The Exchange Hotel: Amsterdam

This new Dutch hotel is located in Amsterdam and I can’t stop examining the rooms! It is called The Exchange and I find it as intriguing and a bit creepy therefore I have to share these photos to get your thoughts.

The Exchange

The Exchange

The Exchange

The Exchange

The Exchange

The Exchange

I loved that graduates of the Amsterdam Fashion Institute designed and decorated each of the 61 rooms making each one different and fun. What do you think of it, would you stay in a hotel like this? What do you think?

(photos: the exchange via trendland.)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on December 22, 2011

1. Bella commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 12:16pm

Nice pictures. And a great blog!

2. Cutelicious commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 12:34pm

I think I would … But I might choose one of the less creepy rooms! :-) Some look really fun!
    Cutelicious´s last blog post ..Ein Lichtlein … oder eine Keks-Kerze

3. Iris commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 12:39pm

Oh yes I would!!! Not creepy at all but most intriguing and inspiring.
    x Iris

4. Margot commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 12:57pm

Hi there! So funny that you just posted this, I live in Amsterdam and just recently visited the accompanying store and cafe, Options! and STOCK respectively. It’s really great, if you’re ever in Amsterdam again you should check it out. Here are some photographs http://maevdkrogt.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/amsterdam-insights-stock-options/. Thanks for posting!

5. Ellen commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 1:34pm

I don’t know that I could sleep in the room with all of the eyes… LOL… but it’s fun to see the creativity from the fashion students in all of the rooms!

6. Cathy commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 2:18pm

I apllaud the design and ingenuity, but don’t think I sould sleep there – especially not with my husband who has no appreciation for design!! Bit creepy – yes….
    Cathy´s last blog post ..Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!!!

7. Este commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:51pm

Wow so beautiful!
    Este´s last blog post ..Refashioned cardigan

8. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:52pm

So interesting….and for me, definitely a teeny bit creepy. I try not to stay anywhere creepy but, if you went I’d go with you! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Little things & little moments

9. Serena commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 8:28pm

I LOVE IT! Some of the rooms are creepy and I would love to stay in one.

10. Cheryl R commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 8:34pm

Since I’ve never been to Amsterdam, I’d love to stay just about anywhere – as I say – as long as it’s clean. But as lover of scary/horror movies, I think I’d skip the “eye” room or the “sleeves-by-the-bed” room. They are a tad creepy.

11. Sara commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 8:53pm

Yes, creepy. It is really interesting, but looks kind of like an asylum designed by Alexander McQueen.

12. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    December 22nd, 2011 at 11:37pm

I’m not sure how well I’d sleep with all those eyes staring down! But the wall-to-wall covered everything room made me laugh out loud! I like it in a strange, very original sort of way! Sort of makes me want to slip cover something…everything? :)
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Home Style: California Kitchen Renovation

13. gluten free gift commented
    December 23rd, 2011 at 1:53pm

Delightful! We have a similar project in Toronto called the Gladstone Hotel, where each unique room has been designed by a local artist. They hold fabulous art events there all of the time too, which makes the location really vibrant.

I’m particularly tickled by the wall with sleeves!
    gluten free gift´s last blog post ..gluten-free gingerbread house kit… home sweet home!

14. Jenipher commented
    December 24th, 2011 at 4:44am

I definitely appreciate the decorating….!

but i wouldn’t stay in them. I would be a little creeped out…

15. sarah commented
    December 27th, 2011 at 9:11pm

I was at the Exchange hotel last week and the rooms are pretty cool. Very avant garde. Only prob is no AC :( but from a design perspective it’s mindblowingly creative.
    sarah´s last blog post ..martin creed

16. JD commented
    December 28th, 2011 at 9:58am

Lovely, but my first thought was that it must be a nightmare to dust…

17. ful commented
    December 30th, 2011 at 10:37am

No, I would never stay in a hotel like this. Never ever. But your blog is awsome.

18. Jessica Williams commented
    December 30th, 2011 at 4:36pm

YES. I would totally stay in a hotel like this! How cool!!

19. Debra commented
    December 30th, 2011 at 9:30pm

It’s different I would probably want to stay in a room not so creepy.