Beautiful Delicious Marie Claire Maison

These images from Marie Claire Maison made me drool like a fool today. The walls! The art! The quirk! The organized chaos! Ah, yes Marie Claire Maison you have once again made me walk away inspired. Hope these images do the same for you today, too. For fans of red and bold color in general, you’ll particularly love these inspiring rooms.

Most of these homes display such a clever balance of soothing neutrals and bursts of energetic color, mixed together carefully to form a most delightful cocktail of style. Delish!

(images: marie claire maison)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on December 22, 2011

1. sharon commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 1:00pm

i’m in love with the second picture, the lovely floral chair, and all those books….heaven x
    sharon´s last blog post ..blush & bashful x

2. tinajo commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 1:41pm

That sure was amazing – love all the details! Merry Christmas! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Merry Christmas!

3. Hillcrest Cottage commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 6:04pm

***love*** thanks for sharing!
    Hillcrest Cottage´s last blog post ..Look Kids, A REAL Christmas Tree!

4. Jessica commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 8:38pm

Great designs…especially love the blue and green rooms
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Photo Gift Tag + Painted Wrapping Paper

5. Sara commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 9:04pm

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this!!! I adore all of the color and the relaxed coziness and style!

6. LorriePaige commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 9:32pm

I agree with Sharon–so quaint and cool!
    LorriePaige´s last blog post ..Happy Yule Year!

7. Becky {Pretty Dandy homewares} commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 9:47pm

Love these, especiall the ladder image and the one with “bold” on it. Gorgeous atmosphere across them all.

Becky

8. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 11:35pm

Mixing patterns in such an artfully casual way is truly a talent! Love the rooms, these are definitely places I’d like to spend time in! Thanks for sharing!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Home Style: California Kitchen Renovation

9. Marcela commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 2:01am

i LOVE THIS!!!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Marcela´s last blog post ..DIY – Reciclado Navideño : candelabro

10. Tania commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 3:19am

I really love the purple and grey polkadot long ottoman bench thingy. That would be perfect for the end of my bed.
    Tania´s last blog post ..Gift Wrapping…Da MauiShopGirl Way

11. Emma commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 10:36am

Love these room shots… Sort of French shabby chic, really like the bright colours used in the last picture.
    Emma´s last blog post ..The Best Bed Hair in the World Video… The Final Cut!

12. Saskia commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 11:36am

I really love the framed pictures in the first and last image. And I love the unplastered walls!
    Saskia´s last blog post ..Happy Going With Olle Eksell

13. Linda Leyble commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 3:11pm

These images are so lovely, Holly. Love the wall finish in the living room (I assume it’s a finish, but could it be wallpaper?) My mother had a chair just like the one in the last photo. Who knew that Danish style would be “in” today.

My mom was very inventive though – she did a faux finish in our living room in the late 1960s (and I helped her). I have to see if one of my siblings has a picture of it – it was truly different. It was a white background and a gold sprayed spider web netting pattern laid over it. I guess that’s how I got the bug to do decorative painting later in life.

In the green bedroom, is that grisaille on the wall? Very inventive. Thanks for sharing these images.

Linda
    Linda Leyble´s last blog post ..Some Last Minute Christmas Decoration Ideas

14. Igor commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 4:06pm

One of my favorite French interiors magazines! Lucky me I am off to Paris tonight so I will grab the latest issue over there! Have fab & happy festivities, Holly.
    Igor´s last blog post ..Happily Ever After: Freunde von Freunden

15. Emer commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 5:59pm

I think the bookcases have seen better days!!!
    Emer´s last blog post ..Allowing Kitchen installation to run smoothly

16. Nidhi commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 6:02pm

Just yummy…..

17. Gosia commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 6:37pm

Holly! Would you be kind to post one day about wall lettering, I mean those 3D letters the same colour as walls? Do you buy them? Make them? How? Where? I can picture a quote from John Lennon on my wall!!

18. Zane commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 9:37pm

oh, so beautiful
    Zane´s last blog post ..I’ll never let you sweep me off my feet

19. Raquel commented
    December 24th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Love all these pics, thanks for sharing. Have a great holiday and a happy new year’s!

20. Kelly commented
    December 26th, 2011 at 2:47pm

Ah:O Yes! It’s so quaint. I love this decor!!Especially the book shelf, unique and vintage!!!Love this style!!!:D

21. Ella commented
    December 30th, 2011 at 8:22pm

Such a sucker for of skew pictures and book cases xx
    Ella´s last blog post ..grand designs; the arch house

22. Laura Trevey commented
    December 31st, 2011 at 4:23pm

You had me at the 1st image ~ LOVE!!
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..Happy New Year Wishes!

23. Nina commented
    March 15th, 2013 at 8:59pm

Wonderful colour combinations – very interesting and inviting.