West Elm Wish List: 14 Favorite Things

I was thinking recently about American interiors retailer West Elm and how much I miss having a store nearby (or even in my country!) where I can go for inspiration and to buy great decorating objects from lighting to furniture and beyond. For those of you who once lived in America and who now live abroad you must be able to relate to sometimes feeling cut off from the mother ship, right!? Shopping in the states is always a huge draw for me when I visit home and I can’t wait until I’m back in NYC this January to hit the stores and indulge again – even if only to window shop!

West Elm Wish List - 14 Favorite Things

1. Owl dessert plates, 2. Turned-Leg Dhurrie Ottoman, 3. Marquis Rug, 4. Field Study Rimmed Dessert Plates.

When I’m missing a particular store, as dorky as this sounds, I’ll often visit their website and daydream about the things that I’d love to have but  today I thought I’d take it a step further and pull together a little West Elm wish list to inspire you, make home feel a little less far away for me, and hopefully to highlight some things that those of you living stateside may like to check out for yourself.

West Elm Wish List - 14 Favorite Things

5. Deco Sequin Pillow, 6. Long arm chandelier, 7. Taper shade sconce, 8. Chalkboard Candlepot.

West Elm Wish List - 14 Favorite Things
9. Porcelain ring dish, 10. Finn pendant, 11. Chevron shower curtain, 12. Turned table lamp.

westrl

13. Floating lacquer frames (love! eek!).

West Elm Wish List - 14 Favorite Things
14. Paul Loebach Dining Table.

Though most of these companies (like West Elm) do ship internationally now, it’s not the same experience as walking into an actual shop to touch and experience the product in person, especially for a very tactile person like me but I can’t complain AND that chevron shower curtain IS calling my name, what about you!?

I hope that you’ve enjoyed my 14 faves…

(images: west elm)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on November 30, 2011

1. Andrea @ the yellow cottage commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 12:07am

Those chalkboard candlepots would be super easy to make. They would be cute seating cards/placeholders for a dinner party.
    Andrea @ the yellow cottage´s last blog post ..House Tour – the girly bathroom

2. Jack commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 12:13am

Love those chalkboard candle pots!

3. Anna commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 12:23am

Oh my goodness the chalkboard candlepot is just amazing. Great finds! Thanks for sharing. XO
    Anna´s last blog post ..Etsy Treasury: Give Her The Gift of Sunshine

4. Jillian commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 12:24am

I just got the new West Elm catalog, and it is a huge source of information. I really love the direction they’ve been taking over the past year, particularly the designer collaboration. The swing arm chandelier you chose above (#3) is definitely one of my favorites as well.
    Jillian´s last blog post ..j. Frances Cyber-Monday Sale

5. Anna commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 1:24am

I love that ottoman and shower curtain. Actually I love just about everything…
    Anna´s last blog post ..Wishful Wednesday: Slipper Flats

6. Kinga commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 2:20am

I Love the…owl plates…field rim dessert plates…chalk candles…marquis rug…all of it pretty much!

7. Barbara commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 3:02am

I am in LOVE with that dining table! The color and material is pretty perfect for it! All 14 items are great but the dining table definitely steals the show for me.
    Barbara´s last blog post ..TASTE: SPANISH HOT CHOCOLATE

8. Kirsten Maxx commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 7:03am

I love looking through details. Those pieces of artworks are amazing! I love how you could reinvent things and make it more unique. No wonder they are your favorite things! On top of my list is #6 Long arm chandelier, it is warm and vibrant. A perfect accent to a vintage living room.

9. Tiffany commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 7:22am

Oh that porcelain bird ring dish is adorable! And only $19! Hmmm…
    Tiffany´s last blog post ..Man & Nature

10. Juliette commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 8:10am

I’m loving that Finn pendant. And yes, I totally know what you mean. It sounds so materialistic, but it’s not that, it’s more of this association of ‘what you’re used to’. I really miss the ease of shopping that came with the variety of shops -and low prices- back in the US. Yes, there’s the internet, but it’s not the same if you want to experience the selection yourself; there’s also the shipping fees. Still, there’s a place for everything I suppose!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Advent by Post: A Calendar in the Mail

11. Stephie commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 8:28am

Oooh Holly! I have just ordered those owl plates – and a few other things as well – they had half price shipping to Australia so I went a little bit crazy! You have some great faves!

Stephie x
    Stephie´s last blog post ..Blackbird…

12. Shosh commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 10:07am

I agree – except that I miss Crate and Barrel ; ) Though I notice now that what I want doesn’t always jive with how people style their homes in my adopted country…even pieces of furniture have different lines (and not to mention that NA furniture is so much bigger than what actually would fit in my apartment)…

13. Lise commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 11:22am

Sweet selection! Thx for sharing

Have a lovely day

Lise

Lise´s last blog post ..Creative Advent Calendar Roundup

14. Lady Deirdre commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 12:29pm

Very nice list :) Can’t help think though that something doesn’t add up…

Where is number 13?

15. decor8 commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 2:28pm

Lady Dierdre – Haha oh thank you, I missed #13, it’s up there now. Thanks for telling me!!!

16. Meg Manion Silliker commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 3:30pm

everything on this list is brilliant. have you seen their beautiful throws? only $28 – in so many colors!!

17. carla@decorativity commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 4:23pm

I LOVE West Elm! I’m fortunate to live just 10 minutes or so from a store. I can’t tell if they’ve stepped up their game in recent years or if I just finally wised up but I think they trump their competitors right now, plus they match my personal style so well. They’ve also done a great job partnering with independent artists and hosting fun events for the community.
    carla@decorativity´s last blog post ..twelve by 2012 updates: part 2

18. Traveling Mama commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 8:34pm

I have a few of these on my wish list as well. I am super excited about visiting West Elm in person in a couple weeks! I think our bags are going to be packed full for the trip home!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..a view from {stockholm}

19. Lindsay doherty commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 9:57pm

Hi i LOVE that cushion and just went on to the website to order it (i live in the uk) and it says ‘We regret that we cannot ship to foreign countries’… Am i missing something?

20. Sue commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 11:56pm

Love love love these floating lacquer frames!!

21. mosey commented
    December 2nd, 2011 at 3:01am

I totally understand. I lived abroad for 3 years and I browsed at websites so much that I started a blog to catalog everything I was missing. I used to order clothes and have them sent to my parent’s place, then my mum would ship them to me! Oh and I love west elm! Those are awesome picks.

22. dialoguewithspace commented
    December 2nd, 2011 at 5:42am

Loving this shop! Just move from Paris to Manhattan, it was a great surprise to find out about this place, i m so addicted !
    dialoguewithspace´s last blog post ..JAMES TURRELL