July 7, 2012 at 1:10 am

Lovely to see such fresh ideas. Reminds my of dreams in the night. Well done!!