Rie Elise Larsen

I always feel a surge of energy whenever I visit the website of Danish designer Rie Elise Larsen. Her work fills me with ideas and I always feel more creative whenever I visit her site for a browse. It’s fun to see what she’s up to and her current collection is just gorgeous. I love the zing of fresh green, neon pink, hot orange and the other crisp brights. I also like seeing pastels with graphic black and white. Perfection!

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

Rie Elise Larsen

I found a video (below) of this talented lady showing how to make a fun ‘Julekugler’.

I love watching people make things, don’t you? I’m a huge fan of her work and a customer, I have some lamps, cloth cords and ornaments from her that I purchased at local shop Sommerfugl owned by my good friend Daniela. Isn’t Rie Elise Larsen such an inspiring creator? I think so!

(images: rie elise larsen)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on November 23, 2011

1. Heather commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 2:47pm

That video is terrific! I have been thinking of doing our tree in homemade ornaments this year, maybe all of our Christmas decorations. These would be great! I think my ten-year-old daughter and I could make them together. There’s something nice about a handmade Christmas :-) Thanks for posting!
    Heather´s last blog post ..Kitchen-spiration or Don’t Fear Color

2. Jennie commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 3:21pm

I simply adore every single one of her creations! At one point I was on a man hunt to find some of her items for sale in the U.S. but had much disappointment. What I did find throughout Europe was great, but the shipping cost was outrageous. Here’s to hoping some of her items make it across the Atlantic. =)
    Jennie´s last blog post ..GEARING UP FOR A HANDMADE HOLIDAY

3. Laura {The Embellished Nest} commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 3:30pm

Thanks for sharing her work! Her website has left me very inspired too!
    Laura {The Embellished Nest}´s last blog post ..November Skies

4. Kompromisslos toll commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 4:29pm

Wow, some of the new designs are gorgeous! I love the gray/yellow graphic one especially. And the orange ones… and… :-)

5. Emma commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 5:17pm

Just sat watching that video mesmerised! Love her work, such pretty colours and patterns… Might try my hand at making a ‘Julekugler’ this weekend! Wish me luck!!
    Emma´s last blog post ..Ideal Home Show at Christmas, Earls Court, London 16th – 20th November inclusive

6. Denise commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 5:55pm

Wow. I’m in love with her work. And the video is wonderful.

7. Rebecca commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 7:11pm

Just these few pics has left me inspired so im definitly off to browse her website! thanks for the share!x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..Etsy Christmas…Wrapping

8. Melanie Couchouron commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 9:10pm

I love your so inspiring decor8 blog!

9. Valentina commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 10:23pm

Incredible!!!!!! I love so much her style, her colors, her ability!!! Thanks Holly for these inspirations!
    vale
    Valentina´s last blog post ..Tuttantico # Corso di tecnica shabby – 2 parte

10. Nathi commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 10:36pm

Really inspiring!!

11. kiki commented
    November 23rd, 2011 at 10:43pm

Thanx for the tip! I have to go and visit her blog!
    Kiki

12. Rachellabelle commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 12:47am

Such charming colours and patterns!:)

13. Cinthya commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 1:15am

I watched all her videos because of this post. I’m going to make the decorations for a little Christmas tree that I use in my office. I can’t wait. Thanks.
    Cinthya´s last blog post ..Wall of craft tools

14. Mariela commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 1:20am

I love everything, the colors, ideas, patterns… everything!

15. Rosco commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 2:30am

The video is so inspiring. Also I love her work. Beautiful!

16. Jane commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 4:07am

Oh Holly, I’m a huge fan, too. But finding her products in Australia seems impossible and the freight from Europe too costly. Sigh. J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..The winners of my giveaway for my 400+ Planetarians!

17. Siobhán commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 5:19am

Love her designs! I’ve already downloaded a few paper patterns and can’t wait to use one for renovating my chest of drawers. It’s so hard to find interesting patterns that aren’t extortionate and these are free, so even better! Thanks for sharing xx

18. The Design Notebook commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 8:33am

What a brilliant video. Thanks so much for sharing. I didn’t k ow her so will check out more of her stuff now.

Nadine

19. Juliette commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 8:34am

I love her stuff! There’s a shop down in Bamberg that carries a large selection of her products and it’s just as fun to see them all grouped together as it is to have one piece in your home. What a fun video find, too!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Danke.

20. Brinja commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 9:20am

Yay, hurray for DIY! -and hurray for cool Danish women :)

Have a great day
    -b

21. the chronic utlititarian commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 2:04pm

i love this video, holly.
    thank you for posting it.

happy thanksgiving.
    the chronic utlititarian´s last blog post ..a lil head rubbin’

22. ArticulateArt commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 2:11pm

The owl lamp is so cute! Thanks for sharing the video~
    ArticulateArt´s last blog post ..Castles

23. JEN commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 4:00pm

This was very inspiring indeed! I love the geometric patterns and pops of color against the muted backdrop of grays, black, and white! The papers make me want to dust off my book of orgami and get crafty! Great post! :) xo
    JEN´s last blog post ..Jen’s Art Additions…love print

24. siany commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 4:48pm

I love looking at people making stuff, more than going to a dance gala :) There is something magical about christmas balls, and I definitely love the christmas tree with all the pines..
    siany´s last blog post ..Sale for Black Friday Etsy and Cyber Monday Etsy

25. sle?nael commented
    November 24th, 2011 at 5:09pm

really nice pictures

26. Lysann commented
    November 25th, 2011 at 7:43am

I absolutly love her stuff, too! It’s so amazing and when I see it, a lot of ideas start sparkling awaiting to get realized… And the video is just GREAT!
    Thanks Holly for sharing and thanks Rie Elise Larsen for making

XO. Lysann

27. Meriem commented
    November 25th, 2011 at 11:43am

Beautiful images and really inspiring to start making some handmade decorations myself for Christmas. Love the stars with buttons in the center!

28. Kim commented
    November 25th, 2011 at 5:20pm

What beautiful photos! I just love the black and white shots with touches of pastel colours, I’ve never seen anything quite like them before. Thanks so much for sharing x
    Kim´s last blog post ..Pacha Design leaf lantern

29. Vanessa Adao commented
    November 25th, 2011 at 11:56pm

Very inspiring Holly!

Kisses and hugs from Florida!
    Vanessa

Vanessa Adao´s last blog post ..Dear Santa…

30. Dynamite Scents commented
    November 26th, 2011 at 10:55am

I like this style very much. So colorful and vibrant. The mix of black and white with a few stand out colors is captivating, but the use of neon colors makes it stand out even more so. Great works of art. Thank you for sharing.
    Dynamite Scents´s last blog post ..Scentsy Buddy – The Perfect Christmas Gift

31. Bobby commented
    November 26th, 2011 at 1:56pm

“crisp” and “zingy” are perfect adjectives for her work! Very pretty

32. Desha commented
    November 26th, 2011 at 4:05pm

Great video, I checed out her other videos on youtube and love how they use the same platform- nice music, quick- creative and fun to watch. thanks for sharing!
    Desha´s last blog post ..The Desha Show: Wild Night on the Catwalk Video Teaser

33. nicole commented
    November 27th, 2011 at 7:47am

thank you so much for sharing,it´s very inspiring?

34. Judy commented
    November 28th, 2011 at 10:56am

It looks very easy from the video, but when I make it ,it’s so hard…..WHY?
    Judy´s last blog post ..Lovely fire balloons for kids

35. Fran commented
    November 30th, 2011 at 11:40am

very inspiring post! :) thanks for this! :)

xx, Fran

36. jenny+gra commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 11:10pm

If you love screenprinting and design!
    jenny+gra´s last blog post ..SHHH MY DARLING SHOP OPENING!