Decorating Tips

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

December 22, 2011

This new Dutch hotel is located in Amsterdam and I can’t stop examining the rooms! It is called The Exchange and I find it as intriguing and a bit creepy therefore I have to share these photos to get your thoughts.

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

I loved that graduates of the Amsterdam Fashion Institute designed and decorated each of the 61 rooms making each one different and fun. What do you think of it, would you stay in a hotel like this? What do you think?

(photos: the exchange via trendland.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Bella December 22, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Nice pictures. And a great blog!

• Reply Cutelicious December 22, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I think I would … But I might choose one of the less creepy rooms! :-) Some look really fun!

• Reply Iris December 22, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Oh yes I would!!! Not creepy at all but most intriguing and inspiring.
    x Iris

• Reply Margot December 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Hi there! So funny that you just posted this, I live in Amsterdam and just recently visited the accompanying store and cafe, Options! and STOCK respectively. It’s really great, if you’re ever in Amsterdam again you should check it out. Here are some photographs Thanks for posting!

• Reply Ellen December 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I don’t know that I could sleep in the room with all of the eyes… LOL… but it’s fun to see the creativity from the fashion students in all of the rooms!

• Reply Cathy December 22, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I apllaud the design and ingenuity, but don’t think I sould sleep there – especially not with my husband who has no appreciation for design!! Bit creepy – yes….

• Reply Este December 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Wow so beautiful!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm

So interesting….and for me, definitely a teeny bit creepy. I try not to stay anywhere creepy but, if you went I’d go with you! :)

• Reply Serena December 22, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I LOVE IT! Some of the rooms are creepy and I would love to stay in one.

• Reply Cheryl R December 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Since I’ve never been to Amsterdam, I’d love to stay just about anywhere – as I say – as long as it’s clean. But as lover of scary/horror movies, I think I’d skip the “eye” room or the “sleeves-by-the-bed” room. They are a tad creepy.

• Reply Sara December 22, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Yes, creepy. It is really interesting, but looks kind of like an asylum designed by Alexander McQueen.

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy December 22, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I’m not sure how well I’d sleep with all those eyes staring down! But the wall-to-wall covered everything room made me laugh out loud! I like it in a strange, very original sort of way! Sort of makes me want to slip cover something…everything? :)

• Reply gluten free gift December 23, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Delightful! We have a similar project in Toronto called the Gladstone Hotel, where each unique room has been designed by a local artist. They hold fabulous art events there all of the time too, which makes the location really vibrant.

I’m particularly tickled by the wall with sleeves!

• Reply Jenipher December 24, 2011 at 4:44 am

I definitely appreciate the decorating….!

but i wouldn’t stay in them. I would be a little creeped out…

• Reply sarah December 27, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I was at the Exchange hotel last week and the rooms are pretty cool. Very avant garde. Only prob is no AC :( but from a design perspective it’s mindblowingly creative.

• Reply JD December 28, 2011 at 9:58 am

Lovely, but my first thought was that it must be a nightmare to dust…

• Reply ful December 30, 2011 at 10:37 am

No, I would never stay in a hotel like this. Never ever. But your blog is awsome.

• Reply Jessica Williams December 30, 2011 at 4:36 pm

YES. I would totally stay in a hotel like this! How cool!!

• Reply Debra December 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm

It’s different I would probably want to stay in a room not so creepy.