Nancy Straughan Textile Designs

The moment I heard from Nancy Straughan and saw her textiles this week, I knew she would end up on decor8. Nancy is a textile designer in Northern England who works mostly on fabrics for fashion and the home. Textiles, printmaking, bookbinding, illustration and photography are just a few of her favorite things. Her love for all things handmade can be traced all the way back to childhood and she credits her artistic upbringing for instilling in her a love for design and making.

Nancy Straughan Textile Designs

Nancy Straughan Textile Designs

Nancy Straughan Textile Designs

Nancy Straughan Textile Designs

Nancy Straughan Textile Designs

“Nancy focuses her love of combining classic sophistication with uncompromising attention to detail with each print collection. Inspired by the motifs seen in Scandinavian and 1950s textiles she creates simple and refreshing contemporary products for you and your home. Made in England, and in keeping with her sustainable ethos, each print is carefully designed and printed using the finest and eco- friendly fabrics and papers,” and you can view all of her work here on her gorgeous website and also on her blog.

Beautiful – I can see so many of these being applied to surfaces in the home with stunning results!

(images: nancy straughan)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on December 14, 2011

1. Laura Trevey commented
    December 14th, 2011 at 5:37pm

Oh! I love the watercolour collection!!! So great!
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..Tangerine Tango – Pantone 2012 Color of the Year

2. Jessica commented
    December 14th, 2011 at 5:39pm

I love the how she makes geometric prints look soft.
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Day Twelve: Earth Ornament

3. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    December 14th, 2011 at 6:27pm

Her work makes me want to pick up my paintbrush! It is completely inspiring and beautiful -the scallop print tunic dress is so cute! And organic to boot! Yay!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Deck the Halls: Wreaths & Garland

4. MondaysMilk commented
    December 14th, 2011 at 7:32pm

I’d love some of her prints in my shop! Especially the organic texture collection.. The Floral, the watercolors.. Actually ehm.. all of them! Thanks!

5. Ría commented
    December 14th, 2011 at 8:37pm

Wonderful designs!!

Ría´s last blog post ..My wishlist: jewelry.

6. Nancy Straughan commented
    December 15th, 2011 at 12:08pm

Thank you so much everyone. I truly appreciate all the lovely comments. Just in case any of you are interested, I have fabrics available in my Etsy store. If you like any designs that are not available on Etsy feel free to contact me. Thanks again!

7. Sue commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 10:24am

LOVE these designs! Just had a look at your Etsy shop Nancy and your designs are great!

Any of Holly’s lovely readers know where to buy nice modern quilting fabrics?
    I’m based in Ireland so a European / UK stockist would be best.
    Sue´s last blog post ..Fields of Gold – Ann and Gordon’s Station House Hotel Wedding by Studio 33

8. Nancy commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 12:49pm

Hi Sue! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I really appreciate it. Just to let you know I also print onto quilting weight cotton, so if you liked any of my designs let me know and I can get something printed for you!