Arts + Crafts

Rie Elise Larsen

November 23, 2011

I always feel a surge of energy whenever I visit the website of Danish designer Rie Elise Larsen. Her work fills me with ideas and I always feel more creative whenever I visit her site for a browse. It’s fun to see what she’s up to and her current collection is just gorgeous. I love the zing of fresh green, neon pink, hot orange and the other crisp brights. I also like seeing pastels with graphic black and white. Perfection!

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

I found a video (below) of this talented lady showing how to make a fun ‘Julekugler’.

I love watching people make things, don’t you? I’m a huge fan of her work and a customer, I have some lamps, cloth cords and ornaments from her that I purchased at local shop Sommerfugl owned by my good friend Daniela. Isn’t Rie Elise Larsen such an inspiring creator? I think so!

(images: rie elise larsen)

You Might Also Like

36 Comments

• Reply Heather November 23, 2011 at 2:47 pm

That video is terrific! I have been thinking of doing our tree in homemade ornaments this year, maybe all of our Christmas decorations. These would be great! I think my ten-year-old daughter and I could make them together. There’s something nice about a handmade Christmas :-) Thanks for posting!

• Reply Jennie November 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I simply adore every single one of her creations! At one point I was on a man hunt to find some of her items for sale in the U.S. but had much disappointment. What I did find throughout Europe was great, but the shipping cost was outrageous. Here’s to hoping some of her items make it across the Atlantic. =)

• Reply Laura {The Embellished Nest} November 23, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Thanks for sharing her work! Her website has left me very inspired too!

• Reply Kompromisslos toll November 23, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Wow, some of the new designs are gorgeous! I love the gray/yellow graphic one especially. And the orange ones… and… :-)

• Reply Emma November 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Just sat watching that video mesmerised! Love her work, such pretty colours and patterns… Might try my hand at making a ‘Julekugler’ this weekend! Wish me luck!!

• Reply Denise November 23, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Wow. I’m in love with her work. And the video is wonderful.

• Reply Rebecca November 23, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Just these few pics has left me inspired so im definitly off to browse her website! thanks for the share!x

• Reply Melanie Couchouron November 23, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I love your so inspiring decor8 blog!

• Reply Valentina November 23, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Incredible!!!!!! I love so much her style, her colors, her ability!!! Thanks Holly for these inspirations!
    vale

• Reply Nathi November 23, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Really inspiring!!

• Reply kiki November 23, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Thanx for the tip! I have to go and visit her blog!
    Kiki

• Reply Rachellabelle November 24, 2011 at 12:47 am

Such charming colours and patterns!:)

• Reply Cinthya November 24, 2011 at 1:15 am

I watched all her videos because of this post. I’m going to make the decorations for a little Christmas tree that I use in my office. I can’t wait. Thanks.

• Reply Mariela November 24, 2011 at 1:20 am

I love everything, the colors, ideas, patterns… everything!

• Reply Rosco November 24, 2011 at 2:30 am

The video is so inspiring. Also I love her work. Beautiful!

• Reply Jane November 24, 2011 at 4:07 am

Oh Holly, I’m a huge fan, too. But finding her products in Australia seems impossible and the freight from Europe too costly. Sigh. J x

• Reply Siobhán November 24, 2011 at 5:19 am

Love her designs! I’ve already downloaded a few paper patterns and can’t wait to use one for renovating my chest of drawers. It’s so hard to find interesting patterns that aren’t extortionate and these are free, so even better! Thanks for sharing xx

• Reply The Design Notebook November 24, 2011 at 8:33 am

What a brilliant video. Thanks so much for sharing. I didn’t k ow her so will check out more of her stuff now.

Nadine

• Reply Juliette November 24, 2011 at 8:34 am

I love her stuff! There’s a shop down in Bamberg that carries a large selection of her products and it’s just as fun to see them all grouped together as it is to have one piece in your home. What a fun video find, too!

• Reply Brinja November 24, 2011 at 9:20 am

Yay, hurray for DIY! -and hurray for cool Danish women :)

Have a great day
    -b

• Reply the chronic utlititarian November 24, 2011 at 2:04 pm

i love this video, holly.
    thank you for posting it.

happy thanksgiving.

• Reply ArticulateArt November 24, 2011 at 2:11 pm

The owl lamp is so cute! Thanks for sharing the video~

• Reply JEN November 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm

This was very inspiring indeed! I love the geometric patterns and pops of color against the muted backdrop of grays, black, and white! The papers make me want to dust off my book of orgami and get crafty! Great post! :) xo

• Reply siany November 24, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I love looking at people making stuff, more than going to a dance gala :) There is something magical about christmas balls, and I definitely love the christmas tree with all the pines..

• Reply sle?nael November 24, 2011 at 5:09 pm

really nice pictures

• Reply Lysann November 25, 2011 at 7:43 am

I absolutly love her stuff, too! It’s so amazing and when I see it, a lot of ideas start sparkling awaiting to get realized… And the video is just GREAT!
    Thanks Holly for sharing and thanks Rie Elise Larsen for making

XO. Lysann

• Reply Meriem November 25, 2011 at 11:43 am

Beautiful images and really inspiring to start making some handmade decorations myself for Christmas. Love the stars with buttons in the center!

• Reply Kim November 25, 2011 at 5:20 pm

What beautiful photos! I just love the black and white shots with touches of pastel colours, I’ve never seen anything quite like them before. Thanks so much for sharing x

• Reply Vanessa Adao November 25, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Very inspiring Holly!

Kisses and hugs from Florida!
    Vanessa

• Reply Dynamite Scents November 26, 2011 at 10:55 am

I like this style very much. So colorful and vibrant. The mix of black and white with a few stand out colors is captivating, but the use of neon colors makes it stand out even more so. Great works of art. Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Bobby November 26, 2011 at 1:56 pm

“crisp” and “zingy” are perfect adjectives for her work! Very pretty

• Reply Desha November 26, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Great video, I checed out her other videos on youtube and love how they use the same platform- nice music, quick- creative and fun to watch. thanks for sharing!

• Reply nicole November 27, 2011 at 7:47 am

thank you so much for sharing,it´s very inspiring?

• Reply Judy November 28, 2011 at 10:56 am

It looks very easy from the video, but when I make it ,it’s so hard…..WHY?

• Reply Fran November 30, 2011 at 11:40 am

very inspiring post! :) thanks for this! :)

xx, Fran

• Reply jenny+gra December 1, 2011 at 11:10 pm

If you love screenprinting and design!