I’m Loving: MilK Decoration N°5 Book

If you’re a fan of MilK, a French interiors and fashion magazine for kids and hip parents, like I am then you’ll love their latest little book (#5 in the series) called MilK Decoration N°5. It’s gorgeous! See for yourself…

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

A Bollywood inspired home from the book, I found this spread particularly pretty in violet and red tones with hints of fresh green and black.

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

The table and lighting caught my eye in this room above.

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

The Edwyn Collins sketched owl wallpaper shown above, produced by my friend Katja at Elli Popp, is one that I definitely plan to order for my home. I not only love the paper, but I really love the story behind how Edwyn’s sketchy series of birds came together and how my friend discovered his work and turned it into ceramics and wallpaper that is now selling at stores like Liberty and Anthropologie. So inspiring.

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

Gorgeous floor and bookcase. I love how most of the books are stacked, too.

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

This room is very me – I love the bright, fresh openness of it and the warmth of the wood which keeps all of the white from looking too clinical.

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

Such a sweet boy’s room. I love the no-nonsense curtain.

MilK Deco No. 5 Book

This is a truly lovely and cozy nook. The wall color is positively to die for – it’s this smoky eucalyptus color that feels so inviting.

I found my copy of Milk Deco No. 5 in Berlin but you can pick up a digital or print version online here. If you have a hard time with the French site, Little Big in England sells it online. The book is written in both English and French, which was a real selling point to me because it eliminated the usual frustration I feel when purchasing foreign language decorating books.

I love the beautiful, diverse, casual, personal and eclectic homes in this little book – this is my personal style all the way so naturally I’m drawn to the more quirky touches and personalization that I see in the homes featured in this sweet volume. If you pick up a copy, I’m certain you’ll love it as much as I do… and a big plus is that the layout is very fresh with each family story divided by a gorgeously golden page with perfectly pretty typeface that make it such a joy to flip through if you love pretty letters as much as I do. :)

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on December 01, 2011

1. The Design Notebook commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 2:20pm

What a great recommendation, Holly! I love the look of the book. It went straight onto my Christmas wishlist. I hope Santa can carry all those books for me that I have wished for already!!! Thanks so much for the tip!

2. Meg Manion Silliker commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 4:28pm

the photography alone has me drooling! lovely!!
    Meg Manion Silliker´s last blog post ..[dapple the sun] | newburyport, ma

3. Kathryn commented
    December 1st, 2011 at 7:01pm

Looks amazing. Their past home features have been great. I wonder if the magazine stands that sell the usual Milk will have this?

4. Katie Hackworth commented
    December 2nd, 2011 at 8:12pm

I think I need to get my hands on this book… even if it is in French!. Thanks for the recommendation!

5. Kat commented
    December 3rd, 2011 at 11:44pm

I follow your instagram and saw your pic of Milk on there and went by Newstand online to get a copy. I knew its be good if you had it and also cause I’ve had a copy of their magazine in the past.
    Truly the French styling is just my favourite and I don’t even mind when I can’t read much of the text.
    Kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..I love Mollie Makes

6. Ellie commented
    December 4th, 2011 at 1:15pm

Thank you for a wonderful tip! I wonder if they tell the name of the wallpaper in the front cover (the black animal wallpaper)? That looks like a wallpaper I would absolutely want for my kids! Thanks for advance if you could answer my question!

7. Tina commented
    December 7th, 2011 at 6:59pm

This is the second place I have seen that owl wallpaper, it is seriously sweet. And I LOVE the room below it.

8. Daughter Earth commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm

I Love the cover! I need to get my hands on that!

9. hosanna commented
    December 20th, 2011 at 11:30am

The wallpaper Is “Forêt noir” of Nathalie Lété for domestic.fr

10. morgane commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 11:15am

good morning,

i would be happy to know where you bought this magazine in berlin!

thank you very much and have a wonderful christmas time

morgane

11. Selina commented
    January 7th, 2012 at 9:26pm

Can anyone tell me the name and make of the gorgeous smoky eucalyptus color paint in the last image? Thanks!

12. BODIE and FOU commented
    January 25th, 2012 at 4:43pm

Totally agree with you Holly. Like the Paumes books in Japan, Papier Mache in Australia, MILK in France, this book is delightful and I really love the intro which really summarizes the spirit of the book.
    I’m delighted decoration codes have changed at home. I couldn’t stomach a pink bedroom for Mila and painted one of her walls in Down Pipe by Farrow & Ball which is quite a dark colour for a 6 years old but against the rest of the room painted in white, it looks gorgeous, simple and contemporary and allows for more creativity. I also painted a cupboard in a soft grey but the use the left over of our bubble pink paint used on our front door to paint the inside of her cupboards where she put lots of pictures of her cousins with Japanese masking tapes